All Comments on 'Those Famous Five Words Pt. 02'

by GrassIsGreener

Sort by:
  • 225 Comments (Page 3)
SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 1 year ago

PTSD....give me a break. She cheated and with intent, kept hidden the damning information of the apartment playtime. As a reader, I could feel Sharon's pain but for some reason, Jamie seemed somewhat mechanical and even though he was the injured party here, he didn't come across that way. I agree also with Anonymous below, in that the last couple pages lessened the quality of a great story. It would have been better if Steve was found to be fabricating his story to the PI, or that Sharon never confessed and they stayed apart. Regardless of the ending, it was a captivating tale.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I am 73 years old and i have seen a lot of this kind of drama in life and marriages. My wife cheated on me in a way thst isn't all that uncommon. She stole money from me and almost ruined me fiinancially. I am not sure if she cheated sexually. But when i did uncover her wrongdoing she wasnnt embarrased or shameful. She was upset and defensive and denied doing any wrong. She has never ever apologised to this day and we have been married 52 years. Ii still do not know what she did with the money. But i loved her at the time and she destroyed my trust. I have stayed with her and made a life with her and to my knowledge she hasn't done this any more. People do stupid things sometimes. I have forgiven her and i try to give her a comfortable life. No one is perfect. I tbink he was overreacting and was to harsh. I would have simply went to an attorney and had a rigid postnup written detailing that if she did tbis again she walked away from the marriage with absolutely nothing. Then if she signed it we would try to restore the relationship, if not then this is where it would be very negative.

BSreaderBSreader12 months ago
I

Liked the ending the husband was idiot. He should also gone after Steve's company and Steve for destroying there marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I thought it was an excellent depiction of how cheaters/liars will refuse to admit or disclose any information unless confronted with proof and I've seen them still refuse admission, her forgetting about the intimate apartment meeting seamed way to convenient, and her unwillingness to admit fault for having an "emotional affair" simply stating she didn't cheat. The point should have been made that what she did was wrong, and unless she could see why it was wrong, then there is no lesson learned and no reason to believe that other "not cheating" incidents won't happen in the future. Until she owned her transgression and understood why it was wrong, he shouldn't take her back let alone remarry her.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Her last outbreak at the therapist was bullshit. "in story" they agreed those 3 items weren't cheating... However take all 3 items as a whole, 3 months emotional affair, the kissing, the making out, and the not being honest. put all together and you get a different story...

As an example: its not illegal to wear all black clothing, its not illegal to be in a residential area at 4:00 AM, its not illegal to carry a crowbar or other tools. however a guy dressed all in black in a residential area, at 4 AM with a crowbar can be said to be prowling by the police...

TotosRevengeTotosRevenge11 months ago

Very mixed emotions from your story. A very well-written and thought provoking story. Hopefully I will sort it out someday. Thanks for sharing with us.

noonenscnoonensc11 months ago

Well I enjoyed the story despite the fact that there were a few plot features that really bothered me. 1) Jamie's jump to extreme anger at the beginning of the story seemed pretty far over the top. 2) She completely and really blanked out and forgot the evening making out at her boyfriends apartment, is not something that I believe could happen in real life. 3) Jamie goes from being a total hard-ass about the marriage being over in one paragraph to proposing marriage the next with no explanation? Feels like the author got tired of the story and just wanted to end it quickly. But the main point of the story, an emotional affair is still an extra-marital affair, is something that I wholly agree with. And a long term emotional affair is a lot worse than a one night sexual encounter, especially if there is unwavering emotional commitment to the husband for the case of the one night sexual encounter.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

MC has got to be the biggest AH in any literoica story. Sharon should be glad to be rid of this pompous, arrogant douche.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He got unbelievably lucky that she was so in love with him that she took him back, She should have spat straight at him "You hypocritical bastard, it's a no. Just for the record kids I suppose Tanya, the woman he has already slept with, must have turned him down first!".

He was so quick to condemn her for crossing a few lines yet he is eyeballing his attorney within months of the divorce process beginning and he's in bed with her within heartbeats of getting his formal divorce. Oh but that's alright because it was just friends with benefits.

Who initially opened this can of worms. He did with his secret interest in LW stories and cheating. Then he got all arsey and pompous when she played it the way he'd read about thinking it was what he wanted her to do and he proceeded to play it in all the error prone ways LW stories run to.

One big gaping plot hole: Why didn't her attorney get together with Carter to ask what else might have happened that Steve was holding out to hear? At the very least he could have got corroboration on Sharon's story and spotted the "gap" round that apartment visit before it was all too late.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Twisted is all I can say.

MasterKoteMasterKote10 months ago

There were certain parts of the story that was all jumbled and confusing. Also, the shrink and wife's definition of cheating is absurd if they think everything he listed was not considered cheating. She was basically dating the other guy behind the hubby's back; they met, talked about intimacy, had lunch/dinner and made out while she was married without the hubby's knowledge. If u think that's just "inappropriate" like lines weren't crossed and not considered cheating, then u need to get your head checked. BTW, there is only 1 line when it comes to cheating and not like a freaking football field where each yard is different levels of cheating with the end zone being sex. Cheating is cheating period!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hmm... A complicated story. it could have been better for all concerned if he had confronted her earlier. She wouldn't have denied it. Still happy for the reconciliation...

James G 5James G 58 months ago

What the actual fuck was that?

She throws a shrieking temper tantrum and he takes her back?

Why did I spend 4 pages on this?

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

As a whole story the plot line was good, but this part was just not right, he was a nutter, I think it’s a shame that you ended it how you have but it’s you’re story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This was neither reasonable or rational, that being said people are neither reasonable or rational.

SNPHLoverSNPHLover6 months ago
Very good until the rushed ending.

I don’t mind a RAAC story but how but it get from a ex-wife losing it during counselling session to a marriage proposal. That gap needed filling and maybe not just how the ex-husband reconciled with his beliefs on cheating. Maybe she should have started to find a significant other that brought him to his senses.

TommywinklesTommywinkles6 months ago

Thank you another great story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Writer needs to bone up on the term "Emotional Affair" (EA). An EA is JUST AS DAMNING to a relationship as ANY physical relationship. Sharon had an EA, sharing with Steve intimate information of her relationship with Jamie, She was also thinking (Toying with the idea) about, wanting, desiring a relationship with Steve. She called Steve many times, asking HIS opinion on things, when she should have been communication with Jamie. She was then lessening the amount of attention she gave to Jamie. Sharon was trying to earn Steve's trust, instead of Jamie's. She may not have had sex with Steve, but her heart was already gone.

Sharon NEVER admitted that she did, in fact, CHEAT on Jamie, even to the end.

Jamie had a RIGHT to be angered and hurt that she was not giving him the FULL ATTENTION that he deserves as her husband. Jamie was fully within his rights to divorce her based on the evidence. Their marriage was irrevocably damaged. Their relationship would have never been the same again, regardless of counseling. Jamie would, from that moment on to the end of their relationship, always be watching for any further signs of cheating from her. The trust in their relationship would be gone.

In the end, however, the end was rushed and the last section, or epilogue, was disconnected from the rest of the story. I think that an entire paragraph or more was deleted?

In this epilogue, Jamie, who had been holding out for 8+ months to get her to admit the truth, and to tell why she did it, suddenly does a 180 and takes her back. I think not. Writer did a bad job of showing the change of his mind. The answer of why was never answered by Sharon, and as I stated already, she never admitted what she did wrong, or make a true apology to her true crime.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I don't think the author understands that "inappropriate" and "cheating" overlap. The ending kind of flubbed it. For a reasonable reconciliation, the wife/ex-wife's conviction that she didn't cheat needed to be challenged and overcome. And, in my marriage which is not particularly unique, passionate kissing and fondling is definitely cheating as is the emotional affair and simply going to this guy in the first place instead of talking about her kinky idea with her husband before she brought anyone else into their marriage. I think the author lost the plot.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He fucked his slut of an attorney. How is he, the King of standing on principle concerning minute detail, going to make amends for that? There is no way that gets swept under the rug. Looks like a Hall Pass for the wife comes with that new ring. That is beyond ironic.

HighBrowHighBrow3 months ago

Should have all been handled in one part. This second part added nothing except a one-page ending.

60022Mallard60022Mallard3 months ago

I'll give it a 4,

The phrase about male ego getting in the way is a familiar one in LW stories. The MC certainly suffered from it is this story in spades.

By the end I was hoping she would tell him to "go away" and enjoy living off him.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

one paragraph and the story is complete. Jamie fucked up reading stories by this writer and then spent 10,000 words that was a bunch of gobblety gook with nothing of value to enhance what would normally be the plot and conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Easy critique… Jamie is a complete and utter asshole. What a stupid dickhead.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

l am a guy and this story is complete fucking bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGrassIsGreener@GrassIsGreener
I love reading and writing about a faithfull wife who cheats and then what happens as a result of her infidelity

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES