All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 024'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Another success!

That's a hell of a learning curve, to get your ass almost beaten up in order to learn (new armor tech, abilities..), but learning and growing is the key for a good story.

As for the near future, beside the obvious - John learning to control his power (aka the hulk), Dana improving tech (armor, ship, AI please) as they are getting into contact with the Greys I would like to see Alyssa learning about her psychic ability from them.

Maybe start projecting also = Jean Grey / Phoenix??

sailandoarsailandoarabout 8 years ago
Adventure . .

. . compassion, romance, invention, exploration, character development, good dialog, what did I miss?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for another excellent chapter.

All characters becoming aware of their own and eachother's capabilities will undoubtedly enhance each character's further development.

Can't wait to find out what sharing Drakkar technology with the Ashanath may bring them, in technology, knowledge and personal development of abilities...

twistedromantic420twistedromantic420about 8 years ago

I love this story but that was a long wait for what was basically a recap of last chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Boring and dull are some of the words that come to mind when I read this chapter, again no continuation of the storyline what so ever. In future if your going to do a chapter that is only sex then please say for example that the following chapter in no way continues the storyline and can essentially be seen as a filler chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Contact

I have been reading since you popped out the first chapter. I must say, it's an awesome series and I'm loving the way it's going! If someone has ideas that they would like to throw at you, how they get in contact to pitch said ideas?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good stuff

But after the previous chapters little scrap, they really need a Doctor. Someone that can hold them alive until john can fix them, perhaps a new girl or It being jades job..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Hello again

IMHO - much to much sex - no story :-( . A little boring this chapter.

But its your story - I really like it - and I really wait for the next chapter.

Bye

Harald

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Very good

While I agree that this did not really push the plot this chapter, it did set it up to really expand later, showing new tech, and how the crew is handling new abilities. Also, sometimes sex chapters are just what you need. This is a sex lit. site after all. Keep it up and write how you want. We all love it.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

"All characters becoming aware of their own and eachother's capabilities will undoubtedly enhance each character's further development."

I've read lots of books where something significant happened and the various people in the group didn't bother to tell each other about it for ages and its just left hanging there, unresolved.

Calara, Dana and Jade aren't around John much during combat, so they aren't likely to get an opportunity to see him smashing stuff up unless I come up with something contrived. Reviewing the camera footage seemed like a good way of killing two birds with one stone, as well as letting John see himself in action when he blacked out.

I'm sorry some people didn't like this chapter, but in my opinion it was a good way of resolving the three points above in one fell swoop!

"I love this story but that was a long wait for what was basically a recap of last chapter"

I'm typically churning out about chapter and half a week. I think I've been spoiling you if you consider that a long wait!

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

"If someone has ideas that they would like to throw at you, how they get in contact to pitch said ideas?"

Firstly I'm glad you're really enjoying the story. Same to everyone else for the kind comments below. My email address is in the Tefler author profile, just click on contact and add your email address and I'll respond.

I've had a bunch of emails and I've read them all, some of which have had some really great suggestions. Hopefully you will have seen some of your ideas being incorporated into the story so far. Jade started out as a blue skinned alien called Opal, but someone requested a green alien girl instead, so I rewrote the character when looking up precious stones/gems to base it on and found an awesome image of a Tiger made out of Jade. The character kind of wrote itself at that point. :)

There's been a few requests for a Doctor/scientist and I hear your pleas, one is on her way!

I've seen a few comments about too much sex, but as someone mentioned, this site is about erotic literature after all! I try to get a decent balance of space battles, ground battles, world building, character building and romance in there too but the girls are pretty much going to get a good going over at least once a chapter. ;)

Anyway, the next chapter is all about the plot, world building and character development, so hopefully you will enjoy that. I'm about 75% through it at the moment, so it will probably be up on the site early next week.

basurabasuraabout 8 years ago
Sugestions

Somebody suggested to add an IA to the ship for raising the shields, but it's not really necessary. It's been established that the ship got a lot of automations on the last refit, and there is some kind of computer managing things, so you just need to set up those automations. Whether to add an AI or not depends on whether it fits with the story you have in mind or not.

You get suggestions, but this is YOUR story, so you should think and use or adapt them IF you like them, but don't feel obligated to please everybody everytime.

MechTeckMechTeckabout 8 years ago
Suggestions

I would suggest energy absorbing shields instead of deflecting that would charge a weapons array to fire back in a continuous beam at the foe, in effect an automatic defence mechanism that would return fire until the crew were in position to attack

FatherSinFatherSinabout 8 years ago
No rest for the wicked!

Am I the only one that has sympathy for John and the girls?

Two girls are wounded.

They have had a lot of dramatic surprises, and even traumatic scares.

They are dealing with the biggest crisis in their relationship to top off all of that.

Lol! I know I would want to rest and get some.

This is basically giving them a reset. I know that makes this chapter refractory as far as the action goes but I do read this for the sex too.

Sex is developing into something much more nuanced as the story develops and it is a humanizing look at the characters. It is absolutely part of the story. I think there is some tendency to see the sex as fan service and irrelevant to the story.

The "rough" session with Dana was a key to provoking her insight into the personality changes, which nearly caused a meltdown. They really didn't take a hard look at how bad that ability to change personalities could be.

The sex in this chapter was a bonding and a healing experience. Literally in the case of the girls that Jade nursed. The group has reset and the sex is part of how they process that. It is also a celebration of survival.

Even the ship is taking a rest as the Ashana are towing it in.

I almost think you are asking for a longer wait so that low action chapters can be combined until action happens or at least a cliff hanger.

For me the visit to Ashana is a cliff hanger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Five+

Five stars plus for this story it can only get better if the chapters are longer so theres more to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I finished this all in one day!

A testament to your story writing. I love the series and happy you've been quick to write it. I'm so into the as Sci-Fi that the sex surprises me. I don't mind - it is an erotic story after all!

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

In reply to "I finished this all in one day!"

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea for me to go back and expand and extend the first three chapters, to flesh them out a bit and make the story more engaging.

Those stories were the first I'd ever written, so I'm sure I could improve on them with another look. I think chapter 2 and 3 in particular are very short and almost 100% sex scenes. I'm sure I must lose some people who find all that initial sex a bit relentless.

Let me know what you guys think.

Oh and I've finished Chapter 25. Coincidentally its 25% longer than any previous chapters I've written as a lot of stuff happens.

I'm making some good progress on Chapter 26 too!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Mysterious

Great stuff, can't for next one

big65dawguwbig65dawguwabout 8 years ago
Recording

Thank you for another wonderful Ch. I think though that they should erase the recording ASAP or at least down load it to something they can hide & then erase the record of the attack & their actions . If a "Government" or some group saw what John & Jade can do they would be very interested in capturing & "examining" their powers & abilities much to their discomfort & freedom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

One problem.. John stuffing the girl's kittykats with his spunk is not going to be able to be licked or sucked up of every seed. They travel fast. It's just eye allure for a man to watch two girls going at it. And a second problem is double jointed.... 1) the xo is going to pick out more hot girls. But John's spunk disables the jealousy so any female. Alyssa sees would do. And 2) Jade the ethereal skin nymph is the same way. Of course John can't want more girls he'll need more money and guns and armor. I see this is 52 complete chapters. I like the many twists in this chapter. This chapter makes it feel like a complete story so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Same anonymous as 52 opps mathematical error

Actually there is 87 chapters as of Aug 24 today I saw it just got done so it's not complete.. I like I'll have an endless read. Miss the short three page chapters. I jumped ahead and saw there are 16 page chapters coming up. I'm trying to read two or three pages a day. I am now at Chapter 31 and I haven't commented too busy reading. Good story from beginning to where I'm at and I'm sure it has good future read for me. May the story never end.. In my new humble opinion. Too great a story honestly.

wolverine006wolverine006over 5 years ago
About boring recaps.

No matter the outcome, successful groups do After Action Reviews after each mission or event. It becomes an ingrained part of the culture and routine. It may seem boring, but this is how high performance teams are built, with the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. As a group, lessons are learned and everyone gains an understanding of how all the pieces fit together and knows their part in it. Trust and respect are gained.

For me, I am rereading the story from the beginning because we are all awaiting Chapter 106. If you found this chapter boring (reading about sex at an erotic stories website no less), then my advice to you is to give it up and go find something else to read. The chapters get longer... fast. The descriptions and character building are exhaustively detailed and painfully elaborate.

Or, if you thought The Last Jedi was a great movie, then you could just skip development and go straight to Chapters 29, 34, 45 & 46, 50, 53, skim 58, 59, 63, 66, 68, 78, 84, 90, and 100. I may have missed a small skirmish or battle here or there, but hell, who needs to read all those or the next 80 for that matter when you can read these 15, get entertained, and not bother with the details.

Horseman68Horseman68over 5 years ago
Weak After Action.

On second reading, the “after action” was superfluous. It never addressed the real issues of how the Invictus was so surprised, why all were cavorting and none on the bridge, so unprepared to defend the ship, and what should be none — other than some vague directions to Dana.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A small correct

"You're back! It's completely healed!“

Should probably be

"Your back! It's completely healed!

TeflerTeflerover 4 years agoAuthor
RE: a small correct

Thanks, that's fixed in the eBook. :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thinking ...

the more I read the more Erykah Badu needs to be a part of this crew.

Just saying

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mixing measurements

"(Jade shapeshifted) into the three metre long, 900lb Tiger."

You have mixed Metric and Imperial measurements in the same sentence. I understand both systems so I have no problems with it but it might confuse other people who are only familiar with one system.

Great story, by the way! I'm on my third time reading through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

"John stood aside to let Jade enter the room" .... Whoever was the genius that came up with the rule "ladies first" .... Thank you 😊 the view is great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I expect that you will have a need for an additional line or two regarding the two Drakker dropship attached to the Invictus hull while they are towed/travel at FTL (a T-Fed no-no). You might say that this was allowed by the Greys greater understanding of faster than light travel, along with there being two of their crafts in use, and possibly only traveling at a lower speed/rate due to hauling John's ship with a larger than normal hyper-space bubble around them all,.. maybe something along those lines. [ If you already addressed this issue in your e-book #3, then never mind, cheers ] ;-) TTFN

TalixTalixover 2 years ago

I love the erotic talk that Alyssa does while John is with the other girls, along with so many other things about this story. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

*** Spoiler*** Very many chapters from this one the gang meets a Terran women who was also enthralled similar to the way John did his girls, and all the discussions and speculations they did in this chapter would have made a wonderful primer for her to study and learn from... (Some cam footage of all these original learning conversations) A good many things had not been fully explained or understood at that time, but it would give her someplace to start, and for her to know that she is not alone in her situation... ;-) TTFN

Horseman68Horseman68almost 2 years ago
The Real Problem….

….still is not addressed: no watch on the bridge. But, maybe something will appear to help the issue. 🚀

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Am I the only one thinking the Drakkar sound remarkably like the Gorn from a well known 60’s sci-fi series that also had a womanising Skipper? 🤔

skippersdadskippersdadover 1 year ago

I find it really cool the Four-armed baddies made me think of an episode of Ben 10.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Worrying developments, did the Drakkars have help from the evil one?

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

.... this chapter was a post Drakkar debrief, .... mostly, ... as they were towed to Ashana, in hyperspace, with two Drakkar drop ships on their hull, ... I guess being towed by two Ashanth ships makes it A Okay, ... but I had thought that hyperspace travel with an attached dropship was a no-no, ... Tef never did explain that one, ... ;-) TTFN

CarchariasCarchariasabout 1 year ago

You don’t need to write a book report for every single chapter. We all read it too.

ranec1ranec112 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Pause it Dana!"

ranec1ranec19 months ago
WHERE IS IT!!

patiently waiting for the yellow N

skippersdadskippersdad6 months ago

Every time I Read about the Ashana, I expect them to have a ship named The Oneel.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 2 months ago

repeat from last year: .... this chapter was a post Drakkar debrief, .... mostly, ... as they were towed to Ashana, in hyperspace, with two Drakkar drop ships on their hull, ... I guess being towed by two Ashanth ships makes it A-Okay, ... but I had thought that hyperspace travel with an attached dropship was a no-no, ... Did the two Ashanath ships need to travel slower due to the tow?... Tef never did explain this hyper-space / drop ship problem, ... ;-) TTFN

laughdruidlaughdruid22 days ago

I think the girls kiss John ass to much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6794 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES