The Ward Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Your fiancé?" Alexander inquired, looking amused when Edmund abruptly turned.

"S-Sage? No," Edmund frowned. "You met her?"

"An oddly delightful girl. She was present last night, with her Uncle. I believe he does not approve of your nuptials, and seemed rather tempted to contradict his niece," he chuckled. "I never thought you'd fall in love with a headstrong lady. And I certainly do not recall an invitation to your engagement ball."

Immensely shocked by Sage's acknowledgement, Edmund didn't reply.

Alexander cleared his throat. "You are always welcome to stay with me in Therondia but I have little interests in this town, Edmund. I need names. You can trust me to address the matter with discretion."

"It was never my intention to summon you in person," Edmund said shortly. "I should not have sent word."

"You won't tell me," Alexander gently concluded. "Very well." He stood with a sigh, collecting his gloves. "I'd hoped to return to Therondia within the week, but I suppose some country air might be a fresh change. Perhaps you could recommend me a tailor?"

"Alexander!" Edmund protested. "But your duties-!"

"Are to those few who have earned my respect," Alexander smoothly interrupted. "I have Royal affairs well in hand, Edmund, and His Majesty would have no qualms if I extended my stay. Though I'd not say the same for my officers," he laughed. "I surprise myself when I say that I look forward to becoming better acquainted with the local nobility."

There's was no more convincing to be done, Alexander was adamant. Edmund was still trying to figure out the meaning of the Knight's unusual last statement when he departed.

As Edmund went up the steps to the front doors, Joel was waiting with the servants holding them open.

"I hope the matter was not severe, my Lord," the Steward said anxiously as they walked the hallway together.

"No, but problematic," Edmund muttered. "Joel, before I forget -- have my tailor wait on Lord Dacre and his officers at The Tancredi tomorrow before noon."

"Yes, my Lord, at once," Joel affirmed, waiting until they were well out of earshot. "While I attend to that matter, I hope you will speak with Sage."

"I most certainly intend to do that," Edmund's eyes flared, remembering Alexander's remarks.

"I'm relieved to hear it, my Lord," Joel glanced beyond Edmund's shoulder to ensure they were still alone. "She is currently waiting in your chambers."

***

Whistling merrily, Alexander proceeded at a canter toward the Amelie estate. The stationed staff seemed inclined to refuse a lone traveller unknown to the household, until he showed them the King's emblem.

Fear, then panic fell across their faces. Alexander smiled with kind reassurance and politely expressed his intention to wait upon the lady of the manor.

Lucille was quietly reading in the garden room when a visibly excited servant informed her of the visitor. If her dismay was apparent, it lasted just seconds before she recovered to direct her guest be left in the library with his choice of beverage.

Ignoring Marie's agog curiosity, Lucille pointedly gave her excitable maid a half hour to spend as she pleased and left alone for the library.

In the doorway, Lucille paused at the sight of Alexander, out of official uniform but still dressed too regally not to draw attention. He was certainly well-made; handsome, strong, worthy of his station. Beneath it all, the essence of his personality; his wit and determination, shone through his dark eyes.

He had unusually long lashes for a male, which alongside very masculine features made him seem more attractively passionate than feminine. At the moment he was studying an old map framed for display, a faint smile on his lips.

Lucille lightly shook her head. "My Lord," she primly curtsied, somewhat satisfied when the Knight started and quickly bowed. "I am surprised to see you again."

"Are you?" he replied flippantly, tossing back the rest of his wine. Setting the empty glass down to the tray, his fingertips lingered on the patterned sides. He looked up with a knowing smile that carried an edge of intimacy. "I presumed my intentions from our first meeting were obvious."

Lucille endured his admiring scrutiny, that started from the silk hem of her olive-green gown, running up the fine length to pause at the glinting emerald pattern across her chest, resting on her full lips and finally meeting her indifferent gaze.

"Obvious?" Lucille said coolly, taking a single seat by a desk. "I'm afraid you have me entirely in the dark."

"Liar," he smiled under his breath.

"I beg your pardon?" Lucille frowned.

"I presumed it was obvious that I intend to know you better," he elaborated.

"My Lord," Lucille began cautiously, wary of his rank and wanting to cause minimal offence. "I am, of course, extremely flattered by your attention. But I am not inclined to engage in a flirtation with you."

"Who taught you to play piano so exquisitely?" Alexander inquired.

"I-...my father," Lucille said, distracted by the topic jump. "Even when he fell ill, he continued to tutor me with precautions until...until he couldn't."

"Consumption?" Alexander murmured.

"The cold," Lucille said briskly, finding a place for the book in her hands.

"I am sorry," Alexander said gravely, taking a seat by the window.

Casting a look to the doorway, Lucille suppressed the temptation to leave. "Where are your soldiers?"

Alexander shrugged, unconcerned. "At The Tancredi, in town, or amusing themselves elsewhere. I can trust them not to stir trouble."

"I see." Lucille inspected her nails. "And what business brought you to town?"

"An investigation."

"Into the death of the Stiles," Lucille nodded. "You hare here to question me, my Lord."

Alexander made a dismissive gesture. "There is no need."

Again, Lucille looked longingly to the door. As mistress to the manor, there was no one to take her place. "Then I fear I am wasting your time."

"Never, Lady Amelie."

Not wishing to debate the matter, Lucille adjusted position so she might see out the window. Lord Dacre was known to be direct in his communication, and resolute in his endeavours. The silence eventually grew heavy.

Alexander smiled at her stiff profile. "I will be remaining in town longer than I originally anticipated."

"That is nice," Lucille said politely, though her chest seized with dread. "But if you did not come to question me, I stand by my conclusion that this visit is an unnecessary waste of your time."

"Very well," Alexander said lightly, as though rising to her challenge. "You have no parents or guardian," he explained. "Therefore, I have only you to tell in person, my Lady, that I would like to see you more frequently."

"Well if you are to remain in town, we are certainly likely to cross paths numerous times," Lucille drawled casually, hiding how startled she was.

Suddenly conscious of having spent enough time with him to satisfy etiquette, she rang a silver bell. "Thank you for honouring me with your company, my Lord, and I wish you a safe journey home."

"The Tancredi. I am staying at The Tancredi," Alexander corrected her, slowing standing to full height, grinning widely at her squirming discomfort. "Should you wish to find me."

"Again, my Lord, thank you." Lucille managed a pleasant smile. "Now, I'm afraid I have some important matters to attend. My servants will show you out."

Oblivious to the Knight's amused curiosity, she curtsied prettily and fled Alexander's presence for the second time.

Hurrying through corridors for the solace of her chamber, half-afraid he would follow her, Lucille was not surprised to find Marie waiting by her bed.

"That man's tenacity is unbridled!" Lucille exclaimed, slamming the door behind her.

"Lord Dacre?" Marie breathed, wringing her skirt in her hands. "What a compliment that he came expressly to see you, my lady! Half the ladies in town would die of jealousy!"

"A compliment and a problem," Lucille retorted, pacing her bedroom with agitation. "Mark my words, he is only pursuing me for amusement because I am not throwing myself at him."

"He does not have that reputation, my lady," Marie said doubtfully.

Lucille shook her head. "Whether his intentions are noble or wicked, he must be deterred."

"My lady, deter a man like Lord Dacre?" Marie said sceptically. "And why should you want to? I doubt you could marry higher, unless you wed the King himself," she giggled, quickly sobering when Lucille glared at her.

"I wish to marry to...to raise a family and continue my heritage," Lucille lied, gritting her teeth as she remembered Stephan. "Not for a life of Royal glory, and certainly not for love."

"Does Lord Dacre inspire romantic notions, my lady?" Marie asked with sly innocence.

Taken aback, Lucille stopped pacing. "Out, Marie. I wish to be alone."

***

How Edmund managed not to approach his chambers at a run was very surprising, but he did. Making his way in measured steps, he noted more than one servant peek at him on the way. Even with Joel's assistance, it was unlikely Sage could reach his chambers without being sighted by various members of the household.

He found her perched on his bed, disrupting the carefully smoothed navy bedspread. Again, Edmund noticed a subtle difference in Sage, but nothing so destructive like the last time they'd met.

The blue of her eyes was light with warm affection, her smile both pretty and heartfelt. She had laid her brown cloak aside, removed her jewelled, low-heel shoes and wore a tight riding dress with a corset of grey ivory satin.

Edmund's eyes widened when he noticed the first section of lace was untied, exposing the budding curves of her creamy chest.

"I could scarcely breathe, Edmund," Sage explained, her cheeks faintly pink from the ride. "Are you not pleased to see me?"

Collecting his wits, Edmund took his time walking to his desk chair. Sitting, he watched Sage warily, as though expecting her to inflict some unpleasant surprise on him.

"I'm sure you can understand my scepticism after making your feelings clear about our future," he said finally. "And my bewilderment to hear you are still informing others of our engagement."

"Edmund, I thought..." Sage trailed off, fiddling with a stray strip of lace. "I rejected you because I thought I'd contracted an illness," she said with slow thoughtfulness. "But I have since..."

"What illness?" Edmund said darkly. "It did not prevent you inviting me to your bed at your Uncle's residence."

Sage blushed and swallowed awkwardly. "I was not myself."

"You've said so numerous times." Edmund shook his head, his eyes wistful but severe. "I love you Sage, much as I wish that weren't the case, it cannot be helped. But I am afraid it does not mean I am willing to tolerate sporadic behaviours and confusion that will-"

"No, Edmund, don't!" Sage begged, rising from the bed.

Edmund stiffened in more ways than one when Sage fell to her knees and clasped his hands.

"You once expressed a desire to be with me, above everything," she pleaded, her lip trembling adorably. "A-And I love you Edmund, I do. Please don't send me away."

Edmund glanced down and regretted it, catching an eyeful of Sage's cleavage, the delectable creaminess of that soft skin. Her desperate gaze had an even worse effect on his libido. He'd missed her dreadfully, it was true. But experiencing the pain of her absence made him wiser to the future.

Edmund slowly drew her from the ground into his lap, never breaking eye contact. "You made love to Aleksis, after he'd bitten you?" he questioned. "And you have since found out you will not turn from the poison?"

Sage tearfully nodded.

"I can forgive the past," Edmund softly continued, his fingers trailing up Sage's neck, her cheek, sliding through her luxuriant dark hair. "But I lead an uncomplicated life. I want no more secrets between us, no more riddles, no more bursts of misery that you can't or won't explain. When you are distraught and discard me from your life, it cuts me too. I won't tolerate that pain again, Sage."

"I understand," she said eagerly, her eyes on his mouth.

"Do you?" Edmund sharply prompted, feeling his heart might leap from his chest by the way it pounded.

"Yes, yes, I do!" Sage breathed, gazing at him with desperate longing. "For heaven's sake, Edmund, kiss me!"

He did kiss her, roughly, the force of his feelings behind it. Sage's lips parted with a sigh, opening wide to him. She tasted his ardency, his frustration, all the love he'd tried in vain to forget.

Standing, Edmund held her against his chest, still savouring the kiss and carried her to the bed. The unravelled bodice made his task much easier, and Sage lay back, sighing with delight when her breasts were freed and encompassed in Edmund's hands.

Edmund groaned; suddenly afraid he'd climax in his pants. He fell forward, supporting himself on his forearms to avoid crushing her. He kissed Sage deeply, hurriedly unbuttoning his shirt with one hand, ripping the rest free with impatience. Her bare breasts adhered to his chest; warm, firm, dizzily arousing. Running a hand up the skirt of her dress, Edmund cupped her sex with surprise, realising she wore no undergarments, immersing his fingers in her silky wetness.

Sage moaned into Edmund's mouth. He broke away, sucking her breasts, kissed down her body, her smooth belly toward her spread thighs, wanting to chastise her for the lack of modesty, at the same time driven wild by it. In a forceful move he bunched the entire skirt up to her waist, gazed upon her nudity, then buried his face between her legs.

"Oh! Gods! E-Edmund!" Sage gasped, arching into the bed, her thighs parting wider. She felt his mouth open hungrily, his tongue teasing her aching nub, his fingers begin to pry her slick channel. It was all so sudden, Edmund began to move two fingers inside her, then gently pursed his lips around her swollen button and sucked. Sage seized up and cried out, bucking against the bed, into Edmund's face.

Pleased, Edmund kissed her soft inner thigh. Panting with arousal, he stared up her body to where her chest heaved in the aftermath. Slowly, he crawled up her, his pulsing cock freed from the cruel confines of his trousers, rubbing the slippery borders of Sage's pussy.

Sage's eyes were closed with bliss, her mouth falling open as Edmund's thick girth nudged her sensitive place. Edmund kissed her softly, slowly, building her up again. His hands moved under the grip her buttocks, squeezing.

"Please...please..." Sage whimpered longingly, her hips jerking eagerly.

Edmund's lips curved to a lusty smile against the corner of her mouth. His cock pressed her entrance now and again, then slipped to the side, torturing her. Finally, he lined up and steadied his hips, pressing forward.

Sage felt herself widen to accommodate him, the incredible first sensation almost mind-numbing to everything else but Edmund; his strength, heat, the taste of his kiss sweetened with her juices. There was an intense thrill that he was finally taking her the way she'd fantasized, and that the pleasure was even better than she anticipated. It was natural, hot and passionate.

Sage shuddered with delight, her moans silenced by her breathlessness as Edmund began to thrust into her, grunting, his handsome face tight with a desire so intense he seemed pained. The vulnerably of his feelings showing in his expression, coupled with his decadent thrusts tipped Sage toward a second climax.

Then Edmund unexpectedly seized her wrists, pinning them by her head and kissed her suffocatingly whilst fucking her hard and fast.

Unable to move, Sage moaned urgently, writhing against Edmund. Held immobile by Edmund's possessive movements, her pleasure tipped suddenly, she squealed and squirmed through it. Her orgasm was immediately followed by Edmund's. Unable to resist her clenching wetness, he came with a loud groan and slowed his pumping, his cock still spurting until he was fully sated.

Both sweating and exhausted, they lay together a while, both mildly dazed from the encounter. Edmund released a long sigh of exultation, expressing the depths of his recent stress, tiredness; a breath of relief to abandon a trying period of celibacy the only way he was willing.

After basking long enough in their entangled position, eventually Edmund withdrew and pulled Sage against his chest, gathering a handful of her hair to deeply breathe it.

When Sage giggled then quickly stifled it, Edmund leaned back to peer suspiciously at her flushed face.

"Dare I ask the cause of your humour?" he smiled cynically.

"Oh, I was just imagining your reaction if I chose this moment to retract my feelings," Sage lightly answered, her eyes glowing blue mischief.

"That is not funny," Edmund growled, his hand moved under to pinch and knead her silky buttock. "I'll find ways to school you when we're married."

"I cannot wait, my Lord," Sage teased, still breathless and utterly radiant.

With her hair splayed beautifully across the bedding as she stared playfully at him with sparkling eyes, Edmund was so mesmerised by the vision he completely forgot what they were discussing.

"My Lady," he murmured simply, and kissed her again.