All Comments on 'The Tattooed Woman Pt. 06'

by Gortmundy

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
WatugiveswatugetWatugiveswatugetover 1 year ago

Brilliantly done - love your story evolution and the build of your characters - excellent craftsmanship. I’m sure some will be displeased with the lack of sex but I have found the whole story riveting with enough mystery to keep it interesting (although have to admit - bit confused why they bothered entering the nunnery when everything was looking ruined. Wouldn’t you just have walked away?)

Hope it keeps going and we get to see how the whole thing pans out. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Okay, so the story is mightily picking up pace here. First the Tattooed Woman's tale of her lover. Then the battle. In between more shenanigans with Ash and Nyx which always give new insights on these two leading characters as well as the dark elven society - not just in this chapter, btw. I really love how you use small interactions to paint a more colorful picture on the background of characters and races. These orcs are cool too. Tough and proud bunch.

Reg. the Tattooes Woman... Considering the cues you've dropped so far I think the follwing: She has to do with the Morrigan's War. Maybe she is Morrigan? And her lover is/was Typhonos (mentioned in pt. 5)? Is she a dragon or a dragon spawn? Or some kind god or at least a half-god? Cuz in the contect of Morrigan's War it's also mentioned that the gods disappeared. And the Tattooed Woman acts like a relic of the past. But how the heck did she show up half-burnt next to the road Ash's crew was trudging along? Who dropped her off there? Or was she sent there thru the times? Questions over questions with some weak leads. I like it.

Finally, the battle. Wow! Well written. Fast-paced, dramating, exciting, with very interesting outcomes: Will Elsadore survive by the hands of that sorcerer? How are Tallis and Lily faring? What's the story behind the Tattooed Woman? And how fucked up is Nyx? (P.S.: Did I mention how much I adore Ash and Nyx? Great, great characters.)

GortmundyGortmundyover 1 year agoAuthor

Anon,

I am delighted you are enjoying the story, and I love getting feedback (especially positive feedback - hey, I'm only human). Your guesses regarding the Tattooed Woman are very close to the mark. I'm using my wife as a sort of sounding board and her guesses (I haven't told her anything other than what's written to keep her opinion honest I suppose) were similar to yours. They are not spot on, but definitely close. Hope you enjoy the rest of the story as it unfolds. Keep sending feedback, I enjoy it, but on a more serious note, it's damned useful as well.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"T'is" is incorrect. An apostrophe is used to replace the letter or letters in a contraction which are not pronounced. So "it is" becomes "'tis". The space between the words goes away but is not replaced by an apostrophe. "We will" becomes "we'll" and so forth.

GortmundyGortmundy12 months agoAuthor

'Tis true.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story! But, not sure about people killing other people who are trying to rescue them? If they didn't need rescuing, shouldn't they be trying to interpose between the rescuers and trying to make everyone stop? I'd think that killing someone for trying to help you would be a bucket-load of guilt to carry...

GortmundyGortmundy11 months agoAuthor

Ah, but who's rescuing who and who's helping who?

Kae_BrightKae_Bright8 months ago

I really like how you portray the Dark Elves as a bunch of hardened soldiers with soft hearts. they have this rugged honor about them which makes them come across as really sympathetic, even as slavers. The other series I've been reading here so far, came much faster to the point in terms of sex scenes, so I was a bit surprised that there wasn't much of that so far. I'm guessing you're going for a slow build-up, and the road back to the Elven Homelands while being pursued by enemies isn't the right setting for this either. Regardless, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm really enjoying the read and curious for the turns of events to come.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca7 months ago

Jesus, this just keeps getting better and better.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill696 months ago

One of the best tales here !

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Totally hitting the spot. Thanks! Way getting so bored of Literotica fantasy with some good ideas, lacking good writing and strong character development. Brings him back to my dungeons & dragons days as well.. cheers

Richard1940Richard19405 months ago

This just keeps on getting better and better. Unfortunately I gave you 5* on the first chapter so I can't increase the score. Bugger it!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I’m hooked…and excited there is still much more to go.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGortmundy@Gortmundy
The Tattooed Woman - 16 March: Chapter 1 of Tattooed Woman edited (again), rewritten and now on site. Changes in this version are based on constructive criticism I received. So, lets see what you think. Part 42 being written, in the offing and coming soon. Dramatis Perso...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES