All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 118'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
hpinghpingabout 5 years ago
Wow

Just a fine continuation of the series. It gives enough hints for the following chapters, so I can not wait to see them appear here...

Thanks for the works Tefler and his crew of proofreaders.

OmniferisOmniferisabout 5 years ago
nice chapter 5 *'s

can't wait to see what happens when the crew find out about Faye's "child"

BigYin1981BigYin1981about 5 years ago
Ummm Faye?

What the hell have you done Faye? More to the point why hasn't she mentioned any of this to John and the crew and even more importantly is this going to come back and bite them in the ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank You.

I know I and others don't say it often enough. Thank you for sharing this story with us. Can not wait to read this installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
THE question is asked...

wonder what the answer's gonna be?

great, so far. Tef, meanwhile, back to the kiddos...

Regards,

GeoD

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 5 years ago
Thanks for another GREAT chapter!

As always, thank you for sharing your awesome efforts. It is fun to see the family figure out what they still don't know. The growth of each person is so fun to watch. Can't wait to see what they learn next! So many questions yet to be answered.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 5 years ago

"A celebratory reunion orgy is standard operating procedure..." Thank you, Ms. HR Manager for ensuring that proper procedures are followed. This made me laugh so hard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
you did it again

Thank you for another great chapter in this incredible story.

PaxITPaxITabout 5 years ago
Again a great chapter...

How you do it is beyond me...

I have to admit that I'm a bit worried that Faye's 'children' will turn out to be a threat to the Invictus and its crew, simply because they are 'young' mentally speaking and can easily draw the wrong conclusions and act upon them, but I hope and pray that these 'children' in the end will be a welcome addition to the crew of sentient beings on the Invictus.

I have no doubt though that there will be some commotion between now and their incorporation as valued crew members on the ship...

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Merci

Another fantastic chapter

Thanks

Gracias

Merci

Perfecto

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Three Square Meals

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the library and borrowed the first three books of the Dune series...and I still haven't began reading it thanks to Mr Tefler here providing a fantastic work. I'm both glad and sad to have finally caught up with the story, now I will learn of the longing for the next episode. Thank you Tefler, keep up the impressive work and keep making us dream of the galaxy !

Quentin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Awesome

great as usual

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I sometimes forget

That you are British. I got stumped on the word “treacle”. I had to look it up. For Americans it’s molasses. Then I all the “brilliant” made better sense to me. No matter what, you are a damn good story teller. 10 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Still going strong

Loved seeing the snapshot on Tamolith. I still think John needs to ride into Kinta and insure another loyal-cum-alliance queen. Can't wait to see Niskera again.

forsakeninnforsakeninnabout 5 years ago
Another superb installment

Fantastic Space Opera, many thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
When you’ve submitted the last chapter of this story on this site...

You better already have a publishing house, an agent, hardbacks, softbacks and e-books of this story ready for sale and be ready to:

TAKE OUR MONEY! PURE FREAKING GENIUS!

wolverine006wolverine006about 5 years ago
re: Dune series

If you are looking for light reading, the Dune series is not a good choice. I remember telling a friend that I had picked up Dune and intended to read it and this is what she told me. Be prepared because it wasn't light reading like she expected. She started to read it, became disheartened at the effort....ungh...and put it down. Then after a year, she decided to try again. So she picked it back up and blasted through the first four. At the time I thought, that sounds implausible. I mean its just sci-fi right? But, believe it or not, the same damn thing wound up happening to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
New

John needs to f8@ck the big spider, re-populate the race,,,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

What word do I use to describe something that's beyond brilliant ? Please insert it here. All I can do is give a measely five stars. If this goes to print I'll definitely want a copy.

litreader9696litreader9696about 5 years ago
Dune Series

I first saw the Kyle MacLachlan movie Dune when I was about twelve, and it rocked my world. Then, I wanted to use it for a book report in seventh grade english class. Needless to say, for a pre-teen who only read the schedule in the TV guide magazine, that one was over my head. Frank Herbert makes you use your brain, if you want to read his books. Isaac Asimov is almost casual reading after Frank Herbert.

Don't get me wrong, now I love reading the Dune series, though I usually skip God Emperor of Dune when I re-read the series. I only really learned to read for fun when I got to college, and joined a D & D group, where the DM based his world on the Black Company books by Glen Cook. The librarian at the campus library looked at me like I was nuts when I asked for a book to read for fun, and not for a class, but after borrowing the first one from my DM, I NEEDED to read the rest.

The same thing happened when I went home on break, and raided my brother's small shelf of books, which included all six original books in the series by Frank Herbert, and even the Dune Encyclopedia. The only other books on that shelf were the Hitchhiker's Guide series by Douglas Adams, the Foundation series by Asimov, and Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Needless to say, no-one saw much of me that Christmas break, at least not my face, stuck in a Dune book. These are not light reading, but if you want to read some of the best sci-fi space opera in the world, no offense Tefler, then Dune is your series. For casual readers, though, you might want to build up your reading muscles first, by starting with Hitchhiker's, then moving on to Foundation.

As I found out as a teen, Dune isn't for the beginner, unless you're a glutton for a great story.

Something I found out after the OP's mention of the Dune series, Frank Herbert's son and another author continued the series after Herbert died in the mid-eighties. I knew they had done a number of prequels, as well as legend books covering major historical events that shaped the original series, but I only just learned that they also wrote two more main series novels, based off of the outline Herbert wrote, and was found ten years after his death in a safety deposit box.

Ironically, it's been about ten years after they wrote the two books that I just learned about them.

In conclusion, adding to my previous post on the last chapter for Lit stories to read while waiting for new TSM chapters, I would recommend the three Authors above and their series. Depending on how fast you read, and how much free time you have, they could last you a few months to a year, to read them all.

Nerd moment...A reference to Dune made it into the movie version of Ready Player One, about a Harkonnen dropship. Not sure if it was in the book.

Then, I literally just found a day-old post from Josh Brolin, showing a short video of himself on the set where he's currently filming a reboot of the movie Dune. Wonder if it will be better than the Sci-Fi channel's two mini-series of the first three books, since they were the most faithful to the books of any films to date.

But, seriously, how many epic franchises can Brolin act in? He started with the Avengers, and moved on to Deadpool/X-Men. What's next? DC-verse? Star Wars? Star Trek? But could any of them be more epic than his first ever acting job? THE GOONIES!!!

End rant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Re: litreader9696's comment on Sci-fi

Thank you for the wonderful comment here, often most people learn about an important work in the most weirdest of places. I remember hearing about Dune a few years back from a YouTuber doing a play-through of FTL, and he had named all his crew Duncan Idaho. Sheer hilarity. But that led to me reading the first book, finding it good but too realistic for me to have fun and escape while reading it. The second book from the start itself began with conspiracies against the emperor and I didn't want to read something so realistic and depressing. I guess that's why we love TSM so much, it never goes into depressing futility, there's always hope and goodness at the end of all our problems and as people grow older and weary of the real world they need more of these kinds of stories to have something worth living for. At least that's been my experience, the nihilism gets to be too much and I need a break from everything so I read Tefler's work and it drowns me into a world where things aren't so bad and there is at least purpose.

Sorry for the rant. I love the enlightened discussions in this community though.

Arcinglight

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Kirr-inax

Irillith wiped out the entire fleet in orbit and sent her eight remaining drone carriers on a suicide mission to Kirr-Inax. Oh yeah! Just waiting for the result of that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fascinating story line

Some seriously good writing in this story and presented to a high standard of spelling and grammar. A pleasure to read.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 5 years ago
Homecoming and Invictus Rex

I can hardly wait for John and crew to visit the planet of his conception, and hopefully learn more secrets to allow them to build his new ship..., well at less I think they would need a more "progenitor" type craft to fit all the badass weaponry they are going to need in the future.

taco1085taco1085about 5 years ago
amazing

amaz...ing, this is one great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Don't commit genocide on the kirrix.

The Kirrix are responsible for terrible atrocities and should be punished but to completely wipe out a species, especially after many of their actions were based on what they thought was the only way to survive, places the actions of John and the crew to a similar level of wickedness as the Kirrix. The Kirrix actions were all precipitated by the progenitors actions and so in hindsight, if John wipes them out he will be finishing the work of the earlier progenitor. You have probably been told many times two wrongs don't make a right. Wiping out an entire species should be the absolute last resort. John and his crew have the capability to fix the shroud making the entire reason why the Kirrix are parasitic no longer valid. I propose he fix the shroud, thus saving many people's lives in the process and then banish the Kirrix to their home world. After banishing them, they then destroy all space capable crafts and make it clear any attempts to escape will be severely punished. Any Kirrix that don't agree and resist can then be killed and I won't have a problem with it. I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this but I would like to remind everyone that humans have committed similar atrocities, although not on a galactic size, for less serious reasons. If the Kirrix as a species are not redeamable, are we? BTW, this is mainly intended for the author and I will not be responding to anyone other than the author. Sorry, trolls!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Integrity

How about integrity as a reason not to pursue further action against the Kirrix? A bargain was struck, and all Kirrix know of it, thanks to their psychic nature. Alyssa would be breaking her word by attempting to drive them into extinction. Reneging would show the galaxy that Alyssa, and by extention, the other Lionesses and Lion, are willing to break treaties when they are no longer convenient. Integrity is the only reason the Terran Federation is not actively pursuing John and his crew as a threat. The Kirrix are a multi-planetary species. It will not be easy to wipe them to a bug, and the details of a broken treaty would spread quickly through a galaxy which fears John.

With the way the crew always thinks of the moral consequences of their actions, it was surprising to me that this viewpoint was never discussed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Ok Annon who wants to prance and run:

“The Kirrix are responsible for terrible atrocities and should be punished but to completely wipe out a species, especially after many of their actions were based on what they thought was the only way to survive, places the actions of John and the crew to a similar level of wickedness as the Kirrix.”

So you are equating the motives of saving the innocent lives of children with them being chopped up alive and fed to the Kirrix young so the species can survive? Do you realize how callous and ridiculous that sounds? May I suggest you rethink that a bit?

You also assume that a race of beings whose only way of existing is to kill off sentient beings to procreate and feed their masses has equal ethical footing with a species killing them off to save the innocent...ethically, you have no basis for your assumption. Ethics would dictate the innocent are to be protected, not the killers.

“The Kirrix actions were all precipitated by the progenitors actions”

Umm, no. They were precipitated by the Kirrix...there was an alternative...as the Spider Queen has demonstrated and who also reported the Kirrix were always known as an aggressive species.

“You have probably been told many times two wrongs don't make a right.” LOL but you are espousing that very thing when you champion the Kirrix...they were wronged but you think that is justification for the wrongs they commit as a species. Hypocrisy anyone?

John and his crew have the capability to fix the shroud making the entire reason why the Kirrix are parasitic no longer valid.”

That is a supposition concerning John and the crew. And you really think that leopard is going to change its spots after millennia of entrenched degenerative social practice? LOL: They cannot change even when they are facing imminent extinction!

“I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this but I would like to remind everyone that humans have committed similar atrocities, although not on a galactic size, for less serious reasons.”

Duh! Your reasoning is unethical and illogical and based upon presumptive information you do not have. So yeah, you should get called on it. And again you espouse the two wrongs make a right after stating it doesn't. I honestly believe you are a bit confused. At least I hope so.

“BTW, this is mainly intended for the author and I will not be responding to anyone other than the author. Sorry, trolls!”

Um, so you are going to say your piece and run away are you? And you really expect us and/or Tefler to take you seriously? Sounds like you were looking into the mirror when you hollered Trolls!

Plrus, pussylickersrus, John Lewis, Rus...take your pic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Kirrix

I don't think the Kirrix are done yet. They will attack again, maybe with the Brimorians as allies.

GigzurGigzurabout 5 years ago
In Favor of Kirrix Being Exterminated

Y'all seem to forget that the Kirrix are a hive mind. That means that a few control all and make all the decisions. This is not equivalent to other species that are based on individuals cooperating to achieve a common goal.

So, with this in mind, the Kirrix should absolutely be exterminated like the parasites they are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Kirrix moral dilemma

I've been reading the comments about the moral issue regarding the Kirrix and I've decided to add my two cents. These are my personal views and my views on the comments that I have read. Please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken or if you would like to add anything.

The whole debate seems to revolve broadly around two positions, namely that the Kirrix are immoral and therefore the moral position would be to end them. The other position seems to be that we are moral and therefore the moral position is to honour the agreement we voluntarily made. There seems to be a third opinion of some people who seem to sympathise with the kirrix. I will not entertain this opinion as I feel it is illogical and, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Let's explore the first two opinions. Both arguments seem to be rooted in emotion. The bugs killed a lot of innocent people and they should pay for that. They culled entire species to fuel their own expansion and they will never stop. With this opinion I agree in principle and it would seem that John and the ladies and many of the readers share this opinion.

The second view is that we should honour the agreement we made because we gave our word. We should keep our word so long as the agreement is upheld. For reasons I will state now I am of the opinion that this is the morally correct way to proceed. Bear with me.

If we look at national legal systems in the world today, we will notice that there are always legal sanctions which can be imposed on a entity breaking a law as punishment for that transgression. In international law the position is very different. There is no higher authority to punish entities for transgressions. International law is in fact merely a bunch of contracts between international entities. Interstellar law should be more or less similar. There is no court for interstellar dispute resolution. All disputes are resolved through diplomacy. All diplomacy requires credibility and a big stick will only get you so far.

Let's for the sake of argument forget about the characteristics of an international (or interstellar) entity, such as fixed population and geographical (or astrographical?) location and instead focus on the characteristic of sovereignty. John and the ladies are no longer subject to any legal system other than their own and this gives them sovereignty of a sort. They are therefore an interstellar power in their own right. They are, whether they like it or not, interstellar political entities who are capable of influencing the interstellar geopolitical (or astropolitical?) landscape by establishing treaties and so forth. These treaties are just a fancy way of saying that two or more entities are bound by contract. Due to the lack of a formal enforcing mechanism such as courts, interstellar entities are only bound inasmuch as they consent to be bound.

Therefore John could very well unilaterally revoke the treaty with the kirrix and there would be nothing that they could do about it, legally or contractually speaking. Nothing is ever that simple, however. We only need to look at our own international arena to see what happens when one country breaks a treaty with another. Expropriation of foreign assets, non-compliance with international conventions of some sort or alleged war crimes for instance. All these things have consequences even if there are hardly ever any courts involved. Sanctions on trade or cultural exchange or political isolation for instance. That is the last thing John needs at this stage, even though he effectively rules three of the major galactic powers and has a strong alliance with a fourth at the moment. And yes, I don't anticipate that any of the current powers would shed tears over the extinction of the kirrix, they would perhaps take a second look at John and anything he has to say. In short, John's trustworthiness would come into question. At the very least the treaty with the kirrix would seem like incompetence, at the worst like treachery.

If I could give John and the ladies some advice I would advise that they take the long view in this case. One day in the future John may be able to stop a war by simply showing he has a bigger stick that the other guy and that he isn't afraid to use it if the other guy doesn't back down. In that situation you don't want that other guy to say ''yeah, that's all well and good but what about that time you broke your promise?'' Diplomacy is only as good as your credibility. If you back an animal into a corner it will fight more ferociously even if it knows it is going to die if it has any doubts about a peace offer or ceasefire. This animal just might make peace with its own demise and decide to try and take you with it.

This is not to say that I oppose the genocide of the kirrix on principle. What I advise is, in short, the following: Honour the deal with the less douchy kirrix, fix the shroud issue if possible. Then the fate of the kirrix will be totally in their own hands. They can then revert to their natural state or they can continue to cull other species. If they revert, good. If not, John can still squash the bugs. The whole point is that John should be able to look himself in mirror afterwards and honestly say ''I tried my best. I gave them a chance. They forced my hand.'' This option will of course require that the kirrix be observed closely so that they could be stopped in a timely fashion should they fail the take their chance. In doing this John's trustworthiness and honour remains intact.

Now for loopholes in this agreement. Please feel free to add any loopholes I may not have thought about. This whole agreement basically says that the kirrix will stop culling and John and the ladies will leave them alone. The agreement in no way stipulates that John will attempt to assist the kirrix in any way. They are in a civil war. A possible solution could be for John to ensure that neither side gains an advantage over the other, effectively ensuring that the civil war continues for an undetermined period of time. The longer the better. They may end up killing themselves. A problem with this is that the unrepentant kirrix will probably prioritise culling as this will give them a decided advantage in their war, rendering this plan counter productive.

This discussion is currently moot, however, since John and the girls have come to agree that they simply don't have the time to deal with the bugs.

I am, however, of the opinion that the only way for John to deal with the kirrix with his honour intact, is to abide by the deal as long as the kirrix do. He can always stomp them later if they all prove unrepentant.

Please let me know what you folks think. I am genuinely interested in you opinions.

Tef, I've been following this series since late 2016 and I can't wait to see what happens next. Great job, man. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Has it only been 11 days since 118 came out?

It feels like forever!!

Thanks, Tef!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Ceraden’s dna

Tefler, absolutely a 7* masterpiece!

I am the anon suggesting a tachyon warhead cruise missile, and a wild thought, what would happen if the field targeted the galley, with hot food being cooked and all the sharp objects there!

I just have one issue that really has been bugging me for several chapters. In chapter 45 about page 5 Rachel was expounding on her discoveries of Ceraden’s DNA!

“She nodded and replied, "Certainly with regard to the skewing of the birth gender ratios. It's fairly obvious that the Maliri were modified to be... breeding stock... for use by the Progenitors in their armies. The Maliri have triple helix DNA, just like you, Alyssa, and Jade, but Ceraden definitely isn't psychic. He has lots of genes on that strand that are currently dormant, but that could be because he's male. I'd love to take a look at some female Maliri DNA, and Irillith's mother's especially!"”

Then in chapter 58, page 8 she discloses:

“She smiled, and said, "Now where was I... Oh yes! So I examined Irillith's DNA, and found that unlike Ceraden's it had a triple-helix just like John's, Alyssa's and Jade's, which usually indicates where a Progenitor has imbued one of his creations with psychic abilities." and

"Well firstly, as you can see from the holographic display, both Myriana and Ceraden have double-helix DNA," Rachel replied, pointing towards the floating image above the desk. "I suspect that the women in your family are quite unique amongst the Maliri." “

This discrepancy has really been bugging me as I cannot understand how Rachel could make such a mistake in her analysis!

👍👏👍

🐝Wolrab🐝

TeflerTeflerabout 5 years agoAuthor
Re: Ceraden's DNA

Actually that was my mistake rather than Rachel's. :-) Someone else also pointed out the continuity error a few months ago, so I've taken a quick look at the problematic text. There's a few references to double/triple helix DNA in those sections, so I'll fix it in the eBooks when I get to those chapters.

Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad you've been enjoying the story so far!

Tefler

TeflerTeflerabout 5 years agoAuthor
Chapter 119 status

I'll submit the next chapter for moderation tonight (as soon as I finish chapter 121!).

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you Tefler. Your work is much appreciated.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I can stock up on snacks and beverages to get ready!

litreader9696litreader9696about 5 years ago
Chapter 119!!!!!

The wait is almost over. Now if only the moderators were all TSM fans, and made a point to check for Tefler's submissions first thing each day, so we could be reading it sooner.

I can't wait to see how John and co. handle the events instigated by Buckingham's son, now that he's gone off the deep end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Chapter 119

Any news on chapter 119? I got chapters 120 and now 121 ready and waiting in the wings just need this chapter first :)

GigzurGigzurabout 5 years ago
Chapter 119 Moderation

Chapter 119 is now awaiting moderation.

It should be approved in about 17 hours.

It is currently 7:33 AM CST.

Kinkylover69666Kinkylover69666about 5 years ago
119 is being moderated!

04/18/2019 11:19 AM EST : Chapter 119 shows as awaiting Mod approval!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Easter Reading?

All set to read "the Good Book" and then this next chapter.

Will it be popcorn and soda or coffee with sandwiches .... hmmm. I just know it's going to be a good weekend. Yeah

Horseman68Horseman68almost 5 years ago
After Short Break.

I had to leave the story for a little while and just came back to this chapter. Like coming home to old friends. So good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
John's powers

Rachel nodded, looking thoughtful. "And we know there's a cost to John's psychic strength when he grants us abilities. Giving all of us enhanced speed would result in a dramatic reduction of his own power potential."

Sorry, I don't buy this. I believe this is a plot device by the author, a bit of misdirection for the characters. Rachel has arrived at the wrong conclusion, based upon too little evidence. John's ability to alter DNA is not a zero-sum equation, which is made obvious by two simple observations: One - giving a girl an ability does not stop him from having that same ability (ie enhanced speed, telekinesis, healing, cryonesis(?) ), and Two - adding a girl to his network increases the power available to him. Also, just because he can give a girl an ability doesn't automatically mean he knows how to use it himself (thanks evil guide).

FVLL3NFVLL3Nalmost 4 years ago
Nurse

Idk if someone has already had this theory. But I think the nymphs were nurses to progenitor children when they are first born.

wolfe1983wolfe1983over 3 years ago

I'm reading this for the actual Scifi plot as much as the sex, it's pretty damn good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Faye's child

Invictus' 2nd generation has started?

Congrats to the new mom. I think ....

What madness is this !!!! Wait til Rill and John find out what happened.

Hopefully, BEFORE disaster strikes.

smh

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

And just what was the Nymph's place along side of the Progenitor(s)? A lover, a sextoy, a nurse, a nanny, an immortal companion? And how widespead was the use of Nymphs among the Progenitors? And what exactly is the Nymph's connection to the ancient Achonin?,.. I suspect that the Nymph's are the last of the Achonin, or at the least they were created from them somehow, someway,.. and Mael'nerak's Nymphs were the most and the last when he 'freed' them onto Lenarra. Only Tefler knows what the Nymph and Achonin connection truly is, because he will write it someday,.. until then I will futily speculate my little heart out, while I await the next installment,.. ;-) TTFN

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithalmost 3 years ago

The abducted colonists from Menganus IV took approximately 3 days, on 4 hive ships, traveling to the Eta Tauri system, then they waited a most of a day for the arrival of the Invictus, while the children played with Jade,.. and then another day homewards on a single crowded Hive ship,.. Q: the availability and quality of the toilets on Kirrix transport ships,.. by the time the colonists return home they will have been gone for at least 5 days,.. their clothes likely getting quite funky! I hope they at least had a sink and running water to do a little washing in, if not baths and or showers,.. thoughts?,.. how would the bugs have treated their Terran prisoners? And were the bugs in the habit of making restroom changes for each and every species they abducted?,.. -- I also thought about scavenging from some of those old T-Fed warships for any useful stuff, that could survive the cold/vacuum of space, like blankets and pillows,.. but for the needs of 10,000 people it would require way to much time to plunder all those dead ships,.. and the Invictus could have taken them back faster themselves, if bathrooms were a real problem,.. and before too much of their food and water runs out,.. ;-) TTFN

JasmijnJasmijnover 2 years ago

John and the girls are immortal because of John’s sperm. But what about their children?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jasmijn, that is a very problematic question. Either he gives them natural immortality. Which begs the question, will that be hereditary? Or he doesn't and outlives them all. If his entire lineage is immortal it causes the same issue as was addressed for Jades offspring; eventually you get a dominant species.

- Kal'adayn

P.S. John on a rampage killing Kirrix, always awesome. And Tefler keeps it exciting, well done.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

I am really loving Faye's 'little one', and all the ships robotic minions that are slowly evolving. I predict that 'Little One' will save the day before too much longer, and then Faye will have to come clean about her tampering with the 'help'. plots, sub plots and then there is Tom Walker, the nephew of recently deceased, Commadore Walker, and is good ole Tom a story in search of a plotline or what? Well, on to the next wonderful chapter, yay! ;-) TTFN

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 2 years ago

Space battles. Lasers and leading targets and even seeing the beams. No no no just no to both.

LASER travel time. If a target is 100 km / 60 miles away then the beam travel time is 0.0003 seconds. So no lead as is affects that the ships are even much closer than 100 km.

Seeing a LASER beam. By definition you can’t see a LASER beam unless it’s a shit beam and is spraying light in all directions so it’s not a LASER. Or it’s fired through cloud of dust or smoke and the beam scatters as it passes through. Or the LASER ask headed directly for you and you see it as it hits you. So a LASER is seen by attenuation due to scattering or being fired at you or reflected at you. No other way.

So nova lances might glow at buildup but then nothing until it hits a target and some is the LASER is reflected back to the audience.

Also LASER is an acronym so capitals? But English has forgotten that and has just named LASER as laser.

Space battles would be boring without the light show though.

Also LASERS would have no range limitations in a vacuum/space. The only tange limitation is from attenuation due to beam spread. As in the beam gradually beats wider as it travels because the LASER was not tightly focused at firing. For reference using todays tech right right now NASA is experimenting using lasers to beam info back from mars so massive data rates can be achieved. Little low power lasers powered by a solar panel will fire pulse coded beams back to earth and be so tightly focused that the target spot on earth will be only 20% of the earth’s diameter. Now that’s a tight beam and defiantly not a $10 laser pointer.

Now the kicker. This is a book and I love it. So much so that I’m reading it while I wait for a new chapter. I love the ‘Standard Template’ reminds me of the ‘Standard Model’ for particle physics, model being a person model a runway model…

50 out of 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

* Faye wants to be a mommy too - and is! All sort of problems may arise for the lion and lionesses from that. Tefler is imaginative. * I love the way Tefler gives each character their own personality. * Sometimes, the banter is particularly funny. I liked when Irrilith teased Dana about the fuckathon. * Calara, the tactical guru, knows war and the importance of keeping focused on what matters. John obviously has a provlem with that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I rest my case.. only Calara seems to grow up. John is the sun, Alyssa the moon and the girls are on their knees worshipping them.

I wonder what Fay is up to. To create an AI family? And why does she not share this with John. Is her love for John just a behavioral design pattern?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So what to do with an evil bug race? If only there was a way to rewrite DNA in this universe, wait a minute, also John gets stronger the more girls he adds, yet if it wasn't for his XO he would hardly have any girls at all,

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Will Faye's child save them later in this story

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

-- saved by little one? yeah, it could happen, ... but would it be before or after an upgrade? ... good AI help is hard to find in the T-Fed, ... however the ship does need more girls, .... and lots more Nymphs, ... all wearing bikinis, ... BBQs at the Lagoon, .... then a little violence, death, destruction and mayhem, ... separated by a few chapters where Dana builds them more exceptional gear and weapons, and a few more chapters of wild sex, .... that makes the series fun, ... right? ;-) TTFN

ranec1ranec110 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"He gets stronger through adversity... all of you do,"

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

Whoa, .... Faye's a digital mommy! Wow, .... 28th century soap opera on a star ship, with lots of psychic powers thrown in the mix as well, .... just wow, .... and is it time to exterminate all the Bugs (Kirrix)? ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So, several colonies had many parents lose their kids to the Bugs. Meanwhile, Alyssa has been investing tons of their money and using the profits to fund orphanages. Anyone see the synergy here? I'll spell it out. How about placing the orphans with deserving parents who lost their kids?

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

.... Orphans, matched with some of those colonists lost their children to the Kirrix, ... I wonder, .... how many (what percentage) of those adults that are missing their kids would be good parents for the orphaned kids? might it be 50%, 33%, less or more? ... the trauma might be too much and too soon for some of them, .... others might need boys when they lost girls, or vice-versa, ... some might want an exact replacement (age, sex and school grades) and resent anything less, .... This was a nice thought, but it is filled with problems for the parents and especially for the kids, .... but it might work for some few that would be willing to go to an Outer Rim world, ... the problem of making a good adult to kid(s) match is the big stumbling block, ... hard, but not impossible, if you just had a Faye class computer (AI) to help you, ... The Galactic League needs a bunch of 'good' AI's to help them out, no more Black Ops, crazy and killer, intelligent computers, they're no fun, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 month ago

A Faye class AI would be Awesome, ... ;-) ttfn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6802 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES