The Square Ch. 01

Story Info
Married couple discuss polyamory.
1.3k words
3.8
9.5k
12

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 03/14/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I sat on the couch, watching the flicker of the TV screen in front of me. Brooke was on her phone, scrolling through social media. I couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness and frustration. Our marriage had hit a rough patch, and I didn't know how to fix it. Brooke's high libido was causing arguments and tension between us. I knew that we needed to talk about it, but I didn't know how to broach the subject without making things worse.

I know most men would kill to have a wife that wanted sex all the time, but Brooke was off the charts, and fucking six times a day was tough after a while. It was ok in my twenties, but now in my forties, I needed a break. Most days I think my wife should go to a therapist because I think she has nymphomania, then other days I think its just a high sex drive.

I know this sounds weird, but lately I had thinking about bringing another man into our marriage so he can help satisfy her, because I can't keep up, I am exhausted. But that brings up a whole mess of problems, finding the right guy, finding a clean guy, finding someone who doesn't want to take her for himself. So I shoot that idea down in my head, and most days I feel I am trapped in a over-sexed marriage.

The TV program we were watching ended, and a documentary about polyamory started playing. I turned to Brooke, trying to gauge her reaction. She looked up from her phone and frowned.

"What is this?" she asked.

"It's a documentary about polyamory," I replied. "Do you want to watch it together?"

Brooke rolled her eyes. "Why would we want to watch that?"

"Well, I don't know...," I said hesitantly. "With your high libido, maybe we could explore opening up our relationship."

Brooke's expression turned from annoyance to confusion. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"I mean, we could look for another partner," I said, my heart pounding in my chest.

Brooke's face twisted in anger. "Are you saying I'm not enough for you? That you need someone else?" she exclaimed.

"No, that's not what I meant," I replied, trying to keep my voice calm. "I love you, Brooke. I just want to find a way to make this work for both of us."

Brooke shook her head. "I can't believe you would even suggest something like this. Are you gay? Is that it? You don't want me anymore?"

My heart sank at her words. I never thought she would accuse me of being gay just because I wanted to explore the idea of polyamory. I took a deep breath, trying to control my emotions.

"No, Brooke, I'm not gay. I love you, and I want to make this work. But we have to be honest with each other and find a way to satisfy our needs without hurting each other," I said.

Brooke's eyes narrowed, and she crossed her arms over her chest. "I don't know if I can do this, Luke. This is too much for me to handle right now," she said, her voice wavering.

I felt a pang of guilt and regret in my chest. Maybe I should have waited to bring up the subject, or approached it in a different way. But it was too late now.

"I understand, Brooke. We don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with. But we do need to talk about this and find a way to move forward," I said.

Brooke stood up from the couch, her face twisted in anger. "I can't even look at you right now," she spat out before storming off to our bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

I sat on the couch, feeling lost and alone. I didn't know how to fix this. All I knew was that I loved Brooke and didn't want to lose her. But I also knew that we needed to find a way to address the issue of her high libido and figure out a solution that worked for both of us.

Hours passed, and I lay on the couch, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep, my mind racing with thoughts and worries. Eventually, I got up and went to the kitchen, hoping to clear my mind with a glass of water.

As I stood at the sink, I heard the bedroom door creak open behind me. I turned around to see Brooke.

After a moment of silence, I decide to break the ice.

"Brooke, I just want you to know that I love you more than anything in this world. I know this is a difficult conversation, but I think we need to have it. I don't want to hurt you, and I'm not interested in other people. I just want us to explore this together."

Brooke doesn't say anything, but I see the tears starting to well up in her eyes. I immediately regret bringing up the topic, but it's too late now. We need to talk about it.

"Brooke, please say something. Anything."

She takes a deep breath and looks at me.

"I just don't understand, Luke. If you love me so much, why would you want to be with someone else?"

I take her hand in mine and try to explain my thoughts and feelings to her.

"Brooke, it's not about wanting someone else. It's about exploring our sexuality together and opening ourselves up to new experiences. I want to see you happy and fulfilled, and if that means we have to bring another man into the relationship, then we have to."

Brooke still seems skeptical, but she doesn't pull her hand away from mine.

"I just don't know if you could handle seeing me with another man, Luke. It would tear us apart."

I pull her close to me and hold her tightly.

"I understand, Brooke. And I promise you, we won't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. We'll only move forward if we're both on the same page and we'll go at your pace."

Brooke leans into me and starts to cry softly. I hold her and stroke her hair, whispering words of comfort to her.

Eventually, her tears subside, and she pulls back to look at me.

"I don't know, Luke. I just feel so confused right now. I love you so much, but the thought of losing us just hurts so much."

I take a deep breath and gather my thoughts.

"Brooke, I know this is a big step for us, but I truly believe that exploring polyamory together could bring us even closer. It's not about taking anything away from our relationship, it's about adding something new and exciting to it. And if we don't like it, we don't have to continue with it."

Brooke nods slowly and takes another deep breath.

"Okay, Luke. I'll try to be open-minded and see where this takes us. But please, promise me that you'll be patient with me and won't push me too hard."

I smile at her and kiss her gently.

"I promise, Brooke. We'll take it slow, and I'll always be here to support you."

We sit there in silence for a while longer, holding each other and processing our conversation. Eventually, we decide to turn off the TV and go to bed, both of us exhausted from the emotional rollercoaster we've just been through.

As we lay in bed, I can feel Brooke's warm body pressed against mine. Her scent fills my nostrils, and I am filled with a deep sense of love and gratitude. I wrap my arm around her and hold her close, breathing in her scent and feeling her soft skin against mine.

"Luke, are you still awake?"

I look down at her and see the hesitation in her eyes.

"Yes, Brooke. What is it?"

"I just want you to know that I love you, and I'm willing to try anything for us to be happy together."

I kiss her forehead and hold her close.

"I know, Brooke. And I love you too. We'll take this journey together."