All Comments on 'Thoughts And Alcohol'

by Storm62

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thoughts on alcoholism

This character almost certainly has a problem with alcohol that won't be solved by dumping a bottle down the drain and promising to stop.

"Dumped the bottle down the drain, and the next day--or a week later--I bought another one." is a story told over and over again by alcoholics in treatment.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 12 years ago
Real life loved it

Loved the story which showed how things like alcoholism creeps up on you. You told a story which seened quite big but was actually quite short, a great achievement. I only hope that I can develop such a talent.

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
You can't trust an addict. Ether alcohol or drugs.

If he drinks again. One drop. She should be outta there. Otherwise, one day, he'll beat her to death.

estragonestragonover 12 years ago

If he ever, and I mean ever, raises his hand to her, drunk or sober, she should run for her life and call the cops. But if he truly wants help, it's there. AA has saved a lot of lives.

Storm62Storm62over 12 years agoAuthor
Reappraisal

In light of the comments on this story I've reread it in a new light. I'd never realised that it suggested the guy was an alcoholic! It wasn't supposed too. He was just drunk on that day. The more I look at this the more I see he does have a drink problem. Maybe I should write the story from her POV.

northlandernorthlanderover 12 years ago
Classic Alcoholic

he shows the classic symptoms of the alcoholic, Pouring the b ottle away is a start, the next thing is getting into AA for help. Kim can only do so much, Good story.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THEY JUST CHANGED THE 12 STEP

to a 1 step program, will it catch on. TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userStorm62@Storm62
It might look like I came late to writing, but in fact I have been scribbling (and typing!) for a long time now. I've just been reluctant to post any. I began posting my non-sexual stories on my blog site,and this led to me taking the plunge and revealing the darker side of my...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES