Throw Your Arms Around Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Summer was well and truly in full swing, the heat beating down with real intensity. Once outside, I had my shirt off and covered myself in sunblock before getting to work, ensuring I kept my head covered and sunglasses on as I got to work. It amazed me how fast grass could grow in a matter of a few short weeks. Thankfully, the hedge didn't require attention, so after cleaning the pool and watering the garden, I was just finishing up as Sally called me in for lunch.

"What are your plans for Christmas and New Year?" she asked as we ate a sandwich each.

"Christmas with the folks. New Year, I'll probably head into the city with some friends."

"Oh, where about?"

"Well, none of us are really into the dance club scene, so we'll probably find a bar or a pub. Somewhere that'll play the music we like. Or just somewhere we can sit around and talk."

"You won't want to take in the fireworks on the bridge and around the harbour?"

"I would have done something like that if... you know..."

"You haven't moved on?"

I'll admit, that question got to me a bit. "No," I stated sharply, noticing the surprised reaction. "Sorry," I added immediately, "It's just... It's not something that easy to move on from."

She actually reached across the table to squeeze my hand. "I'm sorry, Mikey, that was insensitive of me. I can definitely understand what you're going through."

"How so?" I asked, obviously intrigued, figuring I might find out what happened with her.

We finished their sandwiches in silence, leaving Sally to gather her thoughts. Perhaps she didn't want to say anything to her daughters' ex-boyfriend. I certainly didn't want to push it. It was up to her to share whatever was on her mind. She grabbed our plates, putting those in the sink before she stood at the breakfast bar.

"Care to sit with me in the living room for a drink?"

"Er, sure, why not?"

I'd sat with her once or twice for a drink before, but always in the presence of her daughter. She told me to head into the living room as she followed a minute later, carrying two tumblers of ice and what appeared to be whiskey. "Jack Daniels. I like it on the rocks. Yourself?"

"Usually mix it, ma'am, but on the rocks is just fine."

I sat on the end of the couch and was surprised when Sally sat rather close to me. Not close enough that we were touching, but close enough that left me thinking it was more intimate than normal. Although, considering what I was going through, I was left believing I was overthinking everything. "What were we talking about?"

"Er, you said you understood what I was going through."

"You know I'm divorced, obviously. My ex-husband and I were married for five years before we had Katie. I'm still not entirely sure he ever wanted children, though that wasn't what broke our marriage. No, the fact he had at least three affairs, that I know about, is what broke it."

"I had no idea."

"He said he had a high sex drive that I couldn't satisfy. I love sex as much as any woman, but I know for a fact he couldn't even wait while I recovered after giving birth. I heard enough rumours that he was playing away while I was pregnant."

I heard everything she said, but only the phrase 'I love sex' resonated me for some reason, and I'll admit my mind immediately started to picture all sorts of scenarios. I finally shook my head and tuned back in.

"I know one of his affairs was with a secretary. I didn't even find that a surprise. Fucking my best friend? That was the surprise."

"Ouch."

"Yes, as you can imagine, former best friend and I no longer talk. Doesn't help that he married her once our divorce went through."

"Double ouch."

"The only pleasure I got out of it, a little cruel, even I can admit, is that she was desperate for children and they've never had any. And I think it was more his problem than hers or mine. When I was still capable of children, I had tests done and knew I could have had more." She trailed off and sighed. "Oh well..."

"May I ask a question, Ms. Williams?"

She turned to me a smiled. "Mikey, I'm simply the slightly older woman down the street. For crying out loud, call me Sally, please. Calling me Ms. Williams makes me feel old."

"Okay, Sally." I noticed the smile broaden. "Have you moved on?"

"A little personal, but I guess we've opened that box now. Have I been with other men since then? Of course though.... Only a couple. Every woman has their needs, but a lot of single men my age have their own baggage, particularly if they are divorcees. Have I found a man I could possibly think of as another husband? No. Definitely not." She then leaned in closer to me for a moment. "That why I liked having you around, Mikey. I've watched you grow into a fine, handsome, responsible young man."

I couldn't help feel my cheeks heat up. "Um, thanks, Sally."

She placed a hand on my knee and I almost jumped as she gently caressed my thigh. "And I meant what I said. My daughter is an idiot. She'll soon realise what she's lost."

My eyes met hers and I was left wondering where this conversation was going. I'll admit, there was a part of me that thought 'Kiss her. Lean forward and kiss her. See what happens'. The sensible part of me thought that we were just chatting, perhaps sharing things we hadn't shared with anyone else. She knew I was still heartbroken over breaking up with her daughter, so I was probably misinterpreting everything anyway. She removed her hand from my knee and finished her drink.

"I'm sure you have things to do, Mikey. I'll let you go."

I finished my drink. I'll be honest, I couldn't think of anything I'd rather be doing or anywhere I'd rather be. Sally was an attractive though older woman who obviously thought the world of me. But I was fooling myself if she thought of me as anything other than the nice young man from the neighbourhood. Not that I would have done anything. It would have been... awkward. Though there a small part of my mind, the part that wanted some sort of petty revenge, that said 'Fuck her mother. That'll teach her.' Despite how much of an arsehole I wanted to be, I couldn't cross that line. Though I did wonder if...

"I should see you again before Christmas, Sally."

"Make sure you do, Mikey. Don't be a stranger."

Considering I didn't have to bother with any presents for Katie, I was left wondering what to buy anyone. I bought the usual things for Mum, Dad and my sister, though we were at the stage where no-one really bought presents for anyone, usual just token gifts of appreciation. It was usually birthdays where the major present was given. I received plenty of gifts in the run-up to Christmas from the neighbours, mostly cards thanking me for all my hard work all years. I received one in particular from Sally, with a gift card within for a store for more money than I'd have ever wanted or expected. I called her immediately.

"Hello, Mikey."

"Hi, Sally. I just got your card. You have my thanks, but the amount..."

"Is more than reasonable, Mikey, considering everything you've done for me over the years. I just wanted to show my appreciation."

"I feel like I owe you something now, just for your generosity."

"Well, I'm sure a young man such as yourself can think of something." I'm sure I heard plenty of innuendo and a smile in the tone. Mostly I was thinking if she was flirting with me.

"Um, sure thing, Sally. I'll see what I can do."

"I wait with baited breath, Mikey. Talk to you soon."

"Yeah, bye." I switched off my phone and shook my head of many thoughts that I really shouldn't be having about her. I'd been having them more and more each day, and she was appearing in my thoughts the more often I jerked off. Having not pleasured myself for a couple of weeks after breaking up with Katie, I was doing it a bit more lately, and Sally was definitely in my thoughts more often than not.

I thought of what to get Sally as a gift but, I'll be honest, I didn't exactly know what she liked. But figuring most women liked things like flowers and chocolate, being rather safe bets, thinking anything like jewellery would be far too... intimate. I knew she loved flowers from the fact she kept a garden, so I took what I thought was a safe option of buying her an enormous bouquet. Two days before Christmas, I rang her doorbell with bouquet in hand.

My stomach dropped when the door opened and Katie appeared. I hadn't seen her in weeks. Before she got any ideas that the flowers were for her, I asked, "Is Sally home?"

"Sally?"

"Yes, your mother. Is she home?"

"Um, yeah."

She turned and yelled for her mother, who appeared a few seconds later, "Hello Mi... Holy shit! Are those for me?"

"Well, they're not going to be for anyone else in this household," I replied, flicking my eyes towards Katie, "Consider it reciprocation for the card you sent me the other day."

She appeared on the verge of tears as I handed her the flowers. "I can't even remember the last time..." She trailed off, unable to hide the smile. I was studiously ignoring Katie's presence, who didn't appear to have a clue what was going on. "Please, come in, Mikey."

I followed Sally inside as she immediately started looking for something to put the flowers in. I think we was probably going to need more than one vase, as it was a large bouquet of flowers. I sat at the breakfast bar as Sally pottered around. I felt the presence of Katie nearby but continued to ignore her presence.

"You bought my mother flowers?" she finally asked.

"Yep."

"Why?"

"Do I need to explain myself to you?" I retorted, unable to hide the hostility in my tone.

"Mikey, it's okay. I appreciate your gesture," Sally stated, "I sent him a rather nice gift as a thank you for all the work he's done for us, Katie. I just never expected..."

I could feel Katie's eyes staring into my back, but I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of meeting her gaze. I just watched Sally as she filled a trio of vases with flowers before she started to sort them out. I tried to remain expressionless, but I couldn't help a small smile form as her happiness was positively infectious. Well, it was for me and her. I had a distinct impression her daughter was rather jealous her ex-boyfriend had bought her mother flowers.

Eventually, I cleared my throat. "I really can't stay too long, Sally. I just wanted to drop these around."

"I really don't know what to say, Mikey. It's such a simple gesture but..."

"Your smile is reward enough."

She walked with me to the door, Katie trailing after us, now completely confused to what was going on. I was only being friendly though will admit to a growing attraction to Sally, which I knew was going to get worse the longer I spent time with her. And I know she appreciated the attention of a man much younger than herself. I was single. She was single. Sure, the fact she was Katie's mother would be a little weird, but I didn't think anything was actually going to happen, so gave it little thought.

Kissing my cheek before I left, Sally wished me a Merry Christmas as I wandered out the door. I heard footsteps behind me, not turning until I heard my name called.

"We need to talk, Mikey."

"I have nothing to say to you, Katie."

"Why are you talking to my mother? Why are you buying her gifts?"

I turned to face her and smiled. "What business of it is yours who I do or don't speak to? You lost any friendship privileges when you ripped my heart out."

She had little to say to that but still tried to justify herself. "I didn't mean..."

"Save it, Katie. Don't want to hear your excuses nor your apologies. Six years down the drain, that's all I think." She opened her mouth to say something, so I held up a hand to stop her. "Go home, Katie. I don't care what you have to say about anything anymore. We were done completely the moment you made that completely and utterly disrespectful request."

I received a text message a couple of hours later as I lay back on my bed, contemplating jerking off while thinking of Sally once again. I opened my phone to see a simple message.

Love the flowers, Mikey. You sure know how to make an old girl feel special. Merry Christmas xxx After the kisses were a couple of heart emoji's. That caused a moment of pause. I mean, things like that could be misinterpreted but, I'll admit, my mind was wondering what it meant. Probably nothing, though it still made me smile. I just replied with a simple 'You're welcome. PS: You're definitely not that old'.

That just earned me a smiley emoji, and another couple of hearts.

Christmas day was the usual event in the Jones household. We opened the few presents we'd bought for each other, my sister getting a bit more than anyone else considering she was only fifteen, Mum and Dad buying her a new phone while she even hugged and kissed me when opening the box for her new tablet. As Christmas in Australia is in the summer, no-one in their right mind is going to stand by an oven for hours, cooking a turkey. As many households have at least some sort of barbeque and a pool, we eventually headed outside, the sister and I spending time mucking around in the pool before dad cooked a late lunch, the four of us sitting around and gorging ourselves on plenty of meat with the large salad Mum had prepared.

It was late afternoon when I received a message from Sally. Katie has headed out. Would you care to pop around for a drink and some nibbles?

"Holy shit," I muttered.

"What's that?" Mum asked.

"Um, Sally has invited me around for a drink."

Mum and Dad shared a glance. "Sally?" Dad wondered, before he smiled. "Ah, you mean Ms. Williams."

"Oh," Mum added, laughing away, "That was very sweet of you, Mikey. Unexpected, but very sweet."

My stomach dropped. "You know about the flowers?"

They both nodded. "News spread like wildfire, Mikey. I think there were some rather jealous female neighbours," Dad replied, chuckling away.

"It was only in thanks because of the gift she gave me." Then I shrugged. "Anyway, she says Katie isn't home, so she is by herself."

Mum and Dad shared a glance. "Then I think you've fulfilled your family responsibilities here," Dad stated.

"You don't mind?"

"One word of advice, son. Take a condom with you," Dad suggested, causing me to flush bright red.

Mum slapped his shoulder. "Brian, don't! You'll embarrass the poor boy. Plus, I'm sure Sally is just looking for some company, particularly if Katie isn't home."

"Yeah, I bet she's looking for company," Dad added, innuendo now dripping from his tone.

"I'm sure it's nothing like that," I stated adamantly, though it was a complete lie. The same thoughts were crossing my mind at a million miles an hour.

I wandered inside, putting on a shirt, trousers and shoes, said goodbye to the family before walking down the street to Sally's house. The door opened not long after the doorbell chimed, Sally immediately grinning once she saw me. I couldn't help running my eyes up and down her, thankful for my sunglasses, taking in her light summer dress, exposed and tanned arms and legs, her feet bare and toenails painted red. She gestured for me to come in, immediately hearing some music playing quietly in the background.

"Thanks for coming, Mikey. I wasn't sure if you would."

"Why wouldn't I?"

She thought about that for a moment before shrugging. "Well, I guess since my daughter isn't here... Take a seat, Mikey. Would you like a drink?"

"What are you offering?"

"How about a nice and smooth sipping bourbon?"

"Perfect."

I took a seat on the couch, looking around the living room I'd sat in hundreds of time before, yet I don't think I'd ever felt a case of butterflies I was feeling before. I noticed some of the flowers sitting on top of a cabinet to my left, figuring the others would be around somewhere. Sally reappeared carrying a bottle, two tumblers and an ice bucket, making each of us a drink on the rocks.

Clinking glasses, we wished each other a Merry Christmas before taking a sip, sitting back and relaxing on the couch. Once again, I was on the end while Sally sat closed to me, curling her legs underneath her. I glanced at her as she just smiled at me. "Thank you for coming, Mikey."

"No thanks are necessary, Sally. I'm glad you invited me."

"You're not feeling awkward, are you?"

"Only a little bit. But l like spending time with you, so it's okay."

I know I was nervous as my drink disappeared rather quickly, Sally taking the glass, feeling her fingers graze mine, as she poured two more. I took a sip from that one before placing it on one of the coasters. The last thing I wanted to do was get drunk. I figured I was going to need a clear head.

I had no idea what music was playing, but there wasn't any dialogue, it was all instrumental. Very relaxing too, and certainly added to the mood. We conversed about nothing in particular, Sally showing an interest in what I planned to do now that I'd finished school, understanding my reasoning for wanting to avoid university. I had a feeling she wanted to ask questions about Katie and our previous relationship, as one or twice the conversation veered in that direction, but she stopped before going too far.

After a few more drinks, though, the inhibitions were finally lowered. "So you dated my daughter for six years. I assume you ended up having sex?"

"We did. I thought that would have been obvious. Katie never said?"

"She didn't have to. A mother knows these things." I just shrugged. "How was she?"

I almost spat my drink out as I took a sip. "What?" I managed to cough out.

"Did my daughter please you? Did you please her?"

I scratched my hair. "Um, I guess so. I know, I... you know... finished and she... well.... Um..."

"Were you always safe?"

I nodded. "We were until we were confident the morning after pill covered us. Then we wanted to see what it felt like, you know, natural. After that... Well, we didn't have any scares, but I would have been by her side should there have been."

"Good boy." She paused again. "Mikey, I haven't had sex in over a year."

I know my jaw gaped at that revelation and didn't have a clue how to respond. "Um..."

Then she kissed me. I'll admit I froze completely when she did that, alarm bells ringing in my head that this was Katie's mother, and despite the fact we'd broken up, this was... awkward. Sally soon sensed my hesitancy and pulled back. "I'm sorry, Mikey. I thought..."

I needed to clear my head, placing the glass on the table. "I really should...," trailing off, as I got to my feet.

She grabbed me gently by the wrist. "Please stay, Mikey," she quietly.

I'd never heard her sound so vulnerable. I met her eyes and they were pleading with me to stay. But I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Because I knew I was on the verge of giving into temptation. I now knew she wanted me, despite who I was to her. And I knew I wanted her. It was so wrong to think that. I knew the whole thing would blow up in her face. But I would have slept with her in a heartbeat.

Sitting down next to her again, I poured myself another glass, Sally offering hers so I could pour another one for her too, my hand noticeably shaking as I poured the bottle. I'd never felt so nervous before. My first time with Katie had been awkward, but I hadn't felt the nerves because it had felt so right. I knew the nerves I felt right now were because Sally was, well, she was experienced. And while I had experience, I'd only had that with one girl, and that girl had been her own bloody daughter.

We sat in silence again, listening to the music, sharing the occasional glance. Every time I looked at her, she smiled at me, and I returned the gesture. "Do you find me attractive, Mikey?" she finally asked, breaking the tension.