Time is on My Side, Yes It is

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Deb's right, I think that I felt down deep that if we confronted you then, we would have broken up. However, that does not excuse our behavior," Kevin added.

I think Sheena will back me up, I want to drop this, here, tonight. I want my wife, and I want my friends back. Can we all agree that we've made some awful mistakes, and it would be wise to bury them here, tonight, and never speak of this matter again? Can we all forgive each other? Life is short and I don't want to waste any more of it," proclaimed Kevin.

The entire group was nodding approval of Kevin's words when Sam asked, "You said bury it here? Do you mean figuratively, or symbolically, figuratively right?"

"No, wait a minute. I like symbolism, I'm catholic," offered Sheena.

Debby snickered at Sheena's remark about liking symbolism because of being catholic, and added, "Yeah, me to. We could find a little box or something, each write a small note, an apology or something, place it inside and actually bury it," offered Debra.

"As I see it, we all made this mess. I think we should all build the coffin together. Each of us takes a piece of wood, form the four sides, place the notes inside and together seal the two ends." Kevin said expanding on the idea.

"I've got just what we need, I'll be right back," said Sam as he went out to his garage.

He came back with four five-inch-long slats, two inches wide and one quarter inch thick. He also had two smaller square pieces, glue and a box of brad nails and a small hammer. He handed one slat to each, "Write your name on it, we all helped build this terrible thing that could tear us apart," he said.

They did, plus they each wrote a short note. The coffin was assembled by each person attaching their piece with the glue & brads. All four notes were slid inside and then it was sealed.

The notes went inside without being read aloud, but were all nearly word for word identical. Each expressed great sorrow for the part that they had played not only hurting their spouse, but damaging the entire group.

A spot was selected half way between their two houses, near the lake at the park. The four took turns with a shovel, and put to rest the last of this terrible thing that nearly broke apart two marriages and four good friends.

As the last shovel of dirt was patted down, the four stood in a circle, hugging each other, Sam said, "I swear that I'll never divulge any bit of this horrible thing to anybody, ever."

Debby, Kevin and Sheena added their own oath for silence in the matter.

Sheena suggested, "I think that we should each forgive each other one final time."

The entire group agreed, in turn they hugged each other, sharing forgiveness.

Then Kevin said, "This shall never be spoken of again."

The End (of their story)

********************************

Epilogue:

For three weeks, Lisa had become extremely depressed. All of the wedding plans had been called off and she was regretting that she had told Dustin the truth. She respected his request and made no attempt to contact him, but she did keep tabs on him through mutual friends. He was living the life of a recluse, only going to work, drinking at his favorite pub and staying inside at his parent's house. She had done this to him, her own selfish trait to only care about the things that amused her by all indications had caused her to lose a wonderful husband.

Their mutual friends were keeping watch on her also, and told him that there was a chance that she might try to hurt herself. They said, "The pain that she knows she has caused prevents her from discussing anything with a future context. No talk of returning to work, she quit. Won't go out with any friends, let alone by herself. Just stays in her room, mostly crying. She denies it, but she was overheard talking to herself, that everyone would be better off if she was dead."

Hearing this somewhat snapped Dustin out of his funk. He was still highly pissed at her, but the thought of her killing herself shook him. Even in the middle of this turmoil, he subconsciously knew two things, one, that he wanted her back, and two, that eventually he would forgive her. Now he knew he had to act immediately, before an irreversible tragedy occurred.

He called her, she answered weakly, expecting bad news. He said, "Lisa, I want to talk to you."

"If you're calling to tell me that we're through for good, please don't, I can't bear to hear it, just hang up and I'll know. I'm so sorry."

"No, I need to talk to you, I'm coming over, right now," he hung up quickly, he didn't want an argument.

Twenty minutes later he knocked on the door and was greeted by Kevin. There was a handshake, and a nod to Sheena, who had stepped into the foyer, then he was led to the den where Lisa was waiting.

Lisa stared at the floor as he came in and stood in front of her.

Dustin spoke first, "I am still really pissed off at you. But I have a problem, I'm still in love with you. I've tried to shake loose of you for three weeks and I just can't let go."

"They told you that they heard me say something, and that's why you're here, isn't it?" she said.

"First, let me say that now it the perfect time for us to continue to have nothing but honesty between us. You started it with the confession to me three weeks ago, which shocked the shit out of me and I haven't recovered yet.

But to answer your question truthfully, yes, they did tell me that you were overheard saying 'that everyone would be better off if you were dead.' And yes, that is what caused me to call tonight. I have known in my gut that I was going to forgive you eventually, but until now, I just didn't want to be reminded of what you were going to do, and I wasn't ready to forgive yet.

However, if you harmed yourself, I would never be able to forgive myself for allowing that to happen. I had to stop us continuing down this destructive path. I need you in my life, but you hurt me very deeply. I'm still in love with you, that's the truth."

"You still love me? Oh my god, do you? Please tell me again," and she jumped up out of the chair and rushed to embrace him.

Surprising her, he reached out and caught hold of her arms, preventing the hug that she so desperately needed saying, "We aren't fixed yet. I'm going to need some more time, and I'm going to require some concessions from you."

"Tell me what I need to do, I'll do anything to get you back."

"You've damaged my trust in you and caused me to question whether you truly love me or not. I know you're saying that you love me, but considering what you were going to do, to fuck a couple of random guys, days before our wedding, throws a great deal of doubt on that claim of your love for me being genuine.

So, if, we resume an exclusive dating relationship, I will require you to agree to surrender your phone or allow me access to your lap top at any time. Further, if another wedding is agreed upon, a prenuptial document be signed stripping you of everything except what you brought into the marriage if you cheat on me. Can you agree to that?" he asked.

"Yes, I don't have to think about it. Yes, I agree that I need to prove the depth of my love for you. I caused this, and I will spend the rest of our lives making you certain that taking me back was a good decision," she said without fully grasping all that he had said.

All she really heard was that he would take her back, and she did agree that there was penance required from her.

"Alright then, I'll call when I am ready. We'll go out. We're going to move slowly. But you must wait until I'm ready. Agreed?"

"Yes, I understand. When you are ready, we'll go at whatever pace you want," she said, wanting more, but happy with what he offered.

When Dustin left, Sheena could see the concern in her daughter's eyes. She asked, "Honey, is everything alright now?"

"No Mom, there's still some scary days ahead. I'm lucky that he didn't break it off with me completely. He said that while we are not done, he's not ready to forgive yet, and I am scared to death that he'll change his mind. I'll have to wait it out, it will be the hardest thing that I've ever had to do, but he told me that he still loves me, and I'll cling to that.

********************************************

Lisa was thrilled that her parents had worked out their trouble and would remain together. They had informed Lisa that the issue was over, but she was never advised of the entire mess made by the foursome.

A week after Dustin came to make sure Lisa didn't do anything rash, he made a decision regarding his former fiancée. Although he hadn't fully gotten over her intended error, he allowed that she was truly remorseful for her selfish intentions and took her out on a date. They resumed their relationship, but it was another year before Dustin was ready to tie the knot.

This time all went off without disruption, there was a bachelorette party, no strippers.

fine

Author's note:

For those that are about to light me up for a sappy ending and not burning the wife or daughter to the ground, I warned y'all at the beginning... Ha!