All Comments on 'Time is on My Side, Yes It is'

by fritz51

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It was different

What can I say it was enjoyable it did have its little flaws but I didn’t care all in all I enjoyed it that’s what this section is all about reading these sorts of stories and just enjoying them for what it is that being a cuckold free and swinging free zone and it boils down to it was a getting revenge on cheaters so keep writing these fantastic stories and don’t you dare stop 😄👍🤞✍️

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
Hard to forgive

I think someone has to admit they were wrong to be forgiven. If confonted and they don't but try to brush it off with some excuse that is no apology.

So there can't be forgiveness.

Sometimes you don't have to cheat to ruin a marriage. Just go cold and distant on the other and you are telling your spouse that you don't give a shit about them or the marriage. Same thing as cheating. Because you might as well be saying, when you were not in my life, someone else was.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Uhm, what?

How does the first part of this story work with the ending?

He's shocked and dismayed at the knowledge that she cheated on him...but he's known for a decade.

And how does the daughter know the mother never did it again? She said so? Her word means anything? And the father isn't pissed off at the daughter for keeping this from him for ten years?

What's up with the future son-in-law? What sort of idiot reconciles with a woman who has plans to cheat on him just prior to the wedding and ignores the pleas from her mother not to do it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I dislike adultery but I loathe hypocrisy. It’s an unspoken rule:

No one asks what happens at bachelor/bachelorette parties. If some lines are crossed, we’ll, that’s for them to decide...no one else’s opinion matters.

As for the adultery after the marriage? They’re both wrong but neither should hubby act like he’s the wounded party. It doesn’t matter who cheated first if all he needed was an opportunity.

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 4 years ago
Good story

Liked your writing, as always, and the idea. The thing that made this good and not great was the husbands’ reactions. I went back and reread after the ‘twist,’ and Kevin’s reaction was exactly how I’d expect for a husband just finding out his wife cheated - not who already knew and had been having a ten year affair. Sam’s reaction to finding out his wife had a ten year affair going on to the day before was almost non-existent. No matter how guilty, there would’ve been some anger. And I have to say the scales definitely weren’t balanced- Kevin and Debbie went way overboard in their revenge and they are the lucky ones that their spouses wanted to work things out - but love makes you do stupid things.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Not bad.

This was an interesting and entertaining story.

I don't buy how easy everything wrapped up or how civil things went but pretty good tale!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago

P.S.

I found Dustin and Lisa's situation to have been very well played. I bought that.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Two for one.

LW's story within a story. Not a BTB story? Well kinda. Kevin and Debby screwing around for years for what Sam and Debbie did a couple of times is pretty good trade off/payback. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
3*s/4*s

Really appreciate the character development in this story👍. Six individuals that impressed me as being truly different from one another. Pretty good dialog. The plot is an old one, with the twist of the daughter's plans precipitating the exposure of cheating. Well written drama 🎭.

My disappointment was the dinner reveal. Unbelievable ‼️So many cheaters, all so calm, reasonable, and accepting. It broke the story ⛔. No anger, no one lost it 🤯.

A 10 year revenge, and everyone was fine with it 😳. Hard to believe.... So thanks for the story fritz51. It was worth reading..... I just don't know what to rate it, HA, Ha, ha.....

AMerryman

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago
Re: timriv

Shena and Sam tore up their wedding vows by fucking each other, basically declaring an open relationship. Debby and Kevin were given no choice in the matter. When they found out what their spouses had done, they were both devastated and only slept with each other for comfort. It's not remotely the same thing! The cheaters never confessed, so the open relationship status never changed.

"I take exception to the thought that the wife and Sam were the bad ones."

Of course they were.

It's not about the quantity of infidelity. Shena and Kevin had a committed relationship until she decided to fuck his best friend. She broke her husband's heart, inflicting huge amount of emotional pain on a loving and faithful spouse. At that point, the marriage was in ruins... because she destroyed it!

"It would be a long road for Kevin to get Debby back"

You mean his wife, Shena? In any case, why make any effort to get her back? She proved she was a whore by fucking his best friend. If Shena couldn't handle his revenge affair, then they get divorced... as they should have done when he first caught her screwing around. Instead of reconciling when the truth about the affairs eventually came out, Kevin should have just dumped Shena and got himself a younger woman.

"she got the house half the assets and 60 percent of his salary as alimony"

He's been having a revenge affair for 10 years, waiting to throw it in his wife's face. Do you seriously believe that he hasn't been protecting himself financially in case this ends in a divorce? She might get 60%... of half their actual assets. Besides that, Shena has no actual evidence of infidelity... but Debby and Kevin have 10-year-old pictures of their spouses fucking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Inconsistent

The husband’s shock and outrage at “discovering” the wife’s cheating, included his repeated claim that for other it had been 10 years and for him it had been 10 minutes, is inconsistent with the ending. It’s more of a gaping plot hole than a twist ending.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago
Hotprof...

You wrote, I went back and reread after the ‘twist,’ and Kevin’s reaction was exactly how I’d expect for a husband just finding out his wife cheated - not who already knew and had been having a ten year affair.

I looked at it from a different angle, one his shock was from the unsaid finally being said. Two the shock was an act that he had been practicing for ten years.Last he needed something dramatic to let his presents be known with out becoming a raving lunatic.

If looked at in the bigger picture, fritz gave both Kevin and Shena the opportunity to seperate for a few minutes with her running upstairs to defuse the situation.

The only problem I had was the, as they put it,fuck the day before the dinner. was it suppose to be a good bye fuck?

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Say What?

This felt like two different stories with the front end from one and the back end from another held together with a band-aid called Dustin-Lisa.

Square peg / round hole with lots of caulk. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Feedback

It worked pretty good until the coffin. They had all already confessed. The best lesson being he who laughs last usually laughs best. This sex stuff drives people crazy. Fortunately with time it is not as powerful an issue. Not many could have waited so long to get even mentally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
i'm conflicted

first of all, the original cheater's reactions were almost too perfect.

i'd expect more emotional turmoil than what you wrote. you did weave in some. but i expected a lot more yelling and bitterness.the revenge the other spouses engaged in was malicious and deliberate, just like they said.

i agree with that sorta revenge, and i even condone them continuing the affair the longer the original cheaters kept quiet....but only for so long. there's something a bit nasty about keeping it open ended. and the cheated spouses did say they engaged in it less and less. and that does tip the scales back. maybe if they spied on the OG cheaters to make sure they stopped their affair, and used that to gauge when to stop?

i don't know. it's a messy story. my only real complaint is not enough hurt? i can't imagine the cheaters taking ALL that blame so quickly. my only logical leap is that they only accepted all the blame because they never completely stopped their affair. but that kills the 'moving forward with only honesty' thing you were going for.

was it overall a good story? well, yea. i really enjoyed it. 5 outta 5. but the ending confused me a bit.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
This story gave us six characters

we could dislike. Wife #1 cheated on husband and best friend. Wife #2 cheated on husband and best friend for 10 years. Daughter wanted to cheat just before her wedding and kept her mother's cheating a secret. Husband # 1 cheated on wife and best friend for 10 years. Husband # 2 cheated on wife and best friend. Daughter's boyfriend makes up ridiculous contingencies for his bride to accept, yet is willing to marry a woman he obviously does not and cannot trust. Toss in the characters can somehow shake their heads in agreement (and probably nod their heads in disapproval) and we have a certified clusterfuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Punctuating Dialogue, 101

If a paragraph doesn’t begin with a quotation mark, that indicates it’s narrative.

<P>

When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, EVERY paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I think it's a great effort..

And yes, I am sick and tired of all the darn grammar Nazis out there who want to offer corrections but no real insight. It's a good story, and every writer deserves a fair read. For what its worth I only comment on good stories, I don't waste effort on bad ones. Good luck and continue your efforts.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

I have concerns about the daughter who covers up for her mother, and feels entitled to a last fling that she wouldn't accept her fiance having.

There's no reason to call off the bachelorette party, just keep it clean.

I think Dustin overreacted. First of all despite the plans, nothing happened. Second, maybe I misread, but my impression was that fooling around with the strippers MIGHT happen, and she felt that she had a right to do it, but NOT that it was a 100% given that it WOULD happen.As he said, "Your cheating was theoretical, you didn't actually do it, you might have backed out at the last minute."

"What have we done?" - Shena's still blaming herself?!

I don't care for information being withheld from the readers that is known by the narrator. That lost a star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
There are aspects of this I want to like

A very mitigating factor for me is your issue with editors. I didn’t realize it was hard to gain help (kind of feel bad for all the times I dinged a story for that).

Fundamentally you are good on knowing all of those rules about English. Yes, you did miss on some quotation marks. But here’s the thing- The protagonist’s reaction in the kitchen doesn’t align with your ending. That’s as bad as the fiancé’s demands. Daughter was gravely wrong, but such a 28 year old doesn’t accede to such terms. If she does, verbally, years later she’s going to snap.

And yes, a good deal of the story read as being “dry.” Devoid of emotion. Mechanical. And having the gang gathering around the casket? Puh-leaze. Antagonist has just discovered his wife got some from another 24 hours prior and he’s munching down? I don’t care how wrong he acknowledges he is, no. Then to share that they had anal intercourse? C’mon!

You had a great concept. Your execution...

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Soooooo

Two wrongs DID make right?

ewray321ewray321over 4 years ago
Both

Both spouses cheated. The wife 2 times the husband 10 years. Two wrongs don't make a right.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Sorry

But I enjoyed the story. Too much cheating, but Sam and Sheba are solely responsible with opening Pandora's box and their deserved suffering is their fault entirely. Kevin and Debbie took a very poetic revenge on the cheating, lying pair. Lisa's modern feminist entitlement just crashed against Dustin's traditional male values, and died at once. Good story.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 4 years ago
Unreliable narrator approach was

Underwhelming. I agree that the characters were unattractive and Sam and She should get divorces. Reactions of people did not make sense. Now, where to start ...

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
Mr Sworder suggested that . . .

. . . the ten year old photo was evidence, but since both couples kept sleeping with their spouses, for ten more years, condonation had invalidated the adultery charge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Simple

Simple ending,but it is wrong.Shena should have divorced Kevin for his attitude when finding !about her and Sam despite the fact he had been shaggy Debbie for ten years.Also Lisa should not have married Dustin.If that was his attitude to he honesty,then they would never have got through married life.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
Grammar and editors

Was the grammar perfect? No. Was the punctuation flawless? No. Could the readers follow the story? Yes!

This isn’t the seventh grade with Sister Rosetta marking compositions, but a story, an effort made by an author for the hoped for enjoyment of readers. That it wasn’t perfect does not detract from the effort, at least not for me.

The biggest flaw I saw was Kevin’s reaction to Lisa spilling the beans, when he already knew about the adultery. That just didn’t fit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really??

An interesting scenario but well over the top; 10 years of revenge? Really?

T.T.

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 4 years ago
Re: dragonman

I was thinking what you said when I went back and reread. From what the narrator tells us, it seems more a reaction to finding out she cheated. I like the twist, but I think some foreshadowing with the MC’s reaction could have helped. I still think Sam’s reaction wasn’t believable- at least some signs of anger would’ve made it better. Big twists are hard to write. You don’t want to make them too obvious or so out of left field it’s almost a plot hole. I do like this story alot and think it came really close to pulling off a big twist

driv2u2driv2u2over 4 years ago
Dustin

I want to tap your phone , give me you passwords , and you will be my slave if you want me back , wow . Should tell him to poke it

fritz51fritz51over 4 years agoAuthor
Re Anon 12-9-19

It's commentary like yours that causes writers to place warnings prior to a story.

I write to entertain those that enjoy my work, flawed as it is, not for you.

Want to know what is a better SUGGESTION: for you to look elsewhere for whatever it is that you think that you are entitled to, just sayin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
jesus

Too many male and female hypocrites and skanks in this story.

Also, Dustin sounds like a serial killer in training.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I feel that that the lie is as bad as the cheating. He had to find out his best friend fucked his wife behind his back and then had that secret for ten years . Not only that now he finds out his daughter walked in on her mother sucking her father’s friends cock who she calls uncle. Now she kept that secret from him for ten years also. Revenge doesn’t fix things but it would help me deal a little better. Also being that there was no confession how do they know if they stopped or how long was it really going on . That an issue that would mentally stay with me. I’d believe that it was going on all along and never stopped, how could the guilty party prove it was only that time. I personally would get the revenge fucks in but I really deep down know I’d have to diivorce her. Their child was older also. If there little I’d maybe stick around . I could never look at them knowing they were keeping the secret . My friend would definitely need an bad beating also.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
very good story

with a bit of a twist. Its all fine by me, I don't need to see anyone burned to enjoy a story. Lot of good people screw something up on occasion or make really bad decisions. I don't mind and even like to see most parties come out Okay.

johsunjohsunover 4 years ago
good story

And in the end balance and forgiveness. Could have blown me over with a feather when Kevin and Debby announced that they've Benn doing the nasty all along.

The bit where Debby told Sam that she gave her ass to Kevin was great, and where she said it wasn't true, just said it was to punish him was even better.

I liked the burial thing. Reminds me how my first grade teacher wrote 'ain't' on a piece of paper in front of the class and then tore it up and put it in the waste basket - declaring that the non-word didn't exist and could never be spoken. Yeah yeah, not the same thing, but it reminded me.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Here is my favorite moment in the story:

Then looking at Sam, she said, "What have we done?"

She took responsibility for it all and didn't try to weigh blame on everyone. That told me that there was a chance at healing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
CAN'T IMAGINE....

That over 10 years Kevin's anger wouldn't have grown to the point he would probably have busted a nut in Debbie's ass at least once or twice just to take the edge off all of Sam and Shena's lying through omission.

And yeah, why did he waste a perfectly good beer by dropping it when he overheard something he'd known for 10 years? Sorry but in the context of the story that made no sense.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Complicated

Complicated story, but you made it work out in the end. Great work.

fritz51fritz51over 4 years agoAuthor
@ anon 1-22-20 "can't imagine"

Don't forget, he also heard that his daughter was arguing to have a sexual romp with strippers at her bachelorette party. I believe that suddenly becoming aware that his daughter was going to disrespect her future husband, having had his own wife, her mother, disrespect him with an affair is worthy of surprise enough to drop his beer.

On another note, several comments referred to the affair by Kevin and Debby as having been a continuous thing over the ten years. I did not intend that to be the case. My intent was to show two scorned spouses, still in love with their respective spouses, not wanting to tear apart their family apart, feeling that the cheating by their spouses was over, needed something to bolster their dignity and enable them to be able to feel internally that they had exacted revenge.

I did not intend to have them continuing to have sexual liaisons throughout the ten years, I intended that they suspended their activity within a relatively short time, UNTIL it all came rushing back at Kevin's discovery, at which his "pretend" ignorance was no longer workable. Therefore, Debby's ability to "pretend" was also made impossible and the two, met to decide what to do and in comforting each other had sex one more time.

I did not adequately describe my vision, I am sorry and am considering a re-write to address that issue. As for Kevin's attitude, I did and still feel that his attitude was formed as a defense mechanism to help him deal with what Shena and Sam had done and were STILL hiding.

fritz51

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
5 for style and creativity 2 for the holes

I liked it - especially the ending and the symbolism involved.

I struggled with 2 parts. How could he be so shocked at the revelation when he’d been taking advantage of a fuck buddy for 10 years. Second, when the daughter’s boyfriend gets high and mighty and demands her phone,passwords, etc., he should be releasing his similar items to her as well. It’s about not keeping secrets as opposed to punishment. Fair is fair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I have to say that if I were Lisa, I would ditch the sanctimonious little prick, Dustin. OK, I hate the thought of her screwing a couple of male strippers just days before their marriage but the fact is she fessed up & didn’t actually do anything. He then acts like a choirboy wanting a slave for a wife insisting that he have access to her phone, e-mail etc. You either trust someone or you don’t. To start a marriage, based on control, will end in disaster.

Ignoring all the above, the hypocrisy that some women have about hen nights etc, is incredible. It’s ok for them to have sex with a stripper and involve all her “friends” in a cover up, justifying the actions as “what he doesn’t know, won’t hurt him” argument is facile. Again, starting out a life together by fucking someone else a few days before you marry and fully intending to lie about it, does not bode well for their future.

I can guarantee that if he slept with an escort just before their marriage, she would go ape-shit and dump the bastard and rightly so.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xalmost 4 years ago
Call me old-fashioned, but ...

A 28-year-old female of "yeah, I'd hit that " appearance had ample time to attend to her "Strange of the Month" needs before getting engaged.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
A good story

No family should have to go through this

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Heh, I just saw that I read this a few months ago. The curse of a vintage memory. I see most of my views haven't changed much.

There's nothing wrong with HAVING a bachelorette party, it's what goes on. I'd have, but with her father as chaperone!

"Feeling that she had to come clean to her betrothed immediately, Lisa confessed to Dustin, who pulled the plug on their nuptials." - Why are you telling us what we just read? This section would work on a TV show as an "On last week's episode," but is wasted space here.

@Anonymous Re: "SOOOOOOOOOOO STUUUUUUUUUUUPID" - Why they didn't see him was explained, but EXCELLENT point about why was he so "shocked."

@Anonymous Re: "Good but" - They weren't cheating for ten years. They cheated twice back when Debbie caught them, and once just now.

I thought the conversation between the four of them was kind of stilted.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
IF YOU CAN SO CAN I IF YOU CAN

anything you can do I will do more and better and not tell even if you can do again. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

"You've damaged my trust in you and caused me to question whether you truly love me or not. I know you're saying that you love me, but considering what you were going to do, to fuck a couple of random guys, days before our wedding, throws a great deal of doubt on that claim of your love for me being genuine.

So, if, we resume an exclusive dating relationship, I will require you to agree to surrender your phone or allow me access to your lap top at any time. Further, if another wedding is agreed upon, a prenuptial document be signed stripping you of everything except what you brought into the marriage if you cheat on me. Can you agree to that?"

Jesus fucking Christ on a moped, what an absolute creep! If she never marries that guy she will have dodged a bullet.

So she has crazy thoughts before her wedding, decides not to go through with it, and then confesses everything to her partner. Shouldn't that be a reason to trust her more? I get that a person would be shaken by finding out their spouse to be had been thinking such horrible things, but should she really be punished so harshly for a thought crime? She came clean, dammit! Sure, she had a couple of good talks with her dad, but in the end, she was the one who decided to do the right thing. She was the one why decided on absolute honesty, even against her parent's advice.

I can understand why (and fully support) that a young couple would decide to get a prenup regarding infidelity and allow each other access to their phones and other devices. People deal with their insecurities and jealousy in different ways. But why on earth should anyone who hasn't actually done anything, apart from having naughty thoughts, ever agree to such a one-sided deal? That is just utter bullshit and creepy as hell.

Now write a followup where it turns out Lisa's new husband is a liar and a cheat. Lisa has already proven she is not, so that prenup and surveillance is really going to bite her in the ass. Her less than honorable parents probably aren't going to be much help then. That they were actually planning to keep their daughter's planned treachery secret from their son-in-law to be... Jeeeze!

Come to think of it, Lisa is probably the only half decent human being in this story, but with real shitty role models.

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years agoAuthor
Re: anon 7-16-20

I believe you are missing a key point of the discussion. She DID NOT decide to not go through with having sex with the strippers on her own. She fully intended to do it & was arguing with her mother that it was her right, when her father overheard the remark concerning her mother's cheating.

The change of heart came about after she witnessed the devastation brought about by her ripping open an old wound.

I believe that the fiance had every right to question her commitment. I'd be damn cautious hitching my wagon to her after that revelation. Put yourself in his shoes, a few days before their wedding she was deliberately going to betray him. Yes, a stroke of fate made her reconsider, but it wasn't her own good conscious that kicked in. Without the dropped bombshell, SHE WAS GOING TO DO THE STRIPPERS. That brings HER character into question.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Really!!!!

Simply put, Dustin is a complete Asshole! She had every right to dump him. Who in their right minds would want to spend their life with such a narrow minded jerk.

She properly took advice from her parents as a young inexperienced girl and made

the right decision.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Don't Forget

Lisa said she planned to "be married for years." So, she did not expect a lifetime with pool Dustin. I hope he talked out what she thought their marriage would be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
4 stars liked and enjoyed . The revenge caught me by surprise but!

Revenge so often goes on and on. Punishment different and ok.

As they realized. But proper punishment in this case?

Daughter was worst planning to disrespect fiance right before wedding.

But

I will give her benefit of doubt and recognize her grief and realization of pain she caused and would have caused.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I believe that fritz51 is the author of this story and not anyone else. Yet nearly everyone has said that he should have said this or done that, well guess what, he wrote the story how he wanted to. So that does not mean its not a good or bad story.

i thought is was good, without calling names or putting down the story. If you dont like a story just carry on like you do every day.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Think

I don't think Lisa should marry an insecure bloke like Dustin.He never gave her credit for her honesty and a bloke like him will constantly remind her what she thought about doing,throughout their married life.As for access to her phone and laptop she should tell to where to go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.............................................

If Kevin and Debby confessed that they had been fucking nonstop for the last 10 years, waiting for a confession. And since they've been doing it so long, Kevin was regularly busting a nut in Deb's butt. Even let Sam know he's eaten a couple of cream pies.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Shouldnt

Lisa shouldn't have told Dustin about the batcherlette party only that she had cancel it.As for Dustin is reaction was over the top,he never gave her any credit for being honest.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Better

Better on the second read, more in line with the Fritz51 stories that I like. Train wrecks averted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Not much meat in this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Must admit I was afraid that it was going to devolve into a wife swapping romp and really glad it didn't. The story isn't that great but at least it has a happy ending.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Trust but VERIFY!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

How could the four still stay friends, especially Kevin with Sam, the instigator of the betrayal. Reconciliation? Okay, but friends? Also, it took a year for Dustin to make up his mind? For an irresponsible, INTENDED, fling? Bit of a pussy. But for the above, would have been a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Brilliant. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Justin acted like a man - 5 stars

Lisa deserved what she got!!

As for the other 4, well they should have kept away for a while

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There is no moral equivalence between Sam and Sheena, on the one hand, and Kevin and Debbie, on the other. Sam and Sheena voided their marriage vows. What Sam and Debbie did may or may not have been prudent, but they couldn't violate vows that had been voided. The reconciliation of the couples was mawkish. Otherwise, the story was very well done.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Dustin is a total d-bag. The parents are a riot though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What can I say other than good story enjoyed the read. A well thought out plot. It's just a story the characters aren't real neither is what they say, their actions or anything else. It's just a story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Well

It was a little sweet at the end. However, there was a lot of shit to get passed, for everyone. Now, if there's goning to be a happily ever after, all have earned it.

Five Stars

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Well written.

A bit on the sweeter side

I agree with the comments that the two couples can't remain friends after this !

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Na, it's the same old truth as always. Women are bitches and are mostly nothing but a life support system for their pussies. Simple as that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed it. Really good writing.

.

However….if Kevin had known since it happened….and even had a couple revenge fucks with Debby…..then why did he drop his beer when he overheard Lisa remark to Sheena about her Mom having an affair??

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, I suspect that most long term relationships have an undertone of disloyalty at some or other stage, whether it be physical or emotional. The one that should be most troubling is when one spouse shares intimate details and inner thoughts about the union with an outside third party.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Deciding the person who was going to get gangbanged by strippers just before their wedding isn't the one for you isn BTB.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

2 wrongs don't make a right, but in this instance I think it's warranted even if it was planned. Glad the cheaters felt alil of how their spouses felt.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Better every time I read this one. The cheaters weren’t expecting to hear that they had not gotten away with anything..

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

No BTB necessary cause the betrayed got payback. As as far as Lisa goes, yeah that prenup is mandatory...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Forced behavioral modification is never the answer... subliminal aberrant desire and the devil eventually wins out unless the underlying pathology is confronted, dealt with, and overcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Back in the day, marriage was an expectation. Women did it because they could not remain living in their parents house. Men did it, because they were wanting a steady supply of puzzy.

However, I witnessed a lot of marriages break up, due to immaturity on the part of one, or both partners. It amazes me how most people would think twice before signing a contract to purchase a new car or truck over 6 years, but will sign a marriage contract like it’s nothing. Think about how many cars the dealers would sell, if you had to give up half your life savings, and pay alimony to get out of it! And yet... people are still getting married. Hope springs eternal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5stars and both endings were perfect from my view

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good moves by Dustin

Luckyhubs67Luckyhubs67about 2 years ago

I liked it, creative way to tell a common story. My only issue personally was with Sam, the wife was all alone and vulnerable but"the good friend" crossed a liner with no excuse, I couldn't keep a"friend" like that!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Second time reading, but first time commenting.

.

Overall, a very entertaining example of a well trod trope. For the most part, the story held together. Except….

.

Firstly: no way that the 4 of them “let bygones be bygones” after all is revealed. How could Kevin EVER stay friends with Sam going forward, given that Sam initiated the affair with his wife? It would be hard enough to reconcile with the wife…but Sam? No fucking way.

.

Secondly: pretty much the same for Debbie to reconcile with Sheena. Why would she want to?

.

Finally: can’t understand why Dustin would want to take a risk with that girl who was eagerly defending her “right” to fuck around just before the wedding. Lisa was a slut in waiting. At tne very least…too immature for marriage. Dustin should have run fast and far.

.

4 strong ****

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

Good story. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorldalmost 2 years ago

Burn the wife, yes and with malice. The daughter only related what she wanted to do, not what she had done. The fiancée was willing to talk, then something happens and he went nuclear. Interesting twist.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice99almost 2 years ago

Bunch of cheaters all around Daughter should demand a mutual prenup or nothing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The important lesson to take away from this is that a prenuptial agreement, which is all about money, is the main thing. It's vital to be able to profit from misery - that's how to get wealthy. And that's the most important thing, right?

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianalmost 2 years ago

Don’t worry about the others. You wrote a nice story. There can be redemption and that’s what you wrote about. Keep up,the good work. MtM

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Not sure how anyone can still love them like they once did after their spouses did that...

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 2 years ago

Good story. Not sure if I am on board with everything, but it was real, not fiction. The Bear approves. 5 stars. Keep it up

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A good example of a story that didn't just skim over the impact affairs have on EVERYBODY within the circle of loved ones. Whether forgiveness would be possible on equal terms for each person, whether "love" between husband and wife and a "friendship" of such longstanding duration would really endure to the same degree...is irrelevant to the "wish" for them to do so. At least--as this story is written--the sincerity of all parties that such would be the case is well-established. Would have done the same if faced with a similar situation? Hopefully I'll never have to answer that in reality.

So...for the quality of the writing, for the establishing of logical plot development, and for the creation of characters who seem like real people--Kudos and five stars. More please.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Dustin is a stupid controlling ass. I would not take him back under those circumstances.

I, and my wife, told my daughter years ago, that if ANY man showed any of those characteristics, to run like hell.

fritz51fritz51over 1 year agoAuthor

@ "lc69hunterabout 8 hours ago

Dustin is a stupid controlling ass. I would not take him back under those circumstances.

I, and my wife, told my daughter years ago, that if ANY man showed any of those characteristics, to run like hell."

I hope you also told your daughter that if she decided to fuck strippers at her bachlorette party the groom should run for the hills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dustin did the right thing with Lisa!! The bitch deserved it for the stubbornness over the strippers!! FULL MARKS TO DUSTIN FOR HAVING THE BALLS TO ACT DECISIVELY

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No comment.

XYZ

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

And they all sat around the camp fire singing Kum-ba-yah watching the little unicorns happily blowing rainbows out of their asses, sad to say but Fritz struggles with the concept of divorce, his misguided assumption is that love conquers all which I suppose is appropriate for a fantasy site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting main plot with Sheena and Kevin. The B plot with Lisa and Justin less so as it was fairly predictable. I don't see how the two couples stay friends. Reconciliation in marriage sure but friends? That seems a bridge too far give the cheating, revenge fuckihg and even more recent revenge fuck. The emotions would be high. Sam is the true scumbag. While Sheena broke down and accepted it, at least she felt guilty about it and was going to end it. Almost dif after #2. Would have without daughter intervention soon after. That doesn't seem to be true of Sam. He took advantage of a lonely and depressed woman. Debbie discovered them the second time. Lisa showed up a the third. Interesting to consider. Sam and Sheena both have recent pain to handle. That being said, I cannot see this playing this way. I can see Lisa being talked into nit saying anything, but Debbie would in most marriages, would confronted the photo and divorce or reconciliation would have happened 10 years ago. Living with the lies and the damaged marriages on both sides doesn't make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was a gripping story until the revelation that Kevin and Debby had known about their spouses' affair almost from the get go, which instantly negated everything that had preceded it. Why was Kevin so shocked to hear Lisa's reference to an event he already knew about? The sub plot with Lisa and Dustin also left a lot to be desired. Lisa's stated intention to harm herself cannot be a basis for Dustin to take her back. It's called 'emotional blackmail'.

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

We all make mistakes the trick is not making them twice

RodzzzRodzzzover 1 year ago

I was hoping for an ending where Kevin ended up with Debby and the slut with Sam....but we don't always get what we want....do we? Four stars, Five, had I got my way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Story was OK. Not offended by reconciliations. Misuse of comas and other punctuation off-putting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

While it is often said revenge affairs are bad, don’t work etc. as a matter of fact they do balance things and IF…….a very big IF………the parties can then take a lesson from it and both willingly de-escalate they can be helpful mending feelings of injustice. But they need careful calibration to leave both parties ….or in this case pairs……in a fair reconciliation. There are practicalities in humans that call for fairness in mending fences. It prevents throwing a long ago transgression in the face of the betrayer and starting feelings being hurt all over again. R. H.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfritz51@fritz51
Future stories by me will likely not allow ANON comments. To those who would like to leave a reasonable comment and won't be able to, I apologize.

SIMILAR Stories