All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 016'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Awesome job keep em coming

Damn your story is good. The plot is awesome. Keep updating soon please.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Hot green alien chick as requested. ;)

Be honest, did you guys think I'd lost it and was going to add a manga character? ^^

I read everyone's concerns about expanding the harem too much and I've taken that on board. I'm sure I can handle this addition though, so let's see if I'm right.

Ch 17 is already submitted and should hopefully be an interesting read. I'm working on Ch 18 now.

Just to give you fair warning, Xcom2 comes out on 5th Feb, so I'll probably be taking a brief break from writing while I save humanity from marauding aliens!

bj2004bj2004about 8 years ago
Great

When you finally finish which i hope will be way distant please can you post the full story so i can download and read again on my kindle

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Agree

Couldn't agree more with the last post.

Dawgbite38Dawgbite38about 8 years ago

Love this series. Would buy in book form. One of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Awesome story so far!

Great work on this story, one of my favorites.

FatherSinFatherSinabout 8 years ago
Almost sorry about people thinking it is too good

This will not quiet the people that expect things to be more challenging.

I have no problems with it because I can see some things at work that make it all make sense.

Let me tell you about what I call the law of 10%.

Let's say that you have something that gives you an advantage. Say you are 10% faster. That gives you control of the tactical situation. You can now run or fight when it suits you. You win or at least you are able to lose with only a conceding the battlefield.

That increases your confidence. You can focus and fight with less fear. That can give you a 10% improvement in efficiency.

Tactically you are also able to outmaneuver the enemy by keeping them away and circling each other until you get the angle that helps you. That improves your defense and offense each by 10%.

There a lot of 10% advantages in play. They all cascade and multiply. Invictus is a monster.

There are also some -10% penalties on the Pirates. They are not as trained and effective. With less automation they are slower to respond. Their morale is hurt by seeing the rest of their fleet destroyed without scratching the Invictus.

The Stalingrad is a fat steer waiting to be slaughtered.

There will be plenty of battles where things are scary. This is not one of them. A good author allows range in his stories.

I expect that there will people complaining when they run across something like a single alien in a spacesuit that shuts down and captures the Invictus if that is part of a later story.

For another point, the story is fast paced and I think most people love that. These dominating victories help keep things moving. I expect more people would tune out or skip a chapter where there was a 6 hour running battle full of hide and seek and back and forth exchanges. Some people would love it and chew up the suspense. Others would be griping "More making out with hot chicks already!"

Final love, with defense against those with expectations.

Even though she just got here, I want Jade to be part of John's "harem" very much.

How can anyone complain about a green/shapechanging hot alien girl being added to the story? I feel like they need to be feeling just the opposite. I have said it before but the more the merrier. Another girl? Each is unique. Each girl is different.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

It's good to hear everyone has been enjoying the story so far.

FatherSin: I'm glad that came across in this one. The Invictus is a great ship with a gifted crew, but just going toe-to-toe mindlessly with the pirates would have been a fatal mistake. Instead they used all their cumulative advantages to take them apart.

Oh and I'm happy to hear you liked Jade. :D

audovoiceaudovoiceabout 8 years ago
Looking forward to more!

I feel like this is the sort of story it is. John is a bit super human but in a world with aliens, cybernetics, and multiple powerful armies, it does not need to be a story without challenges, the pirates just weren't up to the task. I was happy the pirate leader was not able to use a few hostages to get away. It would have been a disappointing resolution. I don't think it is a tactic that would work in that case, especially with the characters you have written, who are so good at problem solving and so eagar to troubleshoot problems with their guns. I hate it when clever characters suddenly have trouble thinking of solutions as soon as plot demands they be knocked on their ass for a change.

Also I was laughing at myself for how much it bugged me they could not save the pirate's bootie! All those fictional gems blown to smithereens, along with a fine ship. At least they saved Jade, who is technically pirate booty in both senses of that word.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
well written

it makes me want to see whats next. keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
@audovoice

You do know john isn't human right? It was in a conversation between him and Alyssa. They didn't get into what his race really is but it is mentioned he isn't fully human.

FatherSinFatherSinabout 8 years ago
Boarding Actions

Worth reminding the doubters that John was a Marine Commander. He was the person that showed other Marines how it was done and kept them out of trouble during boarding actions. I suspect he was very good at his job. He makes defenders fail as a habit more than likely.

Now Alyssa is all about making John happy. She has a telepathic link that I suspect or even assume let's her pretty much download his skills. She has enough enhancement that she can use maybe even improve it. Her accuracy is a good example. That link also makes her the best teammate ever. You go there - I will go there- shoot him, I take the other one. While it hasn't been specified, I don't think the telepathy is taking very long to send a message. I suspect most of these thoughts John sends her get across to her in less than a second which is much faster than a verbal commands would take, and all without alerting the enemy.

Basically if they boarded your ship, you are fucked. Even more so now that Sparks has thrown her monkey wrench in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Yes, I was fooled for a sec.

I first suspected Jade to be somekind of sexbot. And actually hoped a pink haired melon bot wouldnt be in the story for long. BUT when she changed I felt relieved that you didnt add her like it looked like. Love it!

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Sorry, I just couldn't resist! :)

airgodairgodabout 8 years ago
Outstanding

All this and you play Xcom too! Best series on here keep up the great work

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

I've submitted Chapter 18 today and I'm making good strides into Ch 19.

Not sure why the site takes so long to approve them, sheer volume of stories I guess, but hopefully 17 should be available soon.

sailandoarsailandoarabout 8 years ago
Thank . . .

. . . U, gifted writer!

kaiser27kaiser27about 8 years ago

Sometimes you make your characters act very stupidly in combat.

Inevitable_Inevitable_about 8 years ago
deck consistency

During the boarding of the Stalingrad, you describe them going up in an elevator and stopping at deck 3 to kill pirates before getting out at deck 4, following standard maritime deck conventions. However the Invictus goes in reverse with deck 1 being the top. I don't know how you'd want to handle it but given all the descriptions of the Invictus, it makes sense to change the Stalingrad if that is something you feel needs to be changed. Both are former TFN ships so it would generally make sense for them to be the same.

Given that space has no ground/sea floor, I've always thought the Invictus way makes more sense so personally I'm happy it's that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
alternate plot

If the pirate had accepted the nymph's offer for assistance, how would the encounter have progressed?

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Thankful Jade's Assistance Rejected...

... knowing how that could have been a disaster.

ExisaelExisaelabout 7 years ago
Still cracks me up.

So the pirate captains idea of feminine perfection was a manga girl? Oh man, weeaboo alert. That's hilarious.

EasynuhmanEasynuhmanabout 7 years ago
Well written

Saving the most valuable gem (Jade) and ignoring the looted treasure was a master stroke.

miklosfairmiklosfairalmost 7 years ago
I was wondering when a sexy shape-shifter...

I was wondering when you'd introduce a sexy shape-shifter into the story. Jade sounds like she's in for some very kinky shenanigans. I'm also beginning to wonder about John's unending sexual prowess and the mystery of his four balls. Guess I'll just have to keep reading to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A fucking anime alien chick.....hahahahahahah

Damn this story is just the fucking best, dude.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Guy's retirement has certainly taken a turn for the eventful! Beats sipping coffee at IHOP.

Rocky_NorthRocky_Northover 3 years ago
Oh, come on!

Your editor should be fired! How DARE you may make such grievous errors of accuracy as this; they make it utterly unreadable!

You wanna know what you got wrong? Fine, I'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU GOT WRONG!! There is NO WAY a good homemade bolognese sauce takes anything less than 3 hours to cook. (wink) (snicker)

Okay, okay, I'm done now. In truth, Five Stars. This remains a fantastic series and looking forward to the next hundred (holy cripes) installments. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

O.K. then

??? What just happened?

My head is spinning. I need to re-watch /reread this episode to come to grips with this story.

Yes indeed.

RazzakelRazzakelover 2 years ago

Hoping Jade doesn't change how she looks, loving the dark green!!

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

Ok, for me, now this story is rolling. The sex scenes are in somewhat proper proportion to the story, which is pretty good. Cant wait to see how this develops

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excitement at maximum 💥

And what a celebration .... adding a new crew /family member 🔥

A five ⭐ chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You just rescued 15 strangers and dump them into random rooms without sustenance. First thing you do before they are set up or you are on your way to Port Heracles, shower and fuck away an hour. The ship can float randomly in space for that time.

Did the author never learn the difference between to,two and too? Idiotic simple mistakes make this a catastrophe of epic proportions (seeing as it is the SAME scene replayed over and over, day after day...)

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Crackers in places but so good.

texstertexsterabout 1 year ago
The future sounds amazing

The neutron weapons and intergalactic travel are cool, but if you’re telling me that in the future you can take sheets of pasta and raw ingredients, and have a fully cooked lasagna in 30 minutes, put my ass in Carbonite or someone fetch me a bright blue Police Box (and perhaps invite Amelia Pond or River Song or Clara Oswald along…oh but I’m getting off track).

Now, as for the chapter - Sparks hacks every ship computer the pirates have, even controlling the guns inside the heavy cruiser, but she can’t (and doesn’t try to) diffuse the self-distruct? I know it’s more convenient, plot wise, to blow the heavy cruiser up, but there was so much evidence on board that could have shed light on the shady dealings of the pirates - like who was bankrolling them…not to mention the jewels and all the equipment on board - if the Invictus was worth 100M credits then the Staliningrad was probably worth close to that. Would have taken some finesse to fit it into the narrative but it could have been taken back to the shipyard and upgraded, and been the second ship in John’s burgeoning empire (because let’s face it, he’s going to have an empire…I know this is my first reading, and I’m over 100 chapters behind, but clearly the man is going to be a leader).

Anyway…I fully recognize how much easier it is to sit on this side and review in hindsight, and I’m still reading, so I hope my comments are taken as observations, not criticism, because that is how it is intended.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

... wonderful space battle scenes, and John gains a Nymph too, ... great chapter, .... ;-) TTFN

ranec1ranec1about 1 year ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Shields at 22%." Sparks said. "That was a close one!"

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

@texster

You are right, it would have complicated the story a bit with that ship sticking around, However...

"'He must have had a dead man's switch, the self destruct's been activated! The Stalingrad's going to blow in three minutes and I can't turn it off!' she yelled."

It is insinuated at this point that Sparks made the attempt to shut off the self destruct. I also wouldn't be surprised if she continued to try to deactivate it while "off camera".

ranec1ranec19 months ago
WHERE IS IT!!

patiently waiting for the yellow N

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith5 months ago

Charging to the rescue, like Calara's White Knight, .... taking out Pirates and Kirrix too, .... plus, they get a sexy Nymph (Jade) as a bonus, ... nice chapter, lots of action, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith2 months ago

Well, Sparks was quite busy at her Engineering station, redistributing the available power to where it was most needed, ... then she hacked into 'military grade encryption' and she also tracked the fleeing Pirate ships, ... When the Invictus gets its new, powerful Ashanath power core, I suppose all that switching of power priorities will be a thing of the past, ... so Sparks might not need to be stuck sitting at her ships' engineering monitor station, ... What else might she be doing? Playing lovingly with all her new engineering toys I would imagine, .... ;-) ttfn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6813 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES