The Ultimate Sacrifice Pt. 02

Story Info
Bob meets the Olympians and questions are answered.
10.7k words
4.78
5.4k
8

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/16/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Homer21stC
Homer21stC
137 Followers

First, I want to thank everyone for the kind comments and voting. For those who want to see where this goes, I'll try not to disappoint. Sorry it's taken a bit to give you part two. I can't promise part three will be any quicker. I've incorporated multiple themes into the story; Ancient Greek and Sumerian mythology, life after death, reincarnation, power, redemption, good versus evil, love, honor and respect. I've sincerely tried to write it from the perspective of an average yet extraordinary human and how he would react if he found out the ancient myths weren't so mythical. Oh yea and keep it entertaining.

There is a love story brewing. Although sex is not a central theme, it is after all part of life.

Enjoy Part 02 of The Ultimate Sacrifice.

Chapter six -- Apollo and Aristaeus

Hank, Jill, Bron, Thret and I watched as the craft appeared through the ceiling separating the operations center from the lake. The ship slowly descended and settled just above the landing bay surface. It was an elongated ship, similar to the "banana UFOs" that have been periodically reported in the press. This one was pure gold, no windows, no doors, no rockets or thrusters. Just a beautiful gold elongated ship that also didn't have any visible landing gear. It just hovered over the floor. Once it came to a stop, we entered the landing bay. The front of the ship opened up and a ramp extended from the craft to the floor.

I was getting more nervous by the second. The future, in all honesty, was scaring the hell out of me. I had absolutely no idea what to expect or what would happen to me. What's the worst thing that could happen? Whoever is on that ship finds me a great disappointment and summarily kills me? Dead...Oh well...been there...done that...own the fucking t-shirt. So then why was I so nervous and scared? I guess it was fear of the unknown. How often does a human get to meet face to face with a god?

Two humanoids walked down the ramp. They were both extremely tall, taller than Hank's six foot seven. The tallest one had to be approaching eight feet tall. The other one was shorter but not by much. Both wore elegant white robes and sandals, just like in Ancient Greece. The taller one had long blond curly hair and a chiseled face. Regal would be the best way to describe it. His body was perfectly proportioned to his size. Not as bulky as Hank, but pure muscle. He walked down the ramp with total and complete confidence. I was tempted to bow, but no one else did, so I just stood there.

The shorter being (I can't believe I just described him as shorter) had short straight light brown hair. He wasn't fat, but he wasn't as muscular as the taller one. Best way to describe him was a little above average. He walked just behind the tall one. I got the sense he was there as support.

They stopped just in front of our welcoming party. Bron spoke first, "illustrious Apollo, you humble us with your presence."

Apollo? Fuck me blind! I'm standing no more than six feet from one of the most powerful gods in Greek mythology! My fear factor rose by ten.

Apollo said in what I can only describe as a "calming and genuine" voice, "Bron, Thret, it is wonderful to see you again. Queen Crima sends her regards and warm wishes. She is very proud how you and your team have represented the Greys on Earth."

Ok, he sounds like an ambassador. That was almost disappointing. Well at least he didn't have the thunderous voice I had imagined. Fear factor reduced by five.

Apollo then turned his focus to Hank and Jill. "My little brother and sister! It has been far too long!" He bent down and hugged them both. The hug was sincere and heartfelt. I had almost forgot they all shared the same father. Once he stood back up, he looked dead at me.

"You must be Bob Davis. I have been looking forward to meeting you. I am humbled by your presence." He knelt down and placed two rather large hands, lightly, on my shoulders.

I could have said, "Pleasure to make your acquaintance oh great one." or, "the honor is all mine your highness," or a million other intelligent, respectful greetings. But NOOO...I just blurted out, "How in the world can you be humbled by my presence?! You're the freaking god Apollo for crying out loud!"

Right after I said it, I thought, shit...now I'm dead.

Apollo just smiled and laughed. "I see we need to educate you on the real gods of Olympus, not the imaginary ones Homer wrote about."

I tried to recover, "I'm sorry for the outburst, it really is incredible to meet you."

Apollo patted my shoulders and announced, "There, all is well."

He stood up and turned to his companion, "Bob this is my son Aristaeus."

Aristaeus extended his hand and said, "It is wonderful to finally meet you."

I'd calmed down quite a bit, I shook his hand and replied, "It is an honor to meet you, Aristaeus."

Aristaeus looked at Hank and Jill and smiled, "Heracles and Josephine, I missed you terribly."

I looked at Jill and mouthed "Josephine?" She just smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

Another round of hugs. Finally Aristaeus extended warm greetings to Bron and Thret.

Apollo speaking to me, "Are you ready to meet the rest of the family?"

"You mean leave, like now?"

"We need to get back to the Olympus, there is much to do and discuss. I know you have many questions. I'll answer one for you right now which has been on your mind for five years. You want to know who the voice was that kept you from ascending and being with your wife and daughter. That was Hades. He is on the ship waiting for you and will explain why he sent you back."

Well that's one on my top five questions. "Ok, let's go."

Hank grabbed me and pulled me in that big-o bear hug he likes to give. Once he let go, I asked, "Aren't you coming?"

Hank replied, "Nope, Jill and I have to stay here. Earth is where our responsibilities lie."

I looked at Jill. She didn't look very happy. I wasn't at all happy.

I turned to Apollo, "Apollo, I realize they both can't come, but I need Jill...Josephine to come with me. Please allow her to accompany us."

Apollo ask, "Why is it so important for her to accompany you?"

I was ready for that one, "First off, over the past several weeks, we've gotten to know each other. I trust both of them with my life and that's not easy for me. It's not that I distrust you or Aristaeus, but I just met you. Josephine (that's going to take some getting used too) is my connection to Earth. She is best suited to help guide me through whatever I'm going to experience."

Apollo smiled, "And you have feelings for her. You don't have answer that, it's written all over your face."

Apollo then addressed Hank, "Heracles can you handle things without her?"

"Yes brother, I'm a big boy, Great-Grandfather and I will watch things until they return."

Jill couldn't help but have a huge smile. So did I. Then as though a delayed reaction, another question popped into my mind...Great-Grandfather? And we're coming back? Ok, that was two questions. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to ask.

Apollo then announced like it was a decree, "Then it is settled."

I said my goodbyes to Bron and Thret, then walked up the ramp and boarded the craft. Everything in the last several weeks had been astonishing, but I got the feeling none of it would compare to what laid before me.

Onboard wasn't what I expected. I guess I expected to see some sort of control panel or a bridge like in Star Trek or something to control the ship. Nope, it almost reminded me of a living room or the lobby of a five star hotel. There was comfortable seating arranged not in rows but in a circle. It looked more like a brainstorming room than a space ship. But the most remarkable aspect was the ship didn't appear to have any walls or ceiling or even a floor. You could tell we were inside something, but still had total 360 degree visibility of what was outside the ship. All of us and the furnishings seemed to just be suspended above the ground. I knew that wasn't the case because I could still feel a floor structure. A total transparent ship.

Aristaeus asked us to have a seat. I sat down on one of the couches that could accommodate our smaller size. Comfortable is a inadequate adjective to describe how it felt, heavenly might be closer. Jill sat down beside me. Just as I was admiring my seating, we began slowly rising from the bay. Like with the AKC we passed through the ceiling of the operations center and into the lake. The speed of our assent gradually increased. All at once I thought about the speed it would take to escape the Earth's gravity and the G forces that imposes. My grip on the cushion increased substantially.

Jill then whispered in my ear, "Relax, it's going to be ok. You said you trusted me with your life, didn't you?" Then she placed her hand in my knee. I felt like I was five years old and going on my first airplane ride.

Once we crested the lake surface, it was like we catapulted into the sky. It felt like ten seconds later and we're in space and I was looking back at the Earth. Crazy, I didn't feel any G forces whatsoever. Jill just patted my knee and said, "See, I told you so."

I wanted a drink in a sippy cup.

Chapter seven - The Olympus

Apollo sat across from us with a, believe it or not, "shit eating grin." These beings aren't anything I thought they would be. What am I thinking, I thought they were make believe less than a month ago.

I just looked around, in wonder, at the stars, so many stars. We past the moon in a flash. I looked back and the Earth was quickly getting smaller and smaller. Then I couldn't see it at all. I thought to myself, "Well we're not in Kansas anymore Toto."

Aristaeus announced that we were coming up on Mars and to look out the starboard side of the ship. My head was constantly spinning around. I was trying to take everything in all at once. I literally was acting like a kid at the amusement park for the first time. My eyes must have been as large as saucers.

Apollo broke the silence, "I had forgotten the wonder of seeing space for the first time. Bob, thank you for giving me the gift of experiencing it again through your eyes."

I responded, "It's pretty awesome, incredible and overwhelming all at the same time. How far do we have to travel?"

The ship easily navigated its way through the asteroid belt.

Aristaeus answered, "The Olympus is waiting for us, just outside of the solar system. It won't take long to rendezvous. As you can see we're coming up on Jupiter now." We were close enough to get a really good look at the largest planet in our solar system."

I asked, "Why did you allow humans to give the planets Roman names instead of your true names?"

Apollo, " Because it really doesn't matter what humans call them. In fact our designation of each planet wouldn't be unrecognizable in your language."

That answer made me think of something, "Apollo, I can only assume English is not your native language, but yet that is all I've heard you and Aristaeus speak since I've met you."

Apollo replied, "We know English is the only language you currently speak. It would be incredibly rude to speak a language you didn't understand. We also know we need to earn your trust. Speaking another language would have made you think we had something to hide. That does not promote trust."

I just sat there, speechless. The Greek God Apollo was showing me a tremendous degree of respect. I wondered what the hell I had ever done to deserve that level of respect from an ancient being that man worshiped.

We didn't see any other planets because their orbits didn't put them in line with our flight path. All I could see was empty space filled with billions of billions of stars. The four of us chatted about Earth, our solar system how fast we were traveling, even why we couldn't feel movement or any G forces when we left Earth's gravitational field. All I can say is this crew had some pretty cool technology.

At one point Apollo got up and fixed drinks for everyone. He had no sense of entitlement, didn't at all act like he was better or more superior to anyone else. That was a bit hard to wrap my head around.

Aristaeus announced, "We're approaching the Olympus. We should be landing soon. It's coming up on the port side of the ship."

I looked to the left and saw an object in the distance. It got bigger with each moment. Oddly, it appeared to be shrouded in clouds.

"That doesn't look like any spaceship I've ever imagined. Why the cloud cover?"

Jill spoke up first, "The ancient ones designed a ship that resembled their idea of the perfect world. Since the Olympus can't land on any planet, and space is a vacuum, shape and aerodynamics are far less important."

I asked, "Who are the ancient ones."

Aristaeus answered, "That would be Zeus, my father, Hera, Athena, Hades, Poseidon, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Artemis, Demeter, Hermès and Ares."

Apollo added, "Only Zeus, Athena, Hades, Aphrodite, Hephaestus and Artemis are currently on board the Olympus."

I asked, "Where are the others?"

"Hera returned to our home planet long ago. Poseidon is leading a delegation including Demeter and Hermès in the Andromeda galaxy."

He didn't mention the god of war.

"What about Ares?"

Apollo looked very sad and simply added, "Ares is no longer with us."

I didn't think this was the right time to pursue why.

The ship slowed as it entered the cloud cover. Jill explained it was much more than clouds. It was a force field that made the Olympus impenetrable when active. Since we were passing through I assumed it wasn't active. It felt like we were descending below the clouds on a magic carpet. Keep in mind this wasn't anything like I expected. I mean I grew up believing the "mother ship" looked like the "Starship Enterprise" or the evil ship from "Independence Day" or geez even Thanos' ship in the "Avengers -- Infinity War series." Reality was the farthest thing from what I could have imagined. The Olympus was for all intents and purpose, a planet, or it was designed to resemble one. From above, the surface was green, with what appeared to be lakes, rivers, trees and hills. Although there was no visible sun, it appeared to be mid-day. I was trying to figure out the light source when building structures came into view. The architecture appeared to be very Ancient Greek. Think the Parthenon in Athens, Greece and you'll have a real good idea.

The ship landed inside one of the structures. Marble columns adorned throughout. The ceiling was at least fifty feet high. The floor was a highly polished granite like surface. Standing outside waiting was one female humanoid. She was as tall as Apollo, wearing a longer robe that left one magnificent breast exposed. She had blond hair worn high on her head. She just stood there, patiently waiting.

The ship opened at one end and the ramp extended to the ground.

Apollo asked, "Bob, are you alright?" He must have sensed my uneasiness. Why should I be uneasy, no one has been anything but welcoming. Sure the tech was overwhelming, but it didn't put me in danger. I decided, I needed to relax and let things unfold.

"Yes, I think I'll be ok."

Apollo bent down and looked me square in the eyes, "Please believe me when I say, you are among friends here."

Intelligent responses were not my forte today. All I could think to say was, "Ok."

Apollo clapped my shoulders, stood up and headed to the ramp. The rest of us followed.

Apollo reached the bottom and embraced the female in a warm embrace. He then turned around and said, "Bob, this is my twin sister, Artemis. Artemis please allow me to introduce you to Bob Davis."

Artemis, goddess of the hunt, wild animals, the wilderness and chastity knelt on one knee and hugged me. I didn't know what to do, so I hugged her back. "Bob, welcome home."

HOME? What was that all about? Then I remembered the deal I made with Jill or Josephine or whatever, that I could never return to my life on Earth. Maybe that meant the Olympus was my new home.

Artemis then hugged her sister Josephine and nephew Aristaeus. Once the reunion was over she announced, "They are waiting for you in the great hall."

Jill stayed close to me on the way to the great hall. At one point she asked, "How are you doing?"

I smiled and answered, "A bit overwhelmed. Ok...a shitload overwhelmed. But other than that, just peachy." She took my hand and smiled.

The halls we walked were very wide and extremely tall. I felt like an insect in this place. Well maybe a rodent is a better description. We approached two very large and ornate doors. Just before we reached them, the doors slowly swung open. Inside the great room were couches and chairs similar to the ship's. I could only conclude they liked this style. After all it was extremely comfortable. But again, it's not what I expected. Nothing was what I expected. Hell, I really didn't know what to expect. Now I'm babbling in my own mind. I need to get a grip.

We were immediately approached by the most noble looking humanoid I had ever encountered. Like Apollo he was about eight feet tall, perfect physique, white curly hair and a short white beard. His robe was white with gold lining.

First he knelt down and hugged Jill...er, I mean Josephine, "Welcome home my daughter."

Then he stood up and stopped in front of me, looked down and had the biggest smile I had ever seen. "So this is Bob Davis!" Now, he had a deep thunderous voice. Then like Apollo and Artemis, he knelt down to my level. "Bob, I'm Zeus. It is wonderful to finally see you again!"

I looked him dead in the eyes and said in a squeaky voice, "I can't believe I'm really meeting Zeus, King of the Gods." I cleared my throat and then continued in a voice closer to mine, "When have we met before?"

Zeus laughed and said, "Well that's part of what we need to discuss because it's been over 3,000 of your years."

Still looking at him I replied, "I'm confused."

Zeus laughed again, "Hopefully we can clear some of your confusion up soon. Are you hungry?"

I actually thought about that question. I was hungry, not being able to recall the last time I'd eaten.

"Yes, I believe I am."

"Well then before we answer the voluminous questions you have, let's fill our bellies."

Chapter eight -- Finally, some answers

Zeus escorted us to a long table filled with food and drink.

"Bob, as our guest of honor, would you please begin the feast?"

Four additional humanoids, I assumed they were Olympian gods and goddesses, and a Grey joined us. Two Olympians were female and two were males. This was becoming a real party which, according to the King of the Gods, I was the guest of honor. Confused, bewildered, nervous and overwhelmed didn't begin to describe what I was feeling. I kept remembering Apollo telling me, "You are among friends." I filled my plate, grabbed a cup of whatever (maybe wine?) and waited for Jill or Josephine (Ok, from this point forward I have to think of her as Josephine). Josephine and I approached the extremely large chairs. She just waited patiently, I was trying to figure out how to sit down with both hands holding my plate and mug. All of a sudden the two chairs in front of us shrunk down to our size. We sat down on one of the comfy chairs. Another problem, where do I sit the plate and cup? All of a sudden a small table top appeared in front of me. I looked over at the Grey Representative and it's chair had shrunken to the perfect size as well.

Once everyone had filled their plates and sat down, Zeus began making introductions. "Bob, the four new Olympians, who joined us, are Athena on the left, Aphrodite sitting next to her, then Hephaestus and finally my brother Hades. Next to Hades is a special friend, Queen Crima of the Greys.

Homer21stC
Homer21stC
137 Followers