All Comments on 'Three Infidelities'

by Peter_Cleveland

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesabout 2 years ago

Well-written. Honest. Funny. Your talent is obvious. Thanks, Peter. Five stars.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 2 years ago

All very sophisticated, I'm sure, but intimacies have been shared which are very important to a fully committed couple. These two will no doubt patch things up, but their marriage is now a poorer thing and neither will ever forget what has been lost.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An unlikeable story full.of unlikeable characters who have zero problem cheating and zero problem with their spouses cheating on them. Like a story full.of sociopaths...

I.think the author was going for clever dialogue...it was just annoying.

devtekdevtekabout 2 years ago

Good story. Really funny.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 2 years ago

Very nice. Tight, clear writing with a light touch of humor kept the story away from overwrought drama. A potential crisis was defused, the books were balanced, and all is well again. Strong work, PC. —TR

MwestohioMwestohioabout 2 years ago

That was VERY well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Does adultery count as cheating? What a stupid question. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A story written to pad the author's bloated ego. Yeah, everyone knows how yours is the superior intellect. Now write something that isn't about showing everyone how cutting edge you are and write something actually entertaining. Who knows, you might be good at it.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsabout 2 years ago

Kristin, Gordon, and Julie are a threeple right out of the 1970's! This is a thoroughly enjoyable story, even if there was no skin in the Jacqueline Bisset movie. Pity. Luckily we have the Internet for that. For those too lazy to Google her, or too uninterested, let me comment that in her prime she had the most beautiful breasts in the world. I can't say best in the universe, since unlike Jeff Bezos, I have not (yet) traveled into space. I loved the prolonged joint confessions, and how delicately it was played out. I don't know the wine Leoville-Barton, but that at least can be corrected! Apparently it's a Bordeaux, and it can be had for "only" $89. A bottle of that should get any man into bed, or onto the rug! Five stars. ~~JB

nestorb30nestorb30about 2 years ago

You wrote a French sex farce! Well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really? No empathy or emotional content in this story. Just two people a cuck and a skank trying to justify their lifestyle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Funny. Sweet. Even romantic.

Like the lack of nudity in the cited movie, this story gains its substantial eroticism through indirection and omission.

It's hard to believe the author packed so much fun into 2 1/2 pages. More stories, please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

No dishes or hearts were broken in this light-hearted escapade. Witty repartee reminds me of "Thin Man" exchanges. Best line was telling the Magdalene misfits to shuffle down to Wellesley for a better fit.

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

So, because some college kids who are confused about their gender yelled at her it becomes ok for Kristin to cheat on her husband? Hmmm, guess I didn't hear that exception in the wedding vows when I got married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Even Shallow Tepid Cheating Marriages Can Be Marriages.

Their vocabulary and word play is very strong. Their marriage, not so much, anymore. The wife has a Lesbian lover, and admitted, this time, to fucking some acquaintance because she felt stressed and entitled. They are boring people, and their boredom will engender further exploring, dalliances, and destructive affairs. The wife already has a female replacement in the warmup box. How long before these stunning intellects decide that gender is irrelevant: if the wife can have a woman on the side, so can the husband. And eventually he will. How cute and clever will be the discussion when they communicate the initiation of divorce. Can't wait for that sequel. OK, I can. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So....sophisticated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

boring

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So wife cheats, then gets her friend to ‘seduce’ her husband so he won’t be to upset and cannot complain. All very women like (manipulation) but I suppose it worked for them.although some would call hubbies ‘cheating’ as an organised ‘mercy fuck’ to soothe his ego

But wife’s already having a relationship with her ‘best friend’ yet, describes her cheating with the guy as the first time she was unfaithful to her husband…. A lie and, yes, a lesbian relationship is still being unfaithful so despite said mercy fuck ‘balancing the scales’ she then confessed to a much longer affair that’s not balanced out.

And ‘women are not so bothered about penises than men? Not true really especially reading many stories in here.

Very accepting cuckold, I see a few more slip ups in their future now the wife knows he’s so forgiving and loves her enough to let her enjoy them.’

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Curious. The cheating on husband is referred to as a cuckold (knowingly or not ) and is a target of ridicule either way but a cheated on wife has no such Shame or derogatory name but is usually treated with more compassion. Makes no sense to me.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

This was horribly written

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 2 years ago

Wait a minute, the condoms were made available, that would suggest that this was a planned act, and not the first time the wife cheated with this man. Her friend knew of her affair. So the husband gets a one off with her friend, but since the wife scripted that meeting, it takes away something from the husbands perspective, removes the equality of fornication, and the wife gets away with the better deal, keeping her lover on an annual speed dial and her loving husband clueless with a false sense of security. Not cool.

PeteinctPeteinctabout 2 years ago

I love your writing style. If you aren't really an English professor in real life, you should be. The open relationship subject matter is not so much for me, but I can imagine how some couples might have this type of dynamic. C'est la vie... Also, being from the central Connecticut area, I like your references to places I am familiar with. For instance, in this story the college is likely St. Joseph's, my wife's alma mater. In your other story, I often ride some of the same routes you mention (albeit on my Indian). Perhaps I have passed you along my way once or twice.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

0 star - No point in commenting on this story.

Obviously, this author is satisfied with his/her own brilliance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Gordon and Kristin's dialog is witty, like an old Hollywood movie. Underneath the jokes you can see that their marriage is very solid.

Kristin's one night stand with her old friend was driven by her fear and pain and need for comfort, not by lust. Maybe her behavior wasn't admirable but it was believable. Even college professors have their weaknesses, apparently. Gordon was right to forgive her. And Kristin is in no position to complain that Gordon couldn't resist Joyce's charms.

A really nice, upbeat story here, and funny too. Of course the BTB crowd will hate it. The story's takeaway is that love and a good marriage can withstand an indiscretion or two. I hope that is true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So … geriatric.

Captcha

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

I found this boring and long winded. The wife builds up the affair by telling a tale of a presentation at a Chemistry Education event. What organizer in the year this was written would allow a discussion on gender equality for trans people? Answer none. The subject doesn't fit with gender learning and or study habits. Finally, I would bet the adultery will increase and not just with close peers and or best girlfriends. Being set up may take the upper hand or high road from the husband, but he might as well sign a blank cheater check for the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Amazing. A writer with both a sense of humor and of style!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written.. Fun.

Good exploration of how two reasonable adults could tell such truths. True intimacy.

Always love how the loons will read until the end only to complain.... Obviously then know from the titles what is not to their liking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Clever writing. Except the condoms. Seems likely that the wife is a liar and a serial cheat who knew she was going to cheat when she left for her conference.

The need for naked hugs because some assholes behaved like assholes? Nah. Not buying. Especially after pounding lots of wine and experiencing a lot of support from others.

Pathetic excuse for adultery. It is a new one. No one ever tried to sell it before because it doesn't fly.

BenLongBenLongover 1 year ago

Very nice, well written, story! Why the "Loving Wives" category has been taken over by close minded misogynistic dweebs who think that a woman is a mans property and any woman who finds that it is possible to have sex without love, or that sex improves love should be drawn and quartered - I've got no idea. Truly a perfect "loving wife" in my estimation. Well done - and 5 stars (although obviously from the rating the misogynists rule.)

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop. Don’t let yourself be brainwashed.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

@BenLong - Nice strawman argument.

If your reading comprehension level was above the 5th grade level, you would recognize that the stories you love to hate are based on situations where the husband believes in fidelity and got married thinking that his wife did so as well, only to find out that she was dishonest and unfaithful. So, you see, it's not about ownership of the wife, but expecting honesty and adherence to the vows they exchanged. You know, mutual respect and commitment?

If you want to have an open marriage, be upfront before the wedding and do not exchange vows you can't/won't honor.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of the best. It is great when a couple can continue without remorse/

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

At 48 yrs married, if my wife admitted to me she had sex of any kind with someone in her married past, I would stand up, open the door, walk through and never come back. A divorce would commence as fast I could arrange it.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny9 months ago

No thanks, you can have her, way too Cavalier about the whole thing

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Kristin's story falls apart if you notice that Joyce gave her the condoms before she went to Chicago. Her adultery with her "old friend" was planned before hand, as was the means to manipulate Gordon into forgiving her.

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Cleveland9 months agoAuthor

Anonymous ("Kristin's story falls apart..."):

Boy, are you suspicious! Your hypothesis does make sense. It's a worthy hypothesis. But no: Kristin and Gordon have told each other nothing but the truth. The condoms and the Scotch were a joke present from Joyce. If Kristin wanted to lie about her one-night-stand, she could have come up with a less-complicated story about the condoms--could have said that Jean-Paul had put some into his pocket, just in case he happened to get lucky at the conference. Or she could have said that, sorry, no condom was available.

.

Besides, Kristin knows that Gordon could easily check out the truth or falsity of the condoms-as-joke-present story just by asking Joyce--with whom, as she is well aware, Gordon is now on very close terms.

Jaydean409Jaydean4098 months ago

Entertaining!!! Not as depraved as I would have done it, but expertly and elegantly written and totally enjoyable!!! I can’t imagine the mindset of the latter-day Puritans whose panties get into such overwhelming twists over a little casual infidelity in a web site for erotic fiction!!!! Mind blowing!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

As a true euklidean mathematician, of course I despise stories with such a bent.

Geometry: You have two points, and the shortest connection is a straight line. No non-euklidean reasoning in the world can change that.

JBEdwardsJBEdwards3 months ago

@Anon ( a true euklidean mathematician): As you know, we live on Earth, and therefore we are constrained to travel on the surface of Earth. As such, Euclidean geometry applies only locally. Globally we need to use the geometry of Lobachevsky. Look at a globe for example, and you'll see that the parallel longitudinal lines intersect at the poles. The shortest distance an airplane travels is known as a great circle route, where it follows the curves of the Earth. A good way to get Euclid out of your mind is to carefully study the curves of the breasts of your girlfriend or wife, start at the nipple and take the shortest path to progress south to her pussy. You'll see it's not quite a straight line. By the way PC, a great story. 5*~~JB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@JBEdwards - See Alan Sokal, Transgressing the Boundaries. Toward a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity. In: Social Text. Nr. 46/47, 1996, S. 217–252

Greetings by a true euklidean mathematician

Otherwise, I agree PC - fun story

Just_WordsJust_Words2 months ago

I get the sense they really don't care. I feel sorry for them both.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPeter_Cleveland@Peter_Cleveland
A new story is nearing completion. It should be up and running by the end of October, 2023. (It's not a Halloween story, though.) The series "New Corporate Courtesan" is still in progress, but the Muse seems to have lost a bit of interest in it--only temporarily, I hope. Tha...