Time is on My Side, Yes It is

Story Info
A woman's mistake reappears after 10 years.
9.2k words
3.95
108.4k
84
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fritz51
fritz51
888 Followers

Note: This is a resubmission. I decided to respond to some readers comments and edited / altered this story for two reasons. First, some of the comments I felt were spot on. Second, some others caused me to realize that I missed the mark describing my final story which kept changing as I wrote. Sorry, I hope this is a better read.

Forward,

Apologies to my readers that are used to having some steamy sex scenes in my stories, none in this one, sorry, it just didn't seem to fit anywhere. There is cheating, but if you are a BTB fanatic, skip this one... fritz51

The household was a blur of activity, a wedding was being planned, arrangements negotiated, and yes, arguments were breaking out. Lisa, age 28, daughter of Kevin and Sheena Grayson was set to marry Dustin Whiting in two weeks. The plan was mostly hammered out, the big items had all been addressed. The venue, DJ, caterer, bar, bride's dress, church and flowers had all been taken care of months before. Practically each item was a separate argument between mother and daughter, not an unusual occurrence these days. This wedding had as much tension as so many others and as so many others Lisa's father, Kevin, stayed clear to the extent possible, his duty would come in three major parts, giving away the bride, the father-daughter dance, and pay the bill.

Kevin had slipped out to the garage to get the mower ready to cut grass, while mom and daughter had yet another round of grief about some minor fine point of wedding protocol. Whatever it was, he knew that he wouldn't be interested and even if he was, his opinion wasn't needed or wanted.

He forgot that he wanted a beer while he cruised around on his J.D. pride and joy lawn tractor. When he got back in the house, the mother-daughter discussion had become even louder and he hoped to sneak to the refrigerator and grab a cold one without being noticed. The fridge was located in a nook somewhat out of sight of the women and he was nearly successful. He had retrieved his brew, but the subject of the argument snagged his attention.

Lisa was telling her mom that her girlfriends had a bachelorette party lined up at her friend's house, with three male strippers. Sheena was desperately trying to talk her daughter out of having the strippers, especially at a private home where "rules" don't apply.

"Mom, it's my last fling, and I want to have a great time. The girls got this all set up, and damn it, it's MY party!"

"Lisa, I know this sounds like so much fun to you, but you can't pretend like you don't know what could happen. When those guys unpackage the goods and all of your so-called friends start daring you to touch, then ... do things with it, you will likely have been drinking and that temptation will be strong."

"Mom, I know what goes on, I've been to several bachelorette parties. I know that the goal is to get the bride tipsy, or worse, and get her to do things with the strippers. This is MY LAST FLING and I want to have my fun, I'll be married for years."

"Lisa, your telling me that you INTEND to have sex with these men, If Dustin gets word of this you most likely won't get married at all, or be divorced before the thank you cards are out."

"He'll never find out, these girls all have my back, anyway, he's probably going to have strippers at his bachelor party."

"You don't actually know that, do you? Yes, they might head to a strip club and see some naked dancers and if he did anything with them, I would lose respect for him, wouldn't you? Wouldn't that bother you, if nine days before the wedding he had sex with some random women?"

"Yes Mom, it would bother me. I guess if I found out something like that, I might not go through with the ceremony, I don't know for sure. But this is MY Time, and I WANT my night of cutting loose."

"With all of the social media, live time selfies, with only drunk girls to protect your secret, the odds of his finding out are not in your favor. Think of how he would feel, if he found out," Sheena countered.

Then the bombshell dropped, Lisa challenged her mother, "Is that what you were thinking about when I caught you cheating on dad ten years ago? Were you concerned with how HE would feel?"

Sheena didn't have a chance to answer her daughter, a thud was heard and both women turned to see Kevin near the refrigerator. He was standing there, mouth open, hand now empty, the beer can having fallen with a thud.

Sheena covered her face and ran out of the dinette, up the stairs to the bedroom and locked the door.

Lisa said, "Daddy, I'm so sorry. I don't know why I can't keep my big fucking mouth shut," then moved to embrace her father, but he resisted her.

"Tell me what you know. I want the fucking truth, Lisa. If you don't want your world blown up too, start talking."

"Daddy, this is something you need to talk to mom about. I've really messed up here, is there anyway we could just back up ten minutes and pretend that I never said anything?"

"Not a fucking chance. Now spill what you know."

"Daddy please don't hate her, she only slipped a little, and never did again, it was ten years ago. Please, can't you just forgive her, and not pursue this, it was so long ago."

"For you and her it may have been a long time ago. NO, I'm not going to pretend that all is OK."

"I know you are hurt by this. Daddy, I understand. Please listen to Mom, she loves you with all of her heart."

"No, YOU don't understand. Maybe if you found out that Dustin has been screwing that blonde waitress down at Herb's diner for the last two months, then maybe you would have some idea. No more stalling, spill it. Tell me everything that you know and how you know it... NOW."

"Alright, since she ran off instead of facing you, and you do have a right, here it is. When I was 18, you had to go away for special training on new equipment at your work. I don't remember what it was called, do you?"

"Yes, I remember. I wanted the promotion at work and that training was mandatory. I did it for all of us, a short-term sacrifice to make a better living, for my family."

"Daddy, I realize that you and Mom had been married for 20 years then, but it was the first time Mom had ever been left alone. I know that's not an excuse, but it's still true. I wasn't supposed to be home for Spring Break for another day, but I was able to get all my class work done and two of my professors wanted to get going also, so they canceled their classes. I wanted to surprise her, she had sounded so lonely on the phone when I called from college, especially the last month. I guess I surprised her more than I had wanted to.

I slipped in the side door, like you did just now, and I heard strange sounds coming from the family room. I peeked in and a man was sitting on the sofa with his pants around his ankles, his eyes shut and moaning like crazy. Mom only had jeans on, bare from the waist up, with her back to me. Neither one knew I was there.

At eighteen, I knew what a blow job was, sorry Daddy, but I'd already given one myself, so I knew what was going on. When I gasped, they both heard and stopped. Mom began crying and told the man to leave.

She tried to start explaining, but I was calling her a whore, and didn't want to hear anything she had to say. That night, when you called to say hi, she had begged me to not let on, to at least wait until you came home and you could be told face to face, by her or me. I agreed to hold off, not wanting you to face that kind of news while you were away from home, besides, you were due to be back before I returned to college.

Before you got home, we had several talks and I was beginning to forgive her, she really seemed to regret what she had done. She even admitted that the day I caught her wasn't the first time, but promised that it had been the last. She said that she had been so lonely with both of us being away, that she had made a horrible mistake, something that she had never done before.

We also talked about what would happen when you found out, we agreed that divorce was the most likely outcome. I didn't want that, and all I had to do was keep quiet. Mom said if I felt that I was betraying you, that I should tell and she would have to face her punishment. Please forgive me Daddy, but I could not stand the idea of you two splitting up, so I promised Mom that I'd never tell, if she promised to never again betray you." Lisa was deflated, the years of holding that secret had taken a toll.

To Lisa. it seemed that Kevin's time in hell had just started, "Did you get a look at the guy Lisa?"

"Daddy, I can't. Please don't ask that. Things are bad enough as it is, and it doesn't matter who she did it with."

"So, you know who it was, don't you?"

"I can't say, maybe mom will tell, but I doubt it. I'm sorry, be mad at me if you must, but I'm not telling."

"You know that I can't be mad at you. This thing is not your fault and I'll not put you in the middle of it. That's not fair to you. This is between your mother and me.

"And now, for the part that IS your business. What's this bull shit about you wanting to fuck or suck some strippers?

"Daddy, I'm going upstairs and talk to Mom. Maybe I can calm her down a little, please don't leave, you and I will talk later about the other stuff."

"Lisa, I need to leave the house for a while. I'll be back around dinner time and no matter what else is going on, YOU and I are going to have a talk," Kevin said, then left.

For ten years Sheena had been dreading having to have this talk with her husband, it was the day of reckoning. Lisa went to her mother's door and knocked softly and in a hushed tone said, "Mom, it's me. Can I come in please?"

Sheena went to the door and opened it, both women were in tears.

"Mom, I'm so sorry that I opened my big mouth."

"This isn't on you, Lisa, this is my cross to bear. I did this to our family; I don't know if I can get your father to forgive me, but I have to try. Is he down stairs?"

"No, he said he had to leave the house, but would be back for dinner."

"Where did he go?" Sheena asked.

"I don't know, a bar maybe," Lisa guessed.

"I guess I can't blame him for wanting a drink. I just hope he doesn't get into trouble. I can't stand the thought that my actions might cause him even more pain."

At 6pm Sheena heard the garage door open and close. She descended the staircase and moved to the dinette where her husband was seated, waiting with the look of a man hurt beyond eternity.

Her words were hard to force out, "I had hoped that this day would never come, that you would become aware of my disgrace."

"You cheated on me?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"I never wanted to hurt you, it was so long ago. Please, can you find it in your heart to forgive me? I've spent every minute of the last ten years trying to be the best wife possible to atone for my mistake."

"Ten years of deception, some would say. Bye the way, is she really my daughter?" he said, not having any doubt about Lisa's genes, he said it to be hurtful. He succeeded.

After a sharp intake of breath, and an attempt to hold off a massive breakdown at the knife Kevin had just thrust into her, she stammered out, "You know damn well she's yours. She was 18 when I messed up, she was supposed to be at college, but she caught us."

Who was it?" he demanded.

"I can't tell you who, it would just cause more trouble and make our getting past this more difficult than it has to be."

"You presume a lot. What makes you think that our staying married is a certainty?"

That statement shocked her, and she burst into tears, "You would tear apart our family after 30 years over my one foolish mistake? Don't you love me?

"Me tear it apart? You cheat and then turn it around on me?"

"Please don't go that far, I'll do anything to make it right, to restore your trust in me."

"I'll offer this, tell me everything now, and I'll take no action until this wedding is over, she can get married while still being part of a complete family. Attempt to deceive me, and I'll see an attorney immediately and file. Now decide," he ordered.

"I will agree to confess everything, our daughter's wedding shouldn't be ruined."

"Then begin with who you cheated with."

She tried stalling, "Please don't dredge that up..."

Before she finished Kevin got up, shook his head to indicate that she had just crossed the line of no return and took three steps toward the stairs when Sheena blurted out, "Sam, it was Sam, oh my god, you'll hate us both forever. I'm so sorry."

"My so-called good friend Sam. You and him did this to me? Why?"

"It was when you went away for three months, to take that training course. I had never been alone before, I had trouble handling you and Lisa both not being here. I called Sam to come over a couple of times to fix some household things, a leak under the sink, then a door lock came apart. When he did, I invited him to have a coffee, and we talked.

At the second visit I broke down a little and cried about being lonely. He scooted his chair closer and put his arm around me, trying to comfort me. I was very distraught and when his embrace tightened, I should have pulled away, but I didn't. I faced him and let him kiss me, I returned his kiss, then panicked. I knew where we were headed, so I got up and he said that he had better leave."

"So, you were fully aware of the dangerous water that you were wading out in, but that wasn't the end of it, was it?" There was an anger in his voice now that she had never heard before.

"No, I wish to god that it ended there, but it didn't. He came back over the next day, to check if I was alright, and not freaked over what we had done. I should have told him that I was fine and to go home, but the truth was I enjoyed the company. I swear that I did not invite him in for sex, but comforting again turned to kissing, then fondling, then I let him take me on the sofa.

It happened again, I felt ashamed of myself, disgusted that I had not been able to resist the relief from loneliness for the short time that you were gone. I was adamant that I would put an end to my cheating before you got home.

I wanted to stop, but was weak. During the third encounter, Lisa came home early from college and found us together, me topless, and Sam without pants. I don't have to draw you a picture.

She screamed at me, and Sam, ranting over what we both new to be true, that we were betraying the best man, best friend, best husband possible.

The next days were tense between Lisa and me. In the end I told her that it would be her decision whether or not to tell you, but I wished that we held off until you could be told face to face. We both knew that it would break your heart, I swore an oath to her that I would never again betray you or her. She felt very strongly that you would likely divorce me, and because of that decided on silence. I was grateful.

I give my word that is the entire, shameful truth."

"I can't describe how awful I feel, hearing how you gave yourself to another man, in my own house. And Sam, my friend... Well, I made a deal, I keep my word. There is more to this than YOU know, but you won't have to wait ten years to find out, just until after the wedding."

Sheena felt a massive amount of heartache that the relationship between her and her love had turned to this. She also craved to know what it was that she didn't know, but things between her and her husband were so strained that she felt that she couldn't risk pressing him for answers.

******************************

The next day the family discussions became wedding oriented again, even though the "elephant in the room" remained, causing discomfort among everyone there. Kevin kept his word though and did not bring up Sheena's infidelity. He stayed clear of the wedding discussions and arrangements that were clearly female, at least he felt that it was better to keep quiet and go along with whatever the women settled on.

Lisa later approached her father and requested to discuss something privately, naturally he agreed, he also wanted to speak to her. It turned out that they both were concerned about the same thing -- her bachelorette party.

They went into the den, and when the door closed, Lisa said, "Daddy, I need to talk about my party."

"I thought so," He said, "Having second thoughts, I hope?"

"Yes Daddy, I know that you overheard enough yesterday, before, well you know, before I said what I did to Mom. I guess you've figured out what I was going to do.

Now, after seeing how hurt you were, and Mom too, having that awful deed hanging over her head like that for all of those years takes away any notion that a fling, having sex with some strippers would be fun," she admitted.

"I'm glad you are reconsidering, it would have hurt Dustin badly, very possibly enough to end any future with you. Truthfully, if I were him and found out you did that, it would be over," he stated.

"Is that what you are going to do to Mom? Dump her? Oh god, Daddy, she'll be destroyed, she is so very sorry. Please give her a second chance."

"Baby, I love you. But this thing between your mother and me IS JUST BETWEEN HER AND ME. You do not get a say. Now it has been agreed to not talk about that any further, for now, and we won't, understand?"

"Yes Daddy, I understand," she said.

"OK," he said, "Let's get back to what we came in here to hash out."

"I'm calling off the bachelorette party, I decided that already. The girls will give me shit, but I understand now that it's not them that's risking their future for some unnecessary fun that could go sideways a hundred different ways. It's me that's risking everything."

"Yes, it is baby, you would be risking not only your happy future, but risking Dustin's as well and he's not even getting any thrill. Only you were going to gain something, a false something, but taking a risk for both of you."

"When you say it like that, and that IS the way it was going to be, I don't think that I am worthy of him."

"Come on sweetheart, you'll make him a wonderful wife, you didn't go through with it."

"No father, I didn't. But, we both know that I was going to, until I blurted out what I did at Mom for trying to talk sense to me. And now I've ruined your lives as well. I am so sorry. My big fucking mouth, I don't deserve any of you."

"You can't take the blame for your mother, she has to face her own guilt. As for your intentions, you need to forgive yourself, and use that near miss as a reason to dedicate yourself to Dustin."

"That's just it Daddy, I don't think that I'll be able to forgive myself fully until I confess to Dustin. I owe him the opportunity to dump me, what I would have done would have been unforgivable. I need to tell him the truth, so if it gets blurted out of one of my girlfriend's mouths, he'll already know. I should let him decide if he still wants me."

"Honey, I don't think you should, but it's your call. If that's what you are going to do, then right away would be wise."

She sent Dustin a text, "Imperative that you stop here after work, something important. Love, Lisa."

*******************************************

Around six pm Dustin knocked on the door and was let in by Kevin. The two men exchanged greetings, then Dustin was shown to the den where Lisa was waiting, her eyes looking down at the floor, unnerving Dustin.

"What's wrong baby?" he asked.

"Please sit down, I have something that I must tell you. You might hate me after, and you don't have to answer me right away," she said in a voice so low he could barely hear her.

"I could never hate you, I love you," he insisted.

"Dustin, you know that the girls were going to throw me a bachelorette party, right?"

"Yeah, I know. The guys are lining something up for me too, but don't worry, I won't allow them to do anything stupid enough to hurt you."

fritz51
fritz51
888 Followers