All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 089'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Chapter 90

That will be a battle of epic proportions, and a very bad press for the Admirals

First thought after scan-reading.

JohnCKJohnCKover 6 years ago
Arrrgh

Tefler have you taken lessons in cliffhangers or do they come naturally?. :)

As for john he really needs some Trek tech, like transporters. Think about what he could do, like beaming bombs aboard enemy ships *insert evil laugh here*.

FknRaFknRaover 6 years ago
hping

I think you're right, especially with the direct connection to a certain reporter, that exclusive with footage of the fight and comments about "we never would have had to rescue Chancellor Niskera if we would have given aid to the Trankarans in the first place"

Also they were wearing their armor so the armor mounted cameras would have captured, "When we realised what we faced, she contacted the Terran Federation asking for assistance. Invoking the mutual protection treaties signed by the Galactic League, she requested immediate aid against the Kirrix threat. Your High Command turned us down... they have withdrawn from the Galactic League and abrogated all treaties."

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Dynamite is the perfect word to describe this chapter along with the whole story!

What a build up...cliffhanger...edge of your seat enticement...WOW!!! Can't wait for for what's coming!!!! My hat is off to "The Master!"

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Aftermath

Well, after reading the whole chapter again there are a number of points in the next chapter.

First is the rescue of the Trakaran chancellor Niskera, with the video-footage of the battle of the rescue of the assembly and of the rescue itself. That footage will also contain evidence of the duplicity of some of the Terran admirals by not coming to the aid of the Trakaran Republic.

Second is the creation of the Alliance at Khalgron, but now with a very diminished role for the Terran Federation, and possible a revolt in the Federation who wants John to lead it.

Third a revolution on Trankara, where the Senate is ousted of power, due to the State of War with the Kirrix and their allies, which are really subordinates (and/or thralls) of the B(lack)S(hip)P(rogenitor).

Fourth is the rebonding with Eldraele, and merging the Ashanath and Maliri in the Alliance which was started at Khalgron.

So plenty of room for a number of chapters and cliffhangers, lots of space-fights and lots of inter-personal relations on the Invictus. Also we see the Maliri-twins doing what they were born for, being troops for a progenitor, unleashed terror for the Kirrix and their allies.

A very nice chapter Tefler, thanks for the update.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awsomeness

Look forward to each chapter release. Great read.

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterover 6 years ago
Re: hping's "Aftermath"

How very "Calara" of You. This is so indicative of Tefler's Saga. More sub-text in every chapter to help opine what's yet to come.

And the Story's not bad either - another 10 out of 5 ;-)

Thank You Teller

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterover 6 years ago
My apologies to "Tefler" & AutoCorrect

It seems Auto-Correct insists that "Tefler"

should be teller.

Sorry about that

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 6 years ago
As Hping said....

It seems pretty spooky to see what the Maliri can do with the right weaponry. It explains Tashana's prowess and survival in the Unclaimed Wastes. But it also demonstrates what they will be facing if combat with the BSP's thalls happens.

Holy Cow, what a cliffhanger. I'm glad I'm not seeing a doctor today, I'm sure my blood pressure is up! Thanks again Tefler for continuing to post your wonderful tale here. Your writing started good, and has consistently improved with each chapter! Now to reread this chapter to help pass the time until 90 is up!

Hillcountrycowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
probably being a spoilsport

Hi, I really struggle with the Kirrix now using a silicon based life form as an incubator/food source, it is a bit like trying to bring your child up on bottle and plate rather than what's in/on it. I appreciate there is some soil eating in the world but as major source of nutrients? Could they perhaps mine them for some special resource or just try to expand their territory instead?

The whole concept of sth so omnivorous that it can entrust its propagation on anything big enough is not that strong. Why would some cow equivalent not do: it avoids hassle and the expenditure of lots of resources and you can outbreed anything in the universe and then lord it over the two-legged weirdos.

Thanks for continuing the story and the above is ultimately just a minor gripe

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@ "anon spoilsport"

It´s a good bet that "daddy progenitor" created the kirrix/zerg too and as such has gifted them the ability to devour ALL his other creations.

Also they HAVE to be able to incorporate other than only carbon based materials into their bodies&weaponry for a truly high tech threat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Cliff

I don't feel like this is a cliffhanger. If it happened right before the battle then I'd agree. This is just a very natural place to pause for the moment.

Also FknRa there's no footage of what Thandrun said as John only made the request for cameras after returning to the Invictus with rescue plans.

Great chapter as always. I'm still worried what the two admirals are planning regarding the Nymphs from last chapter.

And I expect we've got two chapters to go through before this whole affair is over and another before Edraele is resuscitated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The number one consensus is "more"

I tune in for the plot. There's been more than enough sex. If anyone needs to be tittilated they can revisit a previous chapter is my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Guns on the raptor

I apologise in advance if this has been answered before ........why doesn't the raptor gunship have any projectile based weapons... Seems like a couple of Dana's upgraded Gauss cannons could be ideally placed as front mounted weapons.......just to make the ridiculous beast of a gunship just stupid powerful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No Milari battery...

I am shocked John and crew are so confident heading into battle without their huge Milari psychic battery. No extensive super-speed fighting this time. I guess we will just have to wait for Calara to find easy and simple solutions to take out all their ships.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not addicted... Not at all.

I swear, I'm not compulsively checking Tefler's page for updates. *Checks Tefler's page* I'm not addicted, just.. Eager. Yes eager, that's the right word.

I need my fix damn it

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
great work

i am relatively new to this site and delighted to have discovered this series.

I very much enjoy that you have created a fantasy world with tech and genetic manipulations to super power the heroes in their adventure through a morass of galactic political and military intrigue.

The continual upgrading of tech and personal powers is awesome!

The interaction and non-interaction with the other progenitor is very interesting and I look forward to see how the cat and mouse strategy will work for the heroes.

Lastly, looking at the submission dates, I must commend you for the consistent effort to keep the story moving.

Great Work!

albertajack

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 6 years ago
Will John have another Protectorate?

The BSP was able to completely discombobulate the Trankarans by enthralling a female to become their "Glowing Queen." Nothing has been said yet about the Kirrix having any new weapons (the BSP's usual MO), but they do seem to have a new form of never-before-seen shock troops (easily within the power of a master genetic manipulating Progenitor). Even if John rescues the Chancellor, all the BSP has to do is enthrall another female Trankaran to stir things up and occupy the Trankaran military, greatly or totally reducing the value of the Trankarans as allies. To make the Trankaran Senate act and to protect against the sway of another Glowing Queen, will John have to enthrall the Chancellor? We know he would only do so if she made an informed decision of her own free will. John could enthrall but not enslave her, making the Trankarans another Protectorate similar to the Maliri. Although he would have to get over the fact she's built like a walking rockslide, not a brick shithouse. (Remember Alyssa's "Hey boulder tits!" joke)

Which brings up the interesting differences between the species created by Malnaerak. Maliri women's hair turns white, and other females defer to them and males desire them. The Trankaran females "glow" and males and females willingly follow them. Terran females change physically to the Projenitor "template" and become very sexy. Are there other effects besides physical attraction we're not aware of yet? I mean, as far as how other Terrans respond to them, not their sexual desirability or psychic powers. We've seen how the template seems to boggle the Ashanath, but we don't know if the Ashanath develop any physical attributes if one is enthralled. Do they exhibit psychic attributes instead, similar to how Alyssa appears bright to them? The Lenarrans seem to be a unique case. What about the Drakkar? Do their females exhibit any physical traits? And someone please help me remember, did Malnaerak create the Kirrix when he created the Drakkar to help repulse the other Progenitor's invasion? And what is the lineage of the Kintark dragons? Am I leaving any species out?

Sorry for the jumble of random thoughts. Thanks again Tefler!!

Hillcountrycowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great as always, accept.

Tefler, you have again given us a wonderful new chapter that keeps our imaginations filled and active. However, are the interactions of so much sexuality still needed in such detail and length. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading about it but it seems to be more of a distraction at this point in your story telling.

Sidney43Sidney43over 6 years ago

I agree with another comment that going into this battle without the psychic backup of his other Matriarch is very risky. I am surprised it has not at least been discussed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

As always this was another great read. Keep up the good work.

Ed Parachini

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Superb

The suspense keeps me frequently checking for releases to this superlative example of science fiction.

The loving and erotic scenes definitely add to the reading pleasure, and in my opinion, the science fiction compares favorably with epic trilogies like Clarke's Rama series or Robinson's Mars trilogy.

I have no criticism to offer, constructive or otherwise. Please keep up the good work, as I have been enthralled since I read the first installment.

Thanks Tefler!

medrosakmedrosakover 6 years ago

Great as always. 5 🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Rescue

I was sort of surprised that they did not want to use the stealth shuttle loaded with a Progenitor core. Or something similar. If they were to load it up with a nuclear detonation, then an EMP could decimate the majority of the Kirrix fleet, or at least weaken them prior to the invictus arriving. However great chapter, I want the next one already, so make it a good one.

BigYin1981BigYin1981over 6 years ago
wow

As per usual an awesome chapter 5 * I'd expected there to be a battle scene coming up in the Trankaren ( hopefully i spelled that correctly lol) empire and i just KNEW you'd leave us hanging before the battle you sadistic literary genius! PLEASE post chapter 90 ASAP because like the rest i need my fix and the waiting is torture lol

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
You know, interestingly enough, after ending scenes like that...

as well as other things that have been done through the story...

I can't help but wonder if Progenitors are also just another manufactured species/race/whatever...

If so, I wonder if THEIR creators still exist... sometimes I think those creatures he runs into are his original creators... it would sure explain them not liking him, since he doesn't follow the "script"...

Now I can gnaw my nails awaiting Chapter 90...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

For those worried about a lack of psychic strength don't forget that when Alyssa and Edralae bonded they gained access to each others network. It was what allowed Edralae to speak to her daughter's and Alyssa to speak to Luna. When they go on into battle they will be at full strength. The stealth ship will be useful in the near future, say if they want to sneak aboard a certain black ship for an assassination misson.

One common fault that I see in the comments is that people refer to Mael'narek creating the Malari, Nymphs and Humanity, he didn't, he changed them. He introduced the gender imbalance to the Malari, manipulated the original cat species or borrowed alot of the genetic information from an animal species to make the Nymphs and accelerated humanity from Neranderthal to Homo Sapiens. He did create the Ashanna, the Trankarrans and Drakkar from scratch, or at least we haven't seen any precursor species for the races. I know it's nitpicky but it puts him in a different light. Not as some godlike creator but someone that manipulates others to suit himself. At least to start with.

Like the characters I'm still wondering why BSP is bothering with this long drawn out business, why he doesn't deal directly with the Invictus, what his end goal is? Is he just bored of easy conquests after 50k years and is handicapping himself for a challenge? I think a short conversation with John after the Invictus destroy's the Kirrix would be enlightening. Not a villian monologue where they lay out their whole plan, more of like a taunting question.

"What are you doing little boy. I've lived and conquered for longer than your species has walked upright. How do you expect to beat me? How to you expect to win? How do you expect to survive when I no longer find you amusing?"

We gained incredible insight into Mael'narek from several video files and psychic visions. He has grown in our view from generic evil space tyrant 17B into an actual character with emotional growth. Let's hope Tefler has similar plans for BSP. Even if he stays as the antagonist and final boss of the series we won't care if we don't know about him.

I'm not complaining that we don't know much about him now, it took dozens of chapters to get Mael'nareks story and there is plenty of story to go. Just something to.look forward to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
marvelous

Again an incredible chapter, looking forward to reading next soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Speculations

At FULL strength? Not quite, Edraele has the improved links with her close circle, Alysa has just the standard "landline" with the Maliri.

I doubt she will gather much juice from them, especially because Edraele herself is missing.

And quite frankly the usual psi stuff will not be that effective against the "Zerg", I think.

Unlimited ammo and LOTS of grenades will be much more useful.

Save the good stuff for the "boss monsters". ;)

As for "Daddy", I always had the feeling he´s setting up a training scenario for junior.

He obviously DIDN´T die when he blew up the ship facing the invading Progenitor, who was sent by THEM.

Now who THEY are is what´s making me curious as hell!

Maybe the Eldritch Titans even?

Maybe Daddy needs some backup? That would be a delicious twist, wouldn´t it. :)

@Guns on a Raptor

Just finished my 1st read so a bit shaky on it too.

But the Terran adv.projectile weaponry needs the ship basically built around the gun, think A10 Warthog.

The Raptor seems to be more like a Hind attack-chopper equivalent.

Lots of energy weaponry slapped on a frame that´s heavily armored and designed for personnel transportation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Would You Like to Know More?

You know what John must do: Hijack 'Starship Troopers' and broadcast to the Terran Federation. Maybe have some blondes and children in the outlier planets smash some bugs to "do their part"...

Matt.

P.S.: Watch out for the Bug Plasma.

hellinahelmethellinahelmetover 6 years ago
Damn it Teff....

Another easy 5* Teff, but Damn It...hate the wait from a cliff hanger like this, especially after the great lead in to the story line...Thanks again for carefully laying it out for us to enjoy and masturbate both the gray matter in the larger head as well as our smaller head...this chapter was well worth wait sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fanfreakingtastic

Omg so good. This tale has just been so great.

I love it and hate waiting for more.

Let's get ready to rummmble. :)

Thank you tefler.

Dawn

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Death to the kirrix

Maybe Rachel could develop a pathogen of some kind after studying the kirrix cadavers specifically designed to target them and end them once and for all.

I would be interested in the moral aspect that the group would go through during the discussion of essentially engaging in biological warfare against a species of which nothing is known except that they are evil made flesh(possibly by the other progenitor ;killing the kirrix for good might help in shifting the balance of power too)

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the comments! Sorry for not being able to reply to them all, I've been busy working on the next chapter. I did read them though, and I appreciate the feedback! :-)

Chapter 90 is done. I finished it last night and it came to just over 35k words. The patrons enjoyed all the action, so I hope you guys will too!

As usual, I'll be editing it for the next few days, then I'll submit the chapter for moderation.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Another great chapter, hopefully it's going to be the beginning of the end for the kirrix.

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 6 years ago
Lack of character progression

Alyssa is still a tease, and nothing more.

Sakura still blushes like an innocent doll after almost a month with CONSTANT innuendo's.

Everyone must be huffing laughing gas to smile so much without getting sore faces

John's becoming repetitive in his affection to the girls. Tummy rubbing, hair stroking, tender kisses and 'flaring with arousal'.

I'm sorta getting the feeling you're trying to add words to fill content. Like, you have a word count you're aiming for and adding in benign details and descriptions to do it. It's slowing your story down and I was actually bored the first half of this chapter. I skipped most of the BBQ and all the stuff afterwards until Tashana and irillith woke up in the morning where I understood everything important from their 'recap' of what we'd just been informed about.

Good that Alyssa is keeping him focused and starting to get through to him that he needs ot stop being an old mare, always asking and asking and asking before finally, begrudgingly, accepting that they do ACTUALYL IN FACT care for him.

I'm just saying, and I know i'll get shit for it, but its what i'm seeing. I know this is the biggest story going right now, and it is incredible, but it's getting repetitive in areas between the main plot now.

JC

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
RE: JC_the_continuer

"I'm sorta getting the feeling you're trying to add words to fill content."

I write scenes I think will be fun or interesting, but I never just add "filler" for no reason. The characters didn't get a vacation, so I portrayed them having a bit of R&R before the shit hits the fan.

Sorry you found it boring; everyone else seemed to enjoy it. The BBQ was the first time they've all properly used the Lagoon and so I showed them having a bit of fun together, which is relatively rare outside the bedroom.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
My Two Cents

This is for all of the American fans.

I would like to see the mech with the Orkin diamond on the shoulders.

I would like to see the twins wear the Rose Pest control emblem but called Ble Rose Pest Control.

I would also like to see the Invictus with a large dead Kirrix on it's back like Dale Gribble's van from King Of The Hill.

Enough said.

Texanguy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Just sayin

Tefler, your scenes ARE fun and interesting but you forgot OH SO HOT! So all I can say is just do what you do and FILL us. ; + Dawn

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
characters are progressing finely

Totally disagree with JC_The_Continuer.

For what these girls are going through, they´re doing more than all right and are adequately characterized.

Also having only one dick for so many pussies has consequences.

Then throw in the core progenitor programming for thralls, that´s bound to but in no matter how much John fights it.

Yeah, that part is OK.

What got a bit on MY nerves where all the sex scenes in between the story.

But that´s normal too for reading such an erotica periodical in one go.

Actually shows how good the story-writing is, when you´re just desperate to find out what´s next.

-bkwrm36 (the guy with all the Zerg stuff) :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@JC

I don't think Tefler writes that way you want. Tef's biggest USP is his Sci-Fi and plot imagination. You pretty much know what to expect with TSM's girls. IMO Tefler's stories don't revolve around the complexities of his characters rather on the sense of adventure(mystery,suspense et al), so he emphasizes that part more.

I feel he's got great speed with regards to plot development which consequently makes us think that his characters are not developing; it's just being outpaced, that's all. Reread a few of his chapters and I think you might change your mind.

You'll realize it is a feel-good story which gets us to invest into its plot first. There is only so much wriggle room with respect to what he can do for his characters in such a story.

P.S.: I'm pretty sure if he want to he can take on writing many layers to many different characters, but, and I understand this from him, it isn't how he wants this story to go. TSM is enjoyable in its unique awesome way.

Matt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nitpick

I love your story, so dont think im trying to bring you down, but for all the focus john had on making sure the girls were willing to battle, there was a missed opportunity for character exploaration and growth. He focused on the girls connected psychically, and took alyssas word for it that they had no qualms. So why not go to the crew member most likely to object to risking the crew? Fey didnt have a part in that conversation and and wasnt specifically asked, since most of it was spoken telepathically. I was waiting to see how that interaction would pan out. Like i said, love the series, and trust you on where youre taking the story. If anything, i think it proves that you are skilled, that i not only have to nitpick, but do it on the potential of the story, and not whats written itself. Im just invested in the characters and am a big fan of Fey

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 6 years ago
Excellent point about Faye

I also do not remember if Faye was polled about their rescue mission. Which led me to a random thought, if the Invictus should be lost, could Faye "eject" herself to the Valkyrie or the Raptor? Or transfer herself through the comm array? Faye needs an escape route should the worst happen. If everyone had to abandon ship, the only way to save Faye would be to physically remove her server.

Thanks Tefler!

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Faye

I read someone else say that John should have talked to Faye about going into harms way, and I fully agree. It was this kind of thing that led to her planning to take the Invictus away. she should never be taken for granted. That he trusts Alysssa about the others, and don't talk to them all, that is perhaps not ideal, but not a big thing. But he should have talked these things through with Faye, given her past. actions. It is easy to forget that in some ways, she is still but a child. Her life experience is almost nothing compared to the others.

Otherways, this was a marvelous chapter, in a stil marvelous story. Tefler, I am seriously jealous of your writing skills. I wish i had one tenth of them. Anyway, Keep on writing this way. At this moment, this is the only story i am following on Literotica, as the quality here has mostly disappeared, this last year. There was a time, i followed four or five great stories, but Either they are finished, or they are abandoned. There are a good deal decent short stories, but the longer stories, all suffer from bad writing. Except for this one magnificent gem.

Keep the good work up Tefler. And I am definitely looking forwards to chapter 90.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@JC

Agree with both JC and tefler on BBQ scene in story.

it could have been better as said by @JC. The words used for communication and expression of emotions etc are slightly repetitive.

Idea was right from tefler but I think execution could have been better.

But again I believe tefler is the best judge of his story,you do get to enjoy it.

For me sex some time feels forced in to the plot as this is erotica I understand.

however point is that sometimes a half naked woman looks more appealing to me than a nude one, so in similar fashion better situation awareness as to where sexual act is placed in story line helps. Now I as a long time reader can predict those scenes and occurrences in it.Kills fun as there is no surprises or fun in act.

But other wise it is superb and a great creation.I am a regular reader. I am waiting for chapter 90...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Repetitive

In all honesty I see nothing really wrong with that and as long as I'm being honest most ppl are repetitive when showing affection we almost always do and say the same things so like I said nothing wrong with it from my point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Professionally done

Excellent story and well written.

Kudos.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Guns on the raptor

Anon: The Raptor is a 30 meter long gunship with lots of cargo space. There is no room for the munitions for mass weapons unless that cargo space is used up.

With the Raptor being used for transportation of the crew, that would not be advisable.

With the Valkyrie taking on that role with the gatling gun, the two work well together as a team.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
All hell is fixin to bust loose!

Best battle scene yet is coming up! You know the Kirrix have to have a fairly large fleet to be able to enforce a planetary takeover deep in Trankaran space...and the Invictus is alone this time. Going to be EPIIIIIIIIC!

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
@PLR battle to come

Well, that is a dead give away when Tefler finishes off a chapter with a good cliffhanger.

The only thing I want to know is when I do get my next shot, not being able to follow it on Patreon, which is a preview of the published chapter here and on StoriesOnLine.

I hope soon, as he (read Tefler) said that he will post it after the weekend...

ms904191ms904191over 6 years ago

Any update on Ch 90 tefler ?????

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Chapter 90 - status

I finished editing chapter 90 five minutes ago. I'll submit it for moderation this afternoon once my patrons and editors have had a chance to reread it (in case they spot any typos in my edits!)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
God bless tefler

I've never wanted anything more than I've wanted this story lol. You put this into a hard cover or two considering how big it is I'd gladly pay for each book lol I want to have this on my shelf next to all the other first class authors like Stephen King Dean Koontz and Terry Pratchett. You my good sir may surpass them all! Keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
3rd compulsive check

This is my third yes-I-know-it's-too-early compulsive has-it-posted-yet check

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awestruck

I am loving this story, I can't wait for the next chapter. Please keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing.

The title says it all, I found your series about a month and binge read every chapter. The plot is exquisite, as is the writing. Unfortunately, I seem to be sensing a loss for John, just on the horizon.

Though I am curious. If his father was a progenitor, and there is a progenitor operating in the area, one of only 5 known, wouldn't it be a logical assumption that Maelnerak's killer was John's father, who spent a few millenia getting a feel for the situation, before having a crash landing and then after repairs, began this string of conquests?

I think that John and co. looked into past event, they could find (I assume) his father's fingerprints. Which brings up and interesting point, surely the other progenitor must know about him. Perhaps he hasn't taken action against because he is John's father, which means that progenitor's can't be completely heartless, though they seem to view most life as tools to be used and thrown away.

I suppose the big question here is: Will John have to kill his probable father, and will he have to kill his mother, or will she be added to his crew?

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Re: Amazing by Anonimous

Well, if I doe recall correctly it is not yet determined if the Black Ship Progenitor (aka the BSP) is in fact the father of John.

All I know is that John's father is a progenitor, who impregnated one of his thralls or his matriarch (on purpose by the mother and/or matriarch in the case of a thrall) due to the situation of his crash which could be the battle Tefler indicated when they came to the rescue of the Ashanti being attacked by the Drakkar, in which case it is Mael'Nerak as the father, or it would be the rival of Mael'Nerak being defeated as the father, which leaves the BSP as the father. Also there could be another progenitor in play because we do not know enough yet of the real political playingfield between the Empires.

John is currently bonding the Ashanti, the Maliri, and the Trakaran into his own Protectorate, and is preparing the Terran Federation to be integrated after the dealings with the Kirrix. Maybe he should also go after the Drakkar, because they are also a product of Mael'Nerak's inheritance he is "collecting" now. A Maliri/Drakkar assault team will be a force that will be hard to deal with, especially when they go into battle-trance. John and Alyssa are terrified by the way they go into battle, the battle when they rescued Tashana in The Underworld was not that intense.

I think that after the Kirrix encounters there will be a lot of data gathering by Irilith, being analized by Calara, John and Alyssa. Input of the crew will also help to clarify the set up of the final battle(s) because he and the BSP will meet in one of the final chapters, with an enormous battle-scene as a climax. Yes, multiple battles can follow because we do not know how much the opposing Progenitor (or multiple Progenitors working together to stop John (and maybe John's father and/or Mael'Nerak as well if Mael'nerak is not John's father). Maybe the Maliri will once again become Mael'Nerak's people again, but with the oversight of John and his crew??

To many things to consider, and only Tefler is our guide...

Thanks for this story, and I hope 90 will be up by next weekend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Omg

Omg OMG!

~giddily clapping

bourbonsmokebourbonsmokeover 6 years ago
I'm addicted.

Netflix be damned. This story is better than anything on TV. Please quit your job and write faster Tefler, I'm almost out of chapters and getting nervous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Names relate to the culture

Up until now, I didn't realize how well done the naming of the characters for each species is. By that I mean the names seem to relate to the characteristics of each species. The Maliri have tend to have longer, more complex, yet elegant names. That perfectly reflects their value of artistry and their advanced civilization. The Trankarans names have a lot of harsher sounds, reflecting their rocky appearance. Then the Ashanath have softer names, which reminds me of their mellower outside appearance.

Incredible job Teflar coming up with entire civilizations and cultures that are quite varied and yet incredibly detailed, even down to their names reflecting their society. That attention to detail really helps this whole saga come to life.

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Once More, Into the Fray......

..... goes the Invictus and its marvelous crew. Agree with Anon below ref the names -- just another thoughtful piece of the unique personalities and interrelationships of the characters created in this epic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
so good

3rd time through and i still get shivers reading this wonderful story

Horseman68Horseman68over 5 years ago
Second Reading.

Even better this time around to savor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The thrill...

... of the hunt

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
BBQ vs Grill

The awful confusion of calling a grill a barbeque has continued on from the 21st century into Telfer's 28th century, how sad!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

@Anon re BBQ vs Grill - You must forgive those of us not blessed to have been born in that part of the country where folks don't know the difference. I only got the knowledge when my oldest went to school in the South.

@Tefler - keep it coming. Love the build-up. Each of these chapters are really really chunky in the best way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Re: BBQ vs Grill

The world is quite big, and space is even bigger. Even in the 21st century, there are conflicting opinions on that delicate subject. I grew up calling them one thing, friends and family from the American South mostly call them the other, and my one Australian friend assures me that we're both quite wrong, because they're properly referred to by the name of some laughing plastic doll or something...

Speaking only from my own background, it's a barbeque if it's currently (or exclusively) being used to barbeque something, otherwise it's generically a grill. However, I do believe that the terms swapped definitions again sometime in the 23rd century, so perhaps I'm just unusually old-fashioned :)

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Let's count: Alyssa, Rachel, Jade, Tashana, Irillith, and Sakura, with Calara and Dana left back on the Invictus,... is that's at least 6 girls that require 'preloading' from a 4-pint load... so 6 into 4 equals 2/3rds of a pint per girl, or 1/2 pint each if all 8 get a share... so, how long does a fraction of a pint of John's psychic cum last in his Lionesses bellies? 20 minutes? or 2 hours? this could be a game changer, needing a cum storage vat or something... Well, Tef, any thoughts? ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I know that John's purpose is to make each of his soldier's more powerful than he is. And precognition is a great ability. But does it beat speed? Of course not. Many martial artists can tell a person how they will strike and where they will strike. The victim knows, but they can't stop it. It's a matter of reaction time. Did John completely forget to practice his TK shield?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Irillith on page 2 went Tsundere.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Great storytelling.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

In regard to the timing limits of pre-loaded Lionesses: *** spoiler alert *** well, Tef never does shed any light on this topic, and he sometimes ignores the need by just NOT having John load them up, ... without any rational given for this policy stop, ... other than Tef not needing it in the current chapters plot, ... *** oh well, it's still a good story, ... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'Faye really is fucking awesome!',"

ranec1

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith9 months ago

-- in the 28th century they are still confusing Barbeque with Grilling, ... if you want Barbeque then you might throw on some ribs and then you could slather on some BBQ sauce, yumm, but hamburgers and hotdogs cooked on a BBQ grill is Grilling, ... oh well, eating on a beach with lots of gorgeous girls in their bikini's, ... just how great is that? ... ;-) ttfn

skippersdadskippersdad6 months ago

Next the Girls will be" Locked and Loaded."

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith4 months ago

Arrrrh, grilling vs BBQ, calling it Barbeque it is still wrong, .... pass me a cold beer please, .... a lagoon with a beach, lots of lovely girls in bikini's, ... oh yeah, ... the 28th century might not know BBQ, but it sure knows how to have some fun, ... and more Progenitors need a beach full of sexy girls on their Dreadnaughts, ... that would certainly make them happy campers, ... ;-) ttfn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6813 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES