All Comments on 'Time to Think Ch. 03'

by WantABWriter

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments
chytownchytownover 12 years ago
What Happen?????????

This is not the story from chapter 1&2 you explained nothing you cleared up nothing. Did you read the story??????. When you write you next story please TAKE TIME TO THINK!!!!!!!!!!

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Major Editing problems

For example "Sandra I'm sorry that you were at Megon's wedding". Sandra did not attend the wedding. The story is full of similar mistakes.

In addition, the story twisted itself into a pretzel trying to get them back together. Whitney's diatribe is just disgusting and annoying. Then you take a guy you have spent several chapters developing and do a character assassination on him by revealing all the terrible things he has done all just to make a point. The theme is, we are all horrible people and therefore should forgive everyone. Sorry that's BS. It's all nice that Sandra regrets her behavior but he was well justified in leaving her. Whitney is an ass for attacking a man who is being treated for cancer. She could have come in respectfully and pleaded Sandra's case. Instead she attacks a sick person with crap arguments and rationalizations. Preachy lectures without a basis make for poor story telling.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
you put Thomas in between a rock and a hard place

She cheated and is a slut, he booted that bitch out like the lying cheating slut she was. But the author hjust had to find a way to keep them together, so what better wat then give him cancer. You couldn't give to her because Thomas would have let that bitch die. 3*s

looking4itlooking4itover 12 years ago
Whitney's rant

Whitney's rant was so over the top I finally just skipped over most of it. I don't care what kind of asshole is in the hospital, there isn't a nurse in the cancer care ward that would allow her to do half of that. Your grammatical mistakes are something you obviously don't care about (which I still don't understand if you are soooooooo interested in writing) but this story is quickly becoming unreadable from a plot standpoint.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Whitney is a bitch, she had no right to say any of what she said, Sandra was the one that cheated, not him. The only character in this whole damn story that has any redeeming qualities is Megon.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
Crap!

Part 3 of this story went down the drain. I didn't like it at all. I think the scores will reflect similar feelings.

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Author should be WantToBeAWriter instead - horrible ending and illogical characterization

1.Sandra cheats

2.Thomas leaves

3.Sandra has sex with Whitney

4.Thomas has sex with other women

Whitney accuses Thomas!!!

Thomas feels sorry and accuses self!!

Shitty illogical ending to a crappy third installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Shallow

Your characters and the plot are very shallow, like the guys want the 'bitch to burn'. Why don't you just write for them?

I wonder how many of these guys have responded this way, i.e., 'burn the bad people', when they were in such similar situations outside the house.

I'm sure they'd have taken shit and come home to torture the family.

It's easy to be 'self-righteous' than to grow a backbone to do even bad things.

It's really tiring to hear all the whining,"she started it!"

cohibaIVcohibaIVover 12 years ago
Keep it up

I'm enjoying your work. Nice dialogue. A little more editing would help, but that's easy enough to clean up. Interested in the characters. Sandra cheated, suffered and grew. At the moment of her greatest triumph, she throws it away to be with her self-righteous prick of an ex. It's an interesting twist when the cheater turns out to be the better person.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
LOOK WHAT I'VE FOUND

something that shouldnt have been lost. TK U MLJ LV NV

hansbwlhansbwlover 12 years ago
Still a jerk.

In my opinion he is still a jerk. He most reluctently decide to forgive her. He is the person here that need forgiveness. Sandra is infact the good person in this story. ****

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
This story uses the formula

of a cheating wife being forgiven after many years of suffering and pain. That usually gets the Nazis to accept the reconcilliation. In this one, the pain and suffering is painful for the reader. What's with the weekend of torture? If you read the story over before posting, many of the more glaring mistakes will be obvious and you can correct them. Just using Word should correct many of them. You have a good imagination and tell an interesting tale. Time and more writing should allow you to polish and hone the skills needed to give your stories some flow. Do pay attention to the serious errors that abound in your first few drafts. Read it over slowly to the mirror and you will find many of your errors. Keep posting your stories. This is a learning process.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
could this be any worse? Yelling at and threatenbing to kill Cancer patients?

It is REVEALING that fucking idiots like hansbwl think THAT behavior is OK but is angry or dislikes the husband.

Thomas BECAME a cold hearted mean sonofoabitch Becuase of what the wife did. I am not going to say EVERYTHING

e did was correct or justified... IMO Not inviting the ex wife to the daughters wedding after 5 years was way too extreme.

But to place Thomas' behavior SOLELY on thomas and ignore the devestation that the wife caused to Him... is simply Man hating and husband bashing

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
Headed South Fast

Chapter 2 got boring, and chapter 3 looks like a wimp out in progress. Might want to stop now and hang on to your man card.

cloacascloacasover 12 years ago
A question

Do you watch soap operas? Melodramas? I kept thinking the scenes were out of a Days of Our Lives script. That's not necessarily a criticism. If you want to write melodrama, then you can get better at that. For example, you dropped a couple of bits in this episode: the daughter-mother scene, etc. Another paragraph or two for each and you would have hit the Telemundo level.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
On the Other Hand

You showed a complex man, like all of us, who had to make some choices. I liked this chapter.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

RAAC story, but against I am TTB I like the good RAAC stories as well.

1. I told at first chapter a divorce if the exspouses have children the divorce should be maneged a little civil. To excluded the exvife from the daughter's wedding was a big cruelty.

2. Thomas was a elder playboy after ivorce and he did not want to find any long lasting mate for himself.

3. The wife went to the hell after the divorce and the writer shows us she was a cheater but she did not became a slut after the divorce. We must beleive the Author.

4. After the cancer treatment the reconcilation with the assistance of the exwife's girlfriend was succesful. Sometimes the canossa might be succesful for forgivinnes.

BaronScrewtapeBaronScrewtapeover 12 years ago
Not bad...

But I feel sorry for Whitney. I don't think Sandra was too self absorbed with her own pain to realize what she was doing to Whitney.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Mr. Duma

What is WAAC?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great story

could have done without the lezzie bd shit other than that that great job

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
vial

"He called her vial names." Vial -- as in glass tubes?

Past sounds the same as passed, but when you use the wrong one in written stories it confuses.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 12 years ago
Interesting

Interesting take on how the unforgiveable may be forgiveable. Not sure why the critics can't handle the revelations into the husbands past, do you all need 2 chapters of foreshadowing for everything? Wanttobeawriter is apparently not a Literature major, lets try to be more civil to our authors shall we, otherwise you'll have less and less to read and enjoy or critisize. If you want every story to go the way you want it to, then write some yourself. Especially you anonymous types.

xtremeddxtremeddover 12 years ago
Certianly glad you are writing

WABW,

and sharing on Lit.

x

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

@MarvinS

I was wrong, I would have had to write WACC=Wimp Ass Castrated Cuckold. I am sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
(w)holy crapola

nothing else need be said

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

Couldn't get halfway through Whitney's rant before simply quitting. Sorry, but no thanks.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
Don't be afraid to use "because" instead "for"!

Okay, so that was knit picky. But please edit, edit and more edit!

My biggest issue with the story is that there was never an opportunity to gain any sympathy for either the wife or the husband.

Only in the last chapter as kind of an after thought we are told that he was a real asshole, screwing with people's lives, cheating them out of money and in one case stood by and watched a little boy die because he wanted to make an extra dollar cheating an employee out of health insurance. After one of the previous chapters I asked if we would see Thomas get demonized in order to make a RAAC work. Sure enough!

On the other hand, there is Sandra. Poor old Sandra. Was she really going to ever confess? I'm not convinced. She never came off as the strongest or the brightest person to ever screw up her life. She decided it was easier to sleep with her boss than go to her husband and fix her marriage.

The last thing is that some one said they liked the dialogue. To me there is too little dialogue!!!! There is almost none between Sandra and Thomas throughout the series. Too build the conflict, the spouses have to have confrontation scenes. To get a lesson on writing them, the best thing to do is to read all of the stories on this website written by theCelt.

On the otherhand, thanks for sharing the story and I hope that you keep writing and working your writing skills.

MissouriUSA

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 12 years ago
Echo of other comments

The author appears to have needed the bad acts in Thomas' past in order to draw moral equivalence between his conduct and Sandra's breach of her wedding vows. I agree that Whitney's diatribe was over the top. A significant portion of parts 2 and 3 revolved around the rug-munching relationship between the two women; maybe one or both chapters belong in the Lesbian category. Finally, editing, as others have already stated. Thanks for writing.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
I enjoyed reading your story WantABWriter...

Certainly at times it was very weird and I loved the fact that the twists and turns were so over the top. The Green door...who'd a thunk it. I was thrilled at the redemption of the wife after all her suffering. Thank you for taking me on a strange ride.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Bad story

Aside from the poor grammer and sentencing massacres, what really angered me is the depiction of the cancer ward:

"When he rang for a glass of ice water it was 30 minutes in coming"

Oh, in Denver they have a call button marked 'to order ice water', and probably right next to it, one marked 'need help immediately'.

Most hospitals only have 1 call button, and in critial departments, like cancer we are trained to respond immediately.

Maybe he used the intercom?

Possible, but in all of the hospitals I've seen, intercoms are only in the private room and only in the general wards. Again, specialty care is exactly that: Hands-on, supportive care, and anything the patient needs could be a symptom of something else. Ignoring it and it gets worse... we'd be risking out careers, though in this story, we risk years of schooling and thousands of dollars for someone we met six days ago, and only know her name.

"But by staying beside her man, doesn't she show her fidelity?" Someone might point out.

Sure, but so would a gold digger. How much love is involved in that relationship? And one of the highest desnsities of gold diggers, aside from the geriatric wards? Yup, cancer. So we meet lots of gold diggers.

Now, if some crazy woman walked off the street and started berating my patient, I'd have security escort them off the property faster that you can blink. My patient's wellbeing is first and formost, not that of some stupid NON-patient, ex-wife, that I've only known for six days.

What I also find in issue is this concept of forgiveness as a right or privilige. What arrogance to believe that!

Finally:

I wake up groggy and some woman is screaming at me to take my ex-wife back. That Witney 'vows' to never cheat, again, and will stick with me 'in sickness and in health', again. (Again as in... you guess) That 'she suffered and paid an overwealing penance the likes of which I'd never even believe...' [remember only the readers know the truth] blah blah blah.

A total stranger I've never ever met tells me this. Threatens my manhood, and I say OK. I forgive her.

Thomas, this smart and scheaming, and it turns out extremely manipulative, business man takes this all at face value?

Can anyone see a problem in this?

Ultimately, WantAB, at the least suffers from not bothering to think the story through. At the worst, is some fort of RAAC zealot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Screwing over strangers or employees makes him an asshole but that in no way equates to her betraying her husband and family. She should get cancer..cervical or uterus and let the rotten whore rot from the inside out.

livnthechilifelivnthechilifeover 12 years ago
OMG...ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I agree with the previous 2 anons; what he did to his employees and what she did to her family are 2 different things. He is a scumbag in business; but she is a cheating wife. She betrayed the person who loved her for over 20 years.

I also couldn't believe the scenes in the hospital. There is no way that nurses would let a random person come into their hospital and berate a patient in their care. A terminal patient at that. All in defense of a woman they don't know from Eve, who shows up out of nowhere. Can you say lawsuit or end of career?

If Thomas is that ruthless in business, why would he accept Whitney saying shit to him about his personal life, when he had never even met her? Because he is fighting for his life in a hospital and just didn't have the energy to put up a better defense. Did she really think that just because she and the ex(don't even care enough to remember her name)munched on each other, that gives her the right to threaten someone she doesn't know on his possible deathbed?

His wife cheated and he isn't allowed to hurt or feel pain? He should forgive because she hurt? She hurt because of her selfishness and stupidity. He didn't do the crime, but he paid just the same. It caused him to hurt others. He has to live with that until his end. He should have told Whitney that he will kill her or have her arrested if she came near him again. Restraining order at the least.

Anyway, WABW, I am a fan of yours, but this ending felt forced, rushed and it was frankly, not a good ending. Maybe an epilogue to clean it up. If not, then on to the next. Although I didn't like this ending, I can't wait til your next story. I know it will be better than this ending. Thanx

P.S. As a woman, I wish I was Thomas' daughter, I would beat the shit outta Whitney for putting more on him while he is fighting for his life; and get the nurses fired for letting it happen on their watch. I would also encourage my father to make amends to those he wronged if not too late, provided he confided in me about his misdeeds.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Beautifully flawed characters

Being human. Well captured and written

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
The worst of it was...

that the author forgot the set-up to his own story, in which it's clear that by the time the wife is unfaithful he's been giving her the stone-cold silent treatment for six months, or half a year if the writer is math-challenged as well as suffering from attention deficit disorder.

The most likely explanation, other than that the male character is a jerk, is that he *thought* she was being unfaithful, withdrew himself from their marriage, and then became self-righteous when she finally "strayed," although it must be pointed out that *he* had "strayed" from her bed, if not into the arms of another woman, in his on-going love affair with himself.

So in fact, he was unfaithful first, his wife is a pathetic co-dependent to his emotional abuse, and no one seems to have noticed.

Feh.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 12 years ago
Let Me Simply REPOST HDK's Entire Posting

This story uses the formula <p>

of a cheating wife being forgiven after many years of suffering and pain. That usually gets the Nazis to accept the reconcilliation. In this one, the pain and suffering is painful for the reader. What's with the weekend of torture? If you read the story over before posting, many of the more glaring mistakes will be obvious and you can correct them. Just using Word should correct many of them. You have a good imagination and tell an interesting tale. Time and more writing should allow you to polish and hone the skills needed to give your stories some flow. Do pay attention to the serious errors that abound in your first few drafts. Read it over slowly to the mirror and you will find many of your errors. Keep posting your stories. This is a learning process.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
A nice story

A few mistakes, but not enough to dampen the enthusiasm of the characters or storyline.

Will there be another chapter?

I hope so, and that it continues with them getting back together, and he beats the cancer.

A good love story, that I enjoyed reading.

Thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
incoherent drivel

Was hoping I had cancer by the time this diatribe wound down, put me out of this misery of a "story."

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
2* Sorry, more just isn't there.

That somehting like this lands on the Hot List is a real shame for Literoticas audience.

That Story was a pain to read, one because of all the stupid characters and second because you neglected to bring even the first bit of soul to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sorry - Just a 2

A two because you failed to take him to task over his mental abuse of her for months before she even slipped.

You explained well how she ended up having sex and it was easily true to real life circumstance. As it progressed, again -not difficult to believe.

He should have been taken to task over his attitude and indifference to her that allowed her infidelity to take place - she was human, he was a royal asshole.

I would like to have seen her achieve great success and even be part of a consortium that bought out his Company. For him to see her in that element and socially enjoying the culture of the sophisticated elite would have been poetic She was the one that lost 22 years - Not Him!.

Sorry, just labored through three chapters in hopes that you would redeem her and put him where he belonged! For a loving husband of 22 years, his conduct in divorcing her and with the kids was cruel, inhuman and reprehensible...Scorch Him!!!

BTW, I'm a guy, not a wuss, just a man who respects women, immensely dislike self-impressed know it all jerks - he's one!

You're a good writer. Giving him Cancer as a vehicle to reconcile - seriously, this guy was a bastard - screw him!!! She could have been the better person and nice to him in his demise But Not emotional or Physical...just comfort him for the sake of the kids and because she is the better person!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thomas either wanted to be cucked

or wanted men: one or the other. Either a closet gay or a closet cuck. Had he wound up in butt-less chaps dancing to "YMCA" or peeping while his wife had other men it would have been plausible. Any other outcome defies believability.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I liked this story overall.

The first and third chapters were really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Blah tale.

Wander all over..not decisive. Just sorta went this way and that way. Just a single star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sweet Story

That was a mistake and she sure as hell paid for it. Nice story of sin, redemption, forgiveness. Old plot but it worked well.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
I still don't see why everyone is mad at Thomas

Thomas my have not been the best husband in the world, but he wasn't a cheater. And Whitney is a fucking moron with the sense of a dead frog. I don't see how you can go from she was a cheating slut to he messed over some guy in a business deal. That was bullshit, it's funny how when a woman cheats it was a mistake. But when the guy cheats he's a fucking dog or a pussy hound. Here you have a story were we find out the wife is a slut and some how everyone is mad at him. Then he takes her back, why? He was going to die sooner or later.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 12 years ago
What?

I would have told whitney to get the fuck out of my face and started screaming for a nurse!

AMart911AMart911about 12 years ago
Annoying friends

Good, but not great. The kicker was Whitney, she should have been left in Atlanta. She was unneeded. Her speech should have come from Sandra, and it probably would have had greater effect. Still good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
this story doesnot work for me.

it was all over the place.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
AT THE END THINGS ALWAYS CHANGE

reversal of feelings and lack of hope. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

no way i would take her back cheating bitch.

she spread her legs, and did it again when div she didnt hold her love for him she was a whore.

now she wants back with him its just like a selfish bitch to do that instead of letting him move on

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Sad but the way it is

It is a sad tale, but it is the way it is. A couple married for years especially with kids, can never really separate. They are stuck together, whether they like it or not. We only have so much time and we only get to do it once. Try not to screw it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
My first words to ex-wife...

as she stood at the hospital room door would have been;

"Hello Sandra, come to gloat?"

He owes her ZERO courtesy, ZERO compassion and ZERO forgiveness!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 WOULD A DE-NUTTING

explain the reversal of opinion, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Take her back

And use her as the slut she is. Pick a hole, get yourself off but wear a rubber she is a slut.

NicoleAlldredgeNicoleAlldredgeover 11 years ago
Seemed a bit confusing

Over the three chapters that make up this story you tend to wander without explaining. For instance what was the deal with the Greendoor 48 hour BDSM marathon.Did Sandra somewhere in her mind feel that the BDSM could serve as punishment for her past infidelity. Was she just twisted and need a jolt to get her to wake up to reality, you failed to provide enough info on the event.

However, most confusing among the chapters in this story is your decision to make the husband out to be the guilty party. The scene with Whitney bitching out Thomas was just ridiculous and basically came out of nowhere. It seems like you later tried to justify the scene by having Thomas think over all the cruel or bad things he did to other people once he moved to Denver.However, that was still no justification for Whitney's rant as she knew nothing about those acts.

You could have made the husband contrite for his lack of attention to his wife possibly helping her to venture into the world of infidelity. However, I found your insistence on making the husband out to be the bad guy at the end was just a complete let down and in no way was really supported by the rest of the story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Fair

Look at this logically. Thomas knew that the end was possibly near and he was alone so was the whore showed up all sorrowful and guilty he figured its better to take up with her than to die alone.

That is the only reason he took her back. Dying tends to change your point of view.

She was a slut and absolutely nuts (i.e. the green door) and she figured going back could clear her conscience.

Why do people cheat?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
God damn,why do this site allow an inept and asinine writers in??

This writ is just a mass of serious grammatical and spelling errors. Have this writer ANY education at all??? I doubt it. "1*" !!

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Dear Anon

For the same reason that you are allowed to post. Talk about education? You might even convince me to read and evaluate the story!

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 11 years ago
@ anonymous 11/16/12

I believe your rather rude posting has a couple of problems. Your opening curse should read "Why DOES this site..." not "Why DO this site...". The first sentence of your rant is about "this writ." A writ is an official pronouncement from an administrative body, usually a court. This is clearly NOT a "writ." Your next sentence asks, "HAVE this writer any education at all"? You might want to try , "HAS this writer..." or even "DOES this writer HAVE..." instead. If serious grammatical and spelling errors kept writers off this site, YOU would never have been allowed to show the world how ignorant your are. Perhaps, before you post another rant about spelling and grammar, you might have a Junior High School English student proof-read it for you first so you can correct YOUR spelling and grammar.. My apologies to WantABWriter.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Formula

Yes it was formula but what isn't? Hell there are only 7 basic plots anyway. You get an A for effort but the rant was dumb and equating business with breaking vows is not even close, especially with the lesbian lover and self flagulation (sp?) stuff. The only thing I can work out with the lezbo stuff is that she has not had a cock in her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Editing

You need some help with the editing. Story was ok until you went berserk sending Sandra to the BDSM scene. That lost me. Got lost when he refused to accept any blame for his divorce. Didn't see he ignored her? Too many things in this story seemed not to flow together. Try again.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

I give this chapter five stars. We finally see into the hearts of both characters, especially the husband. And that is what this story needed. We need to understand what he knew and felt. I would also like to understand his behavior prior to her cheating. Why was he so distant? Does he have good reason for blaming her? Ultimately, none of these questions are answered and I feel like the story has ended prematurely. However, given your approach to this story this seems as good a place as any to end it. Might as well end here . . .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
If she were my sister...

Yes, she f**ked up and deserved a divorce but Thomas is no prize to fight for. He's cowardly, vindictive and a self-confessed prick. Sandra should just let the a-hole die alone like the rest of the world is quite content to do and get on with finding a man worth the effort.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
they deserved each other

Hope he has a lot of pain on the way out.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
As it ended up

I saw no one I really cared for. Every character was flawed beyond regard and if it were me and Whitney came to me the way she did Thomas I would have told her to collect Sandra and fuck off. What a pretentious bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice

Hi You got quite some talent as a writer!

Thanks for a nice human story.

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
Two flawed individuals

Two flawed individuals. Isn't that what marriage really is though? No one who enters marriage is the "perfect" spouse. No one has the "perfect marriage". While it may only take one person to ruin a marriage, both parties involved have done something that they needed to be forgiven for. Cheating is the ultimate crime in a marriage, but being a neglectful husband or wife is just as damaging. Anything in life that doesn't get maintained is going to fail sooner or later. Cars, houses, relationships, health, machinery, and yes, even marriage. I know that most guys want to throw her to the wolves for cheating. She was wrong and drove the final nail in the coffin of their marriage. But the deterioration of their life together started long before she spread her legs for another guy.

On another note, and I am just speculating here, but any husband who does not want have sex with his wife only does so for two reasons. He is cheating or he has erectile dysfunction. He stopped having sex with her long before she cheated. Why? I am a man, and I can't imagine turning a blind eye to my wife if she is just begging to go to pound town. Thomas' wife bought lingerie and everything, and he just wanted to go golfing. How can he sit back and wonder why she cheated?

I read a story where a woman stopped having sex with her husband, so he gave her a choice. He could either cheat behind her back, or cheat with her knowledge. Almost unanimously, the readers were in agreement with that story. He was a "real man". In this story, everyone wants to crucify the wife who cheated on her husband who obviously wasn't interested in sex. What is the difference?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Okay

I've read this before and I re-read my comment. Now I think a little differently. No one is perfect. Everyone had made mistakes in life in all varying degrees. It's like comparing apples and oranges. She cheated like the whore she is. Also she is nuts. Not being perfect himself (although he never cheated), it made sense to take her back because he needs someone to care for him, might as well be his ex-wife, He might possibly die from his cancer and who better than someone he once loved to care for him. The better you know, right? Makes sense to me.

Then again, what do I know? I cared for a dying wife then found out she was a cheating whore cunt. She never said anything. That's ok, she's burning. Fuck her.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Hmm - I guess I missed part of this story -

He was flawed - a given everyone is -

She was flawed see above - she lied - cheated and ran away ending up in a lesbian love affair. It took her subjecting herslfl to extreme abuse to expiate her guilt and allow her to move forward from the bad she did. That does nothing to eliminate just get her past it.

Whitney is biased and jealous and angry - fuck her BUT understand her.

The reconciliation was not a bad thing - just a thing they did. He finally saw how he was more than a little imperfect which allowed him to accept her imperfections - his choice - in the mean time she had desalt with her demons and wanted what was truly important in her life - back - she got it - hope they do it better this time around.

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
Yeah both were flawed....

but Sandra was a true betrayer. The end destroys the story for me. Could/Should there be forgiveness? Thomas was no saint far from it but he did not betray Sandra. Face it together? I sincerely doubt it. I don't wish her ill but her betrayal of Thomas and subsequently of herself makes her a poor candidate for facing anything together. I guess if it doesn't work out there is always the Green Door or the streets

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WTLF?

This is a bullshit story. Seriously? Thomas was less than a two-dimensional character. I wasted my time seeing if the writer could improve. Instead, WantAB, got even worse.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
a pair of Jokers

Geewhillikers! This pair of masochists back together again?

He's a coward and she's stupid. First time they run into any difficulty, he will run away and she will dive into a bottle.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
AFTER CRAWLING THROUGH THE MUD AND MUCK

they will still be alone together. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
@javmor79

Kewl story bro, but you missed the point of your own comment.

To quote your comment:

"I read a story where a woman stopped having sex with her husband, so he gave her a choice. He could either cheat behind her back, or cheat with her knowledge."

This is the critical point: "he gave her a choice"

Sandra cheated behind his back without giving Thomas a choice.

But I do agree with another part of your comment.

"In spite of having a wife that was 5' 4" tall, weighing 122 pounds with 36 D breasts, a 25" waist and curvy 35" hips Thomas just didn't seem interested."

That sure looks like he has erectile dysfunction or testosterone so low that it is life threatening. (Long term low testosterone levels do result in death)

A normally functioning man would be all over a woman like that.

Jack99Jack99over 9 years ago

FYI - Firing the guy with the cancerous kid would not have stopped the company from paying out. This would have saved the company nothing. American companies are required by law to extend insurance to terminated employees (of course the employee has to pay for it, but with millions in medical bills looming, only the brain dead would not do it).

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Jack99

is right on re health care coverage after termination; and for additional reasons for dependents. Strangely referred to as "COBRA" coverage. Getting the long-service employee to terminate (Really retire?) a bit early might have saved the company about $1.98 a month. AND the head of HR had paid for and accounting audit and consultant??? And he was able to converse knowledgably re cost accounting. I wish authors who write stories about American business knew something about which they were writing. Else, write about something else.

The author did not convince me RAAC was appropriate for these two.

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Inaccurate details shouldn't obscure the point of the arguement

Thomas was a heartless business exec who was willing to screw over longtime company employees so he could get his hands on a chunk of their stock holdings. His karmic penance for his sins in business was to end up reconciling with his cheating ex.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
We All Die Alone

At this point in his life he should have come to terms with death. We all die, and we all die alone. His ex wife had made her decision to leave the marriage when she cheated. That is what cheating is: leaving the marriage but pretending to stay in the marriage. It is a deception. Cheaters deceive in order to have the best of both worlds. They want the status of being a loyal spouse and parent and they want the selfish pleasure of getting over on their spouse and having a secret romance. To be able to deceive your family you have to have little love or respect for them. In fact, you probably have quite a bit of anger and resentment towards them. That is often the justification for cheating. So, when the facts are examined, the only conclusion is that she didn't love her husband and did not really care all that much about the kids. Fine, then get a divorce and go your separate ways. No need to seek forgiveness, no need to atone, you didn't like him when you cheated why do you give a shit about him now?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well written 5 stars

To the last comment, dead on, no pun intended. Them moment Sandra decided to cheat ended her marriage of her own free will. The excuse that Thomas would not touch her or engage or initiate any sexual drive was only an excuse. Talk of no communications or lets be honest HEARTLESS! Thomas may have been suffering from the development of cancer long ago, if Sandra had approached Thomas, not just of sex, but of any physical issues. Some say that is reaching, but whom would know their spouses better? There was clearly something physically wrong inside Thomas and Sandra did not see it and choose not to see it. I agree that cheating is cheating, the purpose to cheat was to satisfy personal needs not fulfilled in the marriage. Yet, the cheater goes to great lengths, such as hidden cell phones, new email addresses with fake names, secret rendezvous, in fact everything is in secret, why? The public shame, family shame and the shame that a person made a promise, commitment and vow before friends, family and GOD was all broken. Its funny if you look at it, our government officials, either judges, politicians and police, not to mention military figures, the moment anyone of those individuals commit adultery, its made public and they leave to private sector in DISGRACE. While on the other hand, nobody really cares if people like Sandra and Thomas face the same thing nobody cares. Although this is a story, for me it begs the question, SO MUCH FOR THE DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE.

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
Good one.

You get a five from me. Thank you.

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago
hello

so sweet so lovely so complete super super super

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
The whole

story was rather trite. The role of the HR director was beyond strange. Didn't Whitney have a job in Atlanta?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Belatedly I just read Sugna's comment.

I read other Sugna comments, and they're all the same. You must be miserable. In the first place, these are just stories. But the important thing is you never forgive the cheating spouse, under any circumstances. And the comment on this story, "we all die alone". I guess in a sense we do, but as we go, the love of those that love us goes with us in some way. I hope that you find love, and by that, I don't mean sex. I also hope in real life that you find forgiveness both for yourself, and for those that you feel have wronged you. Good story, but could have used editing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
TO UNDERSTAND THE HUMAN BRAIN!

@ Anon Why is it problem that wronged people blow the steam to hate imagine characters? The brains of the 80% of the people work with such method to read stories or to watch movies that the brain takes the readers or the watchers into the stories or the movies and the readers or watcher live together the positive characters and hate the negaive characters. SUGNA'S BRAIN WORKS AS THE 80% OF PEOPLE's BRAIN!

My brain works such method as the 80% of the people, so I am with the betrayed husbands in BTB and Consequence stories!

But it may be at you! if your brain likes the cheaters, cuckolding pervers, sluts in stories that means you are cheater, slut, cuckolding pervert, bull or cheater's lover with 80% probability!

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 8 years ago
Good Read

A good read and though not much in the form sex scenes. There was a lot of thought provoking emotions. As for the wife's actions she did cheat, what did she expect to happen !

Tge husband's character, well is was emotionally damaged and scared by a woman. So he saw most women as just objects, and what would a yoing woman want with a forty odd old man, if it was not for money !

I was hoping that Witney would move in with Husband and ex wife Sandra and he could live his days out having 2 women to please him. The women could have each other snd he could be introduced to becoming a master. In a bizarre way he could sexually punish her !

Just a thought !

Is there a sequel, should be as there is plenty in the plot for a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Part 3 leaves me confused

Why should a wife who has been unfaithful for 6 months be entitled (have a right) to talk to her husband about reconciliation and what happened if he does not want to? He is the aggrieved party not his ex-wife. The one and only (though very significant) thing that he has done wrong is to keep his daughter from her mother. But, it's not without provocation.

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Dear Anon

"Belatedly I just read Sugna's comment.

I read other Sugna comments, and they're all the same. You must be miserable. In the first place, these are just stories. But the important thing is you never forgive the cheating spouse, under any circumstances. And the comment on this story, "we all die alone". I guess in a sense we do, but as we go, the love of those that love us goes with us in some way. I hope that you find love, and by that, I don't mean sex. I also hope in real life that you find forgiveness both for yourself, and for those that you feel have wronged you. Good story, but could have used editing."

Thankfully I am not miserable! Indeed I enjoy life, facing each day and each person I meet with truth and honesty. The fact that we all die alone is meant that life is too short to waste on lies and deception. Lies and deception only bring confusion and suffering. As far as love is concerned, thankfully I have several people in my life that I love including a wife, children, extended family and friends. This may also surprise you: I do believe in forgiveness and I do not hold grudges - they are a waste of time and energy, but back to the first part I do not believe in self deception. So, while I may forgive a person for injuring me, it does not mean that I want to continue a relationship with that person. Forgiveness does not change the circumstances or the character of the person who caused the injury. I find that I tend to forgive quickly, so that I can move on from the situation. Moving on is not acceptance of the conduct of the person who caused the injury. It is not even tolerance of that person. It is only an acknowledgement that a wrong has been committed and that I will not seek revenge or some kind of repayment for that debt. A good example of this is financial debt. If a person defaults on a loan, they can declare bankruptcy and their debt can be forgiven. That does not mean that they can expect to continue a relationship with the debtor. That does not mean the debtor or other financial institutions who know of this bankruptcy will enter into another agreement with this debtor. This is not revenge, it is simply risk management and common sense. What you seem to fail to understand is that ALL relationships are conditional with the possible exception of a parent/child relationship. The wedding vows are in fact the conditions. They are not meaningless, romantic words, they are in fact a verbal contract with conditions. These conditions are not artificial, they are inherent to being human. Across the world, through the miracle of the internet and global news you can search the phrase "love triangle" and read a never ending list of the results of cheating, the pain, the suffering, the lies. The story repeats itself over and over again. So, while I believe in forgiveness, I also believe in truth. The truth is that when you are married you vow to love your spouse and to forsake all others. The truth is that cheating on your spouse never "just happens". It is a long drawn out series of events that can be stopped at any time. It is cold blooded and premeditated. The thousands of acts of betrayal make it very clear how the cheater feels about their spouse and their vows and their willingness to dishonor themselves. The cheated must face this unpleasant reality. Like death, finding out that your spouse does not love you and has betrayed you is terrible and frightening. Like death, you will face this alone. Like death you must come to an understanding that this is just the way it is. Unlike death, it is an unnecessary pain to have to face. It is a pain that is best gotten over with quickly through understanding and forgiveness. It is a pain that is also wise not to repeat again. That means not continuing a relationship with a cheater. At best they will not commit the act again, but instead their presence will serve as a reminder of their lack of love, and lack of respect not only for the spouse but also for the whole family. Then there is also their dishonor. A cheater dishonors themselves when they cheat. They betray the most important person in their lives. This not only makes them disloyal, it also makes them a fool. Who wants to be married to a disloyal fool? Who can respect them? Who can trust them? Indeed, many professions that require trust in their employees will not hire or maintain an adulterer in their employment because if their own spouse can't trust them - who can? So, in response to you post I am a happy person, I have never cheated on anyone, I do not believe that I have been cheated on, I love and I am loved, I forgive but I do not forget and I do not continue bad investments or bad relationships. Of course I know these are "just" stories, but you should know that comments are "just comments" and perhaps instead of wondering what these comments might reveal about another writer, consider what your comments reveal about you.

cohibaIVcohibaIValmost 8 years ago
After five years, no change in opinion

Happened to re-read this today, and I still find Thomas to be an absolute pill. The mystery is not why she screwed around on him; it's why she didn't do it sooner, and why she went back to some guy who seemed to offer absolutely nothing. He was a twat, a distant prig who sabotaged his own marriage with his game playing and attitude, and then proceeded to whore it up with girls his daughter's age. Usually, I drift between BTB and RAAC, but in this story, I found myself sympathising with the cheater. Good dialogue, shitty character (Thomas).

0zed0zedover 7 years ago
Wimp!

Stupid! Not just stupid, but lame and stupid! Miserable story about a miserable wimp.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Ugh...

Don't mind the reconciliation but Whitney and the nurses needed their asses busted for being super bitches to Thomas while helpless with cancer!

Ruined much of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
She cheated...

And he must burn her, cancer or not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
well now

Having read four of your stories I must inform you WANTING to be something and BEING something are two different things.

But keep on wanting

timrivtimrivalmost 7 years ago
Not bad...

Despite the typing errors }and some parts that could have been edited out the premise was good but it need another page wind up the story. It was left hanging. Disregard the neg. feedback as it is crap.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
what??

a load of bs. she cheated and he's the bad guy for cutting her off. im curious about the authors logic thesre

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago
He's a real asshat!

He is far worse an individual than his wife ever was. Sure she cheated but was repentant and tried to make amends. He on the other hand was a bastard to her, his fellow employees and as a person in general. She turned her life around and became a huge success he on the other hand spiraled downhill not able to have a meaningful relationship and even in business was a loser in the end although true to form screwed his boss. She still loved him god only know why she sure as hell shouldn't have. She should have told him that she hoped his death would be long and painful. 😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This story isn't even toilet paper

I wouldn't wipe my ass with it. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
timriv

You sure are one fucked up stupid asshole. Cheating on your marriage isn't as bad divorcing your mate for cheating, huh. I don't know if your a man or a woman, but by your standers, fucking outside your marriage is no big deal. What ever happened to morals and ethics in todays society, when we have fuck heads like timriv posting comments.

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21about 6 years ago
Time to really think!

What planet are you from writer? When the man noticed he wasn’t getting any benefits from his wife going all out to get in shape. Hired a P.I. to find why she’s doing her actions and learning she’s cheating. Then hired a lawyer to divorce his wife, well that’s how it’s done, At least he didn’t kill her. There was enough cheating on her part to cook her ass. You don’t get to say I’m sorry before the divorce. The Whitney character you had the gumption to make holier than thou. Whitney was also one of the people she cheated with. Thomas followed the rules he may have played golf to relax and worked too hard there was no cheating on his part according to you the writer until. At the last minute you had Whitney say Thomas was a cheater? Either you got confused or forgot your own story. Too bad he got sick but, with his funds a hospice service WOULD help him he didn’t need a cheater to care for him. Oh by the way if he was to tired to kick Whitney’s ass. Taking care of her should not have been a problem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
timriv is the real asshole!

I'm very partial to cheating. And I either root for reconciliation or just moving on. Moving on means getting divorced and living life after a painful divorce. So your take on cheating shows your morale or lack thereof. Thomas lived his life the way he wanted it. Sandra lived her life the way she deemed it acceptable. So Thomas kept company with very young ladies. How is it different from Sandra joining a BDSM club and living with a lesbian partner? And to think Thomas did those things AFTER his divorce with Sandra. Sandra, who had been cheating on him for 6 mos. So he cut her off because how should you react to your spouse cheating on you for SIX MONTHS? By kneeling and begging her to stop especially when she only think of stopping the affair after her lover became rough and sexually demanding? Well, if that would be your take, then that shows what kind of person you are. And I'm not at all against them reconciling. It's just your stupid comment that gets me riles in.

Zarek11Zarek11about 6 years ago
No character to like

The wife is a cheating slut, but considering she was married to an obnoxious asshole like this Thomas character, who was more interesting in Golf when they still were married, neglecting her. I can understand her cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Delusional nonsense

Page 2 was a plot derailment right into the twilight zone.

EG: The lesbian's mad rant at his bedside no less. Then this.

"Where do you think you get the authority to judge me? It was Sandra that started all this when she fucked another man or men for all I know!" Thomas shouted.

"Oh you are a sterling example of sexual morality. How many women you bedded?"

What an unmarried man is NOT free to date at will? And since HE never broke HIS vows I would say his moral compas was pretty safe.

Then what followed was a major plot retcon to make him the kind of scumbag that would drag him down to her level to make the forced reconciliation work. This was just poor. After the two fairly good previous chapters I had to force myself to wade through this drivel to reach the looming RAAC.

Sorely lacking internal consistency.

Not good at all.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous