The Trade: Elswyth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It made her adore him just a little more.

Wren had married Branwen less than a week after he had arrived home, making both of their parents happy. He had pulled his house off the tree and went back to live with the birds in the nests of the Direravens. Branwen lived with her lover near them and no one bothered either of them.

He did not come to her wedding, but Branwen told them he was more animal than man now and it was because he disliked people, not because he wasn't happy for her.

Ranger was all she had dreamed and more and she often found herself wishing she had known him before the Trade. Before everything that happened.

He was always there to quiet her nightmares and hold her and talk her through everything. He understood why she mourned for Azazel and let her, never getting jealous or angry. He even helped her meld another bough of Alleen's into their home in Azazel's honor since he had given him so much of his life and strength.

Often, she would remember how she had treated Ranger and feel like she did not deserve him, but Ranger would only laugh and kiss her until she stopped 'thinking silly thoughts', then kiss her again until she forgot. Then he would make her forget everything for hours.

Those were her favorite times. The way he could turn her into melted wax in his hands and make her blissfully happy that she was alive in this time here with him.