All Comments on 'The Tale of Frank Vandenberg'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 177 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fucking stupid!

Just like the writer

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story

There but for the deaf ears it will fall upon.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
minus 5 stars

A really really bad downer, man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ughhh!!!

It's throw-up time!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Please be careful with the names.

Only two women in the story, and you mix their names up at the end? Proofread, my friend!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Dazed and confused

I'm dazed and I think the author is confused - this story is fragmented beyond belief. Not much of a beginning, a confusing middle and a stupid end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
NO IQ TESTS FOR AUTHORS??

How the FUCK could you have gotten the mother and daughter's names mixed up at the end? .... Smart move... not letting us vote.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Hey, anonies

Remember that time you mixed up a couple of names in your stories? Oh, that's right. You don't write stories. You don't contribute a thing to this site except bitching and moaning about the stories that others write for you -- for free.

FYI, I resubmitted an edited version of this story with the corrected names the day after this was published. The admins have been sitting on it for eight days and counting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Some People Should

Stick to what they can do best, and writing isn't what you do best. My opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Meh

Meh...ONE *

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
swingerjoe

to be truthful your story is stupid your comments are dumb and you make no sensr so do this site a favor and shut up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What The Hell Do You Call This?

What an incomplete piece of shit that story was!! When you went to school didn't you learn that a story has a beginning ..a middle ...and ending! Yours has no middle... And besides flesh out the characters will you...You lead us on with how things supposedly happened and then Luanne comes in at the end and everything changes. Learn how to write or stop. Your story gave me indigestion!!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago
No ratings

A depressing waste of time, I don't know why the author turned of ratings, probably to sucker people into giving this story a chance.

If there had been ratings I expect it would have been low enough for me to be warned away.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years agoAuthor
Dear Ib_Says

You must be new here.

LOL.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 7 years ago
just your typical weak minded shit

I don't get it, why get married if your going to run away when shit hits the fan. I mean your wife is getting fucked and she justifies it by saying in her mind the marriage was over. Why not end it for real before you cheat? Just another cheater trying to justify the BS of it all.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years agoAuthor
LOL @ Huedogg

Yet another one who commented on this story without reading it. This may be my favorite story now just because of the comments it generated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It's not about the overt subject, it's about deeply closeted gay men hiding their homosexuality even from themselves, by hiding their concentration on the cocks of the story behind a convenient beard.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Come On Now

We're all waiting...

Concritic123Concritic123over 7 years ago
A bittersweet story....

A good story.....no winners, no losers. Just life at its worst.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
After the hue and cry, I re-read the cause of the hubbub

It was an interesting experience.

It seems to me that Joe started with an idea that continued his on-going battle with formulaic Loving Wives stories. He then added the twist of giving some characters names that were recognisably similar to a few other authors who have written stories that conform to the formula.

Unless I am misreading the situation, the idea for the story came first and making the reference to the other authors was secondary -- a not-so-subtle dig. It was not the primary purpose of the story.

In response, Vandemonium and Blackrandi have now launched a broadside. Where I thought Joe started with the story and added the names as a joke, it seems to me that Van and Randi started with the felt need to retaliate and wrote stories to suit.

I thought Joe's story was clever. If it had used neutral names for its characters, and if Joe had enabled scoring, it may have scored quite highly.

I didn't think either of the other two stories was clever. I doubt they would have scored highly if they had used neutral names. I thought it was sad that two accomplished authors did what they did.

Lue

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years agoAuthor
Ding-ding-ding!

Luedon, you win the prize of the day! Congratulations for being one of the few (only?) people on the planet who actually understood this story! Not only did you get it, but you nailed the creative thought process behind it as well.

I don't blame Randi or Vandy for taking offense that I used their names (or similar-sounding names) in this story, and I think it's adorable how they teamed up yesterday. I just wish they had executed it better. Show a little imagination. Tickle our funny bone instead of whacking it with a hammer. And if you're going to satirize something, your satirical character should have some resemblance to the object of your ridicule. I mean...the "loser in mom's basement?" So lame. If you're gonna tarnish your reputation as a writer, at least put some effort into it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
re: Ding-ding-ding!

it takes a whore to understand a cuck... normal people won't even try.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
yeahhh LUESUCKMYDONG is da hoooo

in da house of crapy twat and share da fat meat cigar with JOEDAFAGG

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
BULLSHIT!!

As has been mentioned before, you don't just fall in love. It takes a concerted effort, looking to find time for one another, seeking common ground. It's actually a choice that has to be made and this bitch made hers. She violated her commitment to the institute of marriage. She had a problem with her husband, she should have divorced him and cleared the decks before moving on to number 2.

And by the way, what happened to the marriage of the dickhead?

SigintSigintabout 7 years ago
Anonymous 1/29/17

The marriage of the dickhead never took place. Remember when Walt said Frank had a way of making up stories? Dickhead was just a story. Frank is a metaphor for a good number of the writers here in LW. The fact that you couldn't grasp that is just PERFECT. Perhaps the most fitting end to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So in actuality

Frank was an abusive, insecure, asshole who got really depressed after his dad died and Luanne tried her best but fell in love with another guy (she couldn't help it) but absolutely never acted upon it until the divorce. Also, the fact that she fell in love with another man while married and then went on to be with that man had nothing to do with the divorce, obviously. The kid who liked Bitter Frank is miserable and alone and the kid who defends the mother is happy with his wife and kids. C'mon man.

Luanne good, Frank bad. This is about as cartoonish as any tale you've ever lobbed that criticism at Joe and consequently it's your worst story. Any claim that you had some sort of message to deliver with this one is bogus.

I do really like your swinging/open marriage stories and the emotions and particulars involved in those lifestyles.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
Too strange a tale in my opinion.

Couldn't wrap my head around this one, so I read other reviews. Didn't help. Very queer (using that word old school way) story line. Can't suggest or not suggest fellow fans of "Loving Wives" read it. I can't rate it bad or good because it's just different. Story line is easy to follow and perhaps I will re-read it later, but... mmmmm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Disjointed

In your story there was no indication that this character was delusional so you could say anything and to your discredit you did! Through most of the story after he found her cheating Walt kept him from killing the cheaters. Then you switch at the end that he lost his mind. Still his two daughters are fucked up by what their mother did to their family by falling in love while still married. Imagine if things were so bad nobody knew but the cheating wife. You need to rewrite this mess of mixed up stories together they don't match!

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21over 6 years ago
Why complete part of a story

Not normal to twist and make your main character a dilutions old man. You also had the poor taste to take away any dignity he had. He was only partially correct about the children the daughter did hate the mom. Hell you really could have wrenched the tail around by having the daughter Love her mother.

Your half effort gets a 2 and a overall 1.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
YUKIE POO ( I SAY THAT TO MY BABY DAUGHTER-SHE GIGGLES )

Terrible story! Please don't insult old men for that matter us men any age! ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
the beaten cuckold craves revenge

while the avenging angel seeks retribution

SirThopas

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
the beaten cuckold craves revenge while the avenging angel seeks reconciliation

FTFY

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21about 6 years ago
Second time through

Nothing has changed and my previous comments remain the same this time. Your story was not rewritten so the rating remains low as well.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Joe

Joe, I picked this story because Luanne mentioned it in Bebop's story comments. I made a mistake. I usually like your stories, but this was a slap at my people. I am firmly in the BTB, no cheating without consequences group. I do like reconciliation with sufficient penance. But it's a big no, never, to cucking, swinging, and unpunished cheating. It wasn't hard to see your intent here. Color me offended. The comment wars here were great, as usual. You hurt me, but I'll be back.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 5 years ago
Huh?

This was a horrible story, The husband caught her cheating, But in the end she never cheated while she was married to him. Yet she left him and her children to marry her new love? Was this the ramblings of a demented man? It doesn't paint a pretty picture of the mom either, No mother would abandon her children to a demented man just to marry her new love. Just like a suicide it just leaves more questions than answers. Nothing in the title applies to this story. Horrible!! Makes me question your own thought process. If you had turned something like this in an English Literature class You would have been sent back to Elementary to re-learn the whole thing. All your stories I've read so far are so horribly written to where they don't make any sense, I guess you just don't have the knack to write a story that will grab your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hopefully the old putrid cunt gets cancer and die in pains. Fucking cunt

🤮💩

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
mixed

Good writing - kinda (no spelling or basic grammar mistakes). Lousy message.

looking4itlooking4itabout 5 years ago

I’m glad she could stay true until she had her exit strategy lined up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Jane should have spat in Luanne face and frog hopped her out the door of the funeral home never allowing Luanne next to the casket... Serves her right !!!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Different.

"You've finally found peace."

Coming from his ex-wife, that sounds like witch's cackle as she cursing someone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why?

Why do you have great stories with shitty endings?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
three sides to every story.

yours, theirs, and the truth. good read, thought provocking, LOVE slap hapy papy #9

Anonymous91Anonymous91about 3 years ago

wat a shitty story ending. No Stars

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

so there was no btb

no cheating

no revenge

So why use those tags?

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

The revenge was in his head. He didn't burn the bitch and its possible she didn't even cheat. The Tale was of a sad man who we don't even know if was a victim of a crap wife or his own failures, a depressing read about a depressing person with a equally depressing death. I understand trying something different from the usual revenge/btb stories but that was thoroughly unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

zerozerozero. the most pathetic miserable piece of drivel I ever read....

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 2 years ago

From some of the comments, I'd say you were casting pearls before swine. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Worth coming online and trawling some crap just to find this gem. Nicely done. TC Ireland.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

What was this? Everything in this story cancels everything. Waste of time.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

At this point, I don't know whose story is true. I have to believe Dad's story since Mom deserted her children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To fall in love with another person when you are married, does not just happen, one allows it to happen. Regardless of who is right or wrong, she is the one that committed adultery and thus it is her fault. Further to this, never trust a cheater they rose tint it to their way. Thus I favour his version. It also seems she traded up.

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

At first reading a very unique storyline. But if the reader does some analysis there are some unanswered issues.

If Frank was so abusive and drunk all the time, why didn’t Luanne get a restraining order against him to protect herself and the children rather than become romantically involved with Joe? Perhaps she could have gotten help for her husband as a condition of reconciliation.

The wording indicates that both Joe and Luanne got divorces meaning two marriages were destroyed by their affair not one. Further allowing yourself to become emotionally involved with a man outside of your marriage is still cheating.

Finally Luanne left her children for another man knowing her ex was emotionally disturbed and potentially violent. Nice mother!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If anything when Frank became a drunk, it was because he discovered Luann cheating. A man can prepare himself for a lot of things, but he is never really for a cheating life pardner. What I don't understand is why the business failed when Grandpa died. Frank should have been ready to take over, or obviously not.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well the usual shitty story ending with shifting the blame from the cheater.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazierover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ 2nd time through on this one. I think this is one of the saddest endings on this entire site. But, with this reading, several things become obvious.

Luanne is a lying, cheating slut. Her cheating caused Frank's drinking. She abandoned her children to a man she claimed was abusive and dangerous. A lie. She didn't give a damn about hubby nor the kids. Etc., etc., etc...

The saddest part is that he had no revenge at all. They lived in an apartment, she burned off. So, she paid no child support, no spousal maintenance, nothing.

The kids weren't even smart enough to ban her from the funeral. Her "paying respects" is the last indignity.

( ... and I guess Joe didn't stick around ... )

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5☆ for the comments below. The story was well written, but left me cold. So 2☆ for the story.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

A typical Swingerjoe story. Just plain awful.

Scores 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Even if what she said was true about him becoming a bad husband and a bad father, 3 things still remain: (1) she claims she kept her vows but for better or worse only applies when she feels like it, (2) she abandoned her children with an abusive parent and (3) she is still an adulterer. Delusions, delusions, delusions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not what i expected. The ending was unexpected. Very different type of story. Gave it a 5.Very seldom do i give a 5. Unusual. I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Once again, the woman has no agency or accountability!

Schlouis57Schlouis5712 months ago

Heu, c'est quoi comme histoire ?

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit11 months ago

Not at all quite MY cup of tea! Very disappointed"

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She also seems to have a creative side. When a marriage fails why is it one spouse feels entitled to run. Leave the kids? She left and he didn’t.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster19 months ago

Not a fan of this pne.

pummel187pummel1879 months ago

Hahaha. Nice try 🐖

usaretusaret9 months ago

The unexpected end did it for me. Good tale.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good but somewhat anticlimactic.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

???

No rating

mariverzmariverz7 months ago

entonces dejo a sus hijos con un alcoholico peligroso?

es eso?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a whire!!! Left her children under the care of a drunken and violent man. Who buys that bullshit?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

AH, the implication being what will happen to a man who doesn't "work it out" with his wife.

So then, here is another: it is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She left her children high and dry with a brken man. Who does that except for a whore with no feelings! Why did you have the son left behind supporting her???

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Moral of the story is not to read anything written by cucks

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Okay:

The writing (composition) is very well done, would meet or exceed expectations by Writers' Workshop instructors--so well done on that.

The plotline is ingenious and puts a spin on the cheating wife--revenging husband trope that actually has a "final conclusion" to the story. The problem for many readers is that they do not agree with that conclusion with regard to how things worked out for the ex-wife. I can't say that I agree with the ending either--but I can at least imagine that "some version" of that scenario might have possibly existed.

Regardless, you wrote an interesting "complete" story that has generated considerable discussion. Congratulations.

Please keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Certainly reasonably up to a point. Weird though, that the underage kids would wind up with the apparently broke, alcoholic, and abusive father instead of the apparently totally normal mother who had left her husband for justified reasons for a non-scumbag lover.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
1330 Followers
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...