To Have and To Hold Ch. 04

Story Info
Lexie and Christopher negotiate the terms of their agreement.
3.2k words
4.67
5.1k
7

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/16/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Song for this chapter: Wildlife - Stand In The Water

********

Four: Ready when you are.

Christopher's driver opens the door for me as I walk to the car.

"Good evening, Miss Summers. Please," he gestures for me to get in.

"Thank you," I oblige.

Sitting right across is Christopher Levenson in all his glory. His jacket lay folded between us, and he had rolled up the sleeves of his perfectly pressed white shirt. He was typing intently on his phone, frowning. Oh no, I hope he's not in a bad mood. I couldn't take more drama today.

The second he sets his eyes on me, he locks the screen and puts the phone facing down on top of his jacket.

"Sorry about that," he tells me as he shifts a little to face me.

"That's ok. You're a busy man," I tell him with a smile.

We remain silent for a while, and as we turn around the block I can't help but stare at the community center. I can't believe tomorrow is the last time I'll come to work. There's something about being here sitting in Christopher's car, that makes me feel like a traitor to my own people.

"Alexandra," his voice is soft. I turn to face him, feeling my insides quiver at the sound of my name on his lips. "I would really enjoy taking you out for dinner tonight. My proposition stands," he says reaching for my hand.

''I'm sorry, I'm exhausted, and I still have all these papers to fill out," I put my right hand on the pile of folders resting on my legs. I notice his jaw clenches and his hand tightens on mine. "Besides, I really have no interest in negotiating with you," control freak.

"You aren't interested in the possibility of saving the community center? I don't think you have evaluated the implications of your decline," he raises an eyebrow.

"Implications?" I scoff. "You pretend for me to comply with your every request without objection, and when I don't, you think you can coerce me by throwing in a subtle threat? You clearly don't know me," I remove my hand from his hold.

"Need I remind you it was you who came to my building looking to discuss the possibility of not shutting down? This is exactly what I'm doing. I'm open for discussion," his voice is back to his normal cocky self.

"Under your terms, of course."

"Finally we can agree on something, Miss Summers."

"Hardly," I say and turn to look out the tinted window. I start to think about Christopher's character and how it was a classic projection of the wealthy. Presumptuous, controlling, high-handed, arbitrary, arrogant... I mean where does it stop, really.

"If we are going to do this, we'll do it on my turf," I say turning to him, "let's discuss errr negotiate, in my apartment."

He raises an eyebrow a little too amused. "Your wish is my command."

We arrive at my apartment complex and the driver hurries out of the car to open the door for me.

"Thank you," I smile politely at Peralta.

"Miss Summers" he nods in response.

Christopher joins us and places his right hand on the small of my back. "Wait here, Peralta."

"Sir."

"Are you always so bossy with people?" I say without looking at him.

"He works for me, Alexandra."

I ignore his lack of empathy for others and walk in silence. We get to my apartment and luckily Karen isn't home yet. I'm relieved to be frank, as I can only deal with one ego at a time. I place the folders and my bag on the kitchen nook and ask Christopher if he wants anything to drink. He declines, so I move to the couch where he is sitting.

"I'm listening," I indicated for him to start his proposal.

"My father is hosting a charity auction at the California Science Center tomorrow night."

I let out a chuckle. "The irony doesn't go unnoticed."

"Good point well-made," I think he stifles a smile. "I am asking you to come with me to the auction as my date."

"Christopher, how does that have anything to do with saving the center?" honestly.

"Well, in exchange for your companionship, I am willing to do one more year of full funding for Little Topher. I'm not talking about the crumbs Daniel used to donate. I mean full financing to cover for the fixed and variable costs the community center faces every month."

Why would he call his father by his given name. I digress.

"One year?" I ask tentatively, "I thought this was about keeping the center open indefinitely."

"One year is more than enough time for the staff to quest grants and funding opportunities. I am offering a solution for indefinite operations, but you're going to have to do the work in finding the right alliances."

I ponder on his proposal and though I should be elated at the opportunity Christopher is offering, I'm also intrigued. Why is going as his date to the auction the starting point of this unequal negotiation?

"So, let me recap... I go with you to the auction, drink some champagne, smile at people, hold your arm, finish the night, come back home, and in exchange we get one year of full funding for the community center, plus the possibility of seeking out investment?"

"I think that's an accurate rundown. Yes, Alexandra, there's no hidden agenda here."

"It just doesn't make sense," I say in suspicion.

"It may seem that way to you, but I have my reasons."

"Care to explain in more detail? I can't help but feel like an escort with an extremely advantageous bargain," I retort.

"All you need to know is by agreeing to being my date for tomorrow, you are the one helping me; immensely at that. As for the extremely advantageous bargain know this: I am a businessman, I never lose nor do I hold the least favorable end in a negotiation."

Presumptuous prick.

"If all you need is a date, I'm sure you could arrange that easily. You could even save your precious money. I think you're just trying to wash away the shame of devastating the lives of 230 people."

"That's where you're wrong, I have no shame."

My mouth drops and I involuntarily let out a sigh of shock.

"Alexandra, don't overthink this. I have realized you are a woman that needs reassurance, yes I could choose anybody else, but I want you to come with me. The details aren't a big deal," he leans forward and puts both of my hands in his.

If I didn't have anything to lose I would punch him in the face, Apollo Creed style.

"I have nothing to wear," I say.

"Consider it taken care of."

"I need this in writing, Mr. Levenson. A man of ruthless business should know this," he smiles as if conceding the point.

I stand up and walk to the door, he follows immediately.

"I will have a package delivered to you mid-day. Someone from Versace will reach out to you early in the morning to collect your clothing and shoe size," he tells me while typing something on his phone.

"People for everything," I smirk.

He gives me a mischievous grin and takes two steps forward getting close to me. Too close. I feel how my chest starts heaving and my skin feels his electric pull. He cups my face with his right hand and brushes my cheek with his thumb.

"You need taming, Alexandra. Rough and intimate taming," he speaks softly placing a single kiss on my lips, and he goes.

-

I wake up the next day feeling absolutely smashed. I went to bed so late yesterday because I had to finish the paperwork Alfred asked for me to have ready for him. Whether those papers are going to be needed, I don't know. My agreement with Christopher had yet to be put on paper and I hadn't signed anything. Our closing day is here and the last bit of packing should be finalized by four. How in the world does this make any sense?

Christopher didn't forbid me from telling anyone of our negotiation, but I have a feeling he wants this to be kept on the low. I needed to fulfill my side of the deal, which is in technicality simple, before I could sit with Alfred to tell him about the one-year extension. Keeping the nature of these events in the dark, of course.

I look at the clock, and it's 20 past seven AM. I needed to hurry and get to the center fast, so I could help with what was left to pack, and also I had to discuss the paperwork with Alfred. For a moment, I consider calling Christopher and ask if we should stall the ousting process given our recent agreement, only to realize I didn't even have his number.

I decided, because I hated the unexpected, I was to continue acting as if nothing was going to change.

I grab my phone and check my messages. Mom is asking why I haven't called her, as if she didn't know I thrive while away from her. If I told her what was going on I wouldn't be able to stop her bitching about how my life is so unstable and all the magical things she had accomplished at my age.

I shower, get dressed and off to work I go.

-

Alfred and I have gone through the paperwork for the third and last time just to make sure it's ready to be signed. Almost everything is packed and ready to be hauled.

I was doing my best to focus and not think of tonight's event or its possible outcome, when my phone rings and there's an unknown number flashing on my screen.

"Hello?"

"Ciao, is this Miss Alessandra Summers?" a female on the other side of the phone asks with a heavy Italian accent.

"Alexandra, yes. It's me."

"Alexandra, of course. Excuse my accent, it's a gift and a curse!" she laughs out loud, and I smile at her statement. "Alexandra, I'm Giuseppina Domenico from Versace, Mr. Levenson has given me the task to prepare you for tonight's party, my dear. He has already chosen a dress of his liking and a pair of shoes to go with. Allora, can you please provide me with your sizes to make sure I send it over immediately."

"He chose my dress and my shoes?" I emphasize the word 'my'.

"Men can be very arrogant, but Chris always has an excellent taste for female style," she tells me.

"I don't doubt it," I wonder how many other females have gotten this same spiel. "I'm a 4 in dress size, and a 7 for shoes."

"Ah, meraviglioso! We should have no problem setting your box and send it in a couple of hours, Bella Alessandra."

"Thank you, Miss Domenico."

"Grazie a voi. Ciao!" she hangs up.

I don't know what to make of that call. From the fact that they have my number when I don't even know Christopher's work extension, to the implication that he has this lovely lady calling all his dates to get them dressed and foot geared to his liking.

I decide to let it go because frankly whatever he does is none of my business to intrude. I escape my own self-sabotaging thoughts and keep on with my day.

-

Sure enough, past noon, Tom is calling out my name saying there's a delivery for me. I leave the boxes I'm working on and head to the main entrance. Standing by the door and looking sharply dressed in black is Peralta, Christopher's driver. He's holding a big rectangle box with a satin red bow wrapping around it. He sees me and nods in greeting.

"Miss Summers, I have a delivery for you." He hands me the box and tells me Christopher has instructed for me to read the card that is attached to the red string.

I take the card engraved with 'Levenson Holdings' and turn it over.

I've never had a moment's doubt,

this dress was meant for you to wear.

Christopher

I can't help but smile at his keen interest in romance, even if just on paper. Peralta hands me a big golden paper bag I can only assume has a shoebox inside.

"Mr. Levenson would like for you to be ready by nine PM tonight, Miss Summers."

"Thanks, Peralta. I'll be ready then," I offer him a smile. He nods once and goes.

I wonder how many females has Peralta escorted for Christopher. I'm sure he's got the good stories. Why am I doing this to myself? I am not another one of his conquests, this is a business transaction. Just focus, Lexie. I am almost begging myself to not grow in expectation.

I quickly withdraw into my soon-to-be former office, eager to see my dress and shoes. I set the box and the bag on my desk, and quickly go for the dress. When I open the box, the first thing I see is a set of perfectly centered papers. I pick them up and realize that the word CONTRACT is at the top of the first page, eight shouty capitals.

"I, Christopher Daniel Levenson Carnegie, hereby..." I begin reading. Soon I find myself confused with a couple of agreements I am to abide by that he never mentioned last night. I won't sign anything until I get a clarification tonight. I'm starting to feel like I've made a deal with the devil here.

-

Four PM couldn't have come soon enough. We all wanted to get this over with and start grieving on our own. Alfred had requested a meeting right before we handed the keys and documents over to the Levenson's lawyer who was outside the building, waiting.

"My dearest and most loyal staff, it is not with a happy heart that I've gathered you round one last time. I've known most of you for very long... 20, 15, 10 years, and some others only a couple," he looks in my direction, "but man I feel like I've known all of you my whole life. All of your tried and true hard work and sacrifice put into this humble center made it feel like a true home for me and all of our membership. Now, I don't want to go into more detail because you know I'll get cranky and emotional, but I want you all to know that you are taking a piece of my heart, wherever you go," he looks down and shakes his head in grief, taking in this unforeseen moment. I run to him and hug him tight with tears in my eyes, while the rest of the staff cheer and clap chanting Alfred's name.

We share a tight group hug and head out. Alfred holds my hand in silence and guides me towards the lawyer that was waiting with two other people by the door.

"Well," he says, "here are your damn papers and your keys, attorney." As the attorney extended his hand to shake his hand, Alfred moved past him in direction to his car.

Tom was waiting for me; he was going to take me home. Before I got in the car I turned back and took a mental picture of Little Topher. Something inside me knew that we wouldn't be reuniting any time soon.

-

I get home and realize it's almost six PM. Lucky for me, Karen is staying at Jeff's tonight. I haven't really told her about this whole agreement. I'll find the time to do it, once it's over with. I undress and hit the shower. I shave my legs, my armpits and my pussy, as I do every time I have an event. There's just something about being hairless when you dress-up. I finish rinsing off and quickly head to the room to begin my ritual.

It wasn't until I had finished blow-drying my hair, that I remember I haven't seen the dress or the shoes yet. I go to the box and remove the tissue covering the dress.

I'm speechless.

I pull it out and lift it to inspect the beautiful emerald green dress Christopher had picked for me. Giuseppina was right; he has an exquisite taste for female clothing. The dress is mermaid style. One shoulder design in a stretch knitted satin material that I could already tell would hug my curves in the right places. The shoes he picked were demure compared to the dress. Black faux suede heel sandals with cross back spaghetti straps, very delicate but quite simple.

The bag where the shoes came also contained a small box inside, I opened it, and it's a beautiful pair of emerald gemstone earrings with silver diamonds around them, along with a massive pear shaped emerald cocktail ring. Ok, showtime.

I open my music app and go through my favorites. Music relaxes me, and helps me make better decisions even for the most trivial things. The song starts playing, and I start searching online for inspiration on how to do my makeup.

I can be a good friend

And I can be a good lover

I can be a good lover

But I can't do both of them

No I can't do both

The lyrics to the song in the background hit close to home. What does he want from me, moreover what should I expect from him? I push to the thought to the back of my mind and keep on scrolling through the images for a suitable look.

After a moment of scrutiny, I decide to go for a softer makeup focusing on my eyes. I work on my perfectly shaped eyebrows and then add some smokey touches to my creases with brown eyeshadow. A little blush, and I finish off by lining my lips and adding a matte lipstick.

I had already straightened my hair into a slick brown cascade; parting it in the middle and tying it in a low messy bun. I take a black strapless bra and a black thong and put them on. Looking at myself in the mirror, for the first time in a long while, I feel sexy. Having had low self-esteem my whole life makes recognizing the valuable physical traits I possess a difficult job. My mother always told me that I wasn't born with much of a body, so I should exercise my brain to get somewhere in life. Those words slap me in the face every day of my life.

I strap on the sandals and slip on the dress, carefully adjusting every small bit of fabric to wrap my body in the right way. The dress has a front slit to the left that rises to my mid-thigh, so at the very last minute I decide to go for the old baby oil trick to get shiny glossy legs.

It's almost nine PM and my heart is thumping in my chest. I take a last look in the mirror and I can't help but grin stupidly. For people with low self-esteem and fear of rejection, these fleeting moments of self appreciation are truly joyful.

As I'm leaving my room I get a text message. It's an unknown number.

Ready when you are, Alexandra.

I look out the window and see a black limo parked outside. Taking a deep breath, I put the keys and phone in my clutch bag, grab the contract and head for the door. Please, good heaven, let this be a wonderful night for me.