The White Specter Ch. 01

Story Info
A young, inexperienced superheroine faces evil thugs.
2.6k words
4.07
12.7k
13

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/29/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Luna Everly yawned for the fifth time in the same hour. She expertly fiddled and twirled her pen that was nearly out of ink.

Listening to Mr. Edwards' lecture bored her to death. History is the last subject of the day and Luna was dying to go home.

One more year and she will finally graduate from the university and get her Journalism degree at the age of 21.

Her grades are one of the highest. Having it all -- beauty, perfect body, brains, fame, Luna has been the subject of both awe and envy at the University.

She wanted to pursue Journalism to help spread the truth and expose evil within society.

After graduating high school, she moved to Starling City to pursue her dreams....... And meet her heroes.

Luna spent her teenage years admiring and idolizing Stardame, one of Starling City's prominent superheroes.

She had been a fan of Stardame ever since the heroine's debut when she stopped a bank robbery.

Six years ago, Luna and her parents ate at a restaurant on her birthday when the bank on the opposite side of the street was robbed.

The robbers took hostages and the cops were having a difficult time. That was when a beautiful, masked woman in a white suit and cape stole the show.

Luna gazed in amazement as the heroine flew above the police cars, her radiance was blinding everyone.

Stardame warned the robbers and asked them to release the hostages and surrender themselves, but instead, they shot at the heroine.

Luna, along with everyone else was screaming in fear as gunshots were heard, but to their amazement the superheroine was unfazed.

Stardame created a brilliant field of light that blocked the bullets. Then she fired a beam of light at the robbers.

Sensing their powerlessness, the robbers surrendered and everyone cheered.

And it was the moment that changed not only Luna's life but also Starling City.

Other cities have their superheroes, but Starling City had none. Not until a few years ago when Stardame appeared.

She was Starling City's first superhero.

Stardame became an inspiration. Not only to Luna but for other supes.

After Stardame's emergence, several superheroes appeared and helped the city.

Luna started admiring the superheroes, but she idolized Stardame the most.

And it was what made him pursue Journalism. She wanted to become a hero in her way. And that was protecting the truth and exposing the lies.

Luna excelled at her studies. She was one of the smartest students at the University.

And like most young women, she has a secret. When she was about 18 years old she accidentally found out about her gifts.

****************************

[Two years ago]

Luna Everly clutched her jacket when the cold evening air brushed her skin.

"I should've hailed a cab " She muttered to herself.

Wearing only her tank top under her jacket was a poor choice when walking at night as winter was approaching.

As she walked, Luna sang along to the song she was listening to in her headphones.

She walked through the dark road outside the university's premises, listening only to rock music and banging her head along with the beat.

Luna was so entranced by the music that she cried out in surprise when a hand was placed on her shoulders. She immediately paused the music and turned around.

Behind her were three men. Luna observed that they were smoking and had alcohol bottles in their hands.

"Hey, little missy." The man with the ripped jeans spoke to her. "Wanna have a drink with us?"

Luna felt nervous. She was so entranced in her music that she forgot that she was walking alone in a dark alley.

And now three creepy men approached her.

"I...." Luna stammered. "No, then you. I..... I need to go home." She replied nervously and started walking.

"Hey, baby. What's the rush?" Luna gasped when she felt a hot breath on her ears and the hand on her shoulder stopped her. This time, the three men surrounded her.

"Come have fun with us, baby! You won't regret it!" One of the men said to her then she felt a hand snake under her shirt.

Luna froze in fear. She was so afraid she couldn't move her body.

"Hey, boys! This young lady is stacked!" The man whose hand was now under her bra, fondling her right breast, shouted at his companions.

Tears started flowing from Luna's eyes, but she was still frozen in fear.

Luna watched as the men surrounded her, their faces were now so close to hers that she can feel the warmth of their breath.

"Don't cry, pretty girl." One of the men said and licked the tears from her cheeks. "We promise you, you're gonna enjoy every second."

When Luna felt lips kissing her neck, she finally snapped out of her paralysis. She screamed in fear and elbowed the man groping her breast.

Then Luna ran as fast as she can.

"Get her!" One of the men shouted and they chased after her.

Luna was crying as she ran. She can hear the men laughing behind her as they chased after her.

Luna made a sharp turn and dashed to the nearest building she can find, the abandoned carwash shop.

Luna searched desperately for a place to hide. Ahead of her, she found a large tools cabinet.

When she heard the men's footsteps, Luna entered the cabinet and closed its doors.

Luna placed her hands over her mouth and did her best to muffle her cries.

Outside, she can hear the men laughing.

"Hey, sweet cheeks. Where are you?" One of the men said in a singsong voice.

Luna slowed her breaths and tried to silence her cries. She can hear the men outside searching for her, opening every door and cabinet while shouting out loud what they would do to her once they found her.

With her heart pounding loudly in her chest, Luna can hear the men's voices and footsteps. They sound so near.

"You think she's here?" A voice said.

"Oh yeah, she's here." Another voice replied then laughed.

Luna fought back the urge to scream when she heard the men's hands clutching the handle of the cabinet she was in.

"Hey, baby. Come to papa!" The men outside said then opened the door.

Fearing the worst and accepting her fate, Luna closed her eyes. There's no way she can fight these men. There's nowhere to run. She's just cornered prey. Tears flowed out of her eyes again as she imagined what lay ahead.

It was her first day of college and here she was, cornered by three men who wanted to rape her.

Luna heard the doors creak open. She closed her eyes in fear.

"What the hell?" One of the men said.

"Hey dumbass, did you really see her run here?!"

"I saw her, man. I swear."

Confused, Luna opened her eyes. She almost screamed when she opened her eyes, she was standing face to face with the men.

"Fuck you, dude. You let her get away! I wanna fuck that pretty bitch!" The man in front of Luna said as he slammed his hand on the cabinet door.

Luna whimpered when she was startled by the banging sound of the door as the man punched it.

"Wait a minute. I heard something." The man in front of her said.

Luna clamped her hands harder over her mouth.

What's happening? Can't they see me? I'm right in front of them!

"I can smell your perfume, missy! So just come out and let us have fun with that hot body of yours." The man in front of Luna said in a singsong tune.

Luna's eyes widened and her body shook when the man's hand was closed inch by inch to her face.

Suddenly, Luna felt something strange within her body and she couldn't help but scream when she felt herself falling backward.

She landed on the ground on her butt, then what happened next confused her.

After she fell, Luna was confused. She's outside the carwash shop!

She landed on her butt on the pavement behind the building.

"What's happening?!" Luna exclaimed under her breath.

Wasting no time, she ran away. Ahead, she saw streetlights. She looked back but saw no one chasing her.

When she reached the street, it was empty, but it looked familiar. She was standing in front of the bookstore she visited a few days ago.

My apartment is just two blocks away!

Luna felt safe now that she was in a familiar place. She noticed that the bookstore was already closed. Se checked her watch. It was 9 in the evening.

As Luna started to run home, she stopped in her tracks.

Wait. Something's wrong.

She turned toward the bookstore's glass frontage.

Luna gasped in surprise. She had no reflection!

"What's happening to me?!" Luna touched her face and then looked down her body.

She can see herself, but she had no reflection.

"No, no, no, no."

Luna ran as fast as she can.

What's happening to me?

When she ran she saw a woman walking in her direction.

Luna ran to the woman and clutched her coat.

"Please help me!"

To her surprise, the woman screamed.

Luna let go of the woman's coat in confusion.

The woman stumbled and then ran away. "Help me! Help!"

The woman screamed as she ran away.

Luna stood alone in the street, utterly confused.

"What the hell is happening?!"

In her confusion, Luna walked to her apartment.

At the building's entrance, the security guard was sitting on his steel chair and was reading a book.

The guard was extremely polite to her when she moved here a week ago. Every time she walked up to the porch he would always greet her and ask her if she was enjoying Starling City so far.

But tonight, the guard ignored her.

Now that she had calmed down, Luna's critical mind started working. She had a hypothesis she wanted to test.

Walking silently, she approached the guard and stood in front of him.

She waved her hands in front of him to see his reaction. Nothing. The man totally ignored her!

Luna poked the guard's shoulder with her forefinger. To her surprise, the guard turned around and looked behind him.

When he saw nothing, he shrugged and continued reading his book.

Oh my god! Luna exclaimed to herself.

I am invisible!!

That explained why she had no reflection. That's why the men couldn't see her when she was right in front of them when they opened the door.

Feeling exhilarated, Luna left the guard alone then she climbed up the stairs to the third floor.

As she climbed the stairs, she grabbed the stair's railing. When she did so, she bent the stainless railing!

She instinctively let go of the handle.

What just happened?

Luna grabbed the stair's balusters and pulled it softly, but when she did so the baluster snapped.

Holy crap! Luna figured that she had enhanced strength!

Feeling excited, she sprinted to her apartment. When she entered her room the first thing she did was look at her reflection in the mirror.

As expected, she still had no reflection. She was invisible! Luna took out her phone from her pocket. She was wondering what will happen if she took a picture of herself.

As she was about to take a selfie, she noticed something. She had no reflection in the mirror, but not only that. Her phone also had mo reflection!

Luna figured out that everything she touched also became invisible.

But as Luna was feeling curious about her invisibility, she realized something.

How do I undo my invisibility?

Luna sat on the bed and thought deeply. She calmed herself down and tried to concentrate.

Calm down, Luna. She pictured in her mind that she wanted to be visible. She closed her eyes and tried to concentrate.

Undo invisibility! She tried to chant in her mind. When she opened her eyes, she gasped. She can see herself in the mirror again!

As she celebrated her newfound abilities, Luna remembered something. When she was hiding in the cabinet, remembered suddenly falling to the ground, and then she was out of the building.

Trying to figure it out, Luna closed her eyes again. Somehow, deep inside her mind, she knew she can do it again.

She can feel it. It was just like moving your body.

Her instincts turned over. It was just like moving a muscle. Luna stood in front of the door. She took a deep breath, then she took a couple of steps forward until she hit the door. Only, she didn't!

She went right through the wall and then out to the other side!

That night, Luna Everly discovered her powers. Since that night, she practiced her abilities.

She had enhanced strength, she can turn invisible, and she can phase through walls and objects!

Luna spent the next days training. She went to the gym, practiced martial arts, and she did a lot of swimming.

One thing she learned was that when she's phasing through objects, she can't breathe! She thought that maybe air also phased through her. So Luna spent a lot of time swimming at the University's pool after class so she can train her lungs to hold her breath as long as possible.

For months, Luna trained with one thing in mind. She wanted to become a superhero!

*****************************************

[Present Day]

"Finally!" Luna Everly exclaimed as she jumped to her bed and lay down. Having eaten her dinner and finished her paper that was due next week, she turned off her laptop and then threw herself into the bed.

She reached her hand to the desk beside her bed. Her fingers groped for the police scanned on the desk and turned it on.

Listening to the police scanner was the worst. Luna had to spend a lot of hours listening to the device to hear if a crime has been committed.

She munched down on her sandwiched as she listened to the scanner when finally, something happened.

The alarm of Starling Museum has gone off. A possible robbery might be going on, or it was just another false alarm.

The moment Luna had been waiting for had come. Thankfully, it was a weekend. That meant no class tomorrow, and more time to be a superhero.

Luna excitedly opened her wardrobe. She stripped her clothes off. She took off her bra and tossed it on the bed. Her C-cup breasts hung firmly on her chest. Her bra wouldn't fit in her suit so she had to take it off. She also designed her suit that the chest part is snug and thick enough to support her breasts- making sure that her nipples wont poke through the thin suit, and her breasts wont jiggle when she moved. Standing only in her panties she then pulled out her dark and white, skin-tight spandex suit from her wardrobe.

When Luna decided that she wanted to become a superhero, she spent a deal of time doodling her costume during the boring hours of class.

After a lot of drafts she finally came up with the perfect design for her super suit.

After Luna donned her super suit, she looked herself in the mirror. Her blonde hair matched perfectly with her suit. Smiling to herself, she put on her mask and covered her head with the suit's hoodie.

Feeling excited, she looked at herself in the mirror. Her suit hugged the curves of her body. Tonight, Luna is one of Starling City's superheroes.

After donning her mask, Luna Everly switched to her superhero identity.

She turned herself invisible. Emerging undetected from her balcony, White Specter, Starling City's rookie superhero, is on duty.