All Comments on 'The World Made Yonder Pt. 05'

by FreddieTheCamel

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments (Page 2)
AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Second read. Again a 5. Celia is surely spoiled. Husband for all his "walks" is surely a disorganized character. I wish Celia would have confronted Jackie in a more private setting. All of the character are screwed up in many ways. I loved the ebb and flow of the story. I love the mixed emotions , especially the husbands. Laura , was also a bit of a run on sentence as she went up and down like a yo yo. All and all I loved the insanity of the cast of character. Them were so see saw doing a deep dive for development purposes would have been a waste.

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

This story went all over the place. So many branches and characters. The ending. That fucking ending is what I based my rating on. It was a brilliant way to conclude it all and it was an epilogue without having one. 5/5

Nato_

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just discovered this. Have to say, this was hands down the best depiction of real people I’ve read on this site. The revelations and acceptances that everyone is flawed as hell, and no one is just one thing. Superb, my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave this story what it deserved one star. The pussy of a husband took this cheating cunt back after she threw it in his face. Told him that she had never loved him and said that she was glad she gave birth to another man’s kid. This asshole of a husband surely wins the first place trophy for cuckold pussies. The story as bad enough but you had to insert your stupid ass opinions about trans people when

It didn’t even fit the story line. Please go find a hobby you are go it, because it’s not writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautifully written but a bit long. Very interesting and surprising conclusion. Five stars ⭐️ for this it.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

Dear Mr Camel, I wish to lodge a formal complaint about the quality of your writing and plot in this series. They are so good that my poor addled mind struggled to put this yarn down forcing me to read all 5 chapters in one sitting. Disgraceful! This is utterly unacceptable and I trust that you will do better in future. Also, I have searched high and low for the film “The World Made Yonder” without success. Does it exist? Your portrayal of feminists is unfair. I can’t imagine any feminist describing men as cockroaches. Scoundrels or scumbags maybe, but never cockroaches! Other than that I loved the series. 5 stars, thanks for sharing and the series added to my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Holy shit!!!! Easily one of the top stories on this site. You don't have to like the characters, and I don't, to love the characters. Some bizarre situations, some truly awful people who are weak but thinking they are strong. Jackie was the snake in the garden, Celia was the weakest most self-serving and cruel bee-atch on all of LW (and still be a believable character), and Joey was just a piss-poor decision-maker all-around. But I couldn't stop reading. LOVED it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, well written. Thought mom and dad's characters could have been expanded. End was too abrupt, like falling off a cliff. Relationship with Lorna and wife could have been described more.

Mfj

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

Convoluted to the point of believable. I absolutely hated the ending. Honestly, the ending tells me more about the author than anything else. It speaks to his personality.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

This is an great story.

/

Technically, it's a great piece of writing. Interesting, pretty original (especially given the topic that is so heavily covered), well-designed characters. There's growth, there's character arcs, there's conclusion, there's meaningful conflict NOT just confined to asshole-wife-vs-poor-husband. In short, amazing storytelling.

/

I also love that the author doesn't take garbage moral or ethical positions. One of the things I absolutely abhor about many LW stories, especially reconciliations, is that the author is trying to hang their disgusting "moral" (or rather immoral) judgements on the reader, either explicitly or in the words of characters - in vast majority of the cases, in favor of females who happen to be despicable human beings at expense of decent men. In this one, the author did not pull any punches, and condemned everything that needed condemning and praised everything praiseworthy.

/

And this is part of what makes it uniquely special to me is - it is one of only a literal handful (and I think only the second in last 12 months that I read) where the author genuinely convinced me that reconciliation was warranted, or at least justifiable. No, personally I would have likely chosen a divorce (and honestly, would strongly considered marrying Lorna, even if she is also somewhat manipulative) - BUT, I can totally see the reason and rationale for the main character choosing to stay married.

/

In case it's not obvious, it was the fact that the - SPOILER ALERT! - attack on the "friend" was triggered not by assorted betrayals/lies, but by the bitch claiming her husband was "abusive", that made this all work. As the economists say, "revealed preference" - or in more colloquial terms, she put her money - or a heavy bottle - where her mouth was and proved she actually had loyalty to, and best interests of, her husband, at least to some extent. Loudly proclaiming "love" like usual RAAC/cuck-reconciliation drivel on LW, is meaningless and easy. ACTUALLY proving that you would choose your husband, and not just say empty words, is very unlikely to realistically show, but the author managed that beautifully.

gatorhermitgatorhermit10 months ago
Upon Second Reading…

Joe made a serious mistake. He should have divorced, shared custody, and upgraded via the woman he knocked up. Celia was narcissistic and psychotic and had no redeeming qualities.

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

What a short story this Femdom agitprop might have been had they TAKEN THE TEST FIRST!

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

What a short story this Femdom agitprop might have been had they TAKEN THE TEST FIRST!

spinpole2001spinpole200110 months ago

Great writing and a really good story!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think it’s a bit of a rite of passage to adulthood for a child to learn that of his or her parents are not perfection epitomized. Given the high emotionality of the time, I’m a bit surprised that Stephen doesn’t have stronger memories or feelings on this era. I think he himself kept the Kleenex stocks from tanking.

In all seriousness, a nuanced take on a marriage in crisis and two people muddling through it. At the beginning, Celia was pretty clearly someone without a sense of self and Joey was someone without a sense of worth.

bacchant2bacchant24 months ago

Top notch, kept the interest all the way.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well written prose and dialog but in then signifying nothing. There is no way this doesn't end in divorce and shared custody. Her cheating, the deceit, her sh$tty rationalizations, and her hurtful words that she wished her son was Bjorn's. Just too much. Crazy antics. A real soap opera. But doesn't get that far.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Another pure shit reconciliation story. I hate emasculated pussified men and authors who create them.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Sometimes one can read a story and say that it was entertaining, and every once in a while, one can say that it made one feel a little bit wiser. This is a smart story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreddieTheCamel@FreddieTheCamel
I write both professionally and for fun. The stories and essays I post on this site are for fun. I've also taken the first steps to self-publishing under the name Freddie T Camel, although more as an experiment than an ambition. I want to write stories that have emotional res...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories