All Comments on 'The Story of Cadence and I'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 141 Comments
laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 2 years ago

I always look forward to a good read when I see Cagivagurl's name on a story. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A cuck and a selfish bitch

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

The ending to this was awful.

Cadence was starstruck be Nigel. She eagerly participated in make out sessions with him, knowing full well that her husband hated every second of it. When she started acting, the condition was "no kissing"... yet she broke that rule dozens of times. ​The amount of damage she did to her marriage was unbelievable... and yet somehow the husband is made out to be the unreasonable one?!

-

Roger warned her that Nigel was trying to seduce her. He warned Cadence that she would destroy her reputation in the village and turn them both into a laughing stock. She spitefully ignored all his warnings and everything happened as he predicted. Her poor daughter had to endure being taunted at school about her mother being a slut... with graphic video evidence to make everything ten times worse.

-

Cadence should've been begging her husband for forgiveness after her emotional and physical affair with Nigel. Yet Roger somehow gets turned into the bad guy? She was more than willing to sacrifice her marriage for an acting career. After enduring months of her self-inflicted nightmare, Roger should've just filed for divorce. Cadence proved that she was a stupid, fame-hungry whore, who didn't love or respect her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Uh oh! If she plays the lead, then their marriage is gonna be disillusioned!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

6 pages too long… not worth it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Same shit different day. You honestly think that blaming the male MC for his wife's continued mistaken interpretation of his motives somehow makes everything ok. And once again, at the end of the story, he signs off on being an insensitive ass. There are bigger issues involved in your story AS YOU WROTE IT, e.g., deferring to the primacy of the marital relationship. You apparently continue to live in a make-believe world where women have limited maturity, even less insight, and men are only slightly evolved from cavemen.

waratahwaratahover 2 years ago

You write tense and dramatic stories.

I find the dialogue irritating in the sense that we read through the same conversation 14 times.

(DO WE HAVE AN AGREEMENT YOU WONT TAKE ROLES WITH KISSING?

Yes

DOES THIS ROKE REQUIRE KISSING?

Yes

DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE AGREEMENT?

Yes

WHAT IS THE PROPER WAY TO CHANGE AN AGREEMENT...?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, well written. Very strong characters with well developed presence. The interplay between husband and wife is exemplary. The situation becomes so extreme that I am not able to think of anyone I know that would react as the wife did. However, she did not quite slip beyond the realm of possibility. A story such as this one will elicit strong reactions from readers who will insist upon instructing a fictional character as to what she should have done.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well I liked it, you keep writing and I'll keep reading, thanks

Impo_64Impo_64over 2 years ago

Really? 8 pages about an over used and abused theme? And in the end what happened was no one's fault? As someone said 2 pages was more than enough. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are a really good writer. This was a really good story. Five stars.

stev2244stev2244over 2 years ago

Awesome. Your stories always rev me up and this one was no exception. Thanks for writing them and I hope you will keep doing that. 5*

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

She is an awful wife and mother. Why the husband is being blamed is beyond me. I know many women simply cannot accept that women can be at fault all on their own in relationships. Probably the case here.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

You never fail to drag the emotions out me. Anger, love, grief, frustration, relief, all the marks of a great writer and a great story. Thank you for posting. Write another, please. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've read similar but hubby really does get cuckolded. I think that one ended in divorce.

Think Candance was too hard on Roger ultimately he was there for her when it came down to the crunch.

They should have sued Harry and Nige for releasing the videos and using her head on someone else's body.

The trouble with her talk with the reporters was that she said they intended to have sex... from that point the village would look at him like a cuck in waiting.

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

She was just being "silly" - what a load of bullshit. As others have said it was her who broke their agreement about kissing and sex scenes but he became the bad guy. I think he should have moved out and let her live with the situation she had made. Once the play was over and he had finally seduced her she was dumped and she finally realised what a mess of her life she had made. Well written but I couldn't buy into him believing he had been wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This writer hasn't come up with a decent story yet. Her stories are juvenile at best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

not quite sure how Roger became the bad guy in this. all of what befell them was because of Cadence's starstruck fantasy. but then again this was written by a woman

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didn't bother reading it but let me tell you what happens.

Wife is a complete bitch and continually humiliates and disrespects her husband through out the story. The author then makes the husband the bad guy. Same shit,

different day with this author. Tell me I'm wrong.

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 2 years ago
5 Stars

Another brilliant story from one of the best writers on this site.

-26thNC Approved

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"I should have trusted you, talked to you rather than acting like a chump."

Yes, Roger was a good little Chump. Cadence had an emotional and physical affair with Nigel and Roger like a good little Chump ate his Shit sandwich and now thinks shit sandwiches part of a healthy and well-balanced diet of a Chump.

I guess good ole Roger thinks its easier to be a good little chump than actually grow a pair. For Chumps it’s hard to admit to yourself and the world that you fucked up something as important as choosing a life partner. Being cheated on is humiliating. It’s natural to want to control the outcome, and put lipstick on that pig and reconcile. Either you don’t tell anyone or you tell people and spend the rest of your marriage either avoiding everyone who hates your cheating spouse or convincing them that your Marriage Is Stronger For It.

If you loved a lousy partner, okay, so what? You’re human. You picked a shitty one from the spouse pile. Explore that, fix it, and choose better next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written and good idea until last page or so. We are meant to understand a wife who put her marriage at risk by allowing her ego to supercede her marriage and child when she blames her loving husband who saved her from humiliation as he didn't support her enough....ruined it all. TC Ireland

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

It gets a five. The start had me roiled up. Such a failure to communicate. I wondered at the end. Found it annoying that she got her wish, and also made out with a young guy. Did the new play still have scenes in bed where she has an orgasm? (Shouldn't it be Cadence and ME??) D

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Hol' up. After it's been made clear that these guys were predatory sleazes who were out to take advantage of her, Cadence's primary sentiment after the fact is disappointment in her husband for not being more accommodating? This comes across more as a strict father-airhead daughter relationship than a marriage. The buildup is done well, but Cadence could have used some more fleshing out. As it is, whenever she's around, she's either being pigheaded or weepy, which makes for one annoying character.

DDAY55DDAY55over 2 years ago

Thank you for your stories. I am pleased to see when you have posted a new one and always look forward to reading it. Your writing is among the best on this site. I don’t know why most of these anon’s bother to comment. If they don’t like the stories why read them? I know I have skipped some of yours because they were not my cup of tea.

I enjoy your stories as they always seem to provoke a reaction in me. Your characters are always well thought out and are reasonably believable. The characters in this story are certainly believable. Your dialogue is always well written and concise, although sometimes verbose but in this story that is what is needed to tell the story.

The protagonist (Roger) was within his rights to say how he felt and was very clear about it. Too bad Cadence had her head so far in the clouds to listen. I am glad she came around in the end. Your antagonists (Nigel and Harry) seemed to had no redeeming qualities. If they had been a little less melodramatic the story may have ended differently. I’m glad it had a happy ending.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I always felt that people will use "acting" as a way to justify cheating. Imagine, you are married but you get to make out and do whatever you want with someone other than your spouse just because it is acting. If you get paid then you are really no different than an escort or prostitute. Of course, the acting does not have to have actual penetration but in many cases it comes very close. Kissing, fondling breasts, reaching into the mans pants, all to "simulate".

When she went around him and got others to agree to the play and she took the lead he should have then told her what he meant by consequences and said it is the play or our marriage. And he should have gone forward with it. Odds are when she got served she would dump the play and he can hold off on the divorce.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

Why did you change it from a BTB to a Reconciliation story?

payenbrantpayenbrantover 2 years ago

I have to admit how in the world does the husband become the bad guy at the end of the story? I wonder if this is just a british thing...

It would be easy to say the writer wanted to just hate on men, or was influenced by third wave feminist ideology. I doubt it though. I think the writer was just doing it a little humorous and showing how people are flawed and can act crazy and believe illogical lies. The wife had a weakness for believeing illogical things. Nigel and Harrys lies for one....then lieing to herself that her husband never supported her. She even believed her own lies.

Honestly she needs a therapist and some medication. Good story but a little strange. Hard to believe women are that illogical but all around a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am more into the btb aspects. However I found this a well written enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Romance bullshit

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Where would Loving wives be without Stupid Wives! I love your writing style and story telling so much I’d give you 5 stars for an employee manual. Always a joy reading your stories and thanks so much for sharing!!!

grogers7grogers7over 2 years ago

You did a very good job of making us all uncomfortable. Well written. Would I like a different outcome? Does not matter. It's your fiction, your creation. There are lots of real life stories that I would want to be different.

Your story is carried by the dialogue that is realistic. Congrats! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He was much to lame.

Nigeria should have had his arse kicked and hos pretty face rearainged.

She screwed up and he has to apologize?

Then she still gets to snog with a younger guy?

The modern double standard.

She practical had sex with another man and blames him for not being supportive.

Who needs a slut for a wife?

She would not have given him the same liberties.

Double female standards strike again.

She felt like it therefore it's OK.

Crap.

miket0422miket0422over 2 years ago

Liked the story. Seemed like way to many pages were spent beating the same dead horse that the husband didn't want her to take the role and the wife was dead set she was taking it. That was well established with the first page and a half... No need to drag it out for several more pages.

Despite her protests to the contrary, when the first video came out her responses about did they rehearse I'm private more than once and did it go further than making out ... Makes it appear she was still hiding a lot from her husband and he just let her get away with it.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Again you have disappointed me. You can write such good stories, l have read them. This is not one of them.

You often write of women who are shallow, they have no substance. They do evil things on a whim. Then wonder why they are drowning in shit.

Your male leads, are upright men who do the right thing but always end up apologising for being right and always shouldering the blame for the weak female. This is becoming a regular theme with your stories.

Stop it please and get back to the real stories I know you can write.

Scores 2/5. For heavens sake get yourself back on track.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Couldn't get past page one of this boring crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
You nearly always rile me ...

CG, I always look forward to your stories.

It's like a love/hate reading. You normally manage to get me really negatively steaming after half a page and more often than not I disagree with your MC reactions and emotions.

This one was different. MC was more proactive and assertive, more believable altogether.

Thank you for writing and keep posting.

Wolftrap

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was wondering how any blame could possibly be put on Roger !! You did it again , and made his otherwise strong moral character look pathetic . Cadence was being used by Nigel and surely just by looking round at the lack of support for this project she would realise her mistake . Roger worked to get her out of what was becoming clearly a devastating mistake , and his reward was Cadence withdrawing into herself because he had not supported her and had the effrontery to ' forbid ' her accepting this role ? He could have gone the separation and divorce route with those videos . After all the arguments , why should he take her word that she was innocent .

One thing that did surprise me was a lack of any comment regarding the play by Diana . I would have thought that Roger might have shown their daughter the script and see how high his daughters approval rating was .

It would really make a nice change to read a story where you don't try to portion blame onto the male lead where blame isn't due .

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

eh already read this sorry been there done that too close to the other to commit on the difference

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Very complete from start to finish. Given the amount of lying on Cadence part, I am surprised the marriage made it. Even if it hadn't I'm sure it would have been an excellent story.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 2 years ago

Always happy to see new work from you. Thank you.

dc6370dc6370over 2 years ago

I'm with LTW, 5 stars. You have a unique sense of writing emotions.

ThorlolThorlolover 2 years ago

Would have been better if you didnt twist everything that happend at the end. Suddenly everything was his fault because he wasnt supportive of his wife making out with the guy she was crushing on with almost no clothing on her? There are lines you do not cross if you are in a relationship and that was one of his and even hers before the play. Has nothing to do with jealousy and being insecure, that was just pure disrespect. Great 6,5 pages and than the horrible end with everyone guilt tripping him and he actually assumed most of the fault. Fucking delusional.

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

I do like the way you write but this story appears to be similar to one that appeared a while ago. Yours has a different feel and I liked it but could not help trying to remember the story I had read previously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another cuck story, under a veil of attempted chicanery to pretend like it's otherwise.

Locksley7Locksley7over 2 years ago

Bravo!!!!!!!! Loved this story. It is brilliant. Have always appreciated your stories, and this one finally pulled me up of my butt to tell you do. What a treat!!!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Hmm

Well, you have produced some good writing and entertaining storytelling which is par for your talent.

I was fully enmeshed and engaged until the end.

Your conclusion seems quite a bit off target by throwing much of any of the blame on Roger.

Cadence was the dunce of this story. She single handedly destroyed her reputation and almost her marriage with her belligerent disrespect of the rules she agreed to with her husband. I don't think a short time of idiocy like she displayed has to be a marriage ender but it easily could have. I didn't mind the reconciliation and Cadance seemed to have finally woken up and pulled her head out of her stupid ass until the ending where she had the gaul to blame any of it on Roger.

The ending statement about his jealousy being any part of the problem was so bad it almost derailed the whole story.

I liked how he, Diana and Felicity worked together with his leadership to give Cadence a chance at showing her acting chops but for Cadence to blatantly show no understanding of the difference between Nigel's slimy script, not to mention his molestation of her, and the much cleaner rewrite shows that Cadence is really just too stupid to be married to someone as great as Roger. You did write Roger as a great husband BTW.

I'm choosing to ignore the less than stellar conclusions you tried to draw at the end and still give this high marks.

Thanks for an entertaining read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She's the selfish asshole and yet the author attempts to make the husband the bad guy for a clarity of vision. Ludicrous. Nigel spread scandalous propaganda about the woman in press and media of all sort. He distributed faked photos. If Roger had sued for defamation of character, it would definitely not be a "he said, she said" case. His utterances were made in the public domain. That was one of the really stupid aspects of this story of which there were many.

MwestohioMwestohioover 2 years ago

Very nice story arc

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Fairly common plot, but well done. It still seems like a story of a stupid couple -- a husband who is a bit possessive and cannot explain his feelings as opposed to giving orders, and a clueless narcissistic wife. But we live with stupid people. Still it is hard to accept that wife would have so been so passionate even in rehearsals simply because she was clueless.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

ew that was yucky his wife became his daughter. if a spouse needs a babysitter its time to divorce and move on. if a 40 year old acts like that get dna done on ur kids. she is too dumb not to have cheated (probably by accident) before this

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

this author's transmission is still stuck in first gear.. always a stubborn wife forcing a cuckold situation down the throat of her loving husband and in the end making him apologize for being a man..

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A really well-told story. I liked that very much. In terms of content, however, I cannot agree with your statement. The protagonists had a clear agreement that she would not play roles in which people kissed. So why should he be the "bad guy" for insisting that she keep the deal? 5/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid drivel

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

ok finished it i see hat ppl are saying about the end. just doesnt seem like it was from the same story. this felt very weird coming from cag just doesnt feel like her/his work. swear i looked at the name a few times to make sure i wasnt seeing things lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If 26thcuck likes it you know your writing is shit!! Anything 26thNCuck likes I give it to 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So this whole torrid tale is really due to Cadence's vanity and lack of respect for her husband. It also involves her desire to break a standing agreement with her husband which heretofore had protected their marriage. She paints her husband with a poor light for his refusal to agree to her rebellious attitude involving the on stage kissing. And if the kissing was not a contentious enough line for her to cross, she knew Roger was extremely unhappy about the near nudity and simulated sex scenes the play called for. DUH! What husband would be happy about his wife being showcased like this, even in a small town production? This is a major cause for marriages in the acting professions. The nonacting spouses can't wrap their heads around what happens on stage/screen. Not to speak of the off stage/screen shenanigans that take place. Cadence bears the lion's share of the responsibility for HER fiasco. She undermined Roger's responsibilities and authority as head of household, often going behind his back by playing mind games with him inviting Nigel over for meals or chats! And yes, Roger is head of household! Roger is the primary income earner. Roger owns his own business. Roger has many legal and implied responsibilities which fall to him. In the eyes of the village they would have held him accountable for his own actions as well as those of his wife and children. Cadence can get all moany about Roger "forbidding" her from doing something stupid. BUT in the end, Cadence's stupidity would come home to roost with Roger. Roger would have paid a price way beyond what would have been fair to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Have previously commented but was just musing on something else. Roger should have insisted that their daughter Diana attend all of the rehearsals and performances. If Cadence was not agreeable to this then her performances would obviously not been suitable for young eyes. If your public actions are unsuitable in front of your own children, maybe you should reconsider what it is you are doing?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glad Roger pulled his head out of his ass at the end. The fastest way to get your wkoi to do something is telling her you forbid it.

InescuInescuover 2 years ago

Well written. I enjoyed it until the end, where you seemed to suffer an attack of balance fallacy. The husband and wife had an established agreement about her participation in the theater. No roles with kissing (or other intimate scenes, it is assumed). She broke that rule, gaslighted him into thinking she was going to abide by the agreement and ultimately broke her word to participate in the play. Based on the agreement, he was well within his rights to refuse to agree to her being in the production. She was already cheating, almost from the git go, although it was an emotional affair at first. So she lied, disregarded her previous promises to her husband, disrespected him, and in general treated him as an enemy rather than her partner, and in the end, it's partly his fault? And then she gets to go ahead and break her original agreement anyway (the no kissing parts rule)? They are your characters, but I don't see the husband's actions as being consistent throughout the story. His acquiescence to her acting ambitions at the end ring hollow and him taking blame for trying to stand up for their marriage (as they both originally agreed to) was annoying (at best).

That being said, it's a well written piece and I appreciate your posting it.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

That was appalling. Far too long too.

One of your worst by far

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Let's see:

---

Wife does bad things, but, according to the author, for a "good" reason? Check.

---

Husband loves her so much he tolerates being constantly humiliated and hurt by her actions? Check.

---

Wife doesn't really understand why husband responds so negatively to her behavior? Check.

---

Everything would have been fine IF the husband hadn't been such a fascist pig? Check.

---

Yup. Just another formulaic, oblivious-wife-tortures-husband-without-regret, cuckold story from Cagivagurl

---

You should have the template perfected by now. The only variables would be things like, names and professions, the degree of sluttiness in the wife, and, of course, how much pain the unappreciative, pigheaded, wuss-of-a-husband will tolerate.

---

The end comes with either a divorce (which confuses the simpleton wife because she doesn't know how she could have done anything differently), or the pansy husband lets her do whatever she wants and accepts the blame for all the trials and tribulations endured. Well, actually, your husbands are always blamed, divorce or not.

---

With you template now complete, you should be able to crank out codswallop like this every 3 or 4 days. Congratulations.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 2 years ago

Nicely written. Believable characters.

I do have to agree with Cay that Roger appeared to be a "a jealous insecure rude man." through most of the story. His transition near the end to a supportive, loving husband was a bit hard to process. Still. well done.

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 2 years ago

well written ,, good story , thanks for sharing ,

PervertedKnightPervertedKnightover 2 years ago

3 stars from me and no more. As demander correctly points out, the title should be "Cadence and ME", not "I". Then I agree with waratah that you have the same conversation between husband and wife 14 times!?! I mean, come on--14 times!?! We readers got the point after the first couple of times -- you didn't need to smack us in the head 12 more times that the wife wanted to do the show and the husband didn't want her to do it. And lastly, the 'effected' near the end was a grammatical slap to the face when the correct word was 'affected'. You can obviously write, and you handle dialogue pretty well, but you don't need to keep having the exact same conversation over and over and you are wont to do in your tales. Oh, one final point--this is supposed to be erotica, so please have some semblance of hot sex in your stories to charge us up because that's why we are here. Good luck in your future!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really you made him out to be the bad guy even tho he said many times I do support you just not on this and with the video would’ve been used in divorce to prove cheating and why I should get custody of minor child while mom being a whore lucky fucker it’s in Britain because here in the states we got Sam Colt the equalizer and bothe nigy and harry would have a verry short life hope the x liked porn cause all she be Abe to do after destroy her

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You're a decent writer, but it's impossible to ignore your obvious misandry. We get it: you hate all cisgender humans born with penises. If you're not feminizing them, you're cuckolding them and rubbing their noses in it. It's just so pedestrian and shallow. Might I recommend working on your self-awareness?

Richie4110Richie4110over 2 years ago

Well, Well Done! THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not a bad story, except that the conversations are too repetitive, and that puts a bit of a burden on the reader. What I found really disconcerting is that there is a grammatical error in the title! You surely would not say: "The story of I and Cadence"!!

woodwardwoodwardover 2 years ago

It was a great story until the last page.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

So to recap the wife nearly destroyed her marriage once by being a lying cheating whore

and then nearly destroyed it a second time by being upset that her husband didn't support her in being a lying cheating whore?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

More drivel by this one-dimensional writer. Zzzzzzzzzzz...............

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cagiva, you are one of my favorite current writers. A couple of points. This story could have been just as good if it was shorter, which I would have preferred. Also, I disagree with your comment "Can a marriage survive vicious rumors." There were more than rumors causing problems. The wife was stubborn, lied about the meeting, and went over the top for the actor. However, hubby was not without blame himself. He was arrogant and acted like he was a dictator, which probably contributed to wife's behavior. 4.5*

anon.1

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Glad I skipped to the comments before I spent that much time reading 8 pages.

Usually anything over a few pages turns into a worthless mess so I always head to the comments first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

They had rules. He was right to be jealous. She was a stupid cow...easily led astray.

All I couldn't believe was that he didn't actually say "I told you so you stupid bitch."

This author seems to have s theme. Wife has some compelling reason or justification to get with another man...husband gets jealous. They almost divorce. Stay together with a lot of drama...and in the end the story somehow turns so that the husband gets the fault and blame for his normal reaction to having a stupid cheating slut for a wife. And then he has to apologize...sometimes publically and profusely. In order to get the cheater back because geez he used the word "forbid" or gave her an ultimatum. When everyone in the entire story could see she was making a HUGE mistake. Even her best friend. And her daughter. But after all...he's a man. So it has to be his fault.

That's the pattern with this author. I gave it 3 stars. Decent writing. Decent story. But just know all her stories are gonna kinda be like this. Wife knowingly acts like a slut. Story is written with difficult situation...that some how makes her have to cheat in some way. And then it's the husband's fault because he reacts at not wanting to be an accepting cuckold of the situation.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Has an intriguing set-up, but the development is limply structured : pages of repetitive arguments between husband and wife while daughter weeps. Arguments aren't dramatic (unless written by George Bernard Shaw or Tom Stoppard). Story needed more incident.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

This is a very interesting and well-written story.

And yes, stuff like this DOES happen in amateur theatre groups. The stories I could tell! Hang on! I don't want to throw any plots away!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Up until about half way through your story I was thinking 4* but the story writing improved as it went along. I will say that our basic story line has been covered almost verbatim by at least one other story I read in LW. I'm not implying you plagiarized, only that there is significant overlap with another author (unless it's one of your earlier works?) somewhere on the site. (I've read literally hundreds of stories in LW in the past year, so I can't give you more specifics.) What I can say is the story felt "real", was believable and well written. Anytime I see one of Randi's proteges, I'll always read it regardless of the score showing. Enough drivel - well done an a solid 5*!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 2 years ago

Same plot different characters. Is this therapy somehow for the writter? Same story in different packages over and over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked the story and the writing. The ending was weak. How could she blame the Husband for her foolishness ? Sorry, makes no sense

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Very detailed story about two hard heads not hearing and caring for each oother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Almost always superb. Thanks for your offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What an odd concept of "support," allowing, acquiescing, even ignoring your spouse while he or she does something demeaning, cheap, embarrassing, and in the end clumsy and crude. A sex scene is what an author uses to get attention when he or she has no better wit and talent. While there are numerous examples, Pride And Prejudice has several aspects of lust and promiscuity, but the author was able to execute a rather well received story without describing penises and vaginas in action. Cadence was abandoning her morals, ethics, and betraying her family through self indulgence and obvious lust, and a complete lack of common decency. Its great that their daughter was able to be properly raised before her mother succumbed to mid-life vanity and stupidity. Nigel deserves an upgrade to a smarter and more intelligent woman. If Candace cannot rise to the challenge I hope he replaces her.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting and well done. I’m trying not to be a Neanderthal, but I struggled a bit at the end with Roger’s acceptance of some of the blame. It seems to me that they forced each other into a corner, but then the question becomes “which was wrong to do so?” Events seem to have proved the husband basically correct about the situation and, for my money, either partner in a marriage who pursues something that threatens the marriage is the primary one at fault—and I would think the same about a husband who blew off his wife’s concerns about his similar role in a play or about questionable closeness with his secretary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LOL. These BTB crowds are a bunch of stupid clowns. Despite the author's clear depiction of the MC's positions, these clowns could still come out with comments like, "cuckold" and "have the kids DNA taken". Obviously, they were expecting Cadence to get fucked by Nigel, but unfortunately, it didn't happen, and so they would have to resort to making assumption based on their frame of minds--crazy conspiracy theories. Perhaps, these BTB extremists had already been infiltrated by Qanon. LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well written but I agree with some of the comments about the author being stuck in a certain story telling mood. Wife being a slut and making the husband out to be the bad guy. I get the main story line but not all woman are that dumb. Some yes but not to that degree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wimp

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well I remember a story in which the girl is refusing to marry and her mom is trying to get her to change her mind… it goes like this..

‘ dear.. u r an ambitious girl and will be very successful in life! On the way up there will definately be times when u will be frustrated and need to blame someone for your failures..! That’s why u need a husband!…

I guess Cagiva sticks to this principle !

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cadence agreed to not do any parts with involved kissing or sex before she started acting and wanted to change the terms because she was star struck and became completely self centered. Rodger warned the town would gossip and laugh at them and he was proven correct after the first rehearsal.

Rodger definitely should have brought Diana along. While that would make the marriage worse, it might have helped Diana understand why her father was against it before she saw videos of her mother kissing and being fondled by Nigel.

Rodger should have served her with divorce papers the second time she brought Nigel to their house to pressure him into being part of the play.

It might have made her stop to think about what was really important in life before ruining it.

Turning Rodger into basically an apologetic simp with him encouraging his wife to do the very thing that started all of their problems made me lose all respect for the character.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
I thought

It was good shows how married react to pressure from outside forces. The writing was good and it was a very believable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a great story. All the angry old men can make your comments, but the writers who commented know how good this author is.

RandomcarrotRandomcarrotover 2 years ago

I can't believe you made the husband take part of the blame at the end just because the wife was feeling resentful that he was completely and utterly right about what would happen. For fucks sake, she almost wrecks the marriage and then leaves him to pick up the pieces and fix it while she mopes around the house. She has agency while infatuated with Nigel and fights Roger on starring in the play, yet when it comes to getting herself out of trouble and earning the reconciliation she's like a whiny child expecting others to clean up her mess.

She even accuses him of throwing her under the bus when she did that herself, against the wishes and will of her family, friends and most of the theater group.

The ending just paints both the husband and wife as so small and weak. Where did that strong will and passion in the wife disappear to? Those traits displayed in her in the first half of the story could have been utilized excellently in having her deal with Nigel and Harry and rebuilding the marriage. And similarly, where did Rogers goal of holding his wife accountable for her choices and actions go? He's firm before the damage is done, yet crumbles immediately after and acts like it was his choices that lead to the disastrous outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anon of "Didn't bother reading",

you are absolutely correct.

I want my time back.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

It was a decent story and well written.

The one massive plot hole that spoiled it was the fact Nigel and Harry in any reality would never have claimed that the sex would have been real or was going to be

The fact is she was married, in England that would have gone down like a lead balloon attached to an anvil.

There is no way people so heavily involved in public relations would.make such a catastrophic PR mistake.

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

I think I agree with swedishreader1. No need to say she was going to screw him on stage. Just say it could never happen because he was gay. That said, writing a story is sort of organic. Maybe you don't really know what happens until it does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dear Anon, "angry old men" don't like wimpy cucks like the husband portrayed in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm only going to comment on the "well written" claims, including by some of my favorite authors, which led me to re-read the story in case I had missed something. I don't think I have, and though you have the basis for a good story here, I don't think this was particularly well written.

The main problem is that essentially nothing happens of any significance between halfway through page 1 and halfway through page 5. It just loops, like the background of a cartoon, with the main characters repeating "I want to/am going to do it!" and "I don't want you to/I forbid you" ad nauseam. There's no forward motion for literally half the story. Then, from page 5.5 to 7.5, it's similarly just looping "OMG I made a mistake, how can we get out of it?". The only actual character development, what little there is, is shoehorned into the very end.

You've shown you can write very well. It might be worth while taking another look at this and seeing what you can do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this! Well done. I'm off now to read your other posts. One tiny thing. I get annoyed when Americans - usually Americans - write piss ant. It's actually a French word, one word, pissant. Google it; you'll get the meaning. And thank you for a great tale.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...