Timid Neighbor

Story Info
Older woman teaches young man a new trick.
8.2k words
4.11
51.1k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shutterpsb
shutterpsb
197 Followers

This story is a revision of a story I posted to Literotica several years ago. This story is a work of fiction and contains no references to any real persons or events.

***

Tapping on the patio door caught my attention. I shouted for Rick to come in. I looked up at his footfalls and smiled at the teenager. The boy had a parcel in his arms.

"It came, John. Can you believe it? It came so fast I can't believe it."

I handed him a pocketknife. "Awesome. Let's open it up and see if it's worth the list price. I've been worried about that."

Rick cut, or rather, ripped the package open and laid the pieces out. A nose cone, body, a couple fins, and a parachute. He dropped the box on the floor.

"Looks good Rick, give me the invoice and you check the fit." I reached for the crumpled paper. I gave the invoice a once over. "Holy buckets! That's more than we talked about. Does your mom know you spent this much on this?"

Rick shrugged. "I'll get around to telling her later on. Look at this thing, John. I'll bet if we get the right motor it'll even carry a real payload."

"For that much money it should come with a solid gold payload and a motor."

"They can't send motors through the mail."

"Rick, we've talked about this before. You can't keep spending this kind of money on rockets. You and your mom are just getting by."

The boy beamed. "It's okay. The tax return came. Mom said we should splurge on something, so I got this."

"I'll bet she had something else in mind, kiddo. Something like a car maybe."

Rick placed both hands on the table and shook his head. "She wouldn't get me a car. She never lets me drive the one we have."

"Where's your mom at anyway?"

"Work. Look at this baby, John. I'll bet we'll have to get clearance from the airport to launch this puppy."

I groaned. "It'll probably come down in the lake and you'll never see it again. What time does she get home?"

"About six. Why?" Rick simulated a launch with the partially assembled rocket, including sound effects. "Whoosh!"

"Rick, put the rocket down. Don't you have chores to do?"

"Yeah, but I wanted to show this to you. Can we launch it on Saturday?"

"We'll see. Maybe your mom will make you send it back. That's an awful lot of money for something you might lose the first time you use it."

Rick's joy slipped from his face, replaced by gloom. "Some days you sound just like Dad."

"Your dad was a good man and you're right, he'd say the same thing."

The boy's eyebrows met in the middle, darkening the gloom. "Dad wouldn't have let me order it in the first place."

I thumped Rick on the shoulder. "Well, he would've been excited to see it fly. So, how's school going?"

"So, so."

I allowed a stern expression. "Rick, if you think you're going to work for NASA you've got to get better than a C in Trig. You know that."

"Yeah, I know." He laid the rocket on the table. "Can I leave this here until I tell Mom about it?"

I shook my head and chuckled. "Sure, but tell her today and get your chores done before she gets home for a change. I've got to tell you I get tired of her complaining about your lack of work ethic."

"Great, I'll see you later." He left everything and ran out the patio door, leaving it open.

"Rick, get back here," I shouted.

"Yeah?"

"Close the door."

"Oh yeah. Sorry. See you later." Then he was gone.

***

I knocked on my neighbor's door. Rick opened it and let me in. We exchanged pretend body punches then returned to faux respectability as Rick's mother joined us at the door.

"John, so glad you could make it," Shirley said.

"I wouldn't miss it, Mrs. Jamison. Some guy told me you make the best pot roast in town." I accepted Shirley's motherly hug.

Rick laughed. "That was me."

I stabbed a finger at Rick, then handed a bottle to Shirley. "A little vino for later on, Mrs. Jamison."

She took the bottle without examining it. "John, it's been well over a year, please call me Shirley. Come in."

We had a nice dinner and the Shirley and I sat at the table enjoying an after-dinner cognac while Rick occupied himself with a video game.

"That was an outstanding pot roast, Shirley. Thanks for inviting me. I don't know how she does it, but my mom can dry one out to the point you'd think it was a big hunk of jerky."

Shirley giggled. "Thank you, John, but I must admit I have an ulterior motive."

"Really? What is it?"

"I was hoping I could convince you to give Ricky driving lessons and a certificate of completion, assuming he passes. I'm certainly not asking you to do anything unscrupulous. But if he had that certificate, I could get a break on my car insurance. I can pay you some, but maybe not your full price up front. I can make payments if that's all right?"

"I'll do that for free. Least I can do seeing as you and Mike helped me out when I was just getting started."

Shirley smiled. Her eyes sparkled. I thought she was very good looking for her age. Just a touch of gray in her hair and plenty of laugh lines around her eyes. She'd been a beauty when she was young and truth was, I'd masturbated a few times fantasizing about her. Losing Mike had been a cruel trick of fate.

"Well, I don't want to end up indebted to anyone," she said.

"Don't worry. It'd be my pleasure and a tax write off too. Win, win. Least I can do after getting Rick hooked on rockets."

"Oh my God, have you seen his room? Come on, let me show you." Shirley got up and held a hand out to me. I took it and marveled at how warm and soft it was. She led me upstairs. I paused and looked into the first room we came to.

It was neat. A colorful bedspread on a single bed with a doll clad in an antebellum dress sitting on the pillow. I smiled, obviously not Rick's.

Shirley's cheeks grew pink. "That's my room now." She pulled the door closed. Her face looked as if she feared I might discover some secret or something." I don't sleep in our room anymore. It just feels so...so lonely in there."

Shirley pushed the next door open. I stepped in. Many maps of the solar system and photos taken by Hubble and Kepler decorated the walls. Model rockets and jets festooned the horizontal surfaces, as well as hanging by strings from the ceiling.

I chuckled. "Looks just like mine."

"You mean to tell me you entertain young women in a room like this?" Shirley said with a coy smile. "I think I'd like to see that."

I laughed. "No, of course not. Although I do know a couple girls who'd be pretty excited by all this." I gestured at the room's interior. Shirley cocked her head to one side. Her thoughts remained hidden from me.

I decided to back track a little. "I was talking about my room when I was sixteen."

Shirley laughed. "You know, John, I don't mean to pry, but when was the last time you went on a date?" She gestured for me return to the hall. "I mean, since Mike passed away it seems like you've spent more time with Ricky than I have."

We walked side by side toward the stairs.

"I doubt that's true. I spend most of my time working on my business. Seems like every day there's a new challenge. I don't have a lot of time for dating, but Rick's a pleasant distraction and a great kid," I said. "Not to mention, he mows my grass. One less thing I need to worry about."

Shirley's smile was infectious. I returned it.

"I appreciate your help with him, John. We lost Mike at a crucial time in Ricky's life and if I may say, you've stepped in and filled that void for him. That's a wonderful thing you've done. Most young men would've fled the premises."

"I enjoy his company, Shirley." We paused at the head of the stairs. I engaged her large brown eyes and smiled. An odd spark skipped through my chest. Her face softened and an inner beauty leapt out at me. A beauty time, try as it might, would never fully rob from her. I tried to push the thought from my mind, but it must have shown on my face.

Shirley blushed and lowered her eyes for a moment. "Well, I'm glad he has a good man in his life, part time at least. Sometimes I think he's rudderless."

"We all were at that age. We'll keep him on the straight and narrow." I held a hand out to Shirley, she accepted it and we went down the stairs.

***

In an attempt to have a life, I kept Wednesdays for doing my business's books. Two Wednesdays after the pot roast dinner, I was doing my usual head scratching when Shirley called.

"John, I hate to bother you, but I've got water flooding out from under the bathroom sink. Do you think you could stop it? I've called a plumber, but it's gushing out faster than I can mop it up."

"I'll try, but I'm no plumber. I'll be right over."

I paused in my garage and grabbed a couple wrenches and a screw driver then slipped through the gate between our yards.

Shirley met me at her patio door.

"I think Noah must be around here someplace. I don't know what to do. Mike always handled these things and Ricky is still at school." Shirley waved for me to follow. She led me to the upstairs bathroom. Water was indeed spraying from under the vanity. I peeked in and smiled. I needed pliers to turn off the valve.

"There. No need for a plumber. These flexible hoses rupture from time to time. I'll go to the hardware and get a new one."

"I don't want to put you out, but I just didn't know what to do."

"It's okay. I was about done with the books anyway. It won't take more than a few minutes to fix this. Call that plumber back and cancel. I'll be right back." I shoved my tools into my back pocket.

"John, I don't know what we'd do without you."

"You'd watch some do-it-yourself videos on the internet and get on with your lives. What are you doing home this time of day midweek anyway?"

"Oh, they changed my schedule. Now I'm off every Wednesday. Here let me pay you for fixing this."

"Not necessary, Shirley. It's only a couple bucks. No big deal."

She pursed her lips and rolled her eyes. "All right then, if you won't take any money for your time at least take me to the hardware with you so I can pay for the parts."

I smiled. "Deal. You can even drive. How's that?"

***

With the repair finished and the floor mopped, Shirley and I sat on her patio sharing a bottle of wine. The afternoon sun shone on us warming our spirits and our bodies. We'd each had a couple glasses.

I glanced at my watch. "Rick will be coming home from school soon. Did he tell you I got on his case about Trig?"

Shirley smiled and nodded as she sipped her wine. "Yes, he did. I just laughed at him. You've got to do better I told him, or John won't help you launch those rockets."

I chuckled. Shirley was wearing a tee shirt with the rock group Boston on it. Her breasts stretched the ancient material. She caught him looking at them.

"Old woman boobs aren't supposed to be as interesting as young ones."

A blush's heat scorched my cheeks and the back of my neck. "Sorry, Shirley. I didn't mean to be rude or make you uncomfortable. I was just...Well, truth is, I was just looking at them. They are impressive. Sorry."

She smiled. "They aren't what they once were. I guess none of us are." She raised her glass. I matched it and tapped rims with a crystal ping.

"Well, for a woman your age, I think you're more than easy on the eyes."

Shirley twittered with laughter. "God. You make it sound like I used to ride a dinosaur or something."

I needed to back pedal. "No, not at all. I mean, you're attractive, even now. Oh shit, not that. I mean, I'm...I enjoy your company. I think you're very attractive." I sipped my wine, looking for a way to extricate my humming bird ass from what my alligator mouth had gotten me into.

Shirley smiled at me. "Thank you. Even if I don't believe you for a minute."

"I know it's none of my business, but have you started dating again? Like you said, it's been well over a year," I said.

She shook her head. "Not really. It's hard you know. I almost always measure a man against Mike and that's not fair. Not to mention I'm in kind of a nebulous area. A woman in her early fifties should be free and clear of children, but there's Ricky. I love him so, but he chases men my age away."

I watched her over my glass's rim. "Really?"

"Yes. Most men my age have finished their child rearing. They've got grandkids to entertain them. A lot of them don't want to get involved with raising kids again."

"As attractive as you are, maybe you should aim for a younger guy."

Shirley giggled before sipping her wine. "Are you volunteering? Ricky already loves you."

I cocked my head to one side and engaged her eyes. I swallowed hard. My heart beat sped up. "I could see it, Shirley. Are you accepting?"

Shirley's eyes narrowed. "I'd only entertain that kind of thought with a strong man. I know you're a nice man and a good one. Are you a strong man, John?"

I stared back at her. I was intrigued, but my belly filled with butterflies. Her eyes gleamed. Inviting and intimidating at the same time.

I swallowed hard again. "Strong in what way?"

"Well, I like a man who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to demand it. I think being bossed around a little can be fun."

I chuckled. "I know what I want, but I'm more accustomed to begging for it than demanding it."

She giggled again. "Are you begging now?"

"I guess so. Sort of." I licked my lips and shifted in my seat.

Shirley smiled and flipped an errant lock of hair behind her ear. Her bright eyes never left mine. "You should try demanding it sometime. You might find you like it."

"So, what kind of demanding should I do? For starters, you know. I'm a rookie at this sort of thing."

"Well, from time to time back in the old days, Mike and I would do a little role playing. Nothing too outlandish, you understand. Just a little bossy stuff. Ordering each other around, that sort of thing."

"Wow, Shirley, I just can't imagine you and Mike chaining each other to a wall and beating the crap out of each other. You'll have to show me that secret room in your basement."

Shirley nearly spit out her wine and laughed. "Oh my God, no. We didn't do anything like that. I'd never hurt someone I cared about and there's no secret room. It was simple role playing."

"What sort of roles?" I leaned toward her.

"You're not going to let this go, are you?" Pink rose on her cheeks.

"You brought it up. Now I'm curious." I leaned closer.

"Well if you must know. It was kind of like, well, Mike would be the secretary and I'd be the boss. John this is really embarrassing." Shirley took a gulp from her glass.

My pulse quickened as her cheeks grew bright red. I quickly refilled her glass. "I'm captivated, you've got to finish this story."

"Well I'd just be bossy you know. Order him to get me coffee, give me a foot massage or take his clothes off and do muscle-man poses. Things like that. When the game was over, we'd make love the normal, married way. Sex was always very good after playing the game." The shade of Shirley's face matched her wine.

"So, you'd trade places? I mean sometimes he was the boss and sometimes you?"

"Oh yeah. We'd change it up to keep it fun and light. Trust me, your neighbors weren't injured during the playing of the game."

I sat back in my chair. "I'll bet Mike is flipping over in his grave. You and me sitting around drinking wine and talking about this."

Shirley smiled. Her eyes seemed to lose focus for an instant. "Mike would think it was funny and he'd be glad it's you I'm telling. He was quite fond of you, John."

"Thank you."

"Mom, I'm home," Rick shouted from somewhere inside the house.

"Out back with John," she said. "You can eat some of that cheese for a snack, but not all of it. Then start your homework."

I glanced at my watch again. "Well Shirley, this has been a very enjoyable and dare I say, enlightening afternoon. I think we should do it again next week if the weather's nice."

Shirley smiled as I stood. "I'll be here. And, maybe we could play a little game."

I cocked my head to one side. "I've never really played games along those lines. I'm usually just grateful to have any sort of female company."

"I guess we need to broaden your horizons a little."

***

I called Shirley. "It's a beautiful day. I'll be on your patio in five minutes. I hope the wine is chilled."

"It is and you picked out a very nice bottle too."

"Shirley, I've got to tell you, I feel a little weird just ordering you around. Are you sure you're all right with this?"

"Certainly, John. It's just a game. We're friends and we can back out of it at any time. I'll see you on the patio."

Shirley was just putting some snacks on the table when I entered the yard. I smiled and waved. She returned the gesture. I took a seat. Shirley handed me the bottle and a cork screw.

I worked on the bottle. "So, Shirley, as I understand it these games you played with Mike were basically sexual in nature?"

"Basically, but it could branch out a little. Kind of like when you told me what time to be ready today and picked out the wine."

I nodded and set the bottle on the table with the cork next to it. Shirley looked pretty much like any housewife. She had on flip flops, Bermuda shorts and a tee-shirt. She'd done a little eye makeup, but otherwise she looked as if she was ready to take on the laundry.

"How long have we known each other?"

Shirley plopped in a chair across from me. "Oh, what's it been? Four years? Yeah, I think Four years."

We exchanged similar small talk for several minutes. I was trying to get my head wrapped around playing the game and work up my courage. I wondered about my heightened infatuation with Shirley. On the one hand, she was about the same age as my mom, on the other, she was very sexy.

"So, John, have you figured out what you want me to do today?" Shirley seemed far too casual. My heart hammered in my chest and my mouth got dry.

I glanced at my watch and reached for a glass. "I think so, but I'm still a little uncomfortable with the whole idea. Can I just take you to my place and ravish you?"

Shirley broke into a fit of giggles. "That's very straight forward. It's a flattering option, but it's not really in the spirit of the game."

I inclined my head slightly making a pouty face. I sucked in a deep breath and let it out slow. "Okay, well then, take off your clothes."

Shirley glanced around the yard with a coy smile. "Out here? But the neighbors might see."

"That's true. Take off your clothes." I tried to make my tone serious.

"Ricky will be home soon. He'll see me naked."

"I don't care. Take them off now."

Shirley stood up, she hesitated, looking around the yard again then stripped to her bra and panties. My belly quaked and I fought to sit still. I thought she was exquisite. Firm meaty thighs, large breasts and a flat tummy. Her hips were broad and her legs long. I smiled at her as my dick stirred in my pants.

She made a rolling motion with one hand.

I got the message. "I approve of your choice in underwear. Now take it off."

Shirley grimaced. "Ah, John, it's a little late to be playing this game. Ricky will be home any minute."

"Yes, he might or maybe he'll stop and dally with a girl along the way. Maybe he'll have to talk with a teacher. Could be he's already on his way up the walk. Take off your underwear. Now."

I assumed she'd take off her bra first but to my surprise and delight Shirley removed her panties. She stood up and displayed her thick dark pubic hair to me. She wrinkled her brow and her eyes shifted around the yard. I nodded at her.

"Very nice. Turn around so I can see your butt." Shirley rotated around stopping when she faced me again. "I like it. Now show me your tits."

Shirley's hands covered her crotch when a door slammed across the alley.

"Don't do that," I said.

"They might see me."

"They might, but they'll be pleased and jealous because I'm here with you and they aren't. Show me your tits."

shutterpsb
shutterpsb
197 Followers