All Comments on 'The Walter Hobson Matter'

by westcoast_ken

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
sdc97230sdc972305 months ago

Briggs meeting up with Marcia during his vacation turned into a Chekov's gun that never got fired. Since she didn't turn out to be the killer or even a suspect and there's no mention of Briggs reconnecting with her after solving her father's murder, there really wasn't much point in having him meet her in the first place.

Teacher44Teacher445 months ago

So the third "wife" never got anything from the insurance policy? How is that possible, given the near 100% certainty that she was the only named beneficiary.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good but a tye B person and a type A person could have AO and BO genes, the A or B determining the offsprings blood group as they are dominant to type O. So an AO parent plus a BO parent could both donate an O gene and the resultant offspring would be type O. They could also produce AB blood group and tpe A(0) or B(0) offspring.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not bad. But too many loose ends.

greenday0418greenday04185 months ago

Was his Marcia, whose mother was dead, father just died, and was from northern California, one in the same?

SlithyToveSlithyTove5 months ago

This was interesting to a point, and then it's as if the author just got tired of it and tried to wrap it up as quickly as possible. No reconnection to, or re-appearance of Marcia/Marsha? No information about the final disposition of the insurance policy? No follow-up on any of the characters whatsoever, including Briggs' interaction with Simmons? All of these should have taken place at a minimum, as they were far more critical to the story than the inclusion of the whole S&M aspect of the victim, which was rather gratuitous and kind of a silly distraction. The writing that's here is very solid, and the character development is very nice through most of the story, but the epilogue just seems like a case file report, in that it's strictly factual, and dry as burnt toast. I liked it, but these aspects made it also a bit of a frustrating read.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

I really enjoy the Briggs stories!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous