All Comments on 'Tied Up in Knotts Ch. 17'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Yay, progress!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To keep reading this story... does it worth it?

This is a dead alley. Give more movement to thia story. It is becoming boring and ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Haha

This chapter barely accomplished anything. It was so short. Another technique to drag it out? I need to take a break from this story and maybe just wait till it's over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Aha! The ice is beginning to break.

Jason revealed that his best sex experience was with another guy ( aka Buck) than Penn. That’s a rather demeaning comment to make in front of Penn’s family and Nash. Tells a lot about that relationship. Yet, Nash made it clear that his craziest sex was in Thailand and later noted to himself that he would do anything Penn wanted.

Unless Penn is blind, deaf and dumb ( I am beginning to wonder), Nash’ move into Penn’s bedroom this could be the first real step to recovery.

Yet another 3~day wait.

Hopefully the next episode gives us some hot encounters. There has been a bit of a dry spell.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How many chapters are left?

This is annoying. How many chapters are left? Seriously. I agree with the person whobsaid that was going to wait till the end. Ugh. I will never read this author's stories till the very end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Build Up

Hmmm... this chapter accomplished two things in my opinion. It drew a line in the sand with the family unit (wolf pack) when it came to interfering in someone else’s life. It also set up the next chapters in the continuing story which I am loving. By the way Nash’s dialogue on being friends past love (or lust) is spot on. It is the only way a relationship will last over time. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Boring

You’ve carried this to far, the characters personalities change every time I read a chapter. Obviously Penns been a dick in past chapters, anybody would’ve jumped to the conclusions Nash did about the baby. Penn was was my favorite character, I envisioned him being a strong masculine top, but his actions have turned him into a spiteful drama queen.. and Nash comes across as a spineless wimp for taking all the mental abuse from Penn. I know I’m to caught up in this story, think I’ll just try waiting till it’s finished so I won’t be emotional all week after reading a chapter..

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This might not mean much coming from an anonymous user, but I like your writing Mrs. Gnomie. I don't understand why people are complaining that it's going so slow because you explicitly said that this story is a slow burner. I love everything you've written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Hey Mrsgnomie, just wanted to tell you I appreciate this story and your writing in general. All these people complaining just want some fun stuff, whereas you are building up characters and their feelings. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yawn

I agree with the others, I think I’ll wait for a few more chapters to come before reading again. This one was pointless (as have been the last couple). Penn is a child. Nash is desperate and pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I wonder....

I wonder whether one of Penn’s reasons for giving Nash such a hard-nosed attitude is to test Nash’ resolve in his attempts to restore their relationship. After all, Penn got his feelings hurt real badly and Nash was considered a flight risk, although Penn was just as immature in dealing with the break-up as Nash was. His tactic may actually work as Nash stated that he would do “anything” Penn wants, which can only mean one thing, ( hopefully one of the next chapters will give us the juicy details), a principle that Nash previously did not want to break “ Nash does not do casual sex”.

I don’t agree with the comment that Penn is a drama queen. An insensitive knucklehead, maybe.

At least Jason did not show up in person before Nash moved into Penn’s bedroom and will be given a chance to at least reverse the roles from the time when Penn would share Nash’ bed platonically, just after Nash left Lee. Maybe more.

We are now going into a depressed year end holiday season, MrsGnomie, please elate us with a positive outcome to this story to brighten up our spirits. Soon!

Can’t wait until the next chapter.

WaltMoore33WaltMoore33over 3 years ago
So glad you're writing again!!

So glad you're writing again!!

SwissLeprechaunSwissLeprechaunover 3 years ago
Great story

I just love this story. I think both of the main characters are so very relatable (no matter the other comments). Of course Nash would suspect that Penny is Penns. She is his wife after all and Penn already said that the had sex together. Plus he was still not in a very stabel mental state because of his divorce. But he had a year now to process it all. Penn on the other hand was constantly reminded of the break up by his family and pushed. So it makes sence that he tried to separate himself from everything and is very apprehensive to let his guards down again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I honestly have nothing better to do than anxiously wait three days for the next chapter. It's a nice marker of the passage of time during a year when most days feel just about the same 😄

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Realistic?

I feel like I've seen many readers say they like how everything is going and the slow burn because it's realistic...but in my opinion, nothing about this whole situation has been realistic. Their characteristics have changed. And heck their whole argument/breakup is based on assumption and kept on going because no one talked, not even to each other. Like what? It's confusing. Hoping to come back when there's a series 2, where I can read about them getting married, having kids, etc. If we're lucky enough, we might get an epilogue of happily ever after with this one, after 17 or more chapters of just way too much negative vibes. I get the slow burn warning in the beginning, but man it's been many chapters and some short ones at that. Taking a break.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love this story

This story is your best yet. I love everything - the characters, the build up, and the suspense has me hooked! I love reading a story where i have no idea how it's going to end. Obviously, i want them to get to together. People forget just how easy love can turn to hate. Penn had to "hate" him to survive that year without him. That's not easy to overcome. If it was this story would move faster i think it would be cheap and not real. Love this story. They belong together. I wonder if they will make it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

16 comments and only 1 favorite at this point, very strange. Not my cup of tea but that disparity lead me to investigate. I haven't found any clues.

sm1982sm1982almost 2 years ago

As a woman and a writer, I freggin HATE how often women come off looking ignorant or as the eager gay man’s confidant in gay lit. I find it ridiculous that any of Penn’s family would pull a stunt like this..they don’t know Jason nor favor him over Nash so why would any of them want to put him on speaker or willingly want him playing their game?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anons 2 years ago,

I don't see why you think their characters have changed, unless we're just not reading the same story. Character progression is just common sense in stories, you know?

Time skip is a thing here too. We skipped a year here, and it's just stupid if you think those two won't have any character growth from it. Penn learns to not put Nash in a podium as if he's the perfect human being and starting to fight back against his family being extremely pushy is just as logical and positive character growth as Nash learning not to make crazy assumptions and tun away without confirming them first.

Then again, you're one of those past commenters that only bothered to read "two male leads, they fell in love, earth-shattering sex, HEA" so your priorities are skewed from the get-go, and of course you would go on a tangent of "their characters have changed so much, I hate it."

Penn being "a child" kind of makes sense, but it's oversimplifying his perspective too. He seems very passive about life in general, just going through it before the series start. He's just meh and goes with whatever the family does, and then starts wanting to rebel little by little as the series goes on. This is because it gets past his comfort zone a lot, since it's a lot more steps being done from showing him footage of Nash's work to just blatantly forcing Nash to participate in the events when Penn is there too. I have a hard time he's the spoiled little brother here, Penn just doesn't seem to care a lot back then with a mindset of "nothing has to change," and you tend to see these folks a bit clueless and more secretive on talking about anything crucial going on in their lives.

Nash being a "spineless wimp" for mental abuse is just ironic, other Anon. Learn to read. Penn's feelings got shattered so badly with that awful break-up, so he deserves to jab on Nash about it. I wouldn't say it's close to mental abuse there when the other guy screwed it up extremely badly.

Saying that Jason is an ass is also a wild assumption. Check on the chapters. Penn and Jason never stated outright that they're boyfriends, just that they had sexual activities in the past. Him saying another guy gives him the best sex is another indicator to that, so they're definitely friends with benefits during that gap in time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Also, as I wrote these comments on these anons 2 years ago, definitely dealing with the same anons every chapter that has similar issues with CuriousAudrey.

All of them make hasty assumptions out of nowhere while proving they don't read thoroughly. Not accepting character development, forgetting everything else happening with side characters, etc.

You just know that they have problems on reading and decide to flood the comment section with idiotic remarks when none of them discussed on how bad the family is on treating Penn.

It's great that Nash notices the issue and talked peacefully with the kids, but it's just awful that the parents had to do it in a very immature way that causes a big conflict in the first place. Just proof that age doesn't mean that you are always right, and I like this confrontation way more than the stupid break-up Nash did. This family issue really needs to be resolved, that's for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sm1982,

It feels like they're being influenced by their husbands. It sounds ridiculous, but I've experienced cases where the relationship complements the related individuals' personalities positively or negatively, if that makes sense.

From what we know, Ryan and Logan is VERY persistent, and we know that that trait is also passed on to their kids. Unfortunately, we don't know much about the wives, so it's hard to come to the conclusion of either maybe the same kind attracts the other, or they just gave up due to the husbands' persistence and slowly thinks that it's a normal thing to do. We just don't have enough info on how Mrsgnomie wants us to think about them in this story sadly haha.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nash speaking up for Penn stays true to his character. Thanks for a reality check!

MickyFox0MickyFox08 months ago

So they had a game of truth, pity they were all married except Penn and Nash , so they had to say their wife or husband. And then expect, even when Jason was on the other end of the phone. It's about time the whole family grew up.

But we'll see.

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous