All Comments on 'Tom'

by lover1953

Sort by:
  • 161 Comments (Page 2)
Hiram325Hiram3256 months ago

If ever there was a tale wherein an absolute thermonuclear response was warranted, this on was it. Instead we get weak and mostly passive pablum... A missed opportunity and that's worth 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

As is the norm with this author, the story was technically and grammatically well crafted, and the dialog flowed naturally. The plot, however, was not as well constructed. The protracted course of divorce the story presented seems highly unlikely to take place in a family consisting of typically encountered adults and children. The husband's patience and ability to suppress his anger and resentment were beyond the pale for a male with the confidence and self assurance to succeed in a client facing position of influence in business. The children's innate curiosity and need to understand the course of events occurring in their lives were unnaturally muted. The wife's dishonesty and level of hypocrisy were inconceivable outside the realm of politics. The author is to be commended for not attempting to contort the story line into a RAAC. The conclusion he presented, however, was far from satisfying. The cheater and her paramours experienced no significant consequences for their actions. The wife, far from heartbroken by the reality of divorce, was relieved to be free of the demands of parenthood. The senior partner, his distasteful wife, the junior bisexual attorney and the law firm that enabled all of their debauchery went completely unscathed. Such an outcome might be consistent with reality in some cases but is not one that rewards a reader for his/her investment of time in a story such as this. Recreational reading is primarily motivated by pleasure and satisfaction. Sadly, there was little of either to be found here.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x6 months ago

The next time she says she's going away, he should say, "Sorry, I have something planned" so that she has to stay home with the kids.

\

"my lawyer assumed right-off that I stood little chance of full custody of my children" - With all the time she spends away from the family?

\

"if Judy finds out just what you and I have been doing she'll raise hell and it will cost me more than I want to pay." - Maybe he shouldn't have been fucking a married employee!

\

"all the pain that she had unknowingly caused me" - Unknowingly?

\

"if all the participants are happy, that's the main thing." - As he said, HE wasn't happy, so why shouldn't they divorce?

\

If the way to advance is to fuck the senior partners, how do male associates advance? And how does fucking a paralegal enter into things. Even IF you concede the fucking, why should it have to disrupt their family life?

\

She's been fucking him for EIGHT years and hasn't gotten the promotion yet?

\

She'll divorce him for the sake of her job, but not for her husband?

\

I heard a similar punchline to the first joke: "You're never there."

\

Once the divorce was final, he should have leaked what he knew.

\

Could have saved space by leaving out her POV.

\

No explanation for how she went from, "It's my body and I'll do what I want," to her wanting to be Suzie Homemaker. Of course we know that wouldn't have lasted!

\

I agree with Anonymous Re: her puking. I also thought it indicated pregnancy.

\

@Anonymous Re: The kid. Of COURSE he's going to keep her! He's raised for whatever number of years.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Gave her twice as many non husband dicks, an extra 6 or 7 years of being a slut, and the normal stacked deck marriage counselor. Extra ticks in the boxes didn't make it any more interesting as a story.

.

Not one of your better efforts. Two stars.

Dobbin55Dobbin556 months ago

At the beginning of the story, the MC seemed to be a take charge sort of guy, but by the end he was turning into one of those wimps. He should have exposed the law firm to the world as being a bunch of oversexed, depraved arseholes! His wife was a typical narcissist, what hubby doesn't know, doesn't harm him, and when he does, his love for her should give her the right to be forgiven and let her continue! It was a well told story but lost a star for the ending!

RzcanuckRzcanuck6 months ago

Overall it was really good. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I enjoyed it since it is just a story. But I still wonder why in stores like this the wife fights the divorce or does not want a divorce? She is some high paid lawyer, has two lovers, would in real life get what ever she wats out of a divorce. In the end she really did get what she wants.

A good twist, though bad for the kid at first, would be to have him NOT seek custody of at least the second kid that is not his biological kid. Let her try and live her fantasy life with a kid to watch. I know, she will pawn it off again and get a sitter so if he does care he can then take the kid. But at least mess her up a bit.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

why didn't he file a suit of some sort and make the cheaters pay ?? usually this type of story has the cheated on hubby threaten exposure and the law firm pays up . sometimes even the cheater personally ?? why not get some financial revenge since they treated him like crap ??

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

2* for this report. It was a report because it was devoid of any human emotion and conflict. Further, it was obvious the writer didn’t really have an idea of what his story was supposed to accomplish when he started it. He just seemed intent on checking off every cliché he could think of.

It resulted in a rather dry cut and paste formula cheating wife story. It added nothing to the thousands of others in the LW genre.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Can't blame the whore wife all that much, the stupid cuck was a loser. The wife is fucking another man, for eight years, and this doofus had no clue? He never noticed that his bastard daughter didn't really resemble him or his other daughter? And when the cuck does find out he lets it continue, for over a year? Accidents happen, all sorts of accident. Some of them are fatal. Its all very sad.

\

And the cheating asshole knows his wife is a cheating whore, so what does he care if the stupid cuck tells his wife? It was a good plot idea, but the execution was lame and the characters were weak or too contrived to be real. Give it another shot.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The jokes at the end were better than the story. Plot was ok, just too much writing. Could have been shorter.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Worth a good 4 but the jokes took it to 5!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I'm sorry this one didn't work for me. You've written a lot better than this. The characters were one dimensional, there was no emotional draw pulling the reader into the story and the scenario written was disappointingly pedestrian. Find your fire again, write with the passion you show in your earlier stories. You are a competent writer, but this was not a good example of your work.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode666 months ago

I liked this story, but Tom seemed pretty laid back . 5 stars .

ReedRichardsReedRichards6 months ago

Why divorce at all? If Tom could, and did, put up with this for two whole years, and later found out it was eight years, he might as well keep going. Just make an agreement that she not give him real sloppy seconds, and everything would just be like it had always been.

.

The LW commentariat won’t like that, but Tom was never depicted as being pissed off enough to really divorce her. She gets side guys, he finds a side chick himself, and no big deal, right?

.

This story just doesn’t make sense the way it’s written. To put all of that effort into getting a divorce, he should have been shown a lot angrier than he was.

GeorgeGaleGeorgeGale6 months ago

This is nothing more than a story of about a willing "Cuckold" that finally figured it out and decided to leave like a whipped cuckold. Not one of your best writings.............():\

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Why do I feel as if I've been chewing on cardboard?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So it took the cuck only one and a half years to finally grow a set. Really? Stupid story, a cuck and his whore.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Way too talky.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Geez: what a well told, but totally fucked up narrative.. Where do LW authors find such reprehensible peole?, I’ve been a public company senior executive, a board chair, and a major city law firm partner and I have never encountered, to my knowledge, people this delusional, deceitful, and otherwise fucked up. Where do you find these people outside of your imagination?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5stars. Love your writing. I miss “a wide has regrets “. Will you resubmit soon?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What a fucking loser the husband is. He lets them completely off the hook. No repercussions whatsofucking ever. Not even back payment of child support or a college fund. Nothing. They get to continue on their merry way. The worst part is he had the cards in his hands to at least somewhat hurt them and he did nothing. Oh, he was never going to be able to ruin them, not unless he want all extra-judicial on them, but he could have very much impacted them otherwise.

How disappointing that another writer went and wrote another boring ass story that just mirrors life and doesn’t add anything imaginative.

nixroxnixrox6 months ago

1 star - yes, why bother getting a divorce at all - just empty out the bank accounts, cancel her credit cards, shut off the utlilities and take the girls to the far side of the country. It would take forever for the SLUT to find them, if she actually wanted to in the first place.

PLUS I would have had some homeless people wearing big signs walking up and down in front of his office and his home neighborhood - advising everyone what an ASSHOLE and SLUT worked or lived there and inviting the local media to attend the expose and public shaming.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What more could a man ask for, I don't know .... Maybe raise his own bloody children. Hells bells the cucks on this site

oldmanbill69oldmanbill696 months ago

Liked all but not burning them down was stupid !

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice6 months ago

I didn't think I was going to like it the way it started with the relationship already being dead. However, I found this to be so well-written, that I just sailed through the rest of the story. Good story flow, characterization and use of prose.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit6 months ago

It’s too bad that Tom couldn’t get the divorce AND expose the firm’s sexual activities. They deserved a good double crossing.

krazicat99krazicat996 months ago

Why did he divorce her, she had the only set of working balls. He walks away and let's the rich keep up their standard of living. What a crock of shit. 1 star

Chimo1961Chimo19616 months ago

Sue the father for 18 years of child support, drag his name and the law firms name through the mud. Otherwise you are still a cuck

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So he raises another guy's kid and PAYS for it? Ugh.

tralan69ertralan69er6 months ago

@reedrichards, Is that how you would have done it if it was your wife cucking you?

JayZipJayZip6 months ago

@ReedRichards, Tom seemed plenty pissed off to me. Under control, not flying off the handle; but pissed off and determined.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit6 months ago

I found this story to be great! Excellent even. Although the plot was old, tried and tested, the Author did manage to make it his own, with some enthusiasm, style, and a very pleasing manner of off-beat, off the shoulder, neo-flippant humour!

That topic, the way that it was presented, and the generally very good quality of the writing, I liked very much indeed. The re-hashed jokes, not quite so much!

Keep it up,.

- Dick'.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Why in all the stories do the men still bring up the bastard child and say its not the child's fault and spend all that money bringing them up.

OOAAOOAA6 months ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Blind man!!!!! Hilarious!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Like the divorce, this story went on and on and on.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler6 months ago

Nicely developed and used his impatience to the fullest extent. Thanks for an interesting read.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It's like a broken record over and over.

Just not a fan 3 stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

The husband's and wife's attorneys were the only ones who prospered!

5

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandt6 months ago

Not a bad tale but it seems at times that it was a collaborative effort between multiple authors who didn't communicate well with each other.

For example, when Robert is served in his office, he said, "God damn right you don't! (his voice was angry) because if Judy finds out just what you and I have been doing she'll raise hell and it will cost me more than I want to pay."

Later, when Tom meets with Judy, she admits to knowing all about Robert's affairs and claims that they basically having an open marriage.

Little inconsistencies like that detract from the overall enjoyment of the story.

moultonknobmoultonknob6 months ago

It seems to me that Tom is just a pathetic fuckwit letting things carry on that long and why didn't he go after child support and the company they worked for.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Yes, this guy is a loser. Horrible unrealistic story.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Great story about the end of a marriage. Kathleen was a bitch, a lying, cheating, delusional bitch. He was dumping her for cheating, but finding out that his second child wasn’t his finally pissed him off. If I was in that situation,, I wouldn’t have been able to leave Robert’s office with him still able to walk. On one of my black days, there is no doubt that I probably would have killed both cheaters. Tom was a good man.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades5 months ago

Enjoyed the story. Tom was great putting the children first! Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So this MC just accepts that his wife is fucking multiple men?

Then finds out she has been doing it for 8 years? Then one of his kids is actually not his?

And he doesn't burn their entire world down?

Then Robert is served with an alienation of affection law suit? And is super worried his wife and the other partners will find out. And then? We hear exactly nothing about it again? It just goes "puff" and disappears. With no fall out?

Then later it's no big deal that his wife finds out about the fucking. And she doesn't care that he's fathered kids? She's fucking others too.

I just find the entire story disjointed and unbelievable.

The wife character is completely delusional.

There really aren't women out in the world who marry and make clear monogamous commitments and then see little/le problem with fucking others in rather obvious long term sexual relationships? Allow their paramours to impregnate them. Force their husband's into raising them, and then act like there's not betrayal and insist they love their husband. Surely these horrors of human beings written here are fictional? I've never encountered this shit before.

This wife character was written as some kind of study in sociopathic behavior.

Just didn't care for it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Awfully mild MC.

Harvey8910Harvey89103 months ago

This was a good story highlighting the consequences of cheating. Kath wanted the full partnership in the law firm and that was her highest priority. She did not want to be a faithful wife nor a mother. She gave up her kids and Tom was able to sell the house and move on. Some people should never get married. Kathleen is one of those people. Great story. 5 stars, for sure

LJ7352LJ73523 months ago

WTF!!!!! Do you know how to e d a story without leaving near!y ALL of the loose ends flapping in the breeze?!? One star.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Didn't find age of the children until the 3rd page. Why didn't he pursue Alienation of affection early on. I gave it an average, which I consider very generous

NitpicNitpic2 months ago
Too

Too similar to many other stories,plus he should have requested child care money from Robert,then he should have made public his wife and Roberts affair.People like Robert and Robert's wife need bring down a peg or two.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Jesus H Christ on a bike, this has to be the worst written and stupidest story, with the stupidest caricature of a male MC on LW. I think this guy needs to get out more and meet real people, maybe then we'll get a decent story out of him. Absolutely hate it....

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The non-biological daughter is basically just a step-daughter. Being blood-related is a necessary condition.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

He should have filed a million dollars lawsuit against the law firm. His wife and Robert would be fired. He should also include James which nothing was done to him either. This just wasn't a good story at all.

juanviejojuanviejoabout 1 month ago

I LIKED THE NUN JOKE.

phill1cphill1cabout 1 month ago

not enough authentic dialog and, the main nit, IT'S RIDICULOUSLY UNBELIEVABLE!! In the stories of yours I've read, the woman follows the same delusional path, "i'm entitled...." which really doesn't play in real life. And is the theme for like 99% of the stories.

This one was without any real authentic characters and dialog. The powerful lawyer, the coerced junior associate, it's literally a fucking lawsuit ready and waiting to happen. And what would her motivation be to NOT file one? Why is she so protective of her sexual harasser? answer: she wouldn't be. Social scandal, really? Nobody cares...nobody has money OR TIME to waste beyond reading about on Microsoft Start.

Have you met a real woman?

FD45FD45about 1 month ago

This story was remarkable similar to your last one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A passive timid ending for all the sound and fury that led up to it. She had been fucking him over for 8 years, and he never had a clue? Maybe the whore just wanted a man who paid attention to her. Guess it can happen. But he got what he married, so he deserved what he got.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence21 days ago

If he's so sure he'll manage to get a divorce, I'd have just gone ahead and released the information about her fucking her boss.

Not like he can be sued since he has proof.

If it has a negative impact on the couple or the firm, whose fault is that? "Maybe stop fucking and getting pregnant women who are someone else's wife?"

The firm won't be able to fire her (sexual harassment) and she won't be able to quit (how much of her career was because she fucked instead of her being a good lawyer).

ker63469ker634697 days ago

I'm with Ambivalence, after the divorce was finalized. I would release the info and raise hell with all their lives. Just to spite them. Us the daughter would suffer, but those three assholes deserve to suffer as well

redboat7redboat76 days ago

Great story! Liked Ker63469 and Ambivalence comments

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlover1953@lover1953
I made some changes and edits to John: How to save a life, and submitted it for posting.'s (It's not up yet) I cleaned up some of the mistakes and tried to make it a tad more readable. I've been doing a review of some of the many comments that I've recieved on my stories an...