The Sunshine Project Pt. 09

Story Info
A Sapphic sci-fi romance Novel.
9.6k words
4.64
1.9k
1
1

Part 9 of the 15 part series

Updated 11/30/2023
Created 10/22/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 25

Beck

It's been silent all morning. I checked on Allie a few times, trying to hide my utter distaste for how she shooed me away Saturday afternoon. I get that she felt sick, but I could have taken care of her. I feel irritated with her that she didn't truly appreciate how I helped her out of that predicament. For a moment, I thought about talking to the police, but I don't think I can do that to my Allie bug. Besides, we still have a long future ahead of us. My only goal is to get her away from that toxic bitch of a best friend and help her see I'm the one she wants.

"Hey," she says, coming to stand by the end of my desk. Her fingers--freshly manicured... That's strange, Allie bug. I could have sworn they were chewed up--dance across some paperwork.

I look up at her and smile tightly. She's wearing that flouncy black skirt that is a tiny bit too short to be professional, but I'll never say a word because it showcases her amazing legs. And her hair--always in pigtails--is down. That's not normal. She looks nice today, and it makes me want to kiss her again, the way I did in her bedroom when sparks hotter than a volcano flew. She was so fucking wet for me, and then she got sick. Shame really.

I'd have done anything you wanted, Allie, and I'm willing to give you a second chance. I just have to figure out how to handle Jess.

"Hey."

"I thought we could have lunch?" When she cocks her head, I notice her face looks thinner, probably from a week of being so small and stressed. It looks like she lost some weight in the hips and thighs too.

"Uh," I mutter, standing. I grab my purse and hang the strap on my shoulder. "I have plans today. I'm sorry." I have an urge to kiss her goodbye as I step past her, but we're at work. I have to keep this professional. "Maybe we can hang out later?" I doubt she says yes. She and Jess are attached at the hip it seems.

"Sure, yeah..." She sounds disappointed, which is exactly where I want her. If she's hanging on a thread it's to my advantage. I don't mean to upset her, but the meeting I have set with my friend Kirk is an important one, and she doesn't even know how important. He's the one who will help me get Allie untangled from Jess and make sure Jess stays away for good. Then I can have my way with her. Hell, maybe she'll even move to Dayton and be closer to me, save all that gas money on the commute.

"Sorry. I really want to hang out with you more. I just have this thing."

"It's okay. We'll catch up. You go." She steps back and lets me move past, and I wink at her.

"Good girl. How about you bring us some lattes from Coffee Hub or Poppets." I head to the elevators with my head a few inches higher. Knowing she wants me gets my juices flowing. Playing hard to get makes it better. I can't just let her think I'm easy. I am, but she doesn't need to know that. This is all part of the fun.

I head out to the small diner on Third--Abner's. It has the feel of an old Waffle House that got remodeled, and honestly it creeps me out, but it's where Kirk wants to eat. I'll humor him this once because I really need his advice. The parking lot is full; at least four cars wait in the drive-up line. I don't see what's so amazing about this place, especially given the neighborhood. The bright blue house behind it seems to be falling down. Who would think this is good place to eat?

I park and climb out of my car. Kirk's truck is parked a few spots down. He's probably waiting for me. A quick glance at the time on my phone shows me I'm right on time, though, so I walk in with confidence and see him seated along the windows at a tiny table. He waves me over, and I make my way to him, careful not to touch anything or anyone.

"Hey, Becky," he says, chewing a bite of food. I hate when people call me Becky. My given name is Rebecca, and it sounds more like an Amish mother than the trendy business professional I try to embody.

"It's Beck." Kirk and I go way back. He knows I hate that, so he's probably just giving me a hard time. I sit across from him and glance at his lunch--some sort of breakfast platter he's been working on a while. Looks like he got here before they stopped serving eggs just to enjoy a large meal before I arrived.

"Yeah, I know." He grins, and I feel my face tighten, but I breathe deeply and set my purse on the table. "What can I do for you?"

Kirk's a police officer, though today he's off duty. His wife generously let me borrow him for this little meeting. I told him I needed advice about something bizarre and that it may also be illegal. Otherwise she would never have let him come. Why? Because Kirk and I have a sordid past. We were high-school fuck buddies, and when he met his now-wife she made him kick me to the curb. I totally got it; who wants to start a relationship with someone who is fucking someone else casually? He did what she wanted, and to this day doesn't know that I was the stripper at his bachelor party. Fucked him that night too.

"So, remember I told you that something very strange happened?" I glance around to see if other people may be listening. It's a small place, not more than ten tables, and they're all full but one. Even the spots at the counter are filled. If people wanted a place to eavesdrop for juicy gossip, this would be it.

"Yeah, like how bizarre? Are we talking alligators in the St. Mary's River? Or is it more like UFO sighting?" He chuckles, but he has no clue what I'm about to tell him is real and even more fantastic than those things. I don't even know where to begin, because there is a chance he doesn't even believe me and I sound insane to him.

"Okay, so..." I glance around again and lean in. "For the sake of this conversation, and so people don't listen to me, I'm going to send you a text with the thing in it, and I'll call it 'the incident' while we're talking."

He laughs and shakes his head. "Okay?" He wipes his mouth clean on his napkin and pulls out his phone. I do the same, sending him a short text with the words, "shrink ray" and "tiny girl."

I can't give him Allie's name or even what city it happened in because if it is illegal, he's bound by law to investigate or some shit. I can't have this blowing back on me, and Allie is mine now, so I have to protect her.

"What?" he asks, laughing. "You're joking right?"

I offer him the most serious expression I can. "Not even a little. I wish I was. I showed up at my friend's house and this is what I saw." I fold my fingers in front of myself and stare him down. He has to realize how stupid this sounds to everyone in the room, and that I'd never make a fool of myself like this if I wasn't one hundred percent serious.

"Beck, that's stupid. That's not even possible."

"I'm telling you it is, and I saw it with my own eyes. Some sort of former government tech that this bitch inherited in her grandfather's estate. And my friend is in danger. I want to turn the girl in and save my friend, but I'm worried people will think I'm insane. I swear to God, I saw it with my own eyes, Kirk."

He studies me for a second, pushing his plate away, then drops the napkin and silverware on top of what's left of the food and stares at me with a creased forehead.

"You're really serious?"

"Dead." I purse my lips and try to remain calm. He's a rational guy. He's a cop. That's why I asked him for help. I know he won't steer me wrong. How the hell would I make this up?

"So this 'incident' happened to someone you know personally?" He leans forward assuming the same crossed-fingers posture as me.

"Yes. I work with her. We're dating." I don't know how else to make him believe me.

"You saw with your own eyes the 'incident?' And what did it look like?" The crease between his eyebrows deepens. I think he's taking me seriously now.

"Uh well, it's hard to describe." I glance around. No one is staring, but I can't take any chances. "I'll just say it was very crazy. I passed out. They took me to this other girl's house until I came to. We fought a little. I figured out how to reverse what happened to her by using the thing on her again, and she's normal now--back to work even."

His eyes search me again. He nods. "You know, I did hear of some freaky shit in the seventies where the Wright Patt Air Force Base scientists were trying to develop some crazy tech called a gay bomb. It's not entirely inconceivable that they were experimenting with this shit." He whistles through his teeth and then nods again. "I'm telling you, if you talk to the wrong person about this, you'll end up locked up in the looney bin."

"I know. I just don't know what to do. My friend's in danger." I reach out and touch his hand, and he doesn't flinch. In fact, he holds my hand, the way he used to. It feels nice to be heard and not be called crazy about this, though his fingers are calloused now, not like they used to be.

"Okay, well you don't want to go turning anyone in unless you have hard evidence. Like, if you have the weapon in your possession, or if you get pictures of the incident. Otherwise, you'll come across as crazy, and no one will take you seriously. Like the boy who cried wolf. You'll be ignored." His thumb brushes over my fingers.

"You don't think I'm crazy, do you?" I bite my lip and watch him relax back into his seat.

"We have too much history for me to think you're crazy. Just get the proof before you say anything. I don't want to have to visit you in Haven." He chuckles again, and I glance down at his plate.

"You done eating?" I pull out my wallet as he responds in the affirmative, and I drop a twenty on the table. "Thanks for listening. And thank you for your advice." I put my purse strap on my shoulder and stand, pulling my hand away from his. "Maybe you'll be around in case I have other questions?"

Kirk stands and dusts his hands on the front of his jeans. "Yeah... I'll walk you out."

I nod and turn, heading for the door. I figured as much when I thought about turning Jess in. I need that proof. Just telling them she has a shrink ray won't be good enough. That means I have to go back to her house and face her, which means I need to play nice.

We walk across the parking lot to my car, and Kirk follows. I stop and lean against the trunk, and he stands a little too close. "You know, I miss you."

I smile at him. "You're married."

"So? I was engaged the last time we fucked." His eyes scan the length of my body and stop on my lips. "And your ass is hotter than ever."

"Squats," I say, winking. "Besides, I haven't been riding the stick much lately." Kirk knows I go both ways because we had a threesome--also before he met his wife--and I was the instigator. I'd consider a threesome with him again, but I'm not sure Allie is the type. She seems very into tacos.

"You sure? I seem to remember you begging me to fuck you a few nights well into my marriage..." His hand rests on my hip, but I don't feel the same familiar tingle of excitement. I roll my eyes at him.

"Thank you for the advice and company, Kirk. I'm seeing someone now." How could I ever be unfaithful to you, Allie Bug? I will defend our union forever.

"Alright, suit yourself. Let me know if you have any more questions." Kirk pinches my chin gently then walks away, and I climb into my car.

As I drive back across town the only thought in my head is how to get back into Jess's house and get the proof I need. After how I freaked out and went off on her, she'll likely never talk to me again, unless I use Allie against her. That may work. I can convince Jess that I was only protecting Allie and apologize. If I can sell it right, it'll open a door for me to get the evidence I need.

I'm coming for you, Jess.

When I'm back at work, I wait in the parking lot. I don't see Allie's Jeep, which means she isn't back from getting the coffee I asked for. I teeter between catching her in the parking lot and riding up in the elevator with her, or waiting at my desk. The idea of having her alone in the elevator is exciting though, so I head in and stand in the lobby. She rocks up blaring her music as loud as her Jeep speakers will go, and I roll my eyes.

Going to have to break that habit, Bug. You're going to go deaf if you keep doing that.

Allie climbs out of her Jeep carrying two drinks and heads toward the door. Her satchel is slung over her chest as always, the black boots she wears are clunky. One of these days I'll get her to dress more grown-up, but for now I enjoy her spunk.

"Oh, hey, Beck. I got your latte." She holds it out to me, and I push the elevator button thankful no one is around.

"Thank you." I pry the lid off and smell it, then replace it. "Soy? Hmm." I look up at her, and she frowns.

"Want mine? I didn't realize you didn't like soy." She offers hers, and I shake my head and toss the latte cup in the trash can next to the elevator.

"Don't bother. It's okay." I shudder at the thought that she drinks almond milk or something more detestable. Soy, Allie? Really? "I had a big lunch."

The elevator doors open, and I step in. Allie stares at the trash can for a minute then joins me in the carriage. The doors slide shut, and the car starts to ascend, and I pull the emergency stop button and turn to her. She smirks at me and snickers.

"What are you doing?"

"Well, I like to keep things professional at work, and what I'm about to do to you is very unprofessional, so I just thought we should have a moment of privacy." I step closer to her and she backs against the wall.

"Uh... Beck?" she says, but there is a mixture of desire and hesitancy in her tone.

I lean forward and kiss her, and as I do, my fingers work to scrunch her skirt higher on her thigh until the material is wadded above my wrist and my fingers are searching for her panty line.

"I'm sorry that things went the way they did Saturday. I really want a chance to make it up to you." I squeeze my finger into the elastic on her thigh and run it down until I'm almost touching her pussy.

"Beck..." she hisses, giggling. "Stop." She pushes my hand down and away from her panties, and I pull away grinning.

"Hmm, well maybe Friday night?" I kiss her again softly, and she shrugs.

"Jess and I have plans."

Just hearing the name Jess makes my blood go cold, but I keep a perfectly happy expression on my face. I am an excellent poker player. "I'd love to join. Maybe we could do dinner. I could apologize to her for my rude behavior. I feel bad for accusing her like that. I know she only meant the best for you."

"Really?" Allie's eyes fill with tears. "She would love that. She's had such a hard few weeks. Maybe we could do dinner at my house over again. A do over?"

"No," I blurt. Then I take a deep breath. "No. I mean, if we do it at Jess's house and she's uncomfortable, I can just leave. Then she'll be in the privacy of her own home and comfort, no long drive home after being upset." I shrug. "Who knows, maybe we'll hit it off and the three of us can be friends for real."

Allie smiles and pushes the emergency stop button back in, and the elevator resumes its climb to our floor. "I like that idea. Let me talk to her about it, and I'll let you know tomorrow. Maybe we can have lunch tomorrow then?"

"Only if you promise to wear that cherry lip balm you're wearing right now so I can suck it off your lips." I wink at her, and she blushes and bites her lip.

Yep, I have you exactly where I want you, Bug. I'm going to take you home and keep you. Hell, maybe I'll steal that shrink ray and make you my little pet. Then you never have to work a day in your life.

Chapter 26

Jess

"Yes, I understand, sir. I'm just saying I think it's not fair and that I should be able to have a second opinion." I sit with my phone pressed to my ear talking to this damn lawyer Dean and Glenda have sicked on me. He's a real piece of work, blabbering on about property limits and the survey line. I have no clue what he's talking about, but without money to hire my own lawyer or pay Dean's damn invoice, I don't know what to do. All I can do is be polite and wish this wasn't happening.

"You know I will just have the bank place a lien on the property, and you will make them payments. If you cannot make the payments, we'll pursue foreclosure."

"What's that mean?" I bite the inside of my cheek and watch Cora squirming in the damn Barbie clothes she insisted would fit her. They're too tight, but not as bad as they were on Allie. The jumpsuit rides up her crack and seems to crush her tits. It's comical watching her dig the material out of her crotch.

"It means you will lose the barn and the property. They will be forfeited to the bank and put to auction, and whoever can pay the lien will be granted the deed." He sighs. "Now, I have other calls to make. I will be in touch later this week to follow up."

The man hangs up on me, and I feel like throwing my phone. I don't. I can't afford to buy a new one right now. I set it on the end table and scowl at Cora. For forty-eight hours she's been nothing but a bitch. Picky about what she wears, where she sleeps, what I feed her. If I was her mother I'd give her a hard smack on the ass, but I'm the reason she's tiny like this, so I feel obligated to care for her. I've extended my bereavement time to this week too, but I'm out after that. I can't keep this dragging on forever.

"This is so uncomfortable. I need real clothes." She digs at a wedgie again and glowers at me. "And can't we get something to eat besides pizza? The carbs are going straight to my hips."

"Do you always act so entitled?" I curl my legs up on the floral sofa and grab the blanket off the back of the couch to cover myself. It's chilly today, just a week or so until Labor Day. I'm not ready for colder weather and higher heating bills, and given my situation if I don't come up with money, I'm going to have to start housing a horse here too. So that'll be fun.

"Do you always shrink people and keep them hostage?" Cora stands and walks closer to me, lifting the corner of the blanket and snuggling under it. "You're not even any good at this."

"What do you mean?" Of course I'm not good at this. I've never taken any one hostage before. I don't even watch crime shows.

"You haven't even checked in with my parents or anything. You should at least text them to let them know I'm safe at college." Her attitude sucks. The tone of voice she uses is always harsh and angry. How could anyone put up with that. I heard she was dating Danny Hayes. He's such a nice guy. Why would he tolerate her treating him like that? Unless only I get to see this ugly side because she just hates me.

"That's a good idea." I think of where her phone may be, probably in her car. "Thanks."

The room is silent for a moment. I'm waiting for Allie to come over. Last night she stayed home, leaving me to deal with Cora all alone. Cora and I came to an understanding that she wouldn't bite me when she realized I was the one who had to give her K-cups and toilet paper just to shit. Since then we've had a truce. I won't be mean to her, and she'll try to be polite.

"How long are you keeping me tiny? I mean, Glenda and Dean said you were sadistic, but I never believed them." She shivers and pulls the blanket around herself more tightly. It's easy for me to bundle up. I can just throw on sweats and a hoodie, but she has nothing. Not even a jacket to wear.

"I never intended this to happen, Cora. I don't like it any more than you do. We just have a situation now, and I can't go to prison." Guilt is a constant cloud over my head. I know she's suffering, and while I fully believe she deserves it, I can't help but feel her pain. "And I'm not a horrible person." I squirm, thinking of the real reason Dean and Glenda hate me. Glenda's brother is in prison because I stood up for myself. I don't even know if Cora knows what he did to me.