To Serve and Protect

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks - no."

"Then just trust me. I'm not the only one who would love the chance to get into your pants."

"You already did."

".. and I desperately want to again. Let's go to Vera's and I'll fuck you on the counter to prove it."

"Yes to Vera's; no to fucking on the counter. Too many perverts in there. Somebody'd drop their pants and try to turn it into a three-way."

"See? I knew you knew you were hot."

"Not that hot - just bright enough to know not to wave fresh meat in front of the wolves."

Regal started to roll Johnson over so he could get up, but she made the mistake of kissing him.

It was another hour before he finished pumping her cunt full of jizz again - followed by a shared shower - and a short drive to Vera's.

They grabbed their favorite corner booth and waited for their stuffed French toast to arrive.

Flo came back to the table and noticed that Regal had left his seat to sit next to Johnson.

"You two expecting guests - or do I need to warn you not to be fucking on the lunch counter?"

She delivered their drinks and headed back to the kitchen - still cackling at her joke.

Mandy just shook her head.

Dirk flushed crimson and started to move back to his original seat.

"No," Mandy warned, "If you think she's bad now, she'll scent you like a shark if you do that."

They got through breakfast/dinner with only a few more remarks and a couple winks.

Officer Regal paid - while Johnson left the tip - and they headed to the cars.

"Can I come over?" he asked.

"You've done your best to knock me up already. Let's chill for a day or so. I need to clear my head - and we both need to be ready for tomorrow."

Dirk looked at the ground.

"Look, I like you - really like you. I knew you would be trouble when Chief Wilson put us together. You've been a good partner and I respect you and that's even more dangerous for me."

He looked up, a little surprised at all she had admitted.

"Yeah. I don't get that honest with most people. You might even have been with me long enough to know what that means."

"See you tomorrow?"

"7:00 - at the shop - be ready for an ass-chewing and maybe we'll luck out and they just want a couple I's dotted."

"Mandy, I think I love .."

"Dirk."

He stopped - and then tried a different tack.

"I had an amazing time with you today. You've taught me so much these last few weeks. You are very patient. I appreciate everything you've done for me. If they make one of us quit, I'd rather it were me. I can find something else."

"We'll see. Go home and go to bed - no masturbating."

"Wha--?"

"If we're still both employed by this time tomorrow, you need to finish plugging this hole in my cunt - cuz I think I'm leaking .."

She leaned back against her car hood and spread her legs a little. He could see the wet spot in her pants.

"Oh, fuck.."

"Easy, tiger. Get some sleep and be ready for tomorrow."

She blew him a kiss, climbed in her car, and started the engine.

By the time he got to his Nova, she was gone.

~~~~~

Twelve hours later ..

~~~~~

"Chief?"

"Get in here and sit. We're waiting on Ivan."

"Right, Chief."

".. and knock that shit off."

"Right Ch.."

The glare from Wilson, killed the rest of his snarky response.

Officer Johnson was staring at the hula dancer on Chief Wilson's desk - quietly evaluating her life-expectancy.

Ivan arrived a few minutes later. He closed the door, stood at the side of the Chief's desk, and leaned against the wall.

Chief Wilson started, "First of all. I have two parents - and several neighbors - who won't stop calling the office and trying to arrange a ticker-tape parade for you two. Good job."

The two officers remained silent. It was never good when the Chief started with the compliments.

"You may not realize it, but the surveillance van is also recorded. Those tapes are only allowed to be reviewed if something bad happens - and then only by internal affairs - and us."

He continued, "There are also sensors in the van. When both of you exited the vehicle - and not at the appointed time to switch teams - Ivan got an alert."

Mandy continued to stare at the floor.

Dirk's eyes shot to Ivan's face - then over at Mandy - and then went back to his feet.

"Worried that something had happened, Ivan check reports, saw that there was a problem with Camera 3, and decided to hot-foot it over there to check out the situation."

Ivan took over, "I only live a few blocks away and arrived in time to see Officer Johnson hold up a rose thorn. You may recall what happened next. In a few minutes, you two moved back inside the van. I stayed in my car to see what was going on."

The Chief took over again, "As you, no doubt, know - several anxious minutes later - Ivan's radio lit up when you starting calling into Dispatch to arrange response teams."

Ivan jumped in, "I followed you to the Whitcomb's house and parked about a block away. Everything I saw you two do matched your report."

"The parts we were missing got filled in when we watched the tape from inside the van."

Ivan laughed, "I've gotta tell you. We could make some pretty good money selling that tape to a porn director."

"Ivan."

"What? They're worried we're firing them."

"They'll have to be reprimanded."

"Nobody but you and I know about those moments. There's not even anything there that Internal Affairs could do anything with - except share the porno with every other department here - and that would be a bad idea."

"So? I thought we agreed .."

"You and I both know what we saw - for God's sake we must have watched it a dozen times - I went home and fucked the hell out of Teresa. The next day, she cooked me the first coconut cream pie I've had in years and then fucked me to within an inch of my life again that night."

"Ivan."

"Dean. We watched it over and over - there's nothing there to reprimand them for except for the same thing that's gotten lots of other partners split up before - and nobody died - in fact, the opposite."

"I'm well aware."

Ivan turned to Mandy, "Can you do it again?"

At the elongated silence, she and Regal looked at Ivan, "Do what?"

"Tell me what happened. What DON'T I see on that tape."

He was serious.

Mandy sighed.

"Dirk wouldn't let me cum. I wanted to so badly. The next thing I knew, I was outside of my body - like a ghost or something. I hovered over us - and then kissed the treacherous bastard .."

".. that's when he touched his lip .."

She nodded.

"Then I floated around and ended up thinking about the perp - and the next thing I knew I was at his house - gliding inside - through the fucking walls and shit - I know - I know - it's not possible .."

"Just tell us what you remember." Ivan said.

".. I saw him watching her - the girl - and - somehow - I got inside his head or something - and he looked out the back window at her .."

Wilson said, "We saw him - on #4 - he just stood there - like he'd seen our camera."

Mandy nodded again and continued.

".. then it was like I fed off of his memories or something. I was him. I saw myself walking to the shelter, unlocking the door, descending the steps .."

Ivan again, "That's how you knew. You knew there were two doors. Without ever having looked inside, you called for the door-buster team."

".. only it was just barred - I never looked down at the lock."

".. but you knew the door was there - what it looked like - a heavy, wooden door."

"Yeah."

"Fucking bizzare!" Ivan exclaimed.

"Unbelievable." Wilson agreed.

Ivan looked at the Chief, "Wilson."

"Yeah?"

"Transfer them to me. I have so many open cases .."

"Ivan."

"I'll give you half of this year's budget and half of next year's."

Mandy and Dirk watched the Chief's face.

"You're serious." He said.

"If they can help with even a few of my open cases, I won't need that money. I'll cut my overtime by twice that. If we can pop a couple cold cases, the mayor will give me the key to the fuckin' city!"

Silence descended.

The Chief was thinking - running numbers - checking contingencies - looking for unforeseen trouble.

Ivan was beaming.

"A loan." Wilson bartered.

"What?! Fine - but I'm withdrawing the budget offer - and you pay their salaries."

"That's not .."

"Transfer them to me and I'll give you enough for four new officers - fuck - six - and you can have them whenever you need them."

".. for as long as I say?"

"Active cases only - death or threat of death - no fucking blackmails or piddly-shit."

It got quiet again.

Mandy knew to stay silent.

Dirk, on the other hand, was getting a little keyed-up with all of this, "Do we get ..?"

"No!" both superiors yelled at the same time.

"You'll do as you're told," Wilson said, "and we'll see that the tape gets destroyed."

Ivan was still beaming again.

"Fff-uck!" Wilson stammered.

Ivan looked at him.

"Who's gonna babysit the newbies?"

Ivan looked at Johnson, "Rosales?"

Mandy thought for a minute and nodded.

"Fine," Wilson admitted, "Phillips should be back soon. I should be okay."

Ivan nodded, waiting.

Wilson looked at him, "Six officers - plus computers .."

".. no computers, no cars .. just salaries .."

".. benefits ..?"

"Fine."

"Six officers - plus benefits - per year - for the next four years."

Ivan froze.

His look shifted to Officer Johnson, "How long until ..?"

"Retirement? Four years at the earliest."

Ivan stared at the floor, calculating.

"Three years." He offered.

It was Wilson's turn to pause.

"Fine - but I get Regal back after four years."

"No."

"You're planning to bribe Mandy into staying?"

"I can try. Either way, I'll keep Regal. I'll have to give him a little training and I don't want to lose that."

"Fine."

"Six officers - with benefits - for four .."

"Three."

".. three years. Johnson and Regal move to Investigations the first of next month."

"You're an ass!" Ivan yelled.

Wilson grinned.

"Four years and they transfer today."

Wilson's breath caught in his throat momentarily - but he agreed before Ivan could change his mind, "Done."

Johnson couldn't resist, "Wow. I feel like a prize mare. Are you two sure you don't want to check my teeth or anything?"

"Why not? We've already seen you ridden hard and put away wet .." Ivan laughed.

"Ivan."

"Sorry. You two get your shit. You can keep the same lockers. It'll take me a couple days to get you jackets and shit. For now, we'll leave your uniforms in your lockers - in case fuck-face needs you back - and you can run in civvies with flip-badges. That cool?"

Johnson stood and - a half-second later - Regal copied her.

"Sir?"

"Yes, Johnson?"

"To answer your earlier question, we don't know that we can repeat our .. uh .. performance .."

Ivan's eyes locked onto hers.

Mandy continued, ".. but - if you saw the tapes - some of our .. uh .. actions .. may not have been - shall we say - by the book."

She waited.

"How about this? You two do your best to keep the rest of the Department from knowing you're 'Friends with Benefits' and I'll try to keep everybody so fucking busy that nobody has time to notice."

"Yes .. well .. like I said, we don't know if we can repeat this - and you gave away a lot .."

"Fuck Wilson. You've always been solid and - from what I've seen of Romeo, here, so far - and I saw a lot - har! - he'll be an excellent investigator without too much training."

"Okay .." she agreed.

"My hardest challenge will be keeping his pretty little head from getting shot off by a jealous boyfriend if we have to send his ass undercover."

Mandy nodded - following Ivan's train of thought - and was shocked that a little seed of anxiety had started to grow inside of her at the idea that something bad could happen to Regal.

"Right. Get your shit sorted and meet me in my office after lunch. By then, I'll have a couple cases to try this ghost-shit on."

Both officers suddenly looked queasy.

"You'll be fine. If it doesn't work out, we'll just sell pornos and hire more investigators."

He laughed his way to the door of Wilson's office, opened it, and chortled all the way out of the department.

The two officers turned to their previous boss and came to attention.

"Dismissed. Be careful out there."

"Yessir," they said.

~~~~~

Four hours later ..

~~~~~

Johnson and Regal appeared in Ivan DaFoe's open doorway.

"Chief?" Mandy asked.

Ivan looked up, "Save that shit for the street. 'Ivan' is fine in here. 'Sir', if you feel obligated - but don't."

"Yessir."

The chief investigator pointed to the chairs in front of his desk and they all took their seats.

"I had Records make copies of a half-dozen cases I'd like you to try."

Mandy and Dirk looked up at his face.

"I know. I know. Just do what I tell you and I'll deal with the fallout - if there is any."

They returned their attention to the stack of folders in front of them.

"You each have copies of everything we have to-date. Three of these are active cases. Three are cold. Focus on the active ones first, please, but look at the cold ones when you have time and see if anything jumps out at you - especially any way you might use your .."

He looked at the door he hadn't shut.

".. uh .. skills .. to .. uh .. maybe turn these into closed cases."

Seeing Mandy pick up her stack, Regal did the same.

"Good. Ask Sarah which desks are available. Pick one - each of you - and spend the rest of the day going over those files. Hours are 7am to 3pm - no lunch break. Eat while you work. Don't eat. I don't care. Honestly, as long as we're closing cases, I don't give a shit about shit. The mayor comes knocking and I'll be pulling you in for extra hours. Some nutcase does something stupid and you'll be on 12-12 - like you were last week. You two did good - just keep doing that."

Regal looked at his new boss.

"I know. I meant all the shit before and after the thorn bush - and the consequences. You guys do solid work. Keep up the detail on those reports. I need that shit to cover our asses. Now get to it."

They stood - and paused.

"I already dismissed you. Quit wasting time."

After figuring out where they wanted to sit, Regal left his stack of folders on his desk and rolled his chair over to Johnson's.

She had the folder for latest case open - a hit & run.

A guy - walking his dog - had found the recent, shallow grave - and had alerted the authorities.

The body had there a week or so.

The person had, obviously, been hit by a car - but the evidence team hadn't been able to come up with anything helpful.

"You still have that moving blanket in the trunk of the Nova?" Johnson asked.

"You want to have sex next to where they found a body?" Regal asked - looking around the room - keeping his voice as low as possible.

"You have any other ideas?"

"Same routine as before?"

"Yes. Oral edging until I 'pop' and we'll see what I can find out."

"Okay.."

"Do a good enough job and maybe I'll give you a reward later."

"You mean *after* I fuck you full of cum because we're both still employed?"

"Oh. Yeah - I guess."

"Deal."

Not being told they couldn't - and not wanting to risk asking permission - they headed out to the Nova.

A half-hour later, they were at the site.

The grave was a little close to the jogging path - and the road - too close for the privacy they needed. So much for fucking on a moving blanket in the weeds.

Regal parked the Nova at the last spot in the parking area for the trail-head - closer to the road than to the grave. "Now what?"

"Try it - I guess."

"Yeah. The worst that happens is you go ghost and suck my dick and I'll explode in my pants."

Johnson just shook her head - and started peeling her pants off .

"Here?"

"I guess.." unsure - then changed her mind, "Back seat?"

"Yeah."

They exited the front and climbed into the back.

Regal lay on the seat - face up - and waited for Johnson's cunt to come within reach of his tongue.

There wasn't much room to maneuver.

"We need that cot." Mandy lamented.

"Without the porn tape."

"We could make our own .." she giggled.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, Romeo, get to work."

She cut off his snarky response by sitting on his face. She eased up enough for him to breathe again - and he got busy.

She reciprocated by rubbing her palm back and forth over the tent in his pants.

Her beautiful pussy was intoxicating.

He licked at her folds, nipped at her bud - and dug in deep - trying to get every, last, bit of the cake-batter off of the whisk - working into all the corners.

She tensed - and he stopped.

He needed to push her again - see if he could get her to pop.

She relaxed and he dug in again - stopping her short of release.

She sighed - angrily - knowing what he needed to do - but wanting what she wanted.

He worked her into a frenzy again - and stopped - biting her inner thigh to distract her away from the stimulation he'd almost overdone.

Still no "ghost".

He waited until she calmed - and then started again.

The fourth time he pushed her limits, she was getting there - her stomach in knots - but no..

He pushed again.

This time - as she got close - he tried to hold her right at the edge of the cliff - just a bit longer .. She strained. His tongue circled her outer pussy-lips one last time and .. pop!

She was out.

Just to see if he might be right, she kissed his hard-on through his pants.

His cock convulsed - but didn't spew.

"Enough of that for now." She thought.

She headed to the cordoned-off grave.

The teenager had been dead before they were drug to the edge of the path - Mandy looked around but didn't see anything she could use there.

She "walked" around the grave.

She "saw" a middle-aged man digging - with a hubcap.

The soil was fairly loose here - but it's not easy digging with a hubcap. He was sweating.

Under a leaf, a drop of dried sweat glowed - luminously. She touched it.

She was inside of his head. She could see out of his eyes.

He looked up from his work as headlights approached on the roadway. He froze, in fear of being discovered.

The car continued on - and he went back to his digging.

He was intoxicated. His breath was ragged from the hurried exertion. His strength was gone.

He did what he could to cover the body with the pitiful mound of dirt he'd scooped from the low depression.

He walked back to the car - noticing the damage to his bumper and fender.

He crouched down - to look closer - and she read his license plate, "MRU 729".

She repeated it, verbalizing the letters and numbers - hoping she would remember it.

She gasped - and was back in her body.

Dirk repeated the license plate to her.

She nodded.

She climbed off of him and started pulling her clothes back on.

He got out of the car and called Ivan.

Ivan patched him through to Dispatch and - a couple minutes later - texted him the direct number for future reference.

Ivan said he'd meet them at the address that the plate had been registered to.

The address was close - just a mile away.

They drove past the house - at the edge of a small suburb - and parked on the side street.

Dirk was at Mandy's door, spinning her sideways, and pulling her pants back down.

She eased the seat back and raised her right leg.

Regal drove his head towards her sex and sent his tongue to renew her need.

She relaxed - and focused on the wanting.

Dirk's tongue dragged along and through each fold - left and right - top and bottom - reaching - grasping ..

It only took two tries this time - Mandy was pulled equally by the sexual desire - and the desire to see inside the house.

Almost as soon as she was to the wall of the residence, she could sense the stillness inside.