The World Series

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cooperstown opened a permanent exhibit highlighting Brad's World Series performance in February of that year. They had taken Brad Seaver's highlights from the Series and mixed them with music to create a fifteen-minute video. For the first six months, the video was so popular that the Hall of Fame was showing it to capacity audiences every twenty minutes.             

Brad's first wife, Cindy, had married and divorced four times. Tim Wilson and Cindy married a few months after her divorce from Brad was final. She stayed with Tim for two and a half years until he blew his arm out.

After dumping Tim, Cindy took up with his teammate, third baseman Randy Abbot. Randy was a star for the Mets, with a $200 million eight-year contract. But Randy had a drug and gambling problem. However, he was also smart enough to insist that Cindy sign a prenup. Cindy wasn't happy about it, but she felt sure she could get it modified later. After two years of heavy partying, drug use, and gambling, the Mets laid down the law. Randy had to change his lifestyle, or they would dump him. And at that time in his career, Tim's skills were starting to slip. The Mets sent Randy to a treatment center.

When Randy got clean, he realized that Cindy was cheating on him and threw her out. Cindy entered rehab for the first time. It didn't take.

The only good thing about rehab for Cindy, or a bad thing depending on your point of view, was that she met one of the New York Jets players, Dexter Proud. He was an outstanding linebacker, but he had his own issues with drinking and partying. Four months after they met, Dexter and Cindy married. It was the beginning of the end of Dexter's career. Dexter was an alcoholic, but with Cindy's help, he became a drug abuser too. He only lasted a season and a half before the Jets released him. Neither Cindy nor Dexter bothered to file for divorce; they just drifted apart. The marriage did end, though, when Dexter overdosed one evening. Cindy was so busy partying that she didn't find out about Dexter's death until after his funeral.

Cindy was deeply depressed by Dexter's death and the fact that she had been so consumed with her own pleasure that she missed the funeral. Within a day, Cindy checked herself into another rehab facility. She finished the program and left clean, but Cindy was fooling herself that she had licked her drug addiction. Still, while she was still relatively clean, she met Tyler Watson, a financial advisor for one of the larger financial houses. Cindy was head over heels in love for the first time. But Tyler was just in lust. Still, Cindy maneuvered Tyler into marrying her. But within months, Tyler grew bored with his wife, and Cindy restarted her party life and drug addiction. When Tyler finally served Cindy with divorce papers, she went crazy. She created such havoc that Tyler had her committed for observation. After seventy-two hours of examination, it was decided that Cindy was still a danger to herself and others. She was formally committed.

Cindy was furious at being kept in a mental institution and refused to do what she was told. Trying to engage her would send Cindy into a furious rant. The administration decided to just let her be for the time being.

It wasn't until the baseball playoffs began, and Cindy realized that Brad was playing for Tampa Bay, that Cindy's behavior changed. She followed each game, including the pregame and postgame shows. When Cindy got into a dispute in the dining hall, she was told that if she didn't settle down, they wouldn't let her watch anymore games. Cindy settled right down.

Cindy took one of her T-shirts and wrote the number 23 on it. Quickly, the staff realized that it was Brad Seaver's number. And shortly after that, they learned that Brad had been her first husband.

When the Tampa Bay Rays won the World Series, Cindy was happier than she had been for as long as she could remember. But when Cindy learned that Brad had died suddenly, she collapsed, sobbing. Cindy had to be sedated. After that, Cindy became very withdrawn but participated in all the therapy. Cindy was released two months later. The only report about Cindy after her release was that she visited Brad's grave and left a single rose. After that, she disappeared, and no one knew what became of her.

Brad's final conversation with his wife:

When Brad woke up, he immediately knew that he was in the hospital. He saw the wires going from his body to the machines and heard the beeping. He looked around, and his eyes came to rest on a figure near his bed. Tears began to flow down his cheeks. Kim was there with him. He no longer cared where she had been, she was with him now, and that was all that mattered.

"You came," Brad said weakly. "I was so afraid that you had left me. I love you so much."

"I would never leave you," Kim replied lovingly. "But I was limited on how many times I could visit you. I should have passed on, but I've been waiting for you. Brad, I love you more than you can imagine. It's time for you to let go and come to me."

Brad closed his eyes, and the hospital machines began to blare their alarms.