The Unlikely Quarterback Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ohhh, Mikey," she grinned, poking me in the side. "Is a cheerleader after my big brother?" she teased.

I blushed and said, "Ha, not likely. I think they just wanted to thank me for what I did for Gail."

"I don't know about that, Mikey. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I have heard the girls talking about you lately and you've become quite popular. Girls are constantly asking me if you have a girlfriend. Everyone found out that you made the football team. Did you know that technically you are on the varsity team? And ALL the girls in my class were tittering over you?"

"Tittering?" I laughed, and she laughed with me.

"Yeah, you know," and she proceeded to imitate the annoying sounds of a girl twitterpated, (imagine Olive Oyl fawning over Popeye).

"Ha, ha, I see. Well, I'll keep that in mind," I responded, and kissed her on her cheek.

We were on our way home and out of habit I asked, "How is Delilah getting home?"

I was so used to protecting her that it felt like a perfectly natural question. Stephanie looked up at me curious and saw my mood change and I quickly added, "Never mind."

We kept walking and Stephanie looked like she wanted to ask me something. After a few blocks of this, she finally just came out with it.

"Mikey?"

"Yeah?"

"I heard some rumors about what happened on Friday at school. Everyone seems to be talking about it..."

"Yeah, I thought as much," I said, feeling kind of humiliated.

"There were some jerks making fun of you but for the most part, everyone seemed to be pissed at Johnny and Delilah."

"Yeah, well, it's nice to hear that what goes around comes around... Errr... Karma's a bitch? I don't know what I'm saying..."

"You want to tell me what happened?"

I looked at her and all I saw was love in her eyes. There was no one else in the world I would trust more than my sister. I knew she'd gossip about it, but she was always fair and accurate when she retold a story. She wasn't much for embellishments, besides, the rumor mill was already churning so the damage, if any, was already done.

So, I told her all that happened, and I did it without blubbering.

She knew how emotional I could get and asked, "You seem to be taking this extremely well, considering."

"I guess my talk with Lorry helped a lot..."

"YOU talked with Lorry? Our sister Lorraine? Really?"

"Yeah, it was a good talk -- I think we had a moment and maybe things won't be so bad. Who knew?"

I got a surprising hug and a giggle from Stephanie where she squealed, "Owwww, I'm SOOO happy right now!" Then she quietly whispered, "Best brother, ever."

Sometimes I wondered about her, but that was Stephanie and I wouldn't change her for the world.