The Wedding Reception Ch. 01

Story Info
Jilted couple console each other at wedding.
2.9k words
4.51
6.3k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wasn't happy.

I really didn't want to be there.

I had been looking forward to my cousin John's wedding for some time, but on the previous afternoon my girlfriend of several years standing had dumped me.

Being dumped was bad enough, all I wanted to do was bury myself in misery, but a wedding reception was definitely the worst possible place to be under the circumstances.

I was surrounded by couples, all of whom seem to be deliriously happy and having a wonderful time.

I seemed to be the only single person in the place.

The reception was in a very beautiful country hotel and my main thought as the reception wore on was how soon I could escape to the room I had been unable to cancel without appearing to be impolite.

After the dinner had been eaten, the speeches had been spoken and the dancing had begun I picked up a drink from a waiter and wandered out onto the patio to escape from the happiness surrounding me.

I had been standing staring morosely at the beautiful, manicured lawns surrounding the hotel for several minutes when I suddenly became aware of what sounded like someone sobbing.

I looked around but couldn't see anyone.

I listened more closely and realised that it seemed to be coming from over the edge of the patio.

I wandered to the edge and looked over.

One of the bridesmaids was sitting on a bench on the edge of the lawns, her shoulders hunched and her head bowed.

Her sobs had died away now to the point of being inaudible and I would have probably decided I was imagining things had it not been for the utter dejection of her posture.

I then noticed that her shoulders moving and decided after a few more moments of observation that it was likely that although she was now silent she was probably still crying.

I doubted whether she would appreciate company under the circumstances, but my own depression combined with wanting to avoid the scenes of happiness back inside the main room made me decide me to wander down the short staircase and join her on the bench.

The bench flexed as I sat down and she must have noticed that someone had joined her, but she didn't look up.

I waited and after a few minutes I said, "I don't want to intrude, but are you all right?"

She continued to ignore me.

I waited a bit longer in silence and then stood up. "I guess you'd rather be left in peace. I will respect that, but before I go is there anything I can get for you?"

There were a few more moments of silence before she raised her head up out of her hands.

She didn't turn towards me but stared down at the lawns. Her tears had ruined her makeup, but I recognised her as probably the prettiest of the three bridesmaids. She gave a deep sigh and then said, "Sorry, but not only has my boyfriend just told me he's breaking up with me, but he did it by messaging me -- he didn't even have the decency to tell me face to face."

I waited a moment and then said, "That's tough. I can definitely sympathise. I was chucked by my ex-girlfriend yesterday. That's why I'm out here rather than back inside dancing."

She looked at me sceptically and I could see she was wondering whether this was just a pickup line of some form.

Suddenly her expression cleared and she said, "you're John's cousin aren't you?"

I nodded and said, "Yes, I'm Dean, Hi".

She sort of grimaced and then said, "Hi Dean, I'm Mary. Julie told me about it, I'm sorry"

I returned the grimace as I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Word gets around I see. Well, it happens."

I waited in silence for a few moments again and then she said, "We can be miserable together if you want, I just didn't really feel in the mood for one of the happy couples to try to cheer me up."

Giving her a rueful smile of thanks I lowered myself back down onto the bench.

Once again a few moments passed in silence and then she said, "We had an argument last night but when he wasn't here for the start of the wedding I just assumed he was late. When he still wasn't here at the start of the reception I was starting to worry about him. I sent him a message during the speeches asking him if he was okay. He just replied saying that he had meant everything he said when we argued last night and that he didn't want to see me again. Can you believe that?"

I wasn't sure how I should respond so I simply said, "I'm sorry, that must have been really rough."

She continued looking out over the lawns and then said, "and then I thought about the things he had been saying about me last night - and that's when I just had to come out here."

She sat in silence for a moment longer and then she said angrily, "The bastard called me a boring stick insect."

Not knowing her I had no idea whether or not she was boring, but I decided I could in all honesty address the second part of his insult so I said, "I can't imagine what inspired him to call you a stick insect. What I can see is very beautiful and very shapely."

She turned to me and this time it was she grinned ruefully.

I carried on, "My ex just suddenly decided after almost five years that we were incompatible. We had the occasional argument but she had never indicated that there were any real problems. Then yesterday she just suddenly announced out of the blue that she had found someone with whom she was really compatible. No explanation of how we were incompatible or how she was more compatible with the new guy. No mention of love or emotion, just compatibility. That was it, no discussion just goodbye."

Mary nodded in sympathy and then looking out of the lawn again she said, "I think I would have preferred it if our argument had simply been about compatibility. He also called me a nerd and he said I was plain and ..." her voice faded as she seemed unable to complete the sentence.

I reached out and laying a hand gently on her shoulder said "Well, you certainly are not boring me" she turned to look at me and I continued, " and he must have a very strange concept of beauty if he thinks that someone who looks so lovely could be called plain."

She continued looking at me and then after a few moments of silence she said, "he also called me a frigid bitch."

The way she said it made it sound like a challenge.

I decided to take a chance and saying "I'm sure that was a lie too," I leaned forward and kissed her very gently on her lips.

Her lips were soft and warm and although she didn't respond to my kiss she also didn't try to avoid me.

I pulled away and then reaching forward she allowed me to wipe a tear from her eyes.

I said, "I bet he is wrong about you in every possible way" and leaning forward to kiss her again I was happily surprised when she leant forward to meet me halfway.

I was far more surprised a moment later when I felt her lips part and the tip of her tongue press tentatively against my lips. I responded immediately, allowing her tongue to slide between my lips and sliding the tip of my own tongue forwards so that moments later we were kissing passionately, our tongues slipping and sliding past each other in an intricate dance.

We continued to kiss for what seemed like ages, each of us shifting on the bench as we gradually moved into an ever-closer embrace. As we kissed I felt her hands slide under my jacket and press against my back, pulling me against her. Again I responded in kind, appreciating the low-cut back of the bridesmaids dress which allowed my hands to caress her bare back and neck.

Her kissing became deeper and more passionate, her tongue exploring in a way that certainly made me wonder how her boyfriend could call her frigid.

I ran one hand down the side of the bridesmaids dress, sliding it easily over the smooth material until it reached her thigh which I began to caress. After a few moments of stroking I continued to run my hand slowly down her outer thigh until it reached her knee.

I expected the layers of the traditional bridesmaids dress and petticoat to be a problem, but the satin of her dress allowed my hand to slide so smoothly that caressing her through the layers of material was remarkably easy. I slid my fingers over onto the inner edge of her knee and when she gave no indication of disapproval I then began to slide my hand back up over the silken material but with my fingers now caressing her inner thigh.

Having slid my fingers as far up her inner thigh as I could I then transferred my attention to the opposite thigh, caressing my way down to her other knee.

Continuing to return her very passionate kiss I slid my hands repeatedly along the silky satin material, from one knee up to the juncture of her thighs and then back down to the other knee. Gradually she began torespond to my caresses, subtly shifting position to allow her knees to part and permitting my fingers to slide even further up her inner thighs.

We quickly reached the point where my eager fingers were running the full-length of her inner thighs, from her knee to just short of the temptation that was her mound of Venus.

Half expecting her to stop me I pressed down firmly on the soft material and then ran the tips of my fingers slowly over the beautiful curve of that pubic mound.

As my caresses became ever more intimate her kisses became ever more passionate, her tongue alternatively pressing into my mouth and then pulling back, clearly tempting my tongue to follow hers, inviting me to explore her mouth as ardently as she explored mine.

I pulled away for a moment, just long enough to say, "if he said you were frigid he must be mad," and then leaning forward to continue the kiss I dropped my hand down below her knee and pulled the edge of her skirt upwards until I was able to slip my hand under the skirt and onto the smooth nylon beneath.

She again made no attempt to stop me but rather rewarded me with a little purr of pleasure as my fingers slid slowly along the thin nylon covering her inner thigh. Higher and higher my fingers travelled until my fingertips suddenly encountered bare skin and I realised with great pleasure that she was wearing stockings.

She purred again as I caressed the soft, naked skin of her inner thigh.

I began to alternately stroke each of her inner thighs and as my strokes became more expansive it wasn't long before my hand had once more reached that tempting mound and I was brushing my knuckles against the silky material of her panties.

Her own caresses were also becoming more insistent and as I slid my knuckles over that smooth stretch of material between her legs she very purposefully pulled my shirt out of my trousers and began to run hands over my bare back.

I increased the pressure with which my knuckles were now pressing against her as I slid them back and forth rhythmically along the smooth silken channel between her legs.

Turning my hand over I cupped her mound in the palm of my hand while my fingers continued their caresses, my fingertips slipping easily back and forth over her soft panties. The material was thin and smooth enough that I could feel every contour of her gorgeous pussy.

One of her hands was removed from under my shirt and moments later I felt it sliding over the full erection which strained against my trousers.

With the palm of my hand still pressed against her mound, I slipped the tips of my fingers under the elasticated edge of her panties which I eased sideways. As my fingers slid through tight curls of pubic hair it was obvious from the dampness they encountered that she was finding this at least as exciting as I was.

I slid my fingers slowly back and forth along the length of her slit until they were slick with her juices at which point I slid the tip of my index finger easily between her swollen lips.

She groaned with pleasure and I felt her grip tighten on my cock as I ran my finger slowly back and forth along the length of her hot, wet slit.

Slipping the tip of a second finger, a third and finally the tips of all four fingers between her labia I explored her swollen vulva. I ran my fingers along each of the slick channels on either side of her clitoris, and then slid them back and forth, an action for which she rewarded me with more groans of pleasure.

I continued playing with her like this for some time, my fingers sliding either side of her clitoris, pressing against it but never quite touching it. It was only when she began to thrust her hips forward to meet my fingers and I felt her groans were tending more to frustration then pleasure that I instead slipped a finger between her inner lips and pushed it along the length of her wet slit until the tip was poised against the entrance to her vagina.

I hesitated for a few moments. I waited until she gave another little groan and as she once again thrust with her hips I allowed my finger to slide into the depths of her hot, wet channel. Groans which may have hinted of frustration gave way to definite groans of pleasure as I penetrated her with first one and then two fingers.

I fucked her with my fingers, sliding them in and out of the depths of her cunt while matching their rhythm with my kiss, sliding my tongue in and out of her mouth as if fucking her with both my fingers and my tongue

She had begun massaging my hard cock through my trousers with both hands but now I felt them move up to my belt which she began to undo.

My belt opened and I felt her unbutton the waistband of my trousers and unzip my fly.

I raised myself off the bench as she began to slide my trousers down over my hips and she immediately took advantage, sliding both my trousers and my boxers down to my knees.

As I settled back down again the bench was cold against my bare thighs and backside and for a moment I panicked as I remembered we were on a public bench only a few tens of yards from a large group of people who included friends and family. Before I could react though, I felt her fingers closed around my cock and as she began to run her fingers up and down my shaft all logical thought disappeared.

Her fingers matched the rhythm of my fingers stroke for stroke and her tongue followed mine back and forth, pushing brazenly into my mouth before allowing itself to be pushed back into hers. As my fingers slid in and out of her vagina and her fingers slid back and forth over my cock I began to gently massage her clit with my thumb.

She groaned into my mouth as the pad of my thumb slid back and forth repeatedly over her clit. I was very near my climax and I sensed that she was very near hers when suddenly we both froze as we heard voices and footsteps on the patio above us.

For a few moments we waited, not moving, but it was obvious that the voices and footsteps were definitely coming nearer.

Almost simultaneously we both seemed to realise that we couldn't continue without being caught in the act and pulling apart we frantically straightening our clothing.

I had only just enough time to stand up, pull up my trousers and fasten my belt when we heard a cheery call from above and, turning, saw a small party of guests who were just appearing on the patio above us.

It was immediately clear from their behaviour that we had not been caught in the act as there were no expressions of surprise or shock and no teasing or any other such adverse reaction from anyone in the small group.

They smiled and waved and we smiled and waved back, then Mary turned to me and with me a rueful and slightly embarrassed grin said, "I guess we better be getting back to the reception."

I grinned back and we set off back up the stairs together. Approaching the other guests I whispered to her, "I hope we can get together again later, I was really enjoying that little demonstration of frigidity."

The grin she returned was definitely no longer embarrassed as she said, "definitely." And then we were back in the crowds.