The Summer of '78 Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They had turned from front to back and back to front several times, and had used the gulf waters as their restroom several times, but they finally decided they had sun burned enough and needed to use the real restroom. They carried the loungers back up, washed off in the outside shower, dried themselves, used the restrooms, made themselves a drink, and sat on the deck, still in their bikinis.

Barbara Ann completed the story of her life mid-way through their second drinks, and they all hugged.

Her story had a happy 'ending', but Barbara Ann grew wistful. "I don't know if I could live without him, but I walk a fine line. I have a demon inside me that wants me to do terrible things from time to time, and I'm constantly tempted when I go out without my Prince Cae!

Even last night, I thought I had everything under control, but I can't say what would have happened if he hadn't called, because I was so tempted to just turn loose like you guys were doing.

And then, last night after y'all left and Caelan and I had phone sex, I had these unbelievably realistic dreams that got all mixed up and this morning I... well, y'all saw the aftermath. I hate to admit it, but I'm afraid I may be some kind of nymphomaniac! I blame the terrible things I did with Yves and Bridgette on the drugs, but maybe that's who I really am! I know that's sometimes the person I'm tempted to be, and it's only when I'm with my husband that I feel free and unafraid because I know he will protect me from myself!

I HAVE to keep such tight control, because I'm on my last strike with Caelan, and if I ever do something like that again, I know he'll take the kids and leave me for good! And I think my parents would go with him!

That's why I hate it when he's gone! I NEED to be around people and talk and have fun! I need it! Just like with you guys -- I've had so much fun! I need this!

But what if I mess up? What if the demon gets loose?

I think I'd just kill myself if I lost him again!"

***

Theo, Adrian, Rod, and Doug chose that moment to show up in the convertible with music blaring, wave real big, and honk the horn at them. Barbara Ann smiled weakly, brushed her tears with her towel, and went inside. Kara and Lauren looked at each other and shook their heads.

"We can't do it!" Kara said emphatically; Lauren nodded and said, "I know!"

They all gathered up on the front deck, and Theo looked at the girls, held his hands out, palms up, and asked, "What happened?"

Kara shook her head at him and answered, "Not what we planned. Thing are kind of messed up right now, and an orgy is not on the books. Let's just enjoy ourselves tonight, okay?"

Adrian frowned and looked down at them. "Bullshit! I want that sexy bitch and I'm going to have her! You'll see!"

Barbara Ann soon reappeared with a cover up over her bikini and a forced smile; she said hello to the guys and gave each a quick, distant hug. She turned to Theo and asked if they had eaten, because she, Lauren, and Kara had not, and she was hungry! He informed her that they had not eaten since breakfast because they had been fishing on the jetty all day.

She grinned and asked what he would think about Custard's Last Stand for their lunch / supper? He heartily agreed, so the girls went to change into shorts.

When they came back out, Adrian winked and handed each of them a tall glass full of something clear and citrusy. "I whipped this little concoction up for you girls. I call it 'summer punch', but some call it 'panty dropper punch', so you might want to drink it slowly!"

They agreed it was light and delicious; he informed them the pitcher he was carrying was full of it, so they wouldn't run out anytime soon.

The dynamic between Barbara Ann and Theo was different; she felt closer to him, like that first summer of 1966. Not in a sexual way, but they were able talk, tease, and even touch, without the awkwardness from before. She sat between him and Adrian at lunch, and the whole group chatted happily while they ate. No shakes; they were drinking Adrian's punch, and it went down easy!

The conversations ranged from humorous to women's fashions to current events, and she appreciated that there was minimal flirting.

They rode around a while but found no easy targets to taunt because it was already after six. When they dropped Barbara Ann off to get dressed, she told them to be back by 7:30 so they could be at the new place just down the beach when it opened.

The sign said this was a 'trial run' for their first day in business, so they were only open from 8 pm to midnight. On Saturday they were opening at eleven and closing at midnight, so she assumed that would be their regular hours. That all sounded good, but what she wanted was a bar with dancing and real rock and roll music, like the Dunes back in the late 60s! She prayed this place would be close!

Since they had no idea about the ambiance, the girls had agreed to wear sundresses, and Barbara Ann had a lot to choose from, even without going to her big closet in Corpus. After she bathed, she tried on three and decided on the blue floral with white sandals. It wasn't as modest as the green one, or as immodest as the yellow one; she was going for attractive/sexy early 30-something, but not slut, and this seemed the best fit.

Adrian had left a second pitcher of punch in the refrigerator, and she poured herself 'one more, before we start drinking beer at the new place.'

They returned at 7:15, and she saw out the window that she was way overdressed compared to Lauren and Kara. She scrambled back into the bedroom and changed to the yellow sundress. The top was held up by elastic, leaving her elegant shoulders bare and the top of her mounds displayed. The hem stopped at mid-thigh, leaving her lovely legs largely bare; it was so short it had matching panties.

Upon examining herself in the mirror, she had second thoughts and almost changed back, but her friends were already in the kitchen calling her name, so she made her debut. The men's eyes widened and then flashed lust. Lauren and Kara looked aghast, as if what she was wearing was too much..., well, too little. Or maybe they were just jealous? She looked for guidance from them, but they only passed concerned looks back and forth.

The four men, on the other hand, were effusive in their compliments; she liked that.

Adrian came bearing gifts; a tray of brownies! He was busy making a last round of punch for everyone, before they switched to beer, or whatever was available at the bar. Texas began allowing mixed drinks in 1970, but the license was expensive and many places still served beer only. The little bar looked like one of those places from the outside, but they would know soon enough.

Adrian insisted everyone eat one of his special brownies, which claimed he made because they didn't have the normal frozen custard for dessert after their meal. That was silly, but they each ate a brownie and enjoyed their delicious, but strong, punch.

Her interaction and conversation with the four handsome men flowed easily, but Kara and Lauren were more subdued than normal. They did join in when they had a second drink with a second brownie to toast tonight's adventure, before they walked the short distance to the little bar.

When they walked up the stairs and across the deck to the door, Barbara Ann heard music; she stopped, and rejoiced with a whoop and a couple of dance moves. "Listen! It's The Beach Boys singing Surf City! Oh, how wonderful!" Theo pushed the door open; she hurried inside, where it was cool and the music was loud!

They picked a large table near the bar, and a young woman immediately appeared and asked if they wanted menus. She was standing closest to Barbara Ann, who told her they had eaten and inquired about mixed drinks. She assured them they were available, and asked what they would like. 'Summer Punch' didn't ring a bell for her, but Adrian volunteered to tell the bartender how to make it, and followed her back to the bar.

After a few minutes of conversation, Adrian returned to the table with a smile. "I taught him how; our drinks will be here in a few minutes."

Barbara Ann pivoted in her seat, looking the place over carefully. The walls were weathered boards that appeared to have been there since the bar was built decades ago. The exposed, weathered ceiling beams were about 15 feet high, with big ceiling fans creating a breeze. Their job tonight was helping the air conditioning, but you could tell that, with the big sliding windows across the front and back walls open, the fans would move enough air by themselves that AC wouldn't be required on the many warm days between October and April.

There were fishing nets and surfboards higher on the walls, and posters of all her favorite 60s bands. Football action photos and pictures of top Port A attractions were posted about 8 feet high all the way around the room.

A bright watercolor painting of the old 'Dunes Danceland' was featured front and center, and there was a gigantic jukebox sitting along the wall underneath it. Jan and Dean's version of Little Deuce Coup was pouring out of the big speakers scattered around the main room, and she could hear the echo from outside when the door opened. The southern one-third of the room had no tables or chairs; it was obviously the dancing area.

Kara was sitting where she could see the look of rapture develop on Barbara Ann's face; she leaned closer and asked, "So, is this like the place you talk about, Dunes Danceland?"

Without turning back around, she answered, "Yes and no. This is more enclosed, but I get the same vibe! And the music! It's exactly what I love!"

She turned back to the table and saw they were all watching her closely; she asked, "Anyone want to go look around outside with me?"

They all sprang up to follow Barbara Ann to the back door. The speakers outside were as good as those inside, if not quite as loud. She saw two circular staircases attached to the small deck just outside the door; one led up to a large wooden deck built obscured from the front by the roofline of the building. The other curved down to an even larger concrete slab.

She proceeded up the stairs to the pulsing music and found there were tables and chairs around three sides, with the south end left open for dancing, just like the bar area.

There was no roof, but a row of old, damaged surfboards was affixed side by side above the railing on the west side, presumably as a sun break. There was a printed sign on the center surfboard that said, "Reserved for RED Stamps June 1 -- September 1." There was no explanation, and Barbara Ann resolved to ask their waitress what that meant.

She looked up at the stars, which were partially eclipsed by thin strands of clouds and diminished by the almost-full moon that was nearing its zenith. She felt a rush, and gushed, "It's so beautiful, so romantic! If only Caelan were here! He would love this place!"

Suddenly feeling dizzy, she took a step back to catch her balance, looked around at her friends, and giggled. "I must be getting a little bit drunk! I feel lightheaded!"

The four men were grinning at her, but Kara and Lauren were still gawking at the moon and stars.

"Come on, let's go look downstairs!" she said before anyone spoke, and took a wobbly step. Theo put his arm around her to steady her, and escorted her to the stairs. He went down in front of her, turned sideways to hold her hand and keep her safe on the steps.

"My hero!" she teased, when they reached the slab; he kept holding her hand, and bowed like a courtesan, "My lady." She giggled again, and he continued their act by offering her his arm; she took it, giggled, and they started walking toward the middle of the slab.

She heard another giggle behind her, and saw Kara. "I'm getting a bit drunk too! I almost missed that last step!" Doug offered her his arm, which she took with aplomb. She giggled again, pulled him closer, and pressed her tits against his arm. He giggled in return, and gave her a goofy smile.

Lauren had Adrian in front of her and Rod behind her; she was clinging to the railing with both hands and giggling with each step as they escorted her down the stairs and onto the slab. When they were all safely on the ground, Rod giggled, and it became contagious. They all stood there sniggering. "I think we're all a bit drunk!" Doug proclaimed.

Adrian joined Barbara Ann and Theo by putting his arm around the plush brunette so she was entrapped between them. With his hand on her hip and Theo's around her shoulders, they walked unsteadily around the slab. Benches with backboards were built along the entire west side; fence-like railings were along the south and the north side, where a smaller bar was located. The dance area took up the southern third of the slab, as it did upstairs and in the bar. Tables and chairs were clustered in the middle third of the slab, with walkways around them on each side.

A large sign above he bar said, "Green Stamps Only". They all thought that was hysterical, and discussed between laughing fits where they could possibly get enough Green Stamps to buy drinks!

The music began again; Barbara Ann twisted loose from her two escorts and began twisting to Chubby Checker. They joined her, and so did the other four. Somehow, twisting was also hysterically funny, and before long, it degenerated into dirty twisting, with the women's butt's right in front of the men's crotches as they twisted together.

Twist and Shout followed, and Adrian took things up a notch when he pulled Barbara Ann's butt tightly against his hard on and ground against her writhing butt as they did the twist. She grinned and giggled more, but did nothing to discourage him.

Rod and Doug noticed, and did the same with Lauren and Kara. Theo danced in front of each girl, before moving in front of Barbara Ann and twisting with his hard willie right in front of her. She giggled but didn't look away.

The song ended, they all stood there giggling in the same positions for a moment, and Rod, who had been feeding the jukebox earlier, said, "Wait for the next song -- it's a good one!"

They all giggled at that, and then Percy Sledge began singing When a Man Loves a Woman. Lauren turned and fell into Rod's arms; Kara did the same with Doug. Barbara Ann stood there for a moment, before Adrian pulled her back against him, and Theo pressed his body against her from the front.

Adrian's hands were still on her hips, so Theo pulled her head against his chest and wrapped his arms around her bare shoulders. She could feel his hard cock rubbing against her belly, and Adrian's grinding on her butt. Her breath caught for a second, and then she melted into the embraces.

Adrian worked her short dress up until his hands were on her bare hips, just above her yellow panties. Theo's hands were caressing the bare skin of her back, and Barbara Ann was getting excruciatingly turned on! Being sandwiched between the two big, muscular men had her little pussy gushing, and her mind drifted to one of her favorite fantasies: a threesome!

She was dizzy and horny, and it made her unhappy when the slow, sexy song ended. She stayed there and let herself enjoy the smell and feel of the very masculine men rubbing her against their hard bodies and harder cocks. The longer she stayed there the hotter she got, and the better it felt.

Theo and Adrian then made a mistake. Had they stayed there and rocked her between them a few moments longer, she might have succumbed.

But they got impatient. Adrian signaled to Theo, who bent down to kiss her sensitive neck and shoulder. As his hips moved away, Adrian slid his hand from her hip across and then down her taut stomach. He pressed her mons with the heel of his palm, and then slipped his fingers under her bikini panties.

Theo brought his hands from her back under her arms and onto her braless tits. He cupped them and her nipples felt like bullets against his palm. The horny little slut of Barbara Ann's fantasies was taking control of her fuzzy mind and sensitive body, and the pleasure wrought by their roving hands caused her to moan loudly.

That wanton moan sent a fright message to her brain, which triggered her conscience, which insisted she cease and desist immediately! She had a momentary internal conflict, as the inner slut fought the good girl for control... and lost.

Barbara Ann pushed Theo back and twisted out of Adrian's grasp, which pulled his hand out of her panties. "That's enough -- let's go inside!" she puffed breathlessly, and fled toward the door to the bar.

The big man watching from the doorway turned and went into his office. Her seducers sighed, cussed, and followed her inside.

***

Even in a Learjet traveling 500 miles per hour, it's a long ways from Caracas to Houston, and the 2300 mile trip seemed interminable to someone who desperately wanted to deliver the signed documents to the lawyer waiting in Houston, so he could immediately fly the company Cessna back to his family in Corpus Christi. All the promised accolades, the big raise, and the promotion could wait; after the stress of the last six months and the duress of the last three weeks, he just wanted to get home!

The Cessna was humming along, having just passed Victoria, when the Airfone buzzed. The pilot picked it up, but turned and signaled for Caelan to take it. He was confused: no one but his boss knew he was back in the US, and he had promised to leave him alone until Monday!

He didn't want to talk to anyone about anything that would mess up his return home, so his hello was tentative.

"Bossman, where are you at right now?" asked Darrell, the manager of his new bar in Port Aransas.

"In a plane that's about 20 minutes from Corpus; why?"

He heard a sigh of relief. "Oh, great! If you can divert to Port Aransas, I think it would be to your advantage."

"Darrell, I'm tired, and all I want to do is get with my wife and kids. I know today is the soft opening, but can't it wait?"

"Your wife is here, Sir, and I think you should be too."

Caelan heard the tone of his friend's voice more clearly than the words. "Roy, please take us to Port Aransas instead."

"A driver will be waiting, Bossman."

***

Darrell walked out of the office just after the miscreants were reseated around their big table. The crowd had grown; there were only two small tables inside still unoccupied and another large group was entering. He spoke to the off-duty deputy serving as security tonight, and then greeted the big group as they stood just inside looking for seating. He invited them to try their outside venue, and assured them they would get excellent service from Dora, who was standing beside him.

She allowed the group to look around, answered their questions, and then led them outside.

Since Dora had been waiting on Barbara Ann's group, and because he wanted to make his presence known, Darrell walked over to their table.

"Good evening, Mrs. Kelly. Dora is taking orders outside; what can I get for you and your friends?"

Barbara Ann turned and gave him the dazed look of someone drunk or high on something, stared for a moment, and then it hit her. "Darrell? Is that you?"

He smiled, and she jumped up and hugged him. "Oh my god! It's been so long! It's so good to see you! How are you doing?"

Without returning her hug he answered, "I'm doing very well, Mrs. Kelly. It has been a long time, and it is good to see you, too. I'm back in Port A, and I'm the manager here. Tonight is our first night to be open, so please let us know if you have any problems or suggestions. Now, how may I be of service to you and your friends?"

She turned him lose and looked up at him. Her eyes were bright, but glazed. "Darrell! Why are you being so formal? You've known me since 1966 -- you've always called me Barbara Ann!"