The Trade: Elswyth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was sweating and panting and almost passed out when she thought she heard a whisper.

She froze, but heard it again, she was sure of it!

"El?"

Awkwardly, she managed to get up and fly out of her home, the heavy glass inside of her making it harder to fly with the odd, new and heavy weight.

It was dark out but she was still able to pick out Bray's face.

"Bray!" she cried as his mouth opened in shock as he looked through the grate at her. She reached through and grabbed his face, pulling him close to kiss him. He was stiff and shocked at first, but he quickly lost his reticence as he kissed her back. He pulled away after a moment, pulling her gripping hands away.

"You have changed," he said gently, looking confused.

"I have," she panted. "Lay over the bars! Undo your pants and let me suck your cock! Please! I need to!"

"Elswyth?" he cried in a whisper, his features stunned. "What have they done to you? This isn't you?"

"Please? Please, Bray, I need your beautiful cock! I need to show you how much I adore you and I want to swallow you and kiss you and choke with your cock in my throat!"

He let out a ragged breath. "I hate myself right now," he laughed shakily. "Elswyth, this is not you! What have they done to you? Is it magic? Some sort of potion? I need a way to counter it."

"It will go away if I touch my trees, but I don't want to!" she wailed. "Feel me and how badly I need you!" she begged, grabbing his hand and pressing against the grate so she could pull his fingers to rub against her wet pussy.

"Oh gods!" he groaned, his fingers sliding over her mound. He toyed with her clit, making her let out a wanton sigh, then slid a finger down and started to press in. "What... what is that?" he asked, the glass balls stopping him. "What have they done to you? El!" He grabbed her hand and pulled her around to the edge where where tree was and forced her hand to it even as she tried to fight it.

Elswyth wailed and if Bray had not been holding her wrist, she would have fallen from the sky. She screamed, the pain of the glass inside of her too much for her to bear with all of the magical pleasure now gone.

"Bray!" a male voice hissed from the darkness. "What is... El!" Wren cried out, falling to the ground next to Bray to reach through the grate and pull her up closer. "El! What is wrong with her?"

"They did something to her and... she has something inside of her."

"Inside of her? We need to make her vomit! I saw some..."

"No... no, inside of her... down there. It's hurting her now that their magic has been negated."

"El," Wren whispered, reaching with both hands to pull her up close to him as he lay half on the grate.

"Wren," she panted, clenching her teeth through the pain. She shook her head. This was not the way she wanted to see him again!

"I will hold her," Wren told Bray. "Find a way to remove these bars!"

"Easier to clear away the stone he had them embedded in for me," Bray answered, letting Elswyth go to move to the edge. He started scooping away the hard stone like it was clay, tossing it aside.

"Tell me what to do?" Wren asked Elswyth worriedly as she writhed in his arms.

"They are too big to get out from here," Bray told him quickly. "Hold her until I make a hole she can fit through, then we will work on it after."

"Too... how do you know?"

"We'll talk after! Did you take out that patrol?"

"Yes, it was still just the one."

"She is so gods damned lucky that San wasn't picked up!"

"Why is Flora working for Death?"

"We'll figure it out later. For now we get her out of here and... ok, bring her closer, see if she can... hold on, a little more. I don't want to cut her on those exposed ends. Ok, now! Turn her a bit, don't let her wings catch!"

Elswyth let out another wail as soon as she was clear of the cage and hugged Wren as tightly as he was hugging her. Bray wrapped her in his own cloak and put a hand on her shoulder.

"El... can you fly, or... I... we can try to take those out?"

Elswyth let out a humiliated sob. "I cannot fly like this, it hurts too much! I... please... the one in the back is the worst?"

Wren hugged her closer in one arm, the other sliding under the cloak and up her inner thigh until he felt that flat stopper on the rod that was in her ass. El whimpered and she could feel his anger coming off of him in waves.

"He did this to you?" he demanded. "I will kill him!"

"He is already dead, haven't you heard?" Bray asked softly, lifting the cloak and pressing Wren's shoulder back so that he was laying back with Elswyth on top of him. "Someone else did this to her. El... I have proven I can be a gentleman, yes?"

"Yes?"

"I need you to open your legs a bit, put them to either side of Wren. Let him hold you while I... remove this."

Elswyth did as she was told, burying her face in Wren's neck as he held her and kissed her head over and over again. "I have you! My sweet little El, I have you. I won't let them hurt you again," he whispered comfortingly. Elswyth let out a screaming sob as Bray got to the widest part of the rod. "Who did this?" Wren asked angrily.

"Damon! The king! I... gods please, it hurts! He wants me as his queen and..." she broke down into relieved sobs as Bray tossed the rod aside. He immediately began feeling for the balls inside of her sore and abused pussy.

"I will need a way to grip these and pull them out," he said, shaking his head as he tried to scoop at one with a single finger.

"Rotate them," a voice called from the darkness and Elswyth froze in terror.

Damon.

Lights flared to life and Damon stood there with Levi, two other soldiers and several Flora guards with bows.

"Rotate them and one is forced out. Then it is easier to retrieve the other," Damon smirked. "Pet? Come to me," he called.

Elswyth tried to pull away from Wren and go to him, but Wren made a shocked noise of denial and clutched her closer. Bray eased closer and pushed the branch of the tree so that it was touching Elswyths bare back.

She immediately felt more calm and MUCH less inclined to go to Damon.

"Pet?" he called.

"Girl," Levi snapped, making Elswyth flinch.

"Pet, if you come willingly, I will not kill these men for trying to steal what is mine."

"She is mine!" Levi shouted.

"Crocus," Damon snapped.

Elswyth didn't know what happened, but she knew that it shocked Wren. She opened herself to her tree and looked.

Levi was on the ground, a knife in his neck and four arrows in his back.

"Pet, I am losing my patience. If you think I will hesitate to kill your Flora princeling, you..."

Rage poured through her white hot. He would NOT hurt Wren OR Bray!

A hot mist settled over her, quickly cooling and she could see stunned expressions all around as pieces of Damon fell from several different trees, blood still raining down in a mist over everyone.

"Did... did you SEE that?" Bray half choked.

Wren looked around at the trees warily. "I didn't see a gods damned thing," he stated.

The archers hersitated, but as one they all exploded. This time the trees never touched them, they were just there one moment, and the next they were in pieces so small a mouse would starve.

Elswyth grinned and half sat up. "Ranger!" she yelled, even before he strode up militantly into the light. Only one person she knew could destroy things that way.

He stopped, along with a small army, in front of the two Death soldiers left, but looked over at her and smiled. "Hello, my Elly. I see you found your friend. Why don't you two take her out of here while I clean the rest of this up?"

"Wait!" Wren called. "Can you do that on a smaller scale and without the force? Just crumble something gently?"

"No," Bray said quickly. "It's glass, it will shred her from the inside."

"What is needed?" Ranger asked, moving closer. Bray stood and leaned close to Ranger, whispering. Ranger's face went dark and his nostrils flared, but he nodded. "I can take care of this," he said softly as he leaned down and put a hand on Elswyths hip. She looked over her shoulder, ashamed and terrified, but he gave her a gentle smile. "You know I will never hurt you, right Elly?" he asked.

She nodded, then hid her face again.

The pressure inside of her began becoming less. It became less and less, smaller and smaller until the pressure was gone completely. She didn't know what he was doing, but he was very focused as he seemed to stare through her with his lips parted.

Peeking at him, she found that she half wished she could leave with him and not Wren. She had come to realize that her crush on Wren was only that and she did not know him well enough to know more, but she knew one thing. His tree was unhappy. His tree. His home. It was to get away from people he did not like, not to be closer to nature or his friend.

No.

Wren was not for her, as much as she had fantasized of him and tried to shape him into what she wished... he wasn't a gentle person, or loving. He had it in him to be, but it was not his nature. He was angry and a bit spoiled, wanting what he wanted and not taking no for an answer.

Yet, Ranger could not be for her either, as much as he might also wish it. She had paired him with Branwen herself.

No. She would just go home. She would not settle for Wren because she could not have Ranger.

Erebus came out from the shadows, making her blink. "We have Death in hand. The Keepers are holding the queen, but we have not found their king."

"It is likely you won't," Bray said faintly. "We will speak of it later, we found Elswyth. He is getting her travel ready, then we can all meet at the crossroads for the trial."

"Is she harmed?"

"She will be fine," Wren called quickly, his arms tightening around her.

A few moments later, Elswyth knew it was all gone. Ranger patted her hip gently and she pulled away from Wren to turn and hug Ranger. "Thank you!" she sobbed.

He hugged her back, his hands hardly holding her. "Of course, Elly, always. Do you feel up to testifying in front of the Keepers?"

"Yes!" she spat angrily. "I... need my clothes? Can I go down and get my clothes?"

"Of course," Wren said quickly. "Bray, can you work on the hole a bit more so..."

Ranger cut him off by laughing, then reaching over and touching the metal grate. There was a slight vibration, then the bars turned to dust and floated down into the cavern.

Elswyth had to hand off the cloak, she couldn't wear it and fly and she saw Ranger's stunned reaction for only a second before she dove down to her tree to find clothes.

She touched her tree before she left, stroking the wall gently. 'Thank you," she whispered. 'For helping me and doing what you did. I will come back and see you often... May I take a bough to meld, my friend? Thank you," she whispered.

She flew back up with what looked like a long staff and she supposed Alleen meant for it to appear that way. Perhaps he meant her to be able to use it if she needed it. She landed and Wren immediately stepped to her to hug her again, but she flitted back.

"I am sure you understand if I do not wish to be touched for a while," she said quickly, blushing and unable to look at him or anyone else.

"Of course, Princess," Erebus said quickly, watching the shadows around them. "We must away. Death comes."

Wren looked pained, but he mounted his dire-raven and most of the others mounted horses. Bray mounted a mountain wolf. Elswyth flew, following the horses and staying between them.

"You look tired," Bray called, gliding in close to her. "Hachema has a sister, I can summon her for you to ride? Or you can ride with me?"

"I am tired," she sighed. "But I do not wish to be touched... I would rather fly."

"Elly," Ranger called. "The trial may last some time. I can get a horse from one of the soldiers and..." he went quiet as she went to him, putting a hand on his shoulder as she moved to settle onto the horse's back behind him. She held onto him, hugging him from behind as she closed her eyes. He patted her hands, then held onto them like he were afraid she might fall asleep. She did jerk awake when he twisted in his saddle to pull her around in front of him to hold her in his arms. She dozed back off immediately and did not wake until light was brightening the sky in the west.

"How much further?" she asked with a yawn.

Ranger moved like he was prepared to let her sit up, but she stayed curled up where she was, holding onto his tunic.

"Two hours? Less if we pick up the pace, but the horses have carried us all night."

Wren swooped down to coast alongside them. "If you wish it, El, I can take you ahead to the crossroads," he told her.

"Thank you, but I will ride here for now. I have no wish to sit and answer questions alone while I wait for everyone else. Thank you though..."

Wren gave her a nod, looking confused. "Of course. Still... you can ride with me? For a bit? We won't go on ahead, we will stay with the rest."

"Perhaps soon, I wished to speak to Ranger about home and what the plan was now when we got to the Crossroads."

"Of course," Wren said mildly, but she could see the frustration and anger in his features as well as the confusion. He soared back to the skies and Elswyth turned back to lay against Ranger.

"Are you well, Elly?" Ranger asked sadly. "I have never seen you so... vulnerable."

"I will be fine," she answered, unable to keep the lump from her throat.

"I admit... Elly, you are giving me hope. Tell me I am a fool so it will leave me in peace."

"There is no hope anywhere," she answered sadly.

"It does seem to be so, doesn't it. Wen left me. We were going to have a child, then she lost it. Right after, I got news of you and I began calling arms. I sent emissaries out to the others to gather men to go after you... she told me if I left to rescue you instead of leaving it to the Keepers and Fire like I was supposed to, she would annul our bond and go home. I told her to go... I know what you are thinking, but it's not the only reason! She was unhappy, Elly, always, no matter how I tried to cheer her. She had no care for me and she wanted to go home. It was the excuse she wanted and I let her take it. She knew I loved another and I could never stop loving another. I knew she never wanted me to begin with, she was sent because her mother did not like the girl she wanted to marry. It was no way for either of us to live, and... the old ways are leaving us, Elly. The Keepers know it as well. We have talked among ourselves, the leaders among us, and have decided to do away with the Trade forever. Things are not what they used to be, the way we all came together to save you... to stop Death in their plans. Did you know that they used to be healers too, but they cleaned that from the records over the years and began refusing healing and perpetuating other things instead? Their king... I am sure you have some clue as to what he was building down there, but it wasn't until people began talking and realizing that they were getting supplies from everyone and not just one group. Every single element thought they alone were supplying Death with foodstuffs and other needs, but they were opening dozens of portals in different places, getting things from all of us. Growing their army down there, making themselves more and more powerful, all quietly. There are more of them than there are the rest of us combined, Elly. Fire said that if they had been caught unawares of the threat within our own lands, it would have been devastation. The Keepers have managed to shut down their portals for now and they are all locked in their hive until the Keepers find out what is happening."

Elswyth was listening, but only with half an ear. Wen had left. Ranger was not married anymore.

Ranger continued to talk to her until they arrived.

Bela was already there, in the huge hall, under guard and she screamed in a rage when she saw Elswyth. Elswyth only stared at her numbly.

Bela gave her testimony, flinging insults and accusations until Elswyth stood and waved everyone to silence. "Is there a way to negate magic done to her? Her mind has been manipulated a lot over the past few months, it needs to be undone."

"I will do it!" Dabria yelled, jumping up. "I will heal her and clear her mind! I should have done it as soon as... as soon as they killed Azazel," she sobbed.

Elswyth sat down hard, stunned. He had been killed? He had not killed himself?

Hands on her shoulders meant to comfort her, but she shrugged off the unfamiliar and possessive hands quickly, glancing back in irritation. Wren looked abashed.

"El?"

"I am fine..." she whispered. "I do not wish comforting just now," she told him, looking away. She paused then. "The day I spoke to you through your raven? I was trying to tell you I was happy. Azazel had made me a home in the cavern with the trees and a house within it. He was trying and he was making me happy. He was trying so hard and he wasn't mean to me or angry like it had seemed he would be at first. Things started out very rocky, but we were happy for a short while. Before it was snatched from us."

"I see," he answered, wilting. "El? Should I go home? I am starting to feel as though I am not wanted here?"

"I am sorry, Wren... but yes. I had time to grow while I was there, to think beyond my imagination and what I wanted to see... Also, you are hurting your tree. The one you live in. It does not like having to bear the weight of it's dead brothers and sisters... or how callously you treat it. Stop carving on it and cutting on it and hammering into it... please?"

He looked upset, and then abashed. His look turned to a petulant scowl as he looked down. "Are you certain, El? May... I call on you in a month or so?"

"I will be calling on you soon," she told him, turning to look down as she scooted down the bench to sit closer to Ranger. "I will be announcing my real wedding soon and inviting everyone," she said more loudly, pulling Ranger's arm close so she could slip her hand in his. His hand spasmed around hers as he sat up, a beautiful smile spreading over his face.

"Silence!" a keeper called from across the room.

Elswyth noted that Bela was standing and looking confused as Dabria stood watching her carefully. She turned away from them, caring a bit less about the trial now.

Damon was gone.

Whatever plans they had no longer mattered, the Keepers and Fire would try them and mete out justice.

She turned and peeked up at Ranger and he was smiling from ear to ear, his eyes shining. "Tell me that this isn't just to make him leave over," he whispered.

"I would never do that," she whispered back.

"Elly!" he cried in a whisper, his hand clutching around hers as he put his other arm around her and pulled her close, kissing her temple. "I am going to make you the happiest woman who ever lived!"

He made good on that promise.

It took more than three years before she was ready, but they married and he did everything at her pace, never pushing, never questioning. She swore he had the patience of a saint and it seemed he did.

The night they were finally married, he laid her in their bed up in her tree. The tree he had watched her sitting in so many times that she had melded a bough from all of her friends in and grew a huge home in the trunk of it. He lay next to her then showed her what true, loving bliss was as he worshipped her and showed her how to do the same for him.

So many things were like she had dreamed, like him bringing her lunch most days and sitting with her on the heights. He was always affectionate, always kind and always gentle.

Some days she would look at him and not understand why she had not seen it sooner.

She could still see some of what she used to see, like how she had assumed him a prig... but he was not as fastidious as she originally thought. He was, however, very careful and very precise and she now knew why. He took what he did very seriously and more than anything, he made sure that nothing he did would ever harm another soul.