Third Time Lucky

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Loud music thumped out of the DJ's speakers positioned at either corner of the small dance floor in the centre of the large room.

"Remember it?" Claire had to raise her voice so I could hear her.

"Unfortunately, yes."

She guffawed at my retort before asking, "Drink?"

"Let me get us a bottle of wine."

"Ok, I'll grab us a table."

A few minutes later, bottle and glasses in hand, we found ourselves a booth and slid in, one of us on each side of the table.

"Does Simon know you're here?" I enquired after I had poured us both a drink.

Claire shook her head, "Nope and what he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow questioningly, "It's not that serious then, the two of you?"

She shrugged, "He wants to keep it casual so it leaves me free to do what I want."

The pair of us clinked glasses and started giggling like naughty schoolgirls.

"What are you going to do about Conner?" She changed the subject to something more serious.

It was my turn to be non-committal, "I have no idea. I sort of hoped that when I came back we might.... you know? But he's with someone now so that's not likely to happen."

"He deserves so much better than that cheating slut." Claire declared venomously.

"Talking of slut's look who has just walked in."

She turned to follow my gaze where Olivia Pendleton stood holding the arm of a tall, dark haired, and much older man who most certainly wasn't Connor McCarthy.

"Oh my God, can you believe the nerve of that girl?"

I frowned unhappily, "Just keep your head down and don't let her see us."

We watched as she disappeared further into the bar with her date before resuming our conversation about her.

"Perhaps he's just a friend?" I suggested not believing it for a second.

Claire snorted, "And I'm a fucking mermaid."

We both chuckled and continued our character assassination of Livvy Pendleton.

By the time we were done our bottle of wine was virtually gone and we had just poured the last of it into our glasses when two men appeared next to our table.

"Evening girls. Can we buy you ladies a drink?"

They were both quite a bit older than us, probably in their forties and formally dressed in suits, making me guess that they had come straight out from work.

"A bottle of the chardonnay please." Claire jumped in and answered before I could say a word.

"Coming right up. Don't go away." One of them said as they headed to the bar.

"What are you doing?" More than a little annoyed I hissed at her.

"Getting us another drink." Came back her giggled reply, "This time for free."

"I could have bought it."

"Come on, they don't look to bad. What do you reckon?" Claire kept her voice low in case they came back.

"Sure, they're great. Now, can we go home please?"

My friend chuckled, "No. We came out to find you a man."

I glanced apprehensively over at the bar, "Seriously? One of those two?"

"He'll look better after a few more drinks." Claire giggled lifting her glass and making me smile along with her, despite my reservations.

"Somehow I doubt it." I said under my breath.

We had barely time to argue about it any further before they returned, one sliding in to sit next to me while the other dropped onto the bench seat with Claire.

"Hi, I'm Justin."

Close up I reckoned I had been right when I guessed he was in his early forties. About 5' 10" with thinning dark hair and dark eyes he gave off a slightly over eager air when he smiled at me.

"Chloe." My reply was a little more acerbic than was absolutely necessary.

"Nice name. What do you do Chloe?"

"I work in fashion. Designing and stuff."

Glancing across the table I could see Claire was already talking quite animatedly to her guy so I, rather grudgingly, did the same.

We had been chatting for around ten minutes; mostly him asking me questions about my life and me fending him off with simple answers, when he asked me to dance.

The DJ was playing an eclectic mix of old and new music and making our way to the dance floor we were soon gyrating to a fast song. I love to dance and, enjoying myself, I was able to push thoughts about Connor to the back of my mind for the moment.

"So, how come I haven't seen you here before." Justin leant in and spoke close to my ear so I could hear him over the thumping bass.

"That's because I haven't been here for some time." As I answered I looked past him to see Claire had appeared on the dance floor with his friend.

"Really. Where have you been hiding for the last six months then gorgeous." Laughing, he said back to me.

Almost shouting so I could be heard I told him, "Rome."

"Wow!" He looked at me in surprise.

I could tell he wanted to ask more but the music was really too loud to hold any sort of proper conversation. So, we continued to dance for a few songs, contenting ourselves with yelling occasionally at each other.

"Drink?" He leaned in close to me again and asked.

I looked at Claire, so she knew we were done for the moment, before letting Julian guide me through the other dancers to an empty booth near the far end of the bar as she, and her guy, followed.

"Well, what do you think?" Claire asked pointedly as the pair of us sat down while the two men went to get the drinks.

"About?"

"Those two? They seem ok, don't they?"

I looked at my friend dubiously, "Ok for what exactly?"

"To have a few drinks with? Go back to their place maybe? You know what I mean."

"What you mean is am I going to sleep with him?" I asked somewhat caustically.

"Basically, yes."

"I don't know Claire. I've only been with two men and I'm not sure I want to add to that list."

"You're still hung up on Connor, aren't you?"

"If, by that, you mean do I love him then yes I do." I told her, the misery obvious in my tone, "I always have."

"It didn't stop you going to Italy for 2 years and taking up with Vincenzo Calieri."

Before I could respond to her comment Julian and his friend, Iain, returned with the drinks and, handing me a glass of wine, he slid in alongside me.

"Thanks." I said, squirming slightly when he put his arm around me.

Across the table Claire smirked knowingly and raised an eyebrow eliciting a frown from me in return.

"If you've never been here before what brings you here tonight?" Julian enquired looking between the two of us.

"I...."

"Chloe here just got back from two years in Italy and she needs to do a bit of catching up. Maybe even find someone to show her a good time."

My best friend interrupted my answer with a suggestive smile.

"You don't say?" It was Julian's turn to smirk and pull me a little closer against him.

Sitting uncomfortably with his arm about my shoulders I let my mind wander on to the subject of Conner and what I was actually doing here.

'Could I really sleep with a guy I had just met?'

Why did being here feel like I was cheating on Connor?'

'Had coming home been a good decision?'

When I had made my mind up to leave Rome I had been convinced it was the right time for me to do it but now, with everything that had happened, I wasn't so sure. I had hoped, deep down, that I might find a way back to Connor but with that now seemingly out of reach I felt there was little else here for me.

"Penny for them." Julian's voice interrupted my musing.

"Sorry I....."

I looked up and immediately forgot my concerns, at least for the moment, when to my surprise I found that, across the table, Claire was already kissing Iain.

Slightly stunned I froze and didn't react when Julian pulled me round towards him, his mouth pressing firmly against mine.

As his tongue probed between my lips I forgot where I was and who I was with, closing my eyes letting the kiss deepen.

I hadn't enjoyed any form of intimacy since the last time I had slept with Vincenzo, several weeks previously. Unexpectedly I felt my body respond and didn't resist, allowing my lips to part, accepting what we were doing.

It was just a couple of seconds later that I sat back, pushing him away, when the realisation of where I was and what was happening hit me.

"You ok babe?" Julian looked at me questioningly

"Err.... yeah... I....." I replied with a nervous smile knowing exactly what was wrong with me.

'There could only be one reason for my reaction to his kiss? Connor.'

Shuffling away from him and taking a sip of my drink, I let the one thought fill my head.

One way or another I had to resolve things with my former boyfriend if I was to ever find any sort of inner peace and move on with my life.

For the next hour or so I tried to keep a little distance between myself and Julian as we had a couple more drinks and spent some time dancing. Although Claire was getting very cosy with Iain, I avoided doing anything more than have a slow dance or two with the man trying to pick me up.

"Why don't we all go back to my place." Julian suggested as another slow tune came to an end.

"I don't know, I'm not sure I....."

Avoiding answering him I extricated myself from his arms and headed back to our booth just as Claire and Iain came to dance.

"Oh, come on it'll be fun. Besides it's just what your friend said you need." He continued insistently, following me.

"I think I'm the best judge of what I need.... and I'd rather not if it's all the same to you."

"Aww come on. Why not?" Julian wanted to know as he slid in to sit alongside me, wrapping his arm about my shoulders yet again.

"I just don't want to." I picked up my drink and took a mouthful.

He gave me a hurt look.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No... it's not you. It.... It's just....."

Before I could finish he interrupted what I was going to say and pulled me towards him, kissing me. His mouth moulded to mine while his tongue forced its way between my lips.

Closing my eyes, I didn't pull away or respond and just sat there, allowing him to kiss me.

Taking my lack of resistance to mean I was willing Julian slid a hand up onto my chest, his fingers curling around my tit to grope my right breast through the thin material of my clothes.

'I can do this?'

'It would just be sex.'

'Why shouldn't I? Other girls do.'

As we continued to kiss, I tried to focus on what Claire had said to me about going out to relax and have some fun, but even then I was aware of the seed of doubt in the back of my mind.

"Oh fuck." Gasping into his mouth I gave up thinking and surrendered, my nipples hardening even more and starting to press out very visibly through my dress.

Despite my concerns I was becoming aroused. Perhaps it was the wine or the fact I hadn't had sex since I had split up with Vincenzo and left Rome. Whatever it was. a virtual stranger's fingers were now sending tremors of pleasure through my body as he kissed me and roughly fondled my twin girls, albeit through my clothes.

His finger and thumb quickly found the hardened bud pressing out through the material and pinching it firmly he sent another flush of warmth down through my pussy.

"Ohhhhhhhh.... shit!"

Shuddering with delight I groaned, my mouth pressed to his as, for a moment, I once again forgot where I was and who I was with.

Fortunately, it was too dark for anyone to see what he was doing so when he dropped his hand down onto my leg and began to trace his fingers upwards under my dress, I didn't protest. Caressing lightly along the soft warm flesh he moved his hand slowly towards the prize waiting for him between my thighs.

Teasing me unmercifully he took his time until, eventually, the tips of his fingers were able to trace along the wet gusset of my pink thong.

"Aaaahhhh.... fuck!"

Biting my bottom lip, I struggled not to cry out to loudly at the intimate touch.

Automatically my legs parted a little wider, my eyes closing tighter while my heart began to race and, encouraged by my apparent acquiescence, he hooked my thong aside as his fingers searched for my moist entrance.

"Oh yes... Connor..... oh God...." Completely lost in what was happening I whimpered my ex-boyfriend's name into his mouth.

"That's it baby... you like that don't you?" Ignoring my words Julian whispered lustfully in my ear.

The sound of his voice jerked me back to reality and opening my eyes I was immediately aware of exactly where I was and what he was doing.

"Stop... stop... get off me, I don't want......" Grabbing his wrist, I jerked his hand out from between my legs, pushing myself back away from him at the same time.

The fact that I was letting a virtual stranger almost finger me in a bar left me feeling used and completely humiliated.

"What's up babe?" Julian sat back smirking salaciously, lifting his finger to his nose, "Maybe you would prefer to go back to my place, then we can be alone?"

"No, I.... I don't want to do this. Get off me." I backed further away from him, my voice rising and causing a few people nearby to look round.

"What the fuck. You were all over me just now you fucking crazy bitch."

He glared at me, clearly starting to get annoyed at my rejection of his advances.

"No... no, I wasn't.... I... I don't want to.. I want to go home."

Pushing Julian aside I stood up and, smoothing down my dress, I stepped past him.

"I'm going to go." I looked around for my friend, struggling not to cry.

"Look, I'm sorry, ok. Sit down and we can talk." He stood up with me, his anger very obvious now.

I shook my head, "I'm leaving. Just tell Claire I went home."

Without waiting for an answer, I started to walk away, heading towards the front of the bar and the way out.

"Why the fuck are you going?" He began to follow me, "Did I do something wrong?"

"I'm going because I don't want to sleep with you." I glowered angrily at him, my heart rate rising.

Together we started to make our way towards the exit, a few people casting curious looks at us as they listened to my irate exchange with Julian.

"Why the fuck not?" Grabbing my arm, he stopped me.

"Because I don't. I....."

Pulling free I stopped mid-sentence and stared at the couple partially hidden in the dim lighting by the wall in front of me.

Oblivious to anyone around her Olivia Pendleton was wrapped in a torrid embrace with the man I had seen her with earlier, making it blatantly obvious he was more than just a friend. Clinging to each other they kissed passionately, her arms about his neck allowing his hands to roam freely over her scantily clad body, cupping her breasts and squeezing her arse.

"What?" He asked before looking round to follow my gaze.

"Her... she...."

"Do you know Livvy?"

Julian looked back and forth between Olivia and me as I continued to stare. His voice reminding me that he was still standing alongside me.

"Yeah I did, we used to be friends once."

"Now.... She's a fun girl. Unlike some around here." He chuckled, "Pity she's with someone tonight."

I turned to stare at him, "Do you know her as well?"

He smirked, "Yeah, I've banged her three or four times over the last few months."

"You know she has a boyfriend, don't you?"

Julian laughed, "Why the fuck should I care about that. She's a decent shag that's all that matters to me."

"That really says it all. Goodbye Julian."

I didn't look back as I walked away, taking my phone from my bag to order an Uber.

It was just before ten the following morning and I had only been up for about thirty minutes when my doorbell rang. Struggling up from my kitchen table and leaving my half-drunk coffee behind I went to open the door.

"Claire what are you doing here?"

"Last night and what happened. It was all about Connor wasn't it?" She asked me, leaving out any form of greeting, as she stepped inside my apartment.

My cheeks coloured and I moved aside to let her in, staring miserably at the floor.

"Yes." I whispered.

"For fuck's sake hon, you can't go on like this. You need to talk to him and tell him how you feel."

"I know but he's....."

"Make me a drink. I haven't had one yet." Then we really have to talk."

Ten minutes later I sat down next to her on my sofa, fresh coffee in hand.

"I guess you're angry about me leaving last night."

She reached for my hand and shook her head, "Not really. I knew you weren't into it."

"Sorry...."

"I left soon after you anyway. Iain wasn't exactly what you would call exhilarating company." Claire chuckled, "How was Julian?"

"Like an octopus, hands everywhere." I shuddered as she reminded me of what had happened, "Did you know he told me he'd fucked Livvy Pendleton."

"No way. I saw her with that other guy so I guess that confirms the rumours that she's a cheating slut."

"Yeah I suppose it does."

"There you go then." She grinned wickedly at me, "Just tell Connor what you've seen and you'll be back with him in no time at all."

"Right. And what if he doesn't believe me and accuses me of causing trouble between him and Olivia?"

"Oh yeah, I see what you mean." She replied after a moment's consideration, "I guess that could make things a little awkward for you."

Despondently I took another mouthful of my coffee not sure what I was going to do.

Somehow I needed to talk to Connor but I knew I couldn't simply confront him with what I had seen. If he decided I was just trying to split them up it might have the opposite effect and he might never want to see me again.

Claire and I continued trying to find a solution to my problem for the next couple of hours before she eventually went home, leaving me to spend the rest of the weekend catching up with my laundry and visiting my mother.

With the matter of my former boyfriend remaining unresolved it was a relief to get back to work on Monday and put the issue of Connor to the back of my mind for a few hours.

Continuing to struggle to find a solution I even tried to contrive a situation where I might bump into my ex-boyfriend on a couple of occasions. Purposefully I dropped into Maggie's coffee shop when I thought he could be there but only ended up even more disappointed when he wasn't.

Coming in early on the Friday I was already in my office when Claire rushed through the door, a big grin on her face.

"Guess what?"

"What?" I looked up irritably, putting down what I was doing.

"Connor's broken up with the slut."

For a moment I simply stared at her, to stunned to take in what she was saying.

"How? I mean what happened?" Struggling to say something sensible I bumbled, "How do you know?"

Ignoring my questions Claire dropped into my visitor's chair, her excitement totally obvious.

"Don't you get it Chloe, now he's available. You can get back with him."

"Wait a minute. How do you know they've broken up?"

She took a pause to breathe, "Melanie Bates told me."

"And just how did she find out?"

"She's friends with Mia Farini who's best friends with Lauren McCarthy, Connor's sister."

"Oh." I remembered the last time I had seen Lauren she had been heading off to university, "Did she tell you what happened? Why they broke up?"

Claire's smile got even bigger.

"Apparently someone sent Conner a couple of photos of his girlfriend getting friendly with that guy at Apparition last Friday. Along with that they told him about a few other guys she was supposed to have been with."

I sat back in my chair struck dumb by what she had told me.

So, what are you going to do?" She continued.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

"What! Why? He's available now."

"Because if I make a move on him Connor will think it was me that sent the photos from the bar and......"

Stopping mid-sentence, I stared accusingly across my desk at my friend as the realisation set in.

"It was you? You sent them."

Claire giggled and blushed, "Guilty as charged."

Open-mouthed I sat there not knowing whether I should be annoyed or delighted.