All Comments on 'Those Famous Five Words Pt. 02'

by GrassIsGreener

Sort by:
  • 224 Comments
carindenniscarindennisover 2 years ago

VERY tough to score. She HAD an emotional affair. Here we all are reading one LW story after another, I personally don't take it as a"fetish", nor do I want my significant other to step out of our marriage.

Sharon failed the "spouse test" so IMHO she deserves no second chances, there was no "high horse" Jamie was wronged. If Sharon caught Jamie with Tanya post flagrant- though shit bitch, you threw him away.

Judge Carin's decision from the Kanagroo Court of Useless Opinions: Sharon was the guilty party, and NOT DESERVING of a reconciliation.

Remember OPINIONS are like assholes, everyones got one and they ALL sink.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

This was like listening to Abbot and Costello's "Who's On First" 10,000-times while on meth! The dialogue went numbingly circular a few times. Plus, how does anyone start out on a Seek & Destroy mission on your wife based on what could've been a complete lie by a seducer? What POS like that doesn't brag, and unless the PI gives him a polygraph, how could any rational man use that as 'evidence'? No, the reasonable person would've confronted her. Hell, he just spent north of at least $10K-15K on a PI, and the wife can't see that dent in their bank account? Getting from A-Z didn't have to be this torturous for the reader. In the end, the guy finally woke up, but how does SHE now forgive that ordeal her husband put her through, worthy of Torquemada himself! 4/5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a nothing ending. It’s as if the author got bored. PTSD from a finger banging.?

management91399management91399over 2 years ago

This guy is an asshole, I don't think I've ever disliked a main character so much in one of these stories. They need to get remarried, she needs to take out a Billion dollar life insurance policy on him and then push him off a cliff.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

At least you were honest in your tags that it is a cuck story

.

and what is it with the idea that if the cock isnt inserted into a pussy it isnt cheating?

.

Holding hands is fucking cheating

romantic meatings are cheating

planning to fuck others who arent your spouse is cheating

P in V sex is just the cherry on top

Gmann006Gmann006over 2 years ago

I didnt see the ending coming

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She'd have been better off without him. He'll never let it go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Disgusting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a pathetic last section.

You put all the work in with part one and the first 3 pages of part two then close it down with such a weak ending.

If you can’t come up with a better plot line, give some serious thought to future writing. This story was a waste of readers time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OMG what a fuckin Bad ending, i feel completely cheated and disrespected by this RAAC shiit last 10 lines ending.

I was hoping for a séparation and all the story lead to this and in 10 lines toi completely changed

1 star insteed of 5

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

Err what happened at the end there?

Sharon threw a fit about the semantics of labelling her 3-month emotional affair as cheating... so Jamie decides to propose to her after she starts giving him the cold shoulder? Why? They still haven't addressed why she was tempted to cheat on him and started flirting with Steve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An otherwise fairly good story let down by a rushed, barely coherent ending. The fact reconciliation in and of itself is not necessarily a problem, but it wasn’t earned or developed in the story.

Also, what Sharon did was unambiguously cheating - the story’s thematic treatment of that is all muddled. The central conflict would be more interesting if there hadn’t been any overtly sexual contact between her and Steve. Once there was, she lost her grounds to argue.

cordialddcordialddover 2 years ago

Good story but he's a little hardheaded and could have saved a lot of time and money.

Baldy74Baldy74over 2 years ago

Is there going to be a chapter 3? Surely that ended way too soon?

kdad9010kdad9010over 2 years ago

I think you’re missing a paragraph or two. I enjoyed it but why the sudden change of heart in Jaime. Everything else was rationalized and discussed for many paragraphs but when the BIG decision to reconcile came up (which I was for) there was barely a word about it.

Anyway thank you for sharing this.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 2 years ago

Wow!

That made no sense.

You might just as well have her say;

"We agree that exercising is not cheating and that moving my right knee far to the right is not cheating. So moving my left knee to the left is not cheating. And saying 'fuck me harder' while he plowed me was just a conversation, and that is clearly not cheating! "

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

I got hooked with the story.

Wow all those alpha male moves of Jamie only in the end he turns around.

Well I can understand what he did. That will bw hard lesson for Sharon not to mess up the second time because SHE IS REPLACEABLE with someone better.

/

Nice work GraaIsGreener.

No cucks here.

I hate cuck stories.

Emyrthil2001Emyrthil2001over 2 years ago

Did I miss the part where he did anything wrong by sleeping with the lawyer? They were divorced. She came to his place unannounced. He didn't owe her anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Tedious, just tedious.

Personally, I couldn't get past the self-righteous hypocrisy of someone hammering endlessly about honesty, all the while hiring private investigators, laying verbal traps, making demands.

And, considering how he followed up on that sense of entitlement, I have to wonder why Sharon stayed with him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow what a prick Jamie was. Sharon was better off without him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is train wreck. All characters unlikable, poor plotting, intractability of the husband, amnesia.... This is the sausage is stories....a little bit of everything thrown in.

XimandXimandover 2 years ago

1 star

Pointless.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

What a ridiculous comedy. I can't argue with your writing ability, that's a good thing, but this story is ridiculous! That's why you only get 1 * from me. I feel you covered the comedy. If you had planned a reconciliation after the divorce was filed, I could still have understood, but after these incidents, no!

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Good One.

Wife had a bad bout of stupidity but at least did not sleep with the other guy.

Husband had character to fight & punish her for her indiscretion.

Good point raised that disrespect is very hurting. Infidelity need not mean just sex. Kissing, making out and inappropriate touch is also part of the Infidelity universe.

5/5

francemanfrancemanover 2 years ago

Thank you for this great story.5⭐

Ekim730Ekim730over 2 years ago

I did not see the clues that le to the ending . The husband was consistent until the end. That was the difference between rating 4 or 5 stars

Bh76Bh76over 2 years ago

She should move on and be happy. Jamie isn’t worth a reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
The ending

It makes no sense he would take her back at that point

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am also crying hysterically at all of them

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stoopid

And way too drawn out

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

A story loses any appeal when you hit something so stupid that you can no longer read after that. In this case, the story is that the Judge stated that a therapist's report would become a public record which could never happen in any universe of reality -- both because divorce proceedings are confidential and second a plethora of laws and regulations prohibit disclosure of such therapist reports . Then Judge rendered a ruling based on double hearsay evidence that was presented by one side and withheld from other side -- that would never happen. After these two stupidities, I really stopped caring, because the story had lost any sense of credibility.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can not believe that Jamie would wreck his marriage by not disclosing the small point in the grand scheme of their union, by not discussing his concern with Sharon. Didn't care for the story as it shows how infantile a man can be.

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 2 years ago

So he just shifts course in the middle of a rant after his ex wife gets pissed while trying to justify her actions...

I agree with the other comments abiut your writing abilities, but...

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

If he stuck a broom head on the end of the stick up his ass he could do what us guys are supposedly incapable of doing, he could multitask,

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

A reasonably well written story. The subject matter not well told.

She was stupid, he was an ass. IMHO she did cheat. But he was an ass.

What the road to Damascus epiphany for Dan was is a bit beyond me, that part of the story got lost in the translation.

Worth 3/5 just for the confusion at the end.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

What a bunch of crap.

BrentJWBrentJWover 2 years ago

Well done story. The biggest plot hole for me was the whole basis for the story. We’re supposed to believe that Sharon can recall with pretty good detail the entire sequence of her relationship with Steve up until the last time they met, but can’t remember the latest time, when she went to his apartment, had dinner and an hour make out session culminating with his fingers in her pussy whereupon she guiltily rushes home. She wracks her brain for months trying to remember what Jamie might know to save her marriage and she can’t remember that? Jamie was a type A asshole and Sharon was a cheater, they deserve each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Relationship deal breakers are up to the individual. Typically, when a relationship turn serious the individuals in the relationship should make sure that their individual relationship deal breakers are completely communicated and understood by the other party. If the two parties can't agree on relationship boundaries especially the ones considered "deal breakers" the the relationship is doomed to failure. Better to end it sooner than later and find the individual that shares ideas on relationship boundaries.

The reconciliation at the end came out of left field and was awkwardly handled. Certainly wasn't earned and Sharon was still in denial to the bitter end that her emotional affair and inappropriate actions wasn't cheating. Unfortunately, whether its a deal breaker isn't up to her, the councilor or even the judge that all rest with Jamie. Jamie rolls at the end and compromises his own ethics and standards, so that pretty much made everything that occurred before pointless and meaningless.

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

all that sh!t she did was cheating. Kissing someone is cheating. letting someone feel you up is cheating. Any inappropriate relationship is cheating. The hair splitting was ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There is nothing in this story to explain, insinuate, or in any way make believable that Sharon "Forgot" going to Steve's apartment, having dinner, discussing how to embark on a sexual relationship, and initiate that sexual relationship with intimate kissing, touching, and genital stimulation. Sharon "forgot" that Jamie asked Sharon what she did while he was traveling, who she saw, where she went, what sort of activities occupied her time? And she "forgot" the lies she told him, how she spent her Saturday evening? She forgot coming home from Steve' apartment, forgot removing her clothes, the clothes she was wearing when Steve stimulated her clitoris and penetrated her vagina, which in her words felt wonderful? And it was not her memory, but something she saw on her phone that reminded her of meeting Steve for foreplay? Then, despite this complete blackout mental block, she now remembers Everything she and Steve did that night at his apartment?

Complete Bull Shit. A major plot fault. And we know it was a plot fault because the whole issue the author wants to portray after the big revel is: What Constitutes Cheating? Uh . . . ., what about how can Jamie ever trust Sharon to tell him the complete truth in the future, if when she does something really wrong her brain somehow covers it up so that even Sharon "forgets" what she has done? Sharon revealed a major mentel dysfunction, PTSD if you like, and that significant mental lapse is completely glossed over, even ignored, even trivialized. Sharon just wants to forget that she forgot and ask, OK, is groping, which she stopped from going further, REALLY cheating?

But Sharon's behavior was never the big fault for Jamie, it supposedly was her refusal to tell the truth. Now Sharon reveals that she is capable of completely "forgetting" whatever she doesn't want to admit. Of course it begs the question, what else has Sharon "forgot" over the course of her marriage?

It was a great idea for a plot, but your attempt to explain Sharon's behavior is, like Sharon, unbelievable.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don’t get all the hate for the MC. Why is he considered such a jerk? She had a 3 month inappropriate relationship with another man. She told MC she wanted to have sex with the other guy. He said no. He needed to KNOW he could trust her if they stayed together. In order for him to KNOW that, his test for her was her being completely honest about ALL of the affair. She failed. He stayed consistent and realized he couldn’t trust her if she continued her lies. Why is he wrong for that? As for Tanya, the MC was divorced and she was also single. He didn’t owe Sharon anything at that point. Sharon showed up at his house unannounced. No fault to the MC for that either. Honestly, the story was good, it’s many of the comments that suck. If she’s been totally honest right from the start, they would have never gotten divorced and there would have been no Tanya.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As far as I am concerned, splendid. An absolute five. I found the back and forth, and the internal dialogues, to be credible and have depth. Did not see the ending coming. Yes, I suppose it was a bit abrupt. On the other hand, for the story to show Jaimie's mental processes between the joint session with Rachel and the Christmas dinner would have telegraphed the ending. I agree with the author's judgment that it was better to leave those deliberations out, so as to delight the reader with a surprise. Also nice to see Dr. Rachel Millwood again. I'm also surprised to see the harsh criticism from Legio_Patria_Nostra who is usually more insightful and supportive of other writers' efforts. Well, nobody's perfect, since I respectfully disagree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"That depends on one's definition of intimate. That is only secondary. The main issue, as far as I'm concerned, is honesty." Yep, the wife betrays him for 3 months, but because this is a "sophisticated" LW author, it's just the lack of "respect" resulting from her failure to tell him the whole truth that matters. I guess in LW author land, the 3 month affair didn't show a lack of respect. The wife's "block", the counselor and the judge characters are also stale LW cliches.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The husband is a jerk.

slaverowanslaverowanover 2 years ago

Sharon should tell him to get stuffed, and move on herself. She’s far better off without the hypocritical lying gas-lighting narcissist that is Jamie.

This is a man who sets traps and mind games for the supposed love of his life?

She’s not his wife, she was his prey. Shown for the nasty predator he was. Repugnant characters.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a bunch of idiots. Not sure which character in this story is the most stupid. Probably the husband; talk about "cutting off one's nose to spite his own face".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really don't understand how she or the therapist would not say that what she did was cheating. I agree it is up to the offended party as to how severe it is and what actions may result. But it is cheating. I know if I went to a bar, made out with another woman, did not have intercourse or oral sex, my wife would not approve and rather than just say it in inappropriate she would say I cheated. Maybe not divorce (I hope) but it would be cheating.

AbctoyAbctoyover 2 years ago

Good Read. For me 5*

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

I don't remember reading a story with a couple as dumb as these two are. How could Sharon forget going on a dinner date with Steve where he fingered her?. Than to stay a Jamie's apartment with him flaunting his penis and his FWB with attorney. His relentless pursuit of truth once he knew she was only fingered. The money spent and then their getting back together. It was well written as it did get me pissed.

ThorlolThorlolover 2 years ago

Pretty good story. I also agree that the ending was a surprise. Jamie was consistent right until the end. I dont had the feeling that he was riding on a high horse or whatever. What someone defines as cheating is different from person to person but can easily aswered with 'What would you do in front of your husband/boyfriend'. Her mental block was imho the weakest point of the story but shouldnt have any real consequence. What matters is what she did and what she wanted to do. She cant deny her 'intimate' relationship with the other guy. It was basicially traditional beginning of dating. Whats worse is that they conspired to together for her to cheat on her husband. Both were ok with it in general, without bad feelings. If the kiss in the public wasnt wanted from her side, why would she even go to his appartment. If she really wanted the permission of her husband, why would she fooling around with the guy and let him finger her. Those are all things you wouldnt do in front of the husband and more than inappropriate and lets not forget all the planning to cheat in the background. Turn the situation arround, would it be appropriate if the husband would go 2-3 times a week to a dinner date with a woman. Make out and get a handjob? Its just inappropriate so why should it matter right? Nothing that could break a marriage since its not cheating right? Other than the reconciliation without substance in the end it was a good one. There should be more than Sharon being mad about Jamie having a FWB relationship as the reason for it since that was actually appropriate because they were divorced wich means not in a relationship.

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

A type personalities are a pain in the ass, move on Sharon

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

The ending was a bit too RomCom for me. I thought the counseling session at the end would have lead to more enlightened moment between Jaime and Sharon,. She remembered and admitted to sneaking behind her husband back by going to Steve’s home. He addressed his needs and fears for trust and honesty between two loving partners. Both may have decided to communicate further and build on this re-newed relationship which might have lead to a future reconciliation. The ending was a bit shitty because it invalidated everything that was done up to that point. Why go through the divorce? It did not address his concerns that she won’t get another case of the stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yes... 3 things separate was not an issue. But combine all 3 and yes we have a problem. Plus there was the issue of being truthful. A to b to c. Not a to c.

Ending way too quick. Maybe someone else will make a better ending?

MwestohioMwestohioover 2 years ago

Terrible ending.

And the response to did you really date your lawyer and make out in front of your ex-wife should have been:

First she is no longer my lawyer. Second Sharon came over with no notice when I was on a date. Third I kissed my date goodnight. There is no hoo boy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mattenw is right on target. Writing is excellent, story is ridiculous. Courtroom drama is ludicrous. Wife's adulterous behavior is documented and the basis for the filing so the judge gives her more than she was asking for? At no point was reconciliation justified. Sharon forgot that she went another man's apartment for dinner and a make out session? Yeah right. And she keeps saying that she wouldn't have sex with another man unless Jaime agreed to it implies she still wants to cheat on him. Completely outside the bounds of reason. Pass poor ending to what could have been a classic.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Excellent story but man I'm torn on this one. The reconciliation in this one doesn't bother me but Jamie lost a lot of my respect and a lot of that is on the author. Having him hook up with his lawyer really took a lot away from the story for me. I know he was divorced but it still didn't feel right to me. 4* mainly because you spin a good tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She totally forgot going to his apartment? I must say that I find that terribly hard to believe. We have no evidence of illnesses or drug use. We have no examples of memory loss in other situations. Yet, somehow we are supposed to believe that her memory completely blocked out the entire episode in her lover’s apartment. It’s just too damn convenient for me to buy.

By the way, going to your lover’s apartment and getting his fingers up your test is damn sure cheating, high horses not withstanding.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

Grass

I have to say that Jamie, in the long run, is a real ass. He kept demanding respect and honesty, yet he didn't give her any. If playing semantics was his thing, he had sex with Tanya before his divorce was final, so he cheated too. Sharon was at fault, thinking that flirting and kissing couldn't be considered cheating. In all honesty, I don't see this future marriage lasting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

she was playing the whore when the divorce was final he should have moved out of town and found another place to live and work from too much bullshit amongst them it was time to move on

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Convoluted mess sprinkled with ridiculous bullshit! Get real, what person forgets going to a "lovers" apartment????

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked the story, although I agree that the main character was pretty rigid in his thinking. I think you mentioned in an early prologue that you self edit. In order to be a good story teller, the use of the language needs to be better than average. Using a spell/grammar check would correct many of your errors and the story would read better.

Keep writing, but try to edit for grammar and spelling, I am an engineer but my wife and her family and my family going back to their arrival in American in 1862 were all educators and I taught at the college level and wrote technical articles and books for all of my career (I am 78 and still consult). I had to learn to write for publishing - A's in English lit, Business writing, Technical writing did not spare me a learning curve when I wrote for publication. My opinion is that you have the content pretty well figured out (learn from the useful feedback) and need to pay more attention to the simple things like proper word usage, spelling and the proper use of commas.

I am anonymous because Lit has not helped me to be a "member" for many years. I have two user names and three email addresses that have confused the system completely (I have tried and tried to get someone's attention to help me get one user name and one email connected so I can post and comment. lronically, there may be some errors in this comment, but I have just been diagnosed as one of those vaccinated folks that have covid, and I am a bit rattled.

Best regards, Auto Expert

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Husband was a monumental prick, if there were trust/respect issues, just get it out on the table and sort it, if that meant divorce so be it. He was so engrossed in the minutia and being 'in the right' he lost all sympathy. Ending was ridiculous, wife should run away, far and quickly

ibbunkibbunkover 2 years ago

Unreadable in it's present form.

There's a story in there somewhere, but it's totally submerged under endless repetitive dialogue.

Needs major editing.

You can't base an entire long story on, "did you lie to me?".

Over and over!

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 2 years ago

Personally, I have no issues with Jamie. He’s the victim here. His W cheats on him, won’t come clean (sorry, but I don’t buy the selective memory BS) and then he loses 40% of his business and half of everything else.

He then starts an adult relationship with his former attorney, who seems to be a trade up from his cheating, lying XW. He should have kept the FWB and moved on.

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 Stars!!

Base on the comments, the author managed to intensely stir up the emotions of all the readers either through well placed plot holes or sheer dumb luck. That's why the 5 star rating.

Now, I would like to start by saying that the author stuck to his guns through the entire story about honesty. Yes, the wife screwed up and she did have an affair. There was a clear point that was defined of a minimum requirement that must be met to move in order to reach a resolution forward. The wife failed in being totally honest. One major plot hole, I don't believe for a second that someone can just forget the night at her lover's apartment and claim PTSD on it. It was the driver for her going on the 1 month hiatus from the relationship until she asked for the hall pass. It's just not credible and as such, the author deserves the ire of the reviewers. I thoroughly believed it needed to be a BTB story, but the wife did confess to the "OH! I forgot!" night with her lover which satisfied the requirements for RAAC so the author finished it with that type of ending.

Still scratching my head with a "WTF did I just read" expression on my face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just a classic example of a well written plot mess.

.

We are supposed to buy in to the idea that Jamie will reconcile with Sharon if only she admitted to everything he knew? Or thought he knew? But he lets it go all the way to divorce when she doesn’t, and he NEVER confronts her with knowing about the visit?

.

And we are to believe that she REALLY “forgot” about the playtime at the guy’s apartment? Huh?

.

And then…after all of that, the useless counselor somehow hets Sharon to remember? After all that time?

.

And then when she does…and without a shred of evidence for how and why she could have forgotten, she expected Jamie to accept that?

.

And then this hard nosed inflexible asshole DOES????

.

Sigh……just too many illogical bridges to cross. Technically well written….but another recent submission where the actual story being told just made no sense.

.

3 ***

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 2 years ago

OK....Not sure what to think. That was a sudden twist!. Wow.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Alot of errors but the story is pretty far fetched. She still doesn't think she cheated and he plans on remarrying her? If u ask me their problems never really got solved. I'm not expecting him to stay divorced but at least I think he's waiting for her to realize the error in her ways but the ending just glossed over that tidbit. What's remarrying going to accomplish? Might as well not of divorced and wasted all that time if there were just going to remarry right away without truly fixing the issue. There are still holes in the plot and doesn't seem finished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jamie was right to demand honesty. But Sharon getting a mind block because she was seriously upset about the visit to Steve’s apartment is too unbelievable. Jamie sleeping with his lawyer was unforgivable.

For me the best bit is all about definition of cheating. The way Sharon analyzed Jamie, Rachel and the Judge’s assessment of cheating scenarios was simply brilliant! A 5 just for the ending.

McDingelMcDingelover 2 years ago

Very long-winded. I would ask how Sharon could not remember letting Steve stick his finger inside her? This "lack" of acknowledgement is the crux of the matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Chapter 2 crashed and burned for me. The idea that she somehow forgot about going to his apartment and getting felt up is ludicrous!! That event would have been the crowning moment of her three month affair. She was hardly traumatized from the experience. Yes, she had a come to Jesus moment and run out but traumatized to the point of not remembering or blocking it out of her memory come on get real. And even remotely trying to link it to PTSD is an insult to people that really do have PTSD. Then the clichés of all LW clichés hooking up with his lawyer after the divorce who just happened to conveniently be divorced also. Like I said after a really good Chapter 1 this chapter crashed and burned.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

I'm giving myself a gold star, I read this cumbersome, wordy bitch all the way through. Slash, cut, reduce words! Yes it's fiction. I know. However the "forgetting going to his apartment" is a bridge too far. It doesn't compute. The list of "What's cheating" is ludicrous. You have multiple pages on one lie with nothing else to support all those words. It is obviously a lot of work to write this much and I admire the tenacity but can't see the reason for going on and on about the same thing. 3* is the best I can do.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Damn

Terrible ending. This was a four star tale. It was five util the ending. Basically the husband pussied out. Now she gets to call Steve again. She has to get even. Damn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Inception was good, execution and length.......meh. Repetition and lack of other factors to cause it......accomplished.

Still well written but needs serious editing and clean up.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

It was a lot of writing (not to mention reading on our part) but in the end it was a walk through quicksand.

The husband was too rigid and she was too stupid. The therapist was an idiot. And god only knows why I kept reading after this well worn LW cliche " I don't know what your ego is making you do, but it's hurting you and us."

Ummmm...its always a stupid phrase regardless of writer or quality of story.

For someone who was hell bent on having respect I found it odd that hubby proposed simply because the idiot he divorced has a screaming hissy fit and stormed out of the session. Made no real sense because any normal person could tell you her "PTSD" was pure bull shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wife was an asshole through and through. She demands a hall pass, after having an affair. Refuses to tell the truth on several occasions. Judge -- a disinterested party -- and the therapist, another disinterested party agree that there was an affair.

After all that shit, he tries to be cordial, and she is STILL being an asshole. So he proposes ANYWAY ?

That's the definition of a RAAC, 180 degrees off where his character was until that point. The ending ruined it.

I regret wasting my time, because the author forced a square peg through a round hole with a sledge hammer at the very end in the name of RAAC.

TatankaBillTatankaBillover 2 years ago

I enjoyed reading this in the early going but all that scorekeeping and bloodless rationalizing got me down eventually. I began completely on Jamie's side, in sympathy with him for his wife's very real cheating but in the end he's just a punctilious prick. I went from why would he want her any more to why in hell would she want him back. Granted she's a liar- who forgets going to a boyfriend's apartment and getting fingerfucked? But, given that she did in fact forget,maybe they deserve each other. They make a good team. She can continue to forget important milestones and he can continue forgetting nothing.

Nonetheless, most of this was very well written- if a bit convoluted- and made for an interesting read. Thanks for posting it. I'll definitely read more of your stories.

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 2 years ago

I liked the story but there is no real ending ,how did they do after I gave you 4 stars but looking for more keep it up I will read more of your stories for sure

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have given you at least a 4.5 but unfortunately Lit. only deals in whole numbers . You were in places a little dis-jointed , but if this happened to me , I would have hammered her ass til I got the truth , like you did .

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
The story seems to just go in circles

Not much happening here

WwoodyWwoodyover 2 years ago

I'm not sure of what I think of this one, I started off agreeing with the husband, but the way he drug the bullshit out, it made him look like a major league prick compared to the "villain ". Started with 5 🌟 but changed my mind to 2 🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story had a great premise. But it just dragged on and on. None of the characters were particularly likable, except maybe the judge, who at least had a sense of humor. And although it seems to frequently happen in Lit stories, I think sleeping with someone who represented you, even though you fired her (ten minutes ago) is still frowned upon.

Finally, the end was really jarring and abrupt. I’m sure you lost points from the BTB crowd since Jamie took her back, but it was all just a little too “no no no no no no YES” in my book.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

OK, ... I'm giving this story 4 stars with this comment. Both parts are only 7 pages total. WTF? You really,...Really,...REALLY! Need to get someone to proof read your stories and help you edit them. The bones of your story were good. But what was your rush? It's to disjointed and loaded with mistakes. You want to read good story telling look at some of the stories of Oshaw, or any of the other writers that have stories with rankings of 4.65 or better. You will find there stories are edited and polished and complete before they are published. Maybe English is not your primary language. What ever your problem is, slow down, set your stories aside for a bit then re-read them. There is no real rush is there? Look for your mistakes, you make to many and it hurts your rating. If you can't do it yourself, ask for help, most will help you just for a mention or the chance to help another writer. And please! Stop breaking up your stories and publishing the parts days apart. Can you imagine a book publisher trying to sell the first half of a novel without the second half.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A good plot idea lost in a jumbled story with repetitive debate about what hypothetical events defined cheating. The characters were poorly constructed unless they were supposed to be cartoonishly ugly that the ending was unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretentious Prick. Inappropriate behaviors. When he asked her to remarry she should have said no and to fuck off and be with his attorney. It might have been a good short 1pager and I was surprised that her attorney did not interview and verify her statements about Steve, it would have saved 2 pages.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

I scratch my head at the commenters who think Sharon wasn't cheating, other than maybe you've done the same thing as her and are covering for your own infidelity. An emotional affair is a step over the line into infidelity, don't delude yourselves thinking otherwise. Physical contact, intimacy are just further steps taken once you're already over that line. I'm not sure I would have done what Jamie did at the end, but I love how the writer "surprised" us with the proposal and it made sense in retrospect. Kudos for that - 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There is an old joke that defines an opera as a play in which, when the tenor gets stabbed, instead of dying, he sings.

In LW, when the husband is betrayed, instead of leaving or divorcing or seeking revenge—he talks...and talks...and talks.

The corollary is that, in the writer and reader’s fantasy world, the wife and the friends and the family and the neighbors and the lawyers...all listen. Forever and forever.

News alert.

Nobody gives a shit. And nobody has to listen. And nobody will.

Get over yourself.

looking4itlooking4itover 2 years ago

I don’t care how it ended. Jamie is one of the biggest jerks I have read about on this site that wasn’t the wife’s lover. His near manic attitude kept me from having any sort of sympathetic or empathetic feelings for him or his point of view. The subplot at the end where he and his lawyer become friends with benefits was just inane.

timrivtimrivover 2 years ago

Unbelievable, Jamie is a total jerk how in god’s name would Sharon want anything to do with this moron. I’m a RAAC kinda guy but in this case Sharon should never have anything to do with Jamie again.

Reader2021Reader2021over 2 years ago

.... Jamie, How....!

NO!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sharon should have told Jamie to F'Off. Talk about over analyzing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The husband was cheated on and the wife is an idiot. When you allow someone other than your husband to kiss and fondle you you are cheating. She went to man’s house with the intent to f—k. That’s cheating pure and simple. He gave her the chance to come clean which in my opinion is more than what most would do. She never told him why and he except it to happen again. I would not under any circumstances take her back.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

couldnt finish it this MC is wound up way too tight for this to be the first fuck up in the marriage. this dumbass MC has been married 20 years and doesnt know what cheating is to him. yeah guess i just wasnt high enough to let that pass lol i'll work on it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like the story but very confused by the comments. Why is the husband a jerk ? She did cheat . I don’t agree with some decisions on what’s cheating. The emontial relationship is cheating , Kissing is cheating ( maybe not the sneak one ) but if she is not wanting that a knee to his balls would work, for me asking for a hall pass with a guy that’s already on board is cheating and definitely going to his house for dinner, hubby out of town heavy kissing playing with clit and fingers in her pussy is 100% cheating . He looked at pornography and jerked off . She assume he wants to live out what he watches. I’ll role play and talk fantasy all the time but not for one second would I think it’s ok to cheat in any way . In this the kids could be that he caught off guard but her actions about the pass , continued talks , dinner at his house and most importantly his fingers in her pussy while the kissed would most likely end yhee Ed marriage. I think he was to generous in not brr Ed I guess more pissed . Also Steve for his constant chase of her would find a kick to his balls at some point ,

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Most of this could have been avoided if Jamie had said, “I have reliable sources that say you spent time alone with Steve, in a private place, and some very inappropriate things occurred. Now, please explain what happened and why you orchestrated the meeting.” If, after that prompt, she still couldn’t “remember” the event and denied it occurred, he could begin the divorce proceedings. While I understand his desire to have her “come clean” and confess EVERYTHING to him, in this case, his vagueness and her supposed PTSD memory block made that impossible. The reason she embarked on the 3 month affair is still unclear. We never got an answer from him about his interest in Cuckold porn. The lack of open communication between these two makes me wonder how they survived the first 23 years!

The story was well written, the reconciliation was abrupt and not fully explained, but these two broken folks probably will be ok together- eventually.

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

The first chapter was very good. This chapter went downhill as it progressed, as if the author was running out of steam.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, well. She wouldn't do anything more without his permission????? What a cheating cunt!

NorthHunterNorthHunterover 2 years ago

Very good story 5 stars I really enjoy that you had the wife (Sharon) truly share the pain she inflicted needlessly upon her husband (Jamie). I would like to know more about how things turned out and the remarriage ceremony, also flesh out more regarding Sharon understanding fully what she had done with regard to not considering how important full honesty is regardless of whether or not he husband already knew! Hope to see a part 3!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This guy was an unbelievable jerk! An unwavering, stubborn, quitter. Constantly playing games with his evidence and where it came from. Rather than focusing on saving his marriage. I'm glad they made up if that makes those involved happy. But in real life, this guy would be insufferable to deal with.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGrassIsGreener@GrassIsGreener
I love reading and writing about a faithfull wife who cheats and then what happens as a result of her infidelity

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES