The Summer of '78 Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I have, Mrs. Kelly, but in 1966 you were a single woman, and a bit wild if I remember. Now you are a married lady, so I'll address you by your husband's name."

She looked puzzled at his coolness; she sat back down and replied with a slight frown, "I was certainly young and single, but I don't remember being that wild, Darrell."

"Of course, Mrs. Kelly. I was remembering the fights the man who is now your husband had at the time with a couple of your ardent suitors, but I apologize. I'm sure those days are behind you, now that you are married."

"Hey, Darrell! Don't you remember me? Theo Drakos?"

"Yes, Theo, I do remember you. If I remember correctly, you were there when Mr. Kelly fought Mrs. Kelly's boyfriend from SMU. You left Port Aransas soon thereafter, if I remember correctly."

Theo's countenance dimmed, but Barbara Ann jumped right in. Her tongue was thick and her words slurred, but she forged ahead.

"Theo and I are friends again! He found me on the beach a few days ago, near where we first met during the summer of '66. These are his friends, who are now my friends." She pointed at and named them one by one: Lauren, Kara, Adrian, Doug, and Rodney. No, that's not right -- Rod! His name is Rod!"

"It's nice to meet all of you, and I thank you for coming. What kind of drinks would you like?"

They gave them their order, with Adrian crowing that he had to teach the bartender how to make the 'summer punch' they were drinking. "Yes, that drink goes by many names; summer punch is the least offensive. I'm sure Randy knows it by another name, but thanks for helping."

He turned and walked to the bar, where Randy already had their drinks on a tray. He leaned forward and told Darrell, "The dark haired guy is an arrogant asshole, boss. Acted like he's some kind of superstar bartender and had to tell me how to make a panty dropper, which he called summer punch."

Darrell took the drinks back to the table, where Theo and Adrian were in ardent conversation with Barbara Ann. They were sitting as close as their chairs could get, leaned toward her, speaking near her ears, and looking down at the boobs barely contained by the elastic of the dress. Adrian had his hand casually but possessively lying on her thigh, and Theo was holding her hand.

The other two girls were kissing the other two guys, and the group of them looked like they could hardly wait to get to a bed... Barbara Ann included.

"Here is your drink, Mrs. Kelly," Darrell said, while inserting his leg into the small space remaining between her and Adrian, forcing them apart. Adrian gave him a dirty look, but Darrell passed the drink right in front of his face and set it by Barbara Ann's hand. He did the same with Adrian's drink, and then did the same thing to Theo.

He moved to the other side of the table and set two drinks in front of each set. "Folks, this is a bar, not a motel, but I can refer you to one."

They broke apart, but seemed more confused by his statement than embarrassed. He turned back to Theo.

"You were there when Caelan cleaned the clock on the rich SMU kid; were you there when he did it even worse to the budding movie star who tried to assault his girlfriend?"

Theo turned to look at Darrell, who was standing at the end of the table. "No, I wasn't," he slurred, "but I heard about it. Was it really that bad?"

"As you know, Caelan's an 'Old Testament' kind of guy. He believes in all those old values, like the Ten Commandments, chivalry, trustworthiness... and the sanctity of marriage vows! He absolutely hates predators, so when someone he knew well tried to seduce and then rape his girlfriend, who is now his wife -- well, let's just say it got really ugly, like the wanna-be movie star is now!

Are you and Caelan in good standing, Theo? Seems like I heard there were some problems between you two, along those same lines."

Theo was so messed up he wasn't following the conversation well, but he knew there was a warning somewhere among all those words. He sat up and tried to think.

Adrian, on the other hand, was full speed ahead. He was back in Barbara Ann's ear, touching her bare shoulder and bare thigh, and feeding her a line of crap. She was giggling and lightly pushing him, but not stopping his advances. Darrell cut him a look; he ignored it, went to the jukebox, and pushed in a quarter.

He came back all cocky, "Speaking of 'Old Testament', doesn't it say to Dance-Dance-Dance?"

Everyone looked at him stupidly, and then the Beach Boys tore into Dance Dance Dance. Adrian pulled Barbara Ann to her feet and hustled her to the dance floor.

After six hours of school I've had enough for the day

I hit the radio dial and turn it up all the way

I gotta dance (dance dance dance now the beat's really hot) right on the spot

(Dance dance dance right there on the spot)

The beat's really hot

(Dance dance dance now the beat's really hot)

Dance (dance) dance (dance) dance (dance) yeah

Barbara Ann might be drunk, stoned, or high on something worse, but she could still dance with the best of 'em, and she proved it on a crowded dance floor. She was in the midst of the crowd when Land of a Thousand Dances started, and they demanded she stay, which she joyfully did!

Adrian had lost her to the crowd, but he knew the third song he had played was a lovers' song. When Wilson Pickett issued his final plea to Oh, help me!, Adrian swept in and took her in his arms. Mouth by her ear, he sang Wouldn't it Be Nice with the Beach Boys.

You know it's gonna make it that much better

When we can say goodnight and stay together

She didn't exactly melt into his arms, but she was a lot closer than the distance of which her husband would approve, and the hand on her ass raised the hem of the short skirt dangerously high in back. They were only a few feet from their table, but no one except Theo was aware; Lauren and Kara were fully occupied with Rod and Doug.

Darrell had been focused on the dance floor, and he had seen enough. He started toward the couple as they continued to sway long after the Beach Boys stopped singing, and he could see Adrian was still singing in her ear. When he got close he saw that Barbara Ann looked like she was asleep, or very close to it. She was slumping and her partner was holding her up, which resulted in her dress riding so high it exposed the bottom of her yellow panties.

Darrell reached for Adrian's shoulder, but a big strong hand landed on his first, and he heard, "I've got this." He turned and looked into the cold clear green eyes of the man he had called; he nodded and whispered, "They drank or took something stronger than what we served them. He and your buddy Theo seemed intent on screwing your wife tonight; the others are into each other."

Standing between Adrian and Theo, he announced in a loud but conversational voice, "You boys missed the window."

Theo looked up from his chair; he saw the big man standing between him and the dancers and studied him. He looked familiar but... "OH SHIT!" he exclaimed, "It's Caelan!" He was so excited and concerned he tried to push his chair back and turned it over! He clattered to the ground and cussed in pain; everyone looked at him.

Barbara Ann broke away from Adrian and staggered around the big man to Theo. "She leaned over, hands on knees, and asked drunkenly "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

Kara looked away from Theo and Barbara Ann at the powerful frame of the man standing in front of Adrian, and Theo's words sunk in. She turned to Lauren, who was also staring at him, and a little too loudly, stated, "I thought you said he'd be home next week!"

Lauren looked at him, and then at Kara, "That's what he said on the phone..."

A very confused Adrian started toward the table, but the strang er blocked his way. "Did you hear what I told you?" Adrian looked confused. "You and Theo missed her window. She is a lot of fun after one drink, and that only gets better until drink four. By the time she finishes drink six she's about to pass out, or puke and then pass out. Looks like she's on six or better.

You were obviously trying to fuck her, so you should have taken her somewhere after drink four. Too late now, unless you like them better when they are passed out. Are you one of those?"

This was all going into his addled brain faster than he could process, but he heard the challenge in the tone and looked more carefully at the broad-shouldered man in front of him. "Who the fuck are you to be telling me about my girlfriend! I don't need no advice to fuck girls -- I fuck all the girls I want!"

The big man smiled, but it wasn't a warm smile. "Is your success record always based on getting them drunk and drugging them?"

"Fuck you, Man!" Adrian yelled, and drew back to throw a punch. The big man just kept smiling.

"NO ADRIAN! That's her husband!" Theo yelled from the floor.

Barbara Ann pivoted, wobbled, and tried to focus her eyes on the two men faced up to fight.

Adrian heard Theo, but his brain didn't register in time; he threw the punch. Caelan easily knocked it aside with his left arm, stepped inside, and threw an uppercut into Adrian's belly. The air left his lungs with a whoosh; he folded over, and collapsed on the floor.

Barbara Ann grabbed the big man by the arm and tried to pull him around. "Why did you hurt my friend?" she asked belligerently.

He turned and looked down into her face; she squealed "Oh," covered her mouth with her hand, and keeled over backward. The big man sprang forward, caught her by the arms, and kept her from hitting her head on the floor.

He shook his head with a frown, picked her up effortlessly, and laid her across his arms with her head against his chest.

***

The morning sun was burning her face and intruding through her eyelids. It woke her to an excruciating headache, rancid stomach, and the taste of dirty boots in her mouth. She tried to sit up in the bed, but couldn't, so she rolled to her right. She saw the mussed up sheets and pillow, and knew that someone had slept in the bed with her! The possibility that she had soiled her husband's bed and her wedding vows in a drunken haze caused her stomach to roll; she staggered to the toilet and puked... and puked... and puked some more.

When she had no more to puke, she pulled herself up, drew a glass of water - plop-plop fizz-fizz - and waited for the bubbling to stop. When she chugged the Alka Seltzer she noticed in the mirror that she was naked. She closed her eyes, said a prayer, and climbed into the shower. It was cold at first, but it barely registered against the pain and fear racking her body and soul.

She washed her hair, then her face and upper body. She was afraid to touch her pussy for fear she would find cum there, so she washed her legs and butt next. She tentatively touched her little heinie hole and was relieved that it felt normal; neither painful nor slimy.

Emboldened, she moved her soapy hands to her vagina. Eureka! No crust, no cum! Her pussy felt normal, if exceptionally responsive to her touch! Oh, Thank You, God!

She hadn't taken a sledgehammer to her marriage!

But what did she do? She couldn't remember much after they got to the new bar, but flickers of remembrance played across her mind. The new bar was super cool. The music was wonderful. The upper deck was so nice and cool, and you could see the stars! Then there was a lower deck, and she remembered dancing... wait, she was dancing between Theo and Adrian and they were touching her ass and tits. She broke away and went inside, but then things got much dimmer and more fragmented.

She decided she would call her new friends and ask them what happened... but she didn't know their number, did she? If not, she would have to wait until they came by today to ask them what happened last night and who slept in the bed with her. That was her obsession now -- whoever it was didn't fuck her, it seemed, but Caelan would not be pleased that she spent the night with a man in her bed... or a woman either... if they did sexual things!

Oh, help -- she was so screwed when he returned next week! She never could lie to him successfully, and he was going to be so pissed at her when she told him!

She dressed in a pretty tropical romper, just to make herself feel better, and went to the bedroom door. She heard voices! Oh Shit! No workmen were scheduled -- was it whoever spent the night here? This could be bad, very bad, because it was a man's voice!

She worked up her courage and pushed the door open slowly, but stayed out of sight.

"Come on out and join us, Princess. We were just discussing you. Would you like some coffee?"

That voice! It called her Princess!

She flung the door open and ran into the room. He was sitting in an armchair facing the couch. She ran to him, straddled his lap, and alternated kissing him with repeating "YOU'RE BACK! Oh god you're back! I love you! Oh God thank you! I'm so glad you're back! I love you"

He let her excitement play out a bit without the kiss and hug they normally shared upon his return. His restraint was beginning to worry her, but she was so happy to be on his lap again she just continued kissing him and snuggling.

Finally, he took her by the shoulders, held her a small distance from him, and said firmly, "Princess, we need to talk. There are a number of important things we need to talk about, but I think you know that."

His words and the coolness of his voice were like a dagger in her heart, and the question screamed in her head again: "What did I do last night?"

She looked at him with fear and trepidation, and tried to express honesty in her response, "Honey, is it about last night? Because I barely remember what happened after we looked around the cute little bar."

"Your friends and I have been talking about last night, and also about your other adventures together this week. They have a story they want to tell you, and then we can talk about what I saw, and what Darrell saw, last night."

Barbara Ann was confused; what friends had he been talking to? She slowly turned herself around to face the couch and saw Lauren and Kara sitting side by side. She smiled tentatively, but remained on the armchair, now sitting in Caelan's lap facing the girls.

"This isn't going to be fun, Barbara Ann," a grim-faced Lauren told her, "but you need to hear the whole story before you decide to hate us."

Kara began, "We were roommates with one of Adrian's girlfriends when she lived in San Antonio. Cassandra was crazy about him, and we thought he was cute and charming, but then she started using drugs when she was with him. When it began affecting her job and her willingness to keep the apartment clean, we talked to her, and then to him. She denied it, and he swore he wasn't providing drugs to her, but admitted he knew she was using. We tried to have an intervention with her, but she just got mad, stormed out, and came back stoned out of her gourd just before daybreak.

Her parents came on a surprise visit that weekend. We were sitting in the living room talking, waiting for Cassie to come home from work. She showed up three hours late and stoned out of her mind. After an awful confrontation, her parents took her home to west Texas and put her in a rehab facility. She wrote us a letter of apology, but never returned to San Antonio.

Anyway, we told some friends we were spending our vacation in my aunt's condo in Port Aransas. They told Adrian, and he and the other three showed up almost as soon as we got here Monday. They were happy and fun loving, and we don't use drugs, so our concerns about Adrian being a supplier weren't a problem.

On Tuesday, they told us they had encountered a beautiful woman Theo used to go with, but they had become estranged after her husband came into the picture. They wanted us to help them get past her defenses and rescue her."

Kara looked at Lauren, who continued. "Theo told us she was married to an abuser, and that she was terrified of him. He said the abused wife tried to pretend everything was okay because she had kids and didn't want him to take his anger out on them.

Theo said the wife was going crazy living in such a desperate and dangerous situation, and that she had let him know that she needed friends, love, and affection, but was afraid! She was afraid to let herself even enjoy life because of her fear!

You, or course, were that abused wife, Barbara Ann, and Caelan was the abuser.

We drank a bunch that night and hatched a plan, of sorts, that would have ended with you leaving your cheating, abusive husband, and then living with the six of us. Looking back, the guys meant living an all-out orgy, but it sounded plausible when we were drunk-planning your rescue.

The next morning Kara and I talked. We didn't understand their fascination with you, but were willing to help them save you from abuse. We just thought their fascination was because you were a pretty woman in need - until we saw you up close! After that, we were totally on board with the plan!

You somehow generate extraordinary sex appeal and the desire to hug and protect you at the same time, and we wanted to do both!

We noticed right away that you were more relaxed with us, and more skeptical and standoffish with the men, so we ad-libbed the plan to get you in the back seat between us. You were -- and we told your husband this -- absolutely the most responsive man or woman we'd ever been with, and by the time Caelan called and cut our night short, we were as in lust with you as the men."

Kara resumed. "After we left, we talked among ourselves and modified the plan. Friday we would get inside your defenses with booze, sun, nudity, and conversation, enjoy your amazing little body all afternoon, and share you with the men that night.

Things were moving right along, and when we started applying the suntan lotion I thought we had you... until you had the giggling fit!

You spent the afternoon telling us the whole story of the summers of love you and Caelan shared, the huge mistakes you made, how he left you, and how you raped him in his sleep and got pregnant. When you described what he said and did after he learned about your pregnancy, described your marriage on the beach, and told us how well he takes care of you and the kids... we knew we had been sold a bill of goods!

Your husband was obviously anything but an abuser, and the only reason you were lacking in love and affection was because you had been apart so long.

That changed everything, so we revised our part of the plan without even speaking. You remember that entire afternoon we only talked; we didn't make a single move on you -- well, other than the suntan lotion we spread on one another, which set off your remembrances! We also agreed among ourselves to protect you from Theo and Adrian, who were the two who wanted you so badly."

"Unfortunately," Lauren intervened, "we didn't know Adrian was going to put whatever he put in the brownies or drinks. That zonked us as well as you, but it also zonked Theo, Rod, and Doug. Looking back through the haze, Adrian seemed to be the only one still alert enough to take advantage of the opportunity with you.

Honey, do you even remember Caelan suddenly appearing at the bar?"

Barbara Ann looked back over her shoulder at him, looked confused, and shook her head.

"No, I didn't think you would, but he did appear, while you were rubbing bodies with Adrian.

Theo tipped his chair over when he saw Caelan, and you went over to check on him. Your husband confronted Adrian, who took a swing at him. It was kind of a classic two-blow fight: Caelan hit him and he hit the floor.

You were so messed up that you staggered over there, grabbed this big man by the arm, and fussed at him for hurting your friend. He looked down at you, and you fainted, so we thought you finally recognized him.