Their Way - Andrea and Jay Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Brad left the man to the medic and rushed back out the door to find his platoon searching for the shooter or shooters now long gone. They searched the area but found nothing but a few spent casings from an AK style rifle common in the region and the third world. Brad noticed a few sad looks come his way, but also some respectful nods. By the door of the watch shop, he noticed the corpsman and his commander; a black captain he barely knew.

"Report Lieutenant," the Captain ordered, and Brad did automatically. Again, his training took over. But he wondered why his corpsman was standing there and not working on the wounded man.

"Good report," the Captain replied. "But you lost a man."

Brad was stunned. All of a sudden the looks of the men and the corpsman now standing near them made sense. His young soldier was dead.

"Is he?" he asked not wanting to believe it knowing the answer already.

"Yes, he is dead Lieutenant," the Captain said staring at him in the eye, judging him. "Its war you know. Now the question is," he paused for effect. "What are you going to do about it?"

Brad became angry just then. Angry at the enemy, the world, the Captain, must most of all himself. Had he expected an attack, would he had deployed his men differently? Had he reacted too late and the seconds wasted led to the man's death? But like a good Marine Officer he kept all that to himself and showed no weakness to his commander passing judgment of him just feet from the place of his test as a man.

"Fight on sir," he had replied stoically. The Captain and he stared at each other for a few seconds before his commander spoke.

"I was told by your men that you reacted decisively and quickly. Not bad for a noob getting his cherry popped. You are lucky you only lost one man and got to walk away with the experience. When you get the chance today, write his parents a letter telling them that their son died heroically in battle trying to save your life. They deserve to know that. He pulled the smoke pin didn't he?"

"Yes sir, he did," Brad replied trying to keep his emotions in check.

"Good," the Captain said placing his hand on Brad's arm. "Keep it together Marine. Your men are watching and depend on you to get them through this. Got it?"

"Got it Sir," Brad had replied.

Behind the Captain, two men were removing the dead marine on a stretcher; his face covered by his own protective vest now covered in blood.

"Look away," the Captain said to him. "Focus on the living. I got this one."

After that incident, Brad had hardened. He focused on nothing but the day to day fight of survival for him and his platoon. He didn't call home anymore and wrote no letters to anyone. He didn't want the distraction.

------------

2003 Washington DC

But Janet had not stopped needing contact with Brad. Noticing that he was not calling, writing or responding to email, she wrote to him. After two months, still nothing.

Distraught she had gone to her uncle Jack; Brad's father. The two had never discussed incest in their family before, but they both knew of each other's relationship. Janet flat out asked him to use his connections in the military and find out what was going on with his son. And Jack had.

"Janet," her uncle said to her a week later. "Brad is in combat in Iraq. I'm sure you follow the news."

"And?" she replied anxiously.

"War is traumatic Janet. Brad has lost men under his command I am told. I am told by his commander, who I talked to, that Brad is surviving it by being totally focused at his job. Totally. Do you understand?"

"So, he can't take the time to call or write a note?" she asked.

"Janet, he is not working at a normal job or going to college. He is facing death daily and responsible for the lives of multiple people. He is not even twenty-four yet. Think you can do that and act... normal?"

"I wouldn't cut people off that love me."

Jack had just looked back at her.

"Your cousin loves you I'm sure."

"We're more than cousins," she said and stared back at her uncle.

"More as in?"

"As in the way you and Aunt Jill are. In love... intimate. The works."

Jack said nothing after that.

"You love him?"

Janet had tried to keep it together but had a hard time of it. A tear ran down her cheek, but she wiped it fast and took a breath to get herself together.

"I haven't told him," she said wiping a tear away with the back of her hand.

Jack offered her a box of tissues, while looking at her intently.

"Why not?" he asked.

"I didn't know before he left. But I know now. I can't be without him. I need him."

"Janet. Has he said anything?"

"Neither of us has said the words I love you. But I know I feel it and I want to. Even if he doesn't say it back. I have to let him know."

Janet, it's one thing to have sex with a relative. Our family is full of those. But few of us accept the concept of loving a relative. It's not easy."

"I am beginning to understand."

"Making it work is very demanding Janet. Its demanding with a non-relative; a normal marriage or relationship. But having a long-term relationship with a relative is one of the hardest things to do. Even I and Jill have had to marry people just to have healthy children and to put on the appearance of being married to others."

"But you made it work."

"If you can call it that." He replied. "I am just going to warn you. Think about what kind of life you and he will be involved in if you pursue this. That means no children between you Janet. They will be born with birth defects and worse of all, you will be found out. All the money I have will not be enough to keep you two from jail. And the child will not be with his or her parents. You can't do that to a child."

"I know Uncle Jack. I understand. But I can't stop loving him. If he doesn't love me back I can live with it. It will hurt, but I need to know. I need him to know. And if he does, there will be no children with us."

They both knew what that meant. If Janet and Brad chose to live together, neither of them would have children.

"That answers that!" Jack said approaching her with open arms. He hugged her and let her cry on his shoulder until she didn't need to anymore. "I'll see what I can do."

A week later, Janet received an email from Brad.

Dear Janet,

I am sorry that I have not called or written. It's been rough over here and I had to keep my mind focused on my duties. I lost a man on one of my first patrols and another two since to roadside bombs. We called them IEDs. I can't tell you what it's like to see one of the people under your charge die. I still have problems sleeping sometimes. But I cope as best as I can. I have to. There is no other option.

It's not that I don't want to talk to you and write. It's just that you are part of the world at home. A special part of my world back home. When I first got here you were all I would think about. While that is fine "back in the world" as we Marines say, its distracting here. I was thinking of you just before we got hit and my man got killed. No. It's not your fault and please don't think it is. But if I am distracted by thoughts of home, I may get someone else, or myself killed.

So, all thoughts of "home" need to be set aside until I am out of here and you and I can talk and sort out where we stand. It's a few months more. So please take care of yourself and I'll be home before you know it.

Brad.

------------

Janet waited for him to come home. It was not easy for her. She focused on school and work but watching news was not easy for her. It was full of war stories from Iraq and Afghanistan about soldiers dying or getting maimed. Checking the internet constantly for casualty lists became her daily habit.

He had, but he was not the same Brad that left. He came home having problems sleeping and with the symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. No longer active in the Marines, Brad still had PTSD. The doctors said he would have it for life in one way or another. The best he could hope for was to learn to cope with it by going to therapy and his PTSD veterans group.

But the first day they were together alone, he had declared his love to her before she had a chance to do so. Janet fell in his arms crying. Both knew that their lives would never be the same from that moment on. But as hard as it would be, they would have each other.

------------

July 2006 Washington DC

The day after their get together at Jack and Jill's place, Brad reviewed the reports on the Mayer family sipping his morning coffee. Leslie Mayers was still at the ranch, and Andrea Mayers was selling her house in Savannah. While, Jay Mayers was working for a construction company before college started for him in late August. Nothing seemed out of order there.

His mind wandered to last night and he smiled staring out the window. The world went about its business living "normal" lives while his family lived a different lifestyle the "normals" could not understand. Most of what his family did behind closed doors would land them in jail in most states. Only two states in the nation allowed incestuous relationships and that was not openly advertised. The rest of the nation and most of the world thought otherwise.

His door opened and Janet entered snapping him back to reality.

"Do you have thirty minutes?" she said with a sly smile.

"I have forty-five till my next meeting. Lock the door."

She giggled and locked the door. It was time for their morning fun. They tried to get some of that in as they left for work early. Having a romp at the Xenos Corp offices was a way for them to have sex early in the day. By now they had it down to an art. She took off her skirt to not rumple it. Brad only loosened his pants.

"I'm so horny," she said reaching for his dick.

"After last night?"

"I know. But I am. Having sex with Jill and Jack is a turn on."

"I bet," he said feeling her ass as her thong covered little of it. "How do you take his dick without being sore?"

"Who said I'm not sore," she said leaning over to take his dick in her mouth. Licking the head all around she pulled her head away and spit on his cock. "Don't waste time. I need you in me."

Brad watched as she leaned over his desk sticking her buns out. Her legs, clad in dark stockings held by a garter belt, were shapelier today as she wore high heels. Brad loved the sight of her from any angle, but today her backside was just breathtaking. As he moved his cock toward her, she reached back pulling her black thong aside. When he felt between her legs with his left hand, his fingers came away wet. She was ready alright.

"Come on. Put it in. I really need you in me."

Brad chuckled and moved his dick closer to her. His head felt her wet slit just as she arched her ass up higher. Brad thrust forward slowly and felt himself enter her. The feeling was heavenly.

-------------

Mid-August 2006 Savannah Ga

The house sold that month. Andrea had an apartment in mind and signed a lease right away. It was close to the college, but in one of the suburbs, not in college town. Jay didn't need those distractions from his studies. His mother was distraction enough.

Andrea made a good deal on the sale of the house. She wisely invested the money through the bank investment branch so it could grow until she was ready to buy something else. She also invested the insurance money from Roberts' death; what was left from paying off the mortgage anyway. There it would grow until she found a good property to invest in.

She had a head for the real-estate game as she was a bank loan officer. They would not be rich, but they would do well enough and get by until Jay was out of school. She had some plans. Andrea would work to make them happen. She wanted to leave Jay something for his future not wanting her son to be a slave to others helping them get rich. They lived in America where opportunity was there for those willing to make it happen. She wasn't' going to squander it.

After moving, she was busy with work and Jay with school. While he threw himself in his studies, she spent time working extra to learn the new branch territory. She had transferred across town to start new and be closer to their new home. In her spare time, she looked at properties. Part of her plans.

They would sleep together, make love when and as they pleased learning to enjoy their new life together. While the weather was still good they drove to the beach on Saturdays staying overnight and driving back on Sunday afternoon. The beach became their getaway. They could sun themselves and swim in the day and screw to oblivion at nights. Andrea felt like she was having a second shot at life, which she was. She was never so happy.

She still ran in the mornings. Jay would try to join her. Being a natural runner, he set their pace, but he was polite and stayed with her when she struggled. After their runs, they would shower together more often than not and be off their separate ways. And in all this time not a word from Leslie.

Andrea would leave her daughter weekly emails and a voicemail once a week. There was no reply. Andrea was always polite in her messages. Jay only sent her one after the summer was over. And it was not pleasant. They received only a one sentence reply two weeks after: 'Give me time.'

----------

People didn't know them and didn't ask questions. Some neighbors just assumed she was living with a younger man. She didn't look much older than him. Most didn't care and minded their own business. Typical of living at an apartment complex in any town USA.

Her new coworkers adjusted to the new face. Most anyway. In less than two weeks, the men realized she wasn't interested in any of them sexually. But she was polite to everyone there, men or women. The women took notice of her looks as much as the men. Women always judge each other and determine the tribal pecking order according to looks more so than the men. But in time it became clear that Andrea was a hard worker. One who chose not to use her looks to get ahead.

One woman was different. Cynthia Barrett had been the alpha female in the bank until Andrea showed up. A slim beautiful leggy blond, she had reigned as the queen of the workplace. Now she was yesterday's babe of the office and knew it; and hated Andrea for it. Andrea wore toned down work outfits and her reading glasses. But she still looked better than the bitch who went out of the way to dress up and show her legs. Andrea noticed, but chose to ignore it, for the moment.

Cynthia stared at Andrea's shapely larger breasts with envy. One look in the mirror and she knew that no matter how slim her waist was, how tight and curvy her ass was, or how great her long legs were, she could never have the appeal of a woman with tits like Andrea. Cynthia had been small breasted all her life. She knew by fifteen that her tits would never grow to the size of girls like Andrea.

Being a single mother hardly left her much money after paying all the bills. Still, she had set some money aside for the "titty fund" as she called it. Maybe someday she told herself. Someday she would be able to do what women like Andrea could do: enter the room tits first. She laughed inwardly at her joke, but at the same time she was envious at the beautiful brunette and had to admit to herself that she found Andrea attractive.

Andrea looked up from her desk and saw the leggy small breasted stunning blond staring at her. They exchanged polite smiles and the blond looked away. 'She is gorgeous! Andrea thought to herself. But she sees me as the competition. I have to be careful of her.' But she made mental note to never trust Cynthia Barrett.

-----------

Lunch time thrills. October 2006 Savannah, GA

It was around the end of that October Heather called her at work.

"Hi Andrea, how are you?"

"I'm good. You?"

"Divorced" Heather responded. "Just got the confirmation from the lawyer this morning. The legal papers are on the way by mail."

Andrea couldn't tell what her friend and ex lover's feelings were. But she did sense excitement in the younger woman's voice.

"Are you ok?" Andrea asked.

"Yeah...long time coming. About time he and I moved on. How about lunch today?"

"Oh hun, hate to put you off, but we have a working lunch today with some new training. Can we do dinner after work?"

"Great...where at?"

"How about my place? Its near here. Come get me. Around five thirty...five forty?"

"I'll be there. Hugs"

"See you then..." Andrea replied, but Heather had hung up.

'That's a surprise' Andrea thought. She and Heather still talked occasionally, but this was quite a development. It would be good to see her again, but she had to let Jay know. Andrea quickly left a voice mail for Jay to call her and went back to work.

Jay called her thirty minutes later.

"Hey hut stuff" was the first thing she heard.

It put a smile on her face. She blushed. He still had that effect on her with compliments.

"How are you?" she replied trying to get the courage to bring up her dinner date with Heather.

"Good, are we still on for lunch?"

"Sure. See you in about thirty?"

"I'll be here."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

Andrea waited for him to click off and put her cell phone down on her desk. His voice had excited her; got her wet. It was strange that their lust had not dissipated with time. She needed to talk to him but found herself thinking how they could have a quickie. Her body was responding to her thoughts. 'I have to stop, for heaven's sake,' I'm at work.

For a second she got paranoid that someone would have noticed. Her office was in a glass enclosure. People from inside the bank could look in. She crossed her legs under her desk and looked back at the loan application she was supposed to review. It wasn't working. She could not concentrate. Not wanting to make a mistake, she stopped to clear her head. She was horny for sure. Horny because of Jay...but it was more than that.

It was the thought that she would see Heather again. Was that the reason she was excited and gushing? Yes, she thought. It's not just her. Or just Jay. The notion of sex with him and seeing her...Wait, she thought. Was she just seeing Heather or was she turned on by thoughts of what may happen? That panicked her. What if she had sex with her and it ruined her relationship with Jay. No...she wasn't going to let that happen.

But she had sex with Jay's friend with benefits Jane in front of him and they were still fine. Could she? She pushed the thought aside. What ever happened was not happening tonight. This was just dinner and then home. And Jay was on his way.

She looked at the clock. Almost time for Jay to meet her down the street for lunch. To keep people from knowing about him, he never came to the bank. Instead they always met outside. She didn't know her coworkers well yet and still felt that her personal life was not their business. Sure she could introduce him as her son that he was. But he was also her lover. In her mind, she was always on guard about being discovered, so for the time being, Jay and her job were separated by her.

For his part Jay had invested in a van of all things, but for good reason. It came in handy for their lunch time trysts. She looked for him when she went out. If he was across the street it was van-fun-time. If not, he was hungry, and she met him at the corner diner.

They did the diner on Fridays, so today being Wednesday she was hoping to see him across the street. She skipped out of the bank with the anticipation of a teenage girl. When she didn't see him at the usual lamp post she felt a pang of disappointment. But she did need to talk to him, so lunch it would be.