All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 132'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WOOOOT

It's finally here! Keep up the good work Tefler, been waiting for this one for quite a while!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I am to he first to comment bitches. This series is awesome 💕.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Meeting his Father

John's father was spending alot of time at the fortress trying to learn how John became so strong. If he is still there when John and the girls arrived then they will be prevented from fighting and have to talk as any amount power usage in the astral plane draws mists and the monsters. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a reconciliation between John and his father.

BigDog167BigDog167over 3 years ago
Nice chapter.

Not bad for a filler chapter. No real surprises or advancing of the story, but it does set up for several points in the next chapter. Does still surprise that an 18 year old girl thinks she knows how to run the life of someone twice her age, but that is fairly common in real life too. When he finds out Aly is still meddling with his life, he needs to really punish her for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lovely!

Thank you, Tefler!

PokingdemonPokingdemonover 3 years ago
Hell Yeah!

Unexpected post and grateful for another installment. I hope you will be able to finish this work that you created.

brownmobbrownmobover 3 years ago
cannot get enough please keep em coming

Damn i love this series, cant wait till the next story, has me totally engrossed. so well written. thank you for providing our pleasure with these stories

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 3 years ago

Well done. Thanks for sharing. 5* Slainté

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Fantastic work! thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Like the student that procrastinates in getting work done, all that screwing, building Maria's car (which was unneeded) led to 2 significant, avoidable circumstances: being unable to reach Kinta in time, and leaving Lynette with the rebellious colonies to deal with alone. Compound that with Alyssa's very insignificant slap on the wrist by John and we have Lynette feeling needlessly alone, isolated and unable to properly manage the huge disaster from the rebelling colonies on her hands. That's shocking, but even more so is that she is going to **not** tell John about trying to get Rahn to get them there with his Wormhole Generator? That's just the logical selection to at least help establish a detente between the two. If that option's going to be ignored, then there should be massive consequences for Alyssa--because she is not serving his best interests as matriarch--which is ostensibly to be his first officer and to provide him with ALL OPTIONS available to him. Yes, he's hurt...but he needs to put on his big boy pants and play with the men, to face and deal with some things he finds truly distasteful--but finally grow into a better character. Also, all orphans instinctively want reconciliation with their parents unless their birth parents die. It's not unlike him having Sakura having to tell him he has to sever his psychic link with her to leave her to be able to kill his guide if it subsumes him. It's sad to see John himself couldn't come to that tactical decision himself, much less envision the cold calculus of the Kintark being unable to serve any useful purpose because their plight is very curiously similar to the Kilrathi of Wing Commander 4. Far too many paragraphs dedicated to sex (especially voyeuristically watching Jehanna fellate John) when they need to reflect the urgency of getting to Kinta to help.

Some serious Bravo Sierra on how much those shields can take. Unless the EMP yield is very low, a high-yield nuke would cause significant damage to shielding, and high enough powered electrical-energy bolts would still fry shield generators and shatter the shields. To say they are resistant to nukes and EMPs is just wrong--especially if detonated very close to even a shielded ship, as the ship might take little hull damage but still suffer minor circuitry disruptions and burnouts 1 deck inward.

Great to see Walker awake, although where was his father the Admiral? Sounds to me like there is only circumstantial evidence to back those charges against Thomas. It might look bad, but that colonel can't assume a "payoff" when no money was transferred and no evidence of that found. I've seen far better framing jobs.

Interesting idea to upgrade the Paragon armor with sealant and have an inner layer.

yeshua63043yeshua63043over 3 years ago

It's about time!

I know many will think I'm hating, but think about how long this "book" is going to take. This chapter took six weeks! Unless something stupid happens in the story it is going to take YEARS to complete.

I love the story and made the mistake of buying the first four books on Amazon. Each contains four chapters which means reflect is 9-10 books behind. And for the who don't realize it. He is getting over $6000 per chapter through patreon!

I'll get off of my soapbox now and say that I hope the chapters keep coming and this doesn't become I GRR Martin thing that doesn't have a meaningful ending.

SvenblizzardSvenblizzardover 3 years ago

thank you for another for a preparation

chapter. Can"t wait for the following chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jehannas power

I think the power is going to be able detect lies as she could be used to see if Tom walker is lieing or not

Death_samuraiDeath_samuraiover 3 years ago
Great chapter

Thanks tefler for another great chapter

SlofredSlofredover 3 years ago

I really wanted to see the battle in this chapter. But I will have to wait for another in the future 5 stars as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome chapter

I can't decide if I should read a page every 12 hours or 24 hours hell one page a week would be excruciating. The anticipation of the next 4 chapters will definitely keep me from finally jumping of my apartment building

fromindiafromindiaover 3 years ago

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Go2daWestGo2daWestover 3 years ago

Getting a chapter and reading it all in one day is a blessing and a curse. I wish I wasn't so voracious with these things sometimes.

prophet58prophet58over 3 years ago
Problems with Alyssa

Alyssa is at times more problems than she is worth.

Her willful disobedience, her relentless teasing,

her total disregard for most everyone not included

in her select group and coupled with a stunted

teenage mentality are disconcerting to say the least.

She is like a typical teenager, thinking she knows

better than everyone else.

I am not saying she is a bad person, just dangerous

and manipulative and needs to mature and grow up,

Even if she is a new(Neo) Kyth’faren, she is still

just a troubled teen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Build Chapter

Thanks again. Another great building block chapter. That usually means an action packed chapter is not far off. Looking forward to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Release date question

The next 4 chapters have been written and posted elsewhere so why not have an exact release date for literotica readers. Such as chapter 132 releasing on may 8th elsewhere and us getting it 18 weeks from that release date?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
TMI???

Did the "new J" give away the secret about nymphs to her former employer.

Will he keep this secret? Was the "recording" really deleted? Lots of risks taken.

Will trust be rewarded or betrayed? Too Much Info was shared. IMO

Story seems a little crowded now. Ripe for characters to start dying. My spidee sense is tingling.

Still a fan of the Lion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Something always goes wrong

You know something is going to go wrong, Very wrong. Haha, looking forward to the next chapter :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great work (and a note on Alyssa)

Great work, as always. Thanks for sharing it with us, and looking forward to the next one whenever it appears here. Still hoping to be in a situation to join in on Patreon, but recent events have not been kind to teachers - or their salaries.

In response to some recent comments on Alyssa - yes, she's hardly perfect. The teasing you can discount, I think, given that John has expressed a liking for it (most of the time, she does push the envelope at times). As for the rest of her flaws:

She grew up an orphan, unloved and struggling to survive. Like it or not, her situation as she grew and matured through those vital formative years no doubt has some serious implications for her thinking. An orphan on Karron can't trust strangers, can't trust the government, can't trust the gangs - the only one Alyssa could trust is Dana/Sparks. While John has healed and soothed her, that's not the sort of scar he could polish out without changing some fundamental things about her values and personality.

As for "not caring about anyone outside their core group" - well, this is hardly accurate. Alyssa cares not a whit for people she sees as "bad", but cares rather intensely for those she sees as downtrodden or innocent. Buckingham, Webber, Kirrix, the recent corrupt ruling clan - she cares naught for them. One part her upbringing and the way the Terran Federation did nothing to help; one part the more black and white view typical for teenagers; one part the casual self-assuredness of someone who rarely has to wonder what people are thinking and feeling; and so on.

There's something rather notable about her being the sort of powerful telepath that she has become. For any of us in reality, the true motivations of people remains shrouded in mystery. While we can trust and deduce and so on, we can never "know" what someone's intentions are like. Being able to see the memories of decisions, to know someone's attitude and ethics, any properly written story absolutely must address this for main characters of this sort of power. Alyssa is 99% sure that every kill she makes is a clean, forgivable kill for one reason or another - how could confidence like that not set her on an altogether different path of thinking. She does not have to weigh "maybes" on right and wrong, so she can afford to think in black and white more than a standard human.

Now, none of that makes her perfect. The story has shown her growth, but also shown off her flaws. She takes teasing too far; she grows overconfident in her psychic certainty and is then humbled a bit (remember the admiralty member that had agreed to abort their pregnancy and felt terribly guilty over it?); John has more than once needed to reel her in; etc.

What I would say is that this story has a tendency to revisit points like this in a way that can seem a bit repetitive. Each time John has an issue with the way he changed the girls, it all too often felt like a complete reset, for example. Fine - horrified - reluctantly accepting - fine - horrified - reluctantly accepting - repeat. Similarly, Alyssa seems to make the same mistake all too often.

Now, this is not unbelievable or even unrealistic - but what it is, is usually less than ideal writing approach. Don't get me wrong, the writing in general is fantastic from the world building to the detail, description and phrasing, but "resetting" an issue feels frustrating. If there is a definite sense of progress (even negative progress), then we as readers feel like the story is going somewhere - much like we can appreciate the progress and feel the importance of it when John accepts his claim on the Maliri. You want a mountain to climb (with ups and downs and slower or faster bits, but always generally upwards) and eventually stand at the summit of, not a recurring series of hills that leave you feeling like you're going nowhere.

I would argue that the Alyssa situation is still not at that point. Approaching it perhaps, but I think there is enough change from step to step to excuse it.

Niskera? Alyssa actively went against John's wishes because she figured she knew better. She actively defied him in her belief that she knew better.

The outer rim colonies? Alyssa spoke to the governor and to Lynette without checking with John. She spoke from her values, and also from her understanding of John's views (he wouldn't want another Galon Prime). She thought she was working from John's views, but he then pointed out to her that she had spoken out idealistically, without considering the political implications (destabilizing Terran Federation more) or the personal implications (upsetting and seemingly abandoning Lynette in her already difficult role, not to mention at a very poor time).

Different mistakes, if similar. She is, after all, an impetuous teenager at some level, despite her powerful intellect, great power, and so on. She's an order more powerful than Spiderman, sure, but she's still growing into her great responsibility.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks again

Outstanding, well worth the wait. Thanks again for sharing your work, imagination, and vision. Such a joy when a new chapter is posted.

jwmcleanjwmcleanover 3 years ago

liked the developments in the story and the build up of the characters. I was so sad to see it stop I was just getting my fix and it ended. oh well I don't want to urge you to churn out more I prefer the well constructed story line you have laid down so far. i really want more story but understand its a huge effort and will take some time.

Thank you very much for this exciting adventure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

Just spent the last 3 months reading the entire series. Just the escape I needed during the COVID mess. I can’t wait for the next chapter.

prophet58prophet58over 3 years ago
To Anonymous on 09/14/20

This is from ch-123 page-3 word for word.

Pausing for a moment, the Latina studied her

curiously. "I know you have a special bond with

all the women that John's intimately connected

to, but how do you feel about everyone else?"

Alyssa looked away into the distance. "They're

just... not us."

"Even my family?" Calara asked, looking hurt.

"That's different," Alyssa insisted, propping

herself up on an elbow as she looked down at her

girlfriend. "I know how much they mean to you,

so I'd do anything to keep them safe."

So basically if you are not connected in some way

to her group she feels nothing for you. Her own

words.

prophet58prophet58over 3 years ago
Clarification on Alyssa

I may seem like I don't like Alyssa but that is

not the case. I try to understand her for what she

is. She is an emotionally and mentally traumatized

young girl. She has the emotional mentality of a

8 to 10 year old, okay maybe 12.

She has the mentality of a child and the power of

a god, this makes her extremely unstable and

dangerous to everyone near her, including John and

the girls.

A perfect example is when she blasted a hole through

Progenitor shuttle, she could gave husked Jade(the

Nymphs), Edraele(the Maliri) and all the girls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great googly moogly! Ten pages of awesomeness!!!

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
Caught up again!

I backed off to 125 and read again to draw things out before I read 132. (I’m glad Tefler got Lit’s page straightened out again!). The writing keeps getting better. The scene of Alyssa waking up and everyone touching base with her- that was wonderful. In the last several chapters there’s been spots where you filled in or prevented plot holes I certainly hadn’t thought of. Great writing/editing.

Now I’ll have to reread 132 to see what I missed in my rush. Thanks Tef!

As we all fuss about the delay between chapters (addicts are always grumpy) one thing to keep in mind is that we’ve received several extra long chapters in the last half dozen or so.

Thanks again, Tef! Wow!

HillCountryCowboy

NotlokNotlokover 3 years ago

Nooooooooo I just binged the entire story for the first time took me about 2 month. My god I couldnt put it down. Now I dont know what I'll do waiting for the next installment. Thanks so much for creating and sharing.

yuramwagyuramwagover 3 years ago

5 🌟 as always thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Like always 5* danke gracias merci thank you 🙏

Every month I look forward to a new fantastic written episode

Gracias, Merci , danke , thank you from My heart ❤️

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
Five years of 5*

Hard to believe we’re 3 months away from this epic story’s 5 year anniversary!

Early congrats, Tefler. That’s an incredible achievement.

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Latest Chapter

Very interesting, EMP used as an stand alone offensive weapon, looking forward to the next chapter, and to the appearance on Amazon of your latest books

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

You are a great

storyteller! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Diversions

Bloodshed and lots of it in the next chapter. Will there be a need to go into the "Deep Pool"? Adding even more time delays.

However ..... since John and his crew are delaying the next encounter with other progenitors, will the next fight come to them?

Fan of the Lion

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To the Anon who is offering to send out 133

Just to let you know, your data is traceable and Literotica, nor Tefler will allow you to violate his copywrite with impunity. You will not be the first he has stopped, and I doubt you will be the last. And anyone who asks you for it and receives a copy is also violating that copywrite if they do not have legal access through Patreon membership.

Rus yes, the moderator on Discord's TSM server.

BigDog167BigDog167over 3 years ago
Pretty low offering to send the next chapter.

As much as we all want the next chapter, those of us that can not afford to pay are fine with waiting a reasonable amount of time between chapters. Offering to send one out early is a low move. Tefler will post it when he is ready and if not, there are plenty of other writers on Lit and elsewhere. Heck I am still waiting on Lit to post TJSkywind's next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jehanna's nymph video

I think the video Jehanna shared with her former boss might be part of a larger plan to track down more nymphs.

Once the video gets leaked, the people who still own nymphs might want to get their nymphs to do the same things that John's nymphs do. Or at least do something else that may expose their nymphs to Irillith.

Or the video itself might be some type of a trojan horse. At least initially the video will be leaked to the rich and powerful who are interested in nymphs. One they are identified by Irillith, keeping a close eye on those people would be much easier than searching through the entire population randomly for signs of nymphs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Next?

Hey tefler, when can we expect the next one?

Mg

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
I’m not, I promise!

I swear I’m not checking for an update every day!

HillCountryCowboy

PS. Thanks Tef!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Self-Division Hypothesis: To What Degree Does It Exist in TSM

Have been exploring ways the self-division hypothesis may apply to Tefler’s TSM. Want to mention at least five ways it may apply. In the Terran Federation (TF), for humanity it appears self-division was a common experience (e.g., Alyssa, Sparks/Dana, Calara, Rachel) prior to meeting John. John is unique synthesis of humanity & progenitor. His grandfather and the TF Military provide socialization assisting the development of self-division. Progenitor-John (guide) could be an “non-self-division” example.

If the self-division hypothesis is to some degree relevant, Tefler’s creative story can be viewed potentially from a number of interesting perspectives. First, Alyssa, Sparks/Dana, Calara, & Rachel have approximately 18 years of self-division experiences until John transfers “the gift” to their physiology. Following the date/time the “gift’s” finishes their transformation, the female team appears to develop a non-self-division, singular orientation. Interestingly, their self-division experiences prior to meeting John appear to remain in tact which provides them with two different ways of functioning.

Second, John’s self-division appears with a high degree of consistency in TSM. When challenging John’s reservations, the female team presents their singularity “gifted,” non-self-division orientation in contrast to his worries, doubts, and anxiety. At such times, it could be argued that John could be essentially arguing with himself while speaking to his team. Some TSM readers have viewed John’s self-division as dysfunctional; however, John’s functional processing of his self-division appears to result in decision-making advancing the management of problems. From this perspective, there are no solutions to problems; instead, individuals can improve how they respond and manage problems.

Third, it is also interesting when Calara and Rachel begin applying the singularity “gifted” orientation to their familial relationships following their transformations. The dynamics of their familial relationships appear to reflect self-division (pre-John) and non-self-division (post-John) orientations. Rachel and her father begin moving away from her pre-gift relationship. Calara’s interactions with her parents and siblings result in similar changes. Both sets of family members appear to remain “self-divided” and appear to accept the daughters singular “gifted” perspective.

Fourth, TSM readers have been debating Alyssa’s comments about extinguishing the lives of the “bad guys” (e.g., pirates, rogue Admirals, Kirrix, Brimorians). Because Alyssa is John’s XO, she often finds herself in discussions with individuals (e.g., Admirals, Governors). Her singular “gifted” perspective is functional in the matriarchal role on the Invictus; however, it viewed as dysfunctional in a galaxy where a majority of others appear to function primarily through the lens of self-division. In TSM 132, Alyssa’s worldview creates a problem for Lynnette causing John to intervene. Alyssa’s non-self-division orientation appears to lack functionality in a world where there are no solutions to problems and there is a gradual movement to improve how we respond to life’s problems.

Fifth, the issue of immortality for John and his team is a fascinating TSM feature. Immortality appears to be associated with physiological/socialization gifted transformative experience for the female team members. While immortality has positive implications for the present and the future, the self-division hypothesis could raise questions about its eventual feasibility. Since John and his team live in a world/galaxy and inhabitants who are “self-divided” with no solutions to problems, there will always be complications. If this statement is accurate, it raises at least two interesting questions: “How will John & the team choose to use the ‘time and energy’ allotted to their lives?” “Is it possible for John and his team to transform the world/galaxy and the inhabitants from self-division to the non-self-division state where problems have solutions?” Telfer’s TSM may offer a clue via the Mael'nerak who appears to have made the decision to ignore the Kirrix and spend his time and energy in other pursuits.

mikecflmikecflover 3 years ago
There is no info. !!!

There has been no info from Tefler or anyone else on Patreon nor was a chapter posted for September. This has a lot of fans concerned but everyone will just have to be patient until Tefler communicates.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
It’s true, I promise

I swear I’m not checking daily for updates. And especially not checking two or three times a day.

Thanks Tef!

- HillCountryCowboy

alxyalxyover 3 years ago
Dear Edraele,

I’m somewhat concerned that you don’t seem to be doing a particularly good job as Matriarch/Queen of the Maliri. In particular, the other old matriarchs were all part of your psychic network - what you called your “wards” - but you don’t seem to have made any attempt to “ward” any of them from their daughters, even after you discovered what Sarinia had told them. Even a telepathic heads-up might have helped. I’m particularly concerned about House Waephyra. How can you have heard nothing from Vestele? She’s part of your network - surely you can tell whether she’s alive or dead, or whether she’s feeling threatened. If you really can’t detect anything at all, that suggests something a LOT more sinister. We all know that a Progenitor attack is imminent - it might have already begun!

You could spirit-walk long before Alyssa or John could, but since becoming Matriarch and Queen, I feel you haven’t really been developing your powers. Can you not spirit-walk to Vestele to see what’s happening, and maybe intervene? A bit like Alyssa and Sakura did to rescue John when his Guide trapped him in the hive queen. Also a bit of psychic mind-reading and Coercion might well be needed to keep Sarinia and the other new daughter-matriarchs in line until John gets there.

And another thing... I really think, while you’re waiting for John to return to Genthelas, you ought to pay a visit to the Valaden family archives, or to the Maliri equivalent of Ancestry.com. Specifically, we’re all desperate to know who “Shanryl” is, and what relationship she has, if any, to our favourite twins Rill and Shan. An aunt or cousin maybe? More distant? We know from the Mael’nerak recordings that Valada was expecting TWINS. Is there, perhaps, a second eldritch bloodline, hidden on Lahlenor?

Lots to discover, and you have a key part to play. Good luck!

alxyalxyover 3 years ago
On the Fate of the Larathyrans

Consider the fate of a thrall species when their progenitor is defeated in battle and killed. This would be after a protracted battle between thrall fleets in which millions (all female) would be killed on each side. Eventually, the losing progenitor would be captured, psychically overpowered, and killed. In the process, all his remaining thralls would be drained and extinguished. The remnant of the thrall species would consist of men, of all ages, and children, mostly girls. Their civilisation would be in ruins, with a complete power vacuum. This is how the Larathyrans now are.

So, what happens next, assuming the entire species isn't wiped out by the victorious progenitor's thralls, or some other alien species? Well, many of the menfolk may well be totally subservient to the younger girls, but I suspect not all. A few of the older men will see this as an opportunity to establish their own dominance. After all, their role-model was their former progenitor, who effortlessly and callously dominated them all, enthralling every female of age. Such men will establish themselves as warlords, picking over their ruined civilisation to cement their little empires. The subservient men, and the children, would become their slaves. As the girl-children matured, they would become prized as breeding-stock for the next generations. But not just prized. It wouldn't be long before these warlords started using these younger women for their own sadistic pleasure. After all, with a gender-ratio of 20:1, who cares if a few of them get... broken... there are always plenty more. Again, the pleasures taken by their former progenitor master would be their role-model.

A new order would establish itself, with cruel, sadistic, men in charge, and the female majority of the population in abject slavery, living horrific painful lives, brutally cut short, with only enough allowed to live long enough to provide the next generation. All forms of cruelty, torture and degradation would be condoned, even prized as an art-form.

So the Larathryans seem to be on the cusp of this. For Auralei's sake, and the other young girls, we can only hope that John or some of his Lionesses can get to them in time, and can intervene to prevent this otherwise inevitable descent into horror.

The Maliri were very much the exception. Mael'nerak severed his connection to Valada and his thrall network, so that when he sacrificed himself, he left the existing matriarchal power structure in place. The particular forms of Drowish cruelty their society then embarked on might have been inevitable, but were probably preferable to the alternative. One feature, however, that most progenitor-less thrall species would share, would be a tendency to hide their true features, behind armour, or cloak and mask, to try to avoid being re-enthralled by some new progenitor.

Does any of this sound familiar? Alyssa saw, in the echoes on the Legacy, Mael'nerak battling against some other thrall species. Presumably he had to overcome, in the traditional manner, some other progenitor before he could establish an empire in this sector of the galaxy. Those thralls had yellow skin and red hair. We don't yet know the colour of their eyes, but maybe they were red, like the Enshunu.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting theory Alxy

Very interesting indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I agree Alxny.

I think the Enshunu are a former Thrall species also.

And what did Faye see on the Invictus’s internal monitors that she never had an opportunity to tell John about? And what’s causing the odd psychic interactions with the Alyssium? Has the new warp gate been built and is there an active invasion?

Perhaps Calara should have been named Cassandra. She keeps saying that seizing Larn’s fleet is the highest priority, but it keeps not happening.

Thanks Tef! You have us sitting on the edge of our seats!

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

To all users of this site who constantly ask for updates or chapters just be happy there are still 4 chapters that have already been written and submitted to patreon. Compared to patreon users, literotica users are tame in comparison you would not believe how much worse patreons users are in waiting for new chapters. Most think telfer has died since no contact in a month, most cry they are in contact with him personally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yawn

I guess you need some backstory, but none of the major plot threads progressed in this chapter. Here’s to hoping next month is back on track.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Absences

I have no idea what the situation is on patreon, but it isn’t uncommon for us to go 8 weeks or more without new content (we’ve gone around 12 before). So it really isn’t time for us to go all Chicken Little

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Eagerly

As usual great reading.....Die-ling eagerly waiting for the next, and hoping for it to be bit longer chapter.

BigDog167BigDog167over 3 years ago
Been over a month,

Time for me to start checking daily for a new chapter. LOL

FroggieDudeFroggieDudeover 3 years ago
anyone heard from teffler?

@mikecfl, has anyone heard from him at all over there on patreon or the discord or anything? Did the man get the 'rona and die or what?

mikecflmikecflover 3 years ago
Sooo

There is no info from Tefler at all on Patreon. No discord users are posting anything and there has been no contact from Tefler since Sept 7th. No one has any info they are sharing. There is a lot of concern from Patreon's but nothing as far as information.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Big dog

I get you. I’ve been reading since chapter 2 went up and remember when 14 days was a long time between chapters. While I am grateful to Tefler, I do so miss the old days when the progression and release was so much faster. Today it feels like a year to read what was once a month or so.

Hoping all is well with the great story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Don't think anything bad happened

I don't think anything bad happened to Tefler. Because I posted a comment on this chapter 2 weeks ago speculating one of the plot lines (Jehanna sharing nymph video to her boss). And it was deleted in a few hours. Maybe the speculation got too close to the actual upcoming story.

So obviously Tefler is active. Just hasn't posted anything for a while.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
Irrelevant Anons

How sad is your life if you must invent fairy tales to provoke a response, just to add some pale, weak meaning to your existence?

If anyone has wondered what truly pathetic behavior looks like, observe these trolling anons who never outgrew making up and spreading middle school rumors, like spiteful little girls.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Tefler.

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
LOVE IT

Just finished re reading all 132 chapters i cant tell you haw much i love this story.

I cant wait for the next chapter i hope it comes soon.

I have a lot of theories about what is coming i wont post the hear i dont want to spoil any thing if i happen to be right.

i do hope there is a future for john and Rhan working together.

as i have said i love this story i hope all is well

thank you and please keep wrighting

FroggieDudeFroggieDudeover 3 years ago
Perhaps

Hillcountry is right, clearly the comments are being moderated, since all the "oh leaked chapters click here" posts and "he's dead!" posts have been deleted. But does that prove its tefler doing it? Would not the lit admins/mods be able to do so as well?

That said, dude's got a 1yr old and posted a few months back that his dad was diagnosed with lymphoma, so there's every chance he's just been busy AF and unable to devote the time and energy to writing.

Still would be nice to hear from him tho

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

How much poon is too much poon for a poon doggy-dog?

Poon doggy, dawww-gee-dawwwwwg. Dog-dog-dog.................

Where or where did our little Tefler go, oh where, oh where can he beeeeee!!!!!!!???!!!!!!!!

I hear'd he's gettin' eet up der butt in a cloesit some d'where.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
okay now

Tefler has posted on his other site he explained his being gone for so long .If you want a more complete explanation you will have to go over there .Im sure he will post here eventually so be patient.

Wallguy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
TEFLER IS BACK

just found a new response on patreon

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Alxy Theory

Think Alxy's spot on. Thanks for sharing. Tefler really put a lot of planning into this epic saga.

Glad the frenzy over last few weeks has calmed down and sanity is back (for now).

Easy-nuh-man

mikecflmikecflover 3 years ago
He's

Alive. Tefler posted on Patreon at 10:59 my time. He listed numerous things that has kept him from writing or making contact. Don't know when he will post here but he's back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

FYI, Tefler just sent out a Patreon update email recently. Suffering from some family and writer's block issues, but he says he's back on track! Stay tuned to this channel...

Horseman68Horseman68over 3 years ago
Thank the Stars!

So glad to hear that he is OK and still with us in these difficult times. Not to mention, would have been such a shame for the epic masterpiece that he has created to so sadly end. Tefler, and John and the girls, deserve so much more. 🚀

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
Glad to hear about Tefler!

I hope the “sky is falling” anons are ashamed! But let’s face it, the ability to feel shame is positively correlated with intelligence, therefore, most anonymous Chicken Littles are shameless.

Thanks Tef! Keep up the fabulous work!

(Yes, I’m checking daily for updates)

HillCountryCowboy

Death_samuraiDeath_samuraiover 3 years ago
Glad your ok

Glad to hear that tefler is ok, would hate for this epic story to just stop without a perfect finish

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My problem with these chapters

I have been waiting anxiously for this chapter to come out as it's building in such a slow burning manner that you just know that when this finally goes it's going to be epic. The only problem? I'm like an addict now because every time I get a chapter, I binge it in one go and then am sad because I know it'll probably be another 3-6 months before the next chapter comes out 😟 keep banging the rocks together Tefler, this story is awesome and I love it and I am desperately awaiting my next dose of TSM 😍

Constructive_CriticisizerConstructive_Criticisizerover 3 years ago
Wouldn't have even noticed...

If I hadn't heard Tefler was missing for 7 weeks, I wouldn't have even noticed...

I sort of expect new chapters every 2ish months now so nothing appeared out of the ordinary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
glad Tef is ok.

Looking for his new chapter brings a spark to my life in these crazy depressing times. Its nice to see what new ideas he's come up with for us each time and it made me quite sad to think he might not be able to finish the story. Glad to hear he is ok.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Any update on new story ?

Hi guys, since the mystery of Tefs disappearance is over, any news on when we might get a new story here ?

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
No news on a new chapter that I’m aware of

But the pins and needles I’m waiting on are getting sharper!

I won’t mind though, hopefully Tefler is doing well, has good news about his family’s health, and is in a zone and writing up a storm. (If even one or two of those things happen, he’s a blessed man!)

I’m patiently waiting, impatiently lol. We appreciate the gift of Tefler’s opus, so we’re grateful whenever another chapter is released.

Thanks Tef!

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hoping The great one will throw us a bone

Patron is up to 136 part 2. We are starving at 132. To quote a great writers character,

Oliver, “Please sir, I want some more”

Thank you for sharing your great story Mr. Tefler, would you please give us some more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Cryin' out loud...

it was obviously decided long ago that new chapters would come out every 2 months for free, so the author can have a few chapters ahead. If one pops up before then for free (because one can't afford Patreon), then that's gravy.

Constructive_CriticisizerConstructive_Criticisizerover 3 years ago
Suck it up

Freebie readers were supposed to be 1 (or 2?) chapters behind paid readers.

However, we're now 3.5-4 chapters behind and the gap will probably just get bigger.

It's not the end of the world. There's tons of good reading out there. As long as Tefler's still writing, you'll eventually get your 3 square meals.

I've had favored writers "disappear" to never return, and 1 even confirmed passed away (writer of a series of vampire/werewolf/alien related stories on SOL).

Tefler went missing for 7 weeks and is back for now, so rejoice. Freebie readers complaining/asking for their next free chapter don't mean a thing to Tefler. Freebie readers are the equivalent of people who don't vote. Politicians hear you but you don't really get a say in how things work.

I'm being harsh, but I'm a freebie reader too. I've been reading other equally good stuff so I'm fine with it.

BigDog167BigDog167over 3 years ago
Everyone calm down

Every chapter we get this BS. Some free readers get pissy because we are getting further and further behind the guys who can pay. Then somebody says rude stuff about the free readers. Folks while I understand the waiting gets harder the longer we have to wait on each chapter, I am reasonable sure we will get them all sooner or later. If they get to long between chapters I personally will just find writers that post more often and forget TSM.

As for picking on the free readers, new people are finding the story all the time. Pissing them off by being rude just means they will not turn into paying readers. So everyone take a chill. One thing I would like to see if Tefler post a link to his money site in the comments of every chapter for the new people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I have to wait for months...

You guys are worried about ch. 133.. What about me? I grabbed ch 133,134 and 135.1 while it was there... I have a really long wait for 135.2....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Patreon link

It's in his bio. It's reasonable these days to expect a patreon link to be in the about me/bio section of whatever platform or social media people are using. Newbies should have no problem finding the link.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
re: declining readers

idk why you would include the numbers for early chapters because back then waiting more than a week was very rare. the readership drops there very obviously have nothing to do with "publishing politics". hell, tefler didn't even have a patreon until halfway through the story (halfway in terms of chapter count; due to increased chapter size the bulk of the story is in the latter half of chapters). this is easily verified too since the post dates are visible to anyone who cares to check.

imo the reasons readship drops over time are 1) new readers trying out the early chapters and realizing the story isn't for them for whatever reason and 2) people rereading early chapters while waiting for the newest one to be released

TeflerTeflerover 3 years agoAuthor
Chapter 133 status

I've just submitted the next chapter for moderation, so hopefully that should be published soon.

Apologies for the long delay in releasing chapter 133. It took me a lot of effort to wrap up chapter 136 and I was solely focused on that for the last couple of months.

Tefler

TREK1TREK1over 3 years ago
And anonymous Tefler strikes again

Yeah Yeah I know you're going to delete my comment as well as you did the numbers one AND you're going to deny it being you. I said I won't be back before next year as you won't post before then and so far I'm right. I was just curious to see who else woke up to your BS.

You've been warned that your starvation technique and greed will cost you readers. You're making 4 or 5 times what you said it will take to quit your job and write full time and put out more chapters, the same as you promised to keep Lit readers 2 chapters behind your sucker patreon readers. Now you're making so much money that you neglect even your paying readers and they see that, that's why you loose them as well.

Once again I will be bold and predict that TSM won't be on here for much longer as you're following your dear friend Etaski's example, just so you know, she's so hard up for money that she keep sending out emails to see if readers will bite and pay for her work. your word means NOTHING and you cannot or don't care to keep your commitments.

Maybe visit you in January if you're still on here.

TK

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
Courageous anons

I wish all these commentators would be brave enough to put an imaginary screen name on their comments, so they could be engaged as individuals.

Thanks for your epic opus Tefler!

HillCountryCowboy

treblaniaktreblaniakover 3 years ago
TY

and I bet its worth the wait Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
is Teflers star dropping?

If you look at the numbers for most multi-chapter stories you will observe that chapter one has the largest number of readers. Not everyone liked it well enough to read chapter two. The numbers usually dwindle down by chapter 10 to a number that is more relevant as to the writers ability to entertain, loyalty of the readers and the genre.

Do not be deceived by the numbers they are not entirely accurate as to how many readers have read a story or chapter. The numbers do not reflect if a read is reading for the first time or the fifth time. I am aware that many readers making comments have read TSM more than once, myself, well more than five.

The last time was due to a comment that stated "Tef had rewritten" parts of the story I deem as the (woe be to me, self-flagellation) moody blues. Turns out some one was screwing with us. I had read 128 chapters and was looking to write a WTF response post when I discovered it had been deleted. Guess some one was asleep and didn't catch that one in time.

The numbers also do not take in to account how much reader traffic is occurring. Is read traffic for the web site down now compared to Chapter One which was released 12/20/15. That was five years ago things change look at what COViD has created or destroyed according to ones POV.

There are a number of writers that had large numbers of followers that are no longer posting. Don't known why, death, old age, health, pissed at way the site is being run, muses leaving them, writers block, life getting in the way or for any other of a hundred possible reasons. I do know that numbers of good writers are not being replaced at the rate they are declining. Tef has been one of the exceptions. We are lucky to have him.

You never know when you are living in good times, until you are not. Let ups hope that in 6 months we will not fell like we are living in good times in November of 2020. Best of Tef and family. Be safe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
133 coming soon

its on its way probably tomorrow

MadMacs2010MadMacs2010over 3 years ago

I can't help but notice that the releases of free chapters seems to becoming more infrequent compared to visible comments on Teflers patreon page. Whilst I respect him for favouring his paid subscribers, I'm wondering if this trend will continue until, if we want to read the final chapters in the story we'll have to buy a sub? I'm buying each book as it's released on Amazon, I just can't a afford to pay for patreon subscriptions on a regular basis. 😕

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
who moderates / censors the comments?

does anybody know who moderates the comments?

One day Tefler announces chapter 133 to be published, next day the message is gone. My "negative" comment with the numbers - as predicted - gone.

rgds Emmi

bob9bob9over 3 years ago
re: hillcountrycowboy

pseudonymity doesn't require any more courage than anonymity. either way you're never going to face any real consequences for anything you say here. idk why everyone here is so fixated on "courage" when it's far more likely that people just don't feel like putting in the effort to create an account when it's much faster to write an anonymous comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Trek1

Wow. So much hate.

You do realize the numbers are down because of the thousands (between 4 and 5 thousand) of readers who pay Tefler and don't really care for the layout of Lit, right? Yet numbers are down....lmao. His subscriptions keep going up...so why are you giving out misleading information?

And Tefler has been a man of his word and will continue to post TSM till it finishes here for free.

As for starvation: the man is putting out about 30k per month on average and he is practicing starvation tactics? LMAO even more! Few authors here can match it....very few.

And, while Tefler has had a few months of hiatus, what you don't know about his family situation and the lockdown in Britain is obvious, as is your being self-centered! Anyone who has a heart knows that family comes first.

What you also fail to realize is you are getting this epic for free...so practice at least a modicum of decency and be a little grateful: as opposed to being an entitled ass.

RustheMod.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
re: bob9

Cowardice or laziness? They’re wusses either way, seeking to spout off without being engaged in a conversation.

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
wtf?

Who eats pancakes with lemon juice???

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why not just talk to the Brimorians?

I'm puzzled that John and all the girls seem to have a huge blind spot when it comes to handling the Brimorians. No one has suggested talking to them. Diplomacy is, after all, just warfare through other means. (Paraphrasing Clausewitz) It can do no harm to speak to the Brimorians, and it might just put the fear of God into them since they've sent their entire fleet into dragon territory and a threat to bomb a few of their planets into rubble as reprisals for not calling off their invasion might do a lot of persuading. Especially notifying them that some planets they just took had been ceded to humanity as reparations, and that the T-Fed would look unfavorably on the Brimorians for taking what didn't belong to them, might give them pause.

And yeah, I know that the Brimorians just spanked a human fleet, and just took back the *mumble* shoals that they had lost earlier to humanity, so they aren't feeling too afraid of humanity right now. But John can easily point out that he isn't exactly a representative of only humanity right now, and that his one ship managed to destroy the bulk of the dragon invasion fleet. And threaten to do the same to the Brimorians if they don't back down. And sure, it might not work. But again, talking doesn't cost anything, and not even considering the tactic seems odd to me.

FVLL3NFVLL3Nabout 3 years ago
Anonymous 12/26/20

Because they tried to kill John and the girls. John was gonna kill the Deep Lord at any rate due to that and he probably see who else needs purging while there. I highly doubt he is about to commit genocide

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I agree with FVLL3N

When the brimordians installed the kill switch on the shield generator it was a big betrayal. Then to send the codes to the invading Kintark was even worse. That had a chance ( if the crew didnt find it in like three seconds) to cost them not only the battle of terra, but also their lives. John is like a lot of us. There is no peace for those that hurt or try to hurt our family.

I understand talking doesn't cost anything, but talking to the people that tried to kill you? ok to be honest the people that set you up to be killed by others. Diplomacy is not even in the realm of thought.

I also agree that John unless further provoked is not going to commit genocide on them. Maybe just there deep pool?

Just my opinion,

Raven

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Because you are constantly adding new women to the crew the only thing John is now good for is sex.

And why the soft attitude towards Alyssa? Just dump her as matriarch, she still didn’t talk to Sakura about the task and if she could do anything to help her. And she also didn’t ask Sakura why she didn’t trust Alyssa enough to share het feelings with her. Only Rachel tried but was ordered not to by Alyssa.

Besides that, she didn’t talk to Lynette either. She is starting to behave like a Maliri bitch, holding John’s leach. Why does he accepts her behavior??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I so not like Alyssa. Now I not only skip the sexscenes but also most of the scenes with Alyssa in it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6804 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES