Their Way - Andrea and Jay Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So... breakfast? Brunch?"

"Sure. Home or out?"

Jay loved food. She didn't know where it went. He didn't have an ounce of fat on him.

"We can do home. I can make eggs and sausage."

"Great. Let's do it." They got up and bumped into one another.

'Shit' thought Jay. 'Another boner.' He bowed as if letting her go first as a gentleman. But actually, so she wouldn't see "it" again and think he was a constant perv. Looking at her ass as she passed and went in front of him didn't help.

"I'll start here" she said without looking at him. "Can you take our laundry downstairs please? And while you're at it, rearrange your stuff. It's an army tent in your shorts."

She popped out of the kitchen and winked at him. He shook his head in pleasant disbelief.

It didn't take long and brunch was on the table. Andrea had two eggs and some toast she hardly finished. Jay ate three eggs and every piece of sausage she made plus toast. Andrea watched him eat with amazement.

"Where does it go Jay? I mean..."

"I'm a growing young man. We don't stop until we're twenty or more."

"At least you eat with your mouth closed. Unlike your friends."

"At least we eat." He pointed to her plate with the last piece of toast on his hand. "You call that breakfast? It's not even a snack."

"Well, when you get to be my age, food just sticks to you." She shook her head in disgust. "All I have to do is look at food and I gain pounds."

"Even with all the running and weight training downstairs?"

"Age Jay..." She rolled her eyes and huffed air in frustration, "...it's the enemy."

"You're what...thirty-eight? You look twenty-eight." He smiled as he finished eating.

"Ha...flatter me with fuzzy math why don't you. I'm going to be 41 in June."

Jay's jaw dropped. He said nothing.

"Yep...an old lady" she said sarcastically. At that he snorted and then cracked up.

"You're funny mom. Half my class would line up to have a crack at you."

"Half?!" She faked indignation.

"Well the rest would have to pay...they're desperate," he said smiling at her. She made a feigned indignation face back at him.

"Our money problems solved." She said nodding. Trying to act like it was all business.

"Got a red dress and some high heels?" He tried to make it like he was serious.

"I have a can of whoop-ass, is what I got." She made an angry at him and raised a fist. Then smiled cautiously.

"I don't want to share you now." He smiled.

"Really?" Her smile turned in to a serious questioning gaze.

"I just found you." He replied honestly.

"Same here Jay." She nodded. "We've been mother and son until..." her voice trailed.

"We are still mother and son, and always will be."

"I'm scared Jay. I want you and yet at the same time am afraid I'll lose you."

"Lose me?"

"Because of me crossing a line...The line."

He looked away, like he was getting the courage to say something. And then back at her again.

"Mom...I need to get this off my chest."

Andrea got scared again. Her worse fear was overcoming her, again. Always fearing him leaving her. She pursed her lips waiting for the worse.

"Mom, sometime a year or so ago, I stopped looking at you as just my mother. I started noticing you as a woman. Your hair, your trim waist, long legs, curvy behind, your round tits and most of all your beautiful face."

Andrea was surprised at his choice of words. He was so sweet, but she was afraid there was a 'but' coming her way.

"I've watched you get ready for work, make meals, run in the mornings, work out downstairs, worry about bills, about me and Leslie. Somewhere along the way, you became more than mom. I've seen you as this beautiful woman I could only watch from afar. A woman that turned me on...excited me. So close yet forbidden. It was torment. "

Andrea fell his pain. She reached for him. But he put his hand up stopping her.

"Then last night and today happened. And a door opened to you I never thought would open."

She tried to say something, but he stopped her again.

"Now I'm scared you are going to close the door...and I'll be on the outside looking in... missing you. Watching you shut me out... start dating men."

"Oh Jay...my sweet Jay" she felt a tear run down her eye as his openness touched her heart. "None of that will happen."

Andrea got up from the table and took his hand. "Come with me...Let's go sit inside."

He followed folding her hand like a treasure. She sat him down on the couch and plopped next to him still holding his hand.

"I don't know how it happened, and at this moment I don't care. But happened it did."

Andrea leaned over and kissed his lips. "You and I are not what we were before, and I don't think we can put this genie back in the bottle. So long as we want each other, and we keep our heads, we won't ruin it, or our lives."

Jay nodded eagerly paying attention to everything she said.

"Yes," was all he said.

"Now listen to me Jay. What you and I did... and will do again, is not accepted by society. If anyone found out what we are doing, we can both be in trouble. We're talking jail and separation. Something that will destroy us financially and socially. Not to mention what it will do to ruin your future."

"Yeah, that's been on my mind as well. We can never let anyone know about this. Not even Leslie..."

"Especially not Leslie" Andrea cut in. "I love my girl, but she has moved on from our lives. She has a year of college left, hardly visits and is too busy for us to go visit. I don't know if she will come for your graduation. I know she had a serious boyfriend in college. But Let's face it, since your dad passed, instead of her getting closer to us, she pulled away. I have obsessed over it, but I have to give her room to make her decisions. As things stand, Leslie stays out of the picture. Agreed?"

"Agreed" he nodded.

"And..." she looked at him to make sure he was paying attention. "You, and I have to make sure we don't slip and let anyone know. Not just what we say, but how we act."

"I know I can keep my mouth shut, but what else do you have in mind?"

Now that she and Jay were in agreement, she picked up her thoughts.

"We have to act and maintain the same schedule and lifestyle as before. School for you, work for me, exercise, friends even if less than before and..." she stopped and placed her hands on his hands "you will keep going on dates."

"What? I don't understand."

She nodded and stood up. Andrea took a minute to collect her thoughts pacing and stood facing him. "Ok. Do you remember Major Rinaldi and his wife?"

"Yeah, their daughter Ashley was in my 9th grade school classes. I thought they transferred out."

"No hun, THEY didn't transfer," Andrea shook her head, "HE did. THEY got divorced."

"Well, that happens a lot in army families" he said. He had certainly seen friends go through their parents' divorce.

"True...but I knew her Jay. I knew there was trouble in that marriage before it collapsed. They lived across the street and two houses over. Mandy Rinaldi gave signals to those of us who knew her about her marriage trouble. Her habits changed before her husband deployed and defiantly after. She stopped being part of school events, would go out nights leaving the kids with sitters. I saw her in town all dressed up. Yeah, she was having an affair, but I noticed trouble in their marriage before. She wasn't exactly cold to her husband, but there was distance. And I noticed that she would perk up when Captain Ewell would come over with his wife. I noticed Ewell would glance at Mandy when his wife was busy. Eventually, she and Ewell asked their spouses for divorces. But Mandy took the kids and moved back to Oregon. Ewell...he deployed again; his marriage ruined. But the lesson in all this is that they left breadcrumbs for people to find. Do you see what I mean?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Let me make sure you do." She said waiting to get his attention. "See, people live their lives in a general routine. And that routine is noticed and subconsciously noted by family, friends, neighbors and coworkers. When our habits change, they notice, and ask themselves why."

"When did you learn this?" Jay said intrigued. "You are quite perceptive."

"I would like to think I'm supper smart, but I wasn't when I was young. But your dad was part of CID years ago I helped him study for an exam on counterintelligence and catching enemy agents. You know...turncoats. Part of the surveillance course was about human behavior and habits. Investigators are taught to look for habit anomalies. They are clues. And they ask friends, coworkers and neighbors for changes in the target's behavior patterns."

"Wow...you thought a lot about this." Jay was impressed.

"Actually, I hadn't in some time. But it all came to me today. If you and I change our patterns, people who know us...will notice."

"But I'm graduating soon, my patterns are bound to change. No school and work instead of hanging out."

"Sure," she agreed, "but until then, you and I have to keep our habits and patterns the same. After your graduation, we'll reevaluate.

"So, no more Friday nights for us?" He looked disappointed.

"After you get home, yes. And your Saturdays and Sundays have room for us. Not to mention weekdays in the evening. You come home for dinner and rarely go out. And since I don't go out, no one will ask why I am staying home."

"With us being a month out of graduation, people want to have parties and outings. By end of May we don't even go to school."

"Days don't matter. I'm at work. I worry about drinking and you spilling the beans when you have a few. Keep that under control. There's a spy trick called watering the palm tree."

"What?" he laughed in disbelief.

"It's what spies do in embassy or gala events. They want to stay sober, so they know if they nurse one drink other spies will know. The trick is to dump part of the drink, so you look like you have been drinking and get it freshened up again and be seen doing it. They used to dump it in the plants on planters...there's your watering the palm trees."

Jay laughed. "That's funny."

She smiled at him nodding in amusement.

"Well, the way I see it, for now we just go about as before. Then during the summer, we can make some changes. That is expected."

"One thing. Since I don't have a girlfriend no one will question my not having one from school. It's a complication I can do without. Jane has been nothing but sex. Which...I will not be needing." He winked and she feigned a blush. "I'll go out with guy friends occasionally but that covers my social obligations. What about you?"

"Nothing will change for me. I don't socialize much, but things like work events I have to go to. The only thing I am worried about is your sister visiting unannounced and her coming here for your graduation. If she comes alone as she has in the past were good, she has a car. But I worry about her coming down unannounced. If she does, everything stops. No ifs or buts."

"It'll be hard." He smirked.

"I think you'll manage a few days. That's if she comes at all. Then we'll see. But to be safe, if were down here. Let's make sure the alarm is on, curtains are drawn, and we have a plan. The alarm has outdoor sensors and will buzz if anyone comes up the driveway. I'll have my robe handy and say I was going for a shower. You can just run upstairs."

"You know Andrea, this conspiracy talk, and that skirt and blouse are making me hard again."

The minute he said Andrea, and the way he lowered his tone saying it, she felt herself becoming aroused. Knowing she turned him on was an aphrodisiac.

"You like what you see?" She asked posing with her hands on her hips.

Jay just nodded slowly.

"Ohhh...no!" she said raising her hands to stop him from coming closer. "See? We were about to get it on again at a time you usually go out with your friends."

"Mom, seriously?" he said pointing to his hard dick.

"Yes, seriously. You heard me before. We have to keep our ways and habits." She said seeing frustration in his face. "Jay, I am wetter than a lake down here. I want us to have more fun and can't wait until we do. But you need to get out of this house and be seen with your friends for a few hours anyway. I'll go shopping groceries and stare at old furniture or something at the secondhand stores I go to. I'll buy something so people can see me bringing it in the house when I get back. And you need to look like you were... I don't know. Playing ball or something when you get back."

He huffed his breath out looking forlorn at already having lost the argument and then merely nodded.

"OK, I'll go play some hoops with the boys. That will make me all sweaty when I get back."

Andrea pulled him close and kissed him.

"You drive safe and stay away from the whores. I'm the only whore you need."

That shocked him. But he recovered and nodded.

"I'll hold you to that," he said.

"Keep your phone handy. I may text you."

"You too mom," he said and let to go change.

Andrea looked at herself in the mirror by the door and decided she looked just fine that way. She traded her sandals for a pair of low-heeled shoes and went upstairs to say goodbye. He was pulling up his basketball shorts.

"Is that a jock-strap under there?" she asked staring at his crotch.

"Protect the assets. Rule number one in jock world."

"You're no jock."

"Yeah, but my friends are, and they play hard basketball. Elbow to the groin...poof!"

She grabbed him and looked up expecting a kiss. Jay looked at her and shook his head.

"I feel like a fool playing B ball when I could be with you. But I get the logic of it. I'll be back in a couple of hours to shower. Stay in touch ok?"

"Change of plans," she said looking at his phone on the desk with his keys. "When you get there, leave the phone in the car. If you keep looking at your phone smiling, they will know you got a girl lined up and will ask questions. I'll send you a text that you can see when you leave there in two hours. Nothing sooner. OK?"

"Yes Chief," he said imitating Agent 86 or whatever from the 60's show Get Smart.

"I thought I was 99?" she said demurely.

"She wishes she was you," Jay said and pulled her close for a kiss. His hand brazenly grabbed and groped her ass. His other hand mauled her tit. Andrea moaned in his mouth and her eyes almost popped out in surprise. "Now go before I toss you on the bed and have my way with you."

Andrea looked at him lovingly.

"Promise?" she asked.

"You still here woman? Go buy that shit you are going to carry through the door. I may be here to help you when you get here. And don't forget I love you."

"I love you too, "she said and ran out of his room before she lost all control and pushed him on the bed. Once by the door, she checked her make up again. Andrea closed her eyes and counted to ten before she opened the door to calm herself.

She walked to the car knowing that major across the road working on his yard was staring at her legs. She looked around to see if anyone was looking and thought of giving him the finger. But instead she smiled and waved at him. He gave her a slight wave back that made him look more guilty to anyone looking out. Then she got to her car and drove off. The world was full of assholes she told herself.

Jay played hoops with some of his friends and feigned pulling a muscle, so he didn't have to wear himself out. He had different exercises in mind for that evening. At the two-hour mark, he said he was skipping out and had to endure comments about him having an appointment with "do them all Jane."

"At least I'm getting laid you assholes," he replied giving them the finger.

"Hey Mayers," said one of the guys, "say hello to my sperm. I left it in there."

Jay gave him another finger over his back, but he was actually laughing. That was a funny joke. Then he realized how low Jane had come to in reputation and the smile went away. He really felt sorry for her. He hopped she didn't do something stupid in college and ruin her scholarship.

In the car he drove down and around the block before pulling over to look at his text. And there it was. Andrea Mayer.

Andrea: Come home safe. I'm on my way.

Jay: On my way too.

He smiled and drove off with a shit eating grin on his face. Not far in town, Andrea was driving back with her sunglasses on and a smirk across her face.

She had done a lot of thinking while out shopping groceries and a bird cage to go on the side of the house. Looking at the crowd of shoppers she saw a world that didn't give a shit who she was or what she was doing behind closed doors. Oh, the men wished they were behind closed doors with her, but they could wish all they wanted. She knew who was going to be with her in twenty minutes.

Andrea made up her mind on two things. In case she did cross the final line, she was getting back on the pill Monday or as soon as her doctor could prescribe it. Then she was making a lunch or dinner date with Heather and confiding in her. She was the only true friend she had in this town and needed to hear her take on this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He came home first and took a shower before she got home; third of the day. Their water bill was going to pike up. He was putting on fresh clothes when the doorbell rang, and he ran to get it.

"Come help me bring stuff in ok?" she said as he opened the door and went back to her car.

Jay went out and got first a flowerpot, then a bird cage to the porch. Then he heled her with the groceries. Andrea was inside when he went out for the last two bags. As he turned, he noticed the across the street neighbor woman by the car. She was about thirty, all legs, tits, blue eyes and blond hair in tight curls. Curls she was curling again with her finger looking at him suggestively.

"Hi Jay," she said like she was a corner hustler. "How's things?"

"Good Mrs. Cooper, how's the hubby and the little ones?"

"He's in Iraq and the kids are with a sitter. Do you want to come over?"

"Oh Mrs. Cooper..."

"Call me Abbigail, Abby."

"Right," he said and picked up the last two bags. "Could you close the trunk for me please?"

"Sure-thing Jay." she said and shut it as he asked.

"See, Mrs. Cooper," Jay said in a low tone of voice keeping a friendly but neutral expression on his face for the neighbors. "I know your husband. He is a good man fighting for mine and your safety as we speak. He is also a guy I like. It wouldn't be a good thing for me to come over and put my dick in his lovely juicy wife now would it?"

Jay said the last part without smiling at her anymore. He was serious and looking at her with contempt. He saw the change in her face from surprise, disappointment to shame.

"I..." she tried to say in embarrassment.

"Abby," he said kindlier now. "We all have our moment of failing in life. We get weak and do things we regret later. You don't want to do this and have to look at Charlie when he gets back do you? Or have to look at his children tomorrow knowing what went on in that house when I came in and fucked the shit out of you in every whole?"

Abby was clearly shocked and worked up by his comments. Then her lips trembled, and a tear came down her face. He was about to tell her to go home when Andrea came arounds the car and stood by him.

"Hi Abby," she said. "Is something wrong?"

Her hand barely touched Jay's arm. He got the hint and went inside with the bags.

"Good evening Mrs. Cooper." He nodded to her as he left. Andrea did not. She stayed there rooted on her spot staring at Abby Cooper with determination.

"Again, Abby. Is there something wrong?" Her voice cold as steel.