Tom's Parallel World Pt. 02

Story Info
Tom starts a new job in the parallel world.
9.3k words
4.8
11.8k
30

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 02/28/2024
Created 05/13/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear reader, this is a work of erotic adventure fiction, containing furry, anthropomorphic animals with human intelligence having sex with our human hero. If this isn't for you, then please read my other stories.

All characters, furry or otherwise, are over eighteen.

This chapter takes us further into the seemingly idyllic parallel world Tom has found himself in.

~~~ *** ~~~

Tom woke up cold, naked, and shivering, lying all on his own on the oval basket bed in the parallel world he had found himself earlier in the day. The hollow where Sarah had led next to him was cold. Without his watch or phone, he had no idea of what time it was, although at least now his head was clear and his headache gone.

Sunlight streamed through the bedroom's only window. He walked over to it and hid behind the net curtains, eager to see more of this new world. On the right, he could see the cove stretching out to deep blue seas. On the left, the cove framed by cliffs, high above wisp thin clouds streaked across the sky.

Fishing boats bobbed on the sea returned home, funnelling back into the small cove. The small boats looking about 6 metres long. Each with a small cabin and crane-like masts, with their decks littered with stacked boxes and baskets. Two to three fisherdogs manned each boat. Standing on the prow of each boat was a younger dog, checking progress and looking at their goal, the pebble beach in the cove.

One boat was beached high on the pebbles and another being tethered by the dog on the prow, preparing to be winched up the beach. Dogs moved around the beach, each with tasks in hand, carrying boxes, shouting instructions, or operating the winch. Not being a big dog lover, Tom couldn't decide which breed each dog was, thinking they mostly looked like Alsatians but with slightly shorter snouts.

There were a few houses opposite the beach. One larger brick built with a thatched roof could be the pub Sarah works at, thought Tom. The village stretched further behind and up the narrow valley, with cottages along the cliff ridges.

On the beach, a large, cap-wearing brown dog stood on a rock, smoking a clay pipe, overseeing the surrounding operations, pointing with his pipe as he gave instructions or nodding at replies, definitely the top dog.

Tom wondered if he could pass off as `Normal' in this new world and avoid any screaming mobs of dogs that Sarah had warned him about, to finish up on the end of a pitchfork. He looked forward to exploring further hoping no to raise any suspicions.

A small rocky point split the pebble beach in two, reaching from the shoreline into the sea, topped by grass. On top of the grass knoll sat a bench. The one half of the beach had a shallow gradient, perfect for beaching the fishing boats. The other half was empty, being rocky and steep.

Sat on the grassy knoll's bench was a black cat, sitting crossed-legged, leaning back enjoying the afternoon sun. The cat's head rose to look directly across the cove at Tom and waved. Shocked, Tom recoiled and nearly waved back.

'She can't possibly see me through these curtains,' he thought. Then he realised the cat was waving at Sarah sunbathing on the grass in front of the cottage below him, just as he had seen her this morning. He watched each of Sarah's slow deep breaths, her fur ruffled in the breeze and then her one rear leg, slightly tamp the grass, in a sleep-driven twitch.

Tom was pleased to have given and received so much pleasure from such a beautiful creature. After a while his eyes returned to the beach to see the black cat shrug her shoulders and walk to the road beyond the beach, nodding to each fisher dog as she passed. Dropping onto the beach to speak to the large brown top dog.

Still naked, Tom shivered. He couldn't put his old sweaty T-shirt back on, nor his torn boxers. After rummaging through his rucksack in the corner, he found some lycra cycling shorts to replace his torn boxers and one last clean T-shirt. Slipping on his grubby combat shorts, he peered back through the net curtains. He watched the scene for a while to see walking up the path towards Sarah's cottage on her two hind legs was the black cat.

As she walked, the sun glistened off her fur. She was definitely female, with breasts slightly bigger than Sarah's, which swung side to side with her walking gait. The black cat transfixed Tom, but her attention was focussed on Sarah, who rose and rushed down the path to greet her. Sarah lifted off her four legs onto two to embrace the black cat.

Their front legs wrapped around each other, and they kissed. Not a friendly peck, but a lover's lingering kiss. This black cat was obviously Sarah's other lover she had spoken of and yes, Tom liked her already. The two held hands and walked back, both pairs of breast swinging in unison. Tom, now almost drooling, watched these two beauties as his dick throbbed back into life.

The black cat's fur had a sheen to it, looking as if she were wearing a highly polished black latex cat suit and mask. She gazed at Sarah as they chatted. Both of them dropped to all fours and walked tightly, circling, brushing against each other, with both tails entwined.

Tom could hear their purring and just some muffled talk. After several laps of each other, they stopped, top & tailed. With their tails in the air, they licked each other's rear fleetingly. Tom grabbed his growing dick, enjoying the image.

The two moved around to face each other and dropped to the grass to lie there talking. Tom could see the love for each other on their faces. The black cat repeatedly leaned forward to kiss and lick Sarah, her tail like a flagpole, whilst Sarah's tail brushed over her lover's back. Tom wondered if the black cat was also being affected by Sarah's heat.

Suddenly the black cat jumped up and exclaimed loud enough for Tom to hear. "SARAH! NO."

At which Sarah leaped towards the cottage's front door, out of Tom's view below the window. The black cat now moved towards Sarah, also disappearing out of Tom's view.

Tom could hear heated words. Although muffled through the closed window, he knew it was a safe bet that this was her reaction to learning of Tom's presence in the cottage. The tone of voices dropped out of Tom's hearing, but he could still hear the odd heated word. After quite a long discussion, he heard the click of the door opening.

"Tom, pop on some clothes and come down. I want you to meet Kitty," called Sarah up the stairs.

Sheepishly he came down the stairs. He could smell Sarah, her sweet heat hormone still present, but he could also smell a new aroma, slightly coffee-like, both quite different. Taking a deep breath he ducked into the lounge.

In the corner by the door was Kitty the black cat, but keeping between them was Sarah, who was as nervous as if she were on a hot tin roof...

"Tom, this is Kitty, Landlady of Kitty's pub, my boss and my lover. Kitty, this is Tom," Said Sarah, staying firmly between them both, on all fours, watching Kitty.

The fact that kitty just stood there, not offering a paw, it was obvious she was not best pleased.

"Ahem... Hi." Tom coughed out, embarrassed as he waved his one hand in the air.

"Tom, Sarah has explained, so I know what you are and where you have come from," said Kitty sternly. "This is very serious, historically NO traveller from any other parallel world has lasted more than a day, let alone had sex with one of us... Normally they go mad or threaten the community's safety, unable to comprehend the reality they are now in."

Tom explained his position nervously, that he had left nothing behind to return to and his history, realising he needed to convince Kitty, and fast. He continued talking using the info Sarah had explained, that he realised that cats, dogs, and humans were equals here and this was a whole new existence and how wrong it would be to think otherwise.

During his long drawn-out explanation, kitty moved behind Sarah, so close that they touched, stroking all the areas that Tom guessed would excite her. She nibbled her neck and purred, both their tails entwined again. Then Tom noticed Kitty's eyes, each iris had narrowed to dots, rather than being a cat slit, cutting through her yellow eyes north to south,.. She must be under the influence of Sarah's heat.

Tom could sense Sarah's heat hormones building their influence on him, but fear for his life was dominant at the moment. Kitty had definitely succumbed to her hormones; her one paw reached behind Sarah and started stroking her vagina, both purring. Kitty continued to nibble Sarah's neck, both brushing their heads together.

Neither of the two cats had noticed Tom had long since stopped talking.

"Please, Kitty," whispered Sarah, breaking her hormone-driven spell. "Spend time with him and you'll see he poses no threat. He could say he walked over the headland today, not by the coast path last night. No one would know, please... at least try." She pleaded.

Kitty looked forlorn as her head cleared a little, and she tried to argue her position. "But it's not fair, Sarah I came here to be with you. I've been so busy and this afternoon we have a human family coming to stay at the pub, so I have to be back for them. I have little time and I've not had any chance to be with you in heat."

Tom, seeing his window of opportunity, spoke up. "I'm human and could help. I've had experience working in the College bar and had summer jobs in hotels."

"Yes, that sounds great, doesn't it, Kitty? There's the small spare room in the pub Tom could use. You've always wanted to encourage more human trade. This could be that opportunity," Sarah said, making the future look brighter for Tom, whilst she tried to ignore Kitty's plea.

"But he's a human from another world. Brought here with the storm last night. Top Dog Captain Brown will go mad if he finds out we have harboured a fugitive, an illegal. It will undo all the effort we have put in to become part of this community." Kitty countered.

"Oh, Kitty, if he leaves by the back door, jumps over the wall, and walks down behind the cottages to join the overland path. No one will see him. He can say he camped near Mullion Cove last night and walked overland, not along the coast path, missing Church Cove. So Captain Brown won't think of checking further and he seems safe enough, he's not flung himself off the cliff... Yet!" Sarah continued, hoping she had made a good enough back story for him.

Kitty had yet to be convinced. "I don't know how we are going to pass this off. If Top Dog Captain Brown even suspects, we are all in trouble... But you're right, Sarah. With those humans staying tonight, it would help to get an excellent review and it could add some trade. So, Tom, I'll meet you down at the bottom where the overland path meets the coastal path. Pretend we met by chance and you needed a place to stay, so we swapped a night in the pub for an evening's work. Thin, but it may work."

"Ooooo thanks, Kitty," Sarah squealed as she hugged her.

"Ohh. Arggh..." Kitty vented her frustration. Her eyes returning to some normality.

"Okay, but only for you, Sarah. Tom, you'd better be good or we'll all be fish food for the mermaids. Grab everything of yours, dress to suit your role of this charade and let's hope that we all survive this day."

Tom dashed upstairs, sat on the bed as he slipped his grubby socks and boots on. He gathered up his loose soiled clothes and torn boxers, stuffing them into his rucksack, to carry it all back downstairs. In the lounge, Sarah and Kitty were holding each other in a tight embrace. Tom had to cough dramatically to catch their attention.

Kitty left by the front door saying, "ok, go on, let's hope we all get out of this alive, I'll see you in a minute."

Tom went to shake Sarah's hand as she took him through the kitchen to the back door, but she held his shoulders and gave him a peck on the cheek, wishing him luck.

Tom followed Sarah's directions. He walked down the garden to climb over the low stone wall. He followed the narrow path along the back of the cottages. Tom was relieved to be out and about again, ready to explore this parallel world. Although first, he had to help Kitty out at the pub with her human guests tonight, as he had promised.

At the end of the cottages, the narrow path met the more defined, wider overland path that ran around the edge of the main village. He turned along the larger path and could see Kitty further down, still on the coastal path, and they met at the junction of the two paths.

"Don't worry, Sarah will join us at the pub in a few night's time. Her heat is abating so it won't be long. Right, let's stop here for a while and make it look as if we are negotiating tonight's trade."

Whilst talking, Tom wondered what the rest of the day will bring as he watched the Fisherdogs still working around the beach.

"See the big brown dog stood on a rock on the beach? Wearing a cap, now pointing with his pipe and giving instructions? He is Top Dog Captain Brown, pack leader of the village. He's the one we have to impress and not annoy. Right, come on, we've been here long enough to conclude our pretend negotiations, let's go."

As she spoke, the dog on the beach turned, waved his pipe at Kitty, and started walking up the beach over to them. Kitty waved back but under her breath said, "Keep calm Tom."

They walked down to meet Captain Brown halfway, where the path met the beach and road. The big brown dog exuded confidence. He nigh on owned this village. He stood proudly and doffed his cap. "Good afternoon Kitty, how are you and who is your friend?"

"Ah, Captain Brown, I'm well thank you. I've been visiting Sarah. This is Tom, who I've just met walking into the village. It turns out he needs a bed for the night, so I've offered him a room in return for his help this evening. We have a human family staying tonight, and I'm hoping they'll give us an excellent review, which could increase business?"

Captain Brown held his paw out to Tom, who stepped forward to shake. He had a very strong handshake from years of fishing for a living, his paw dwarfing Tom's hand.

"Hi, I'm Tom, pleased to meet you, sir."

Top Dog Captain Brown paused, looking him in the eyes, still shaking his hand. "I'm Captain Brown, young man. Nice to meet you too. I assume you have experience and you'll not take advantage of this lovely kind cat?"

"Oh, no sir, I have worked in hotels over various summer holidays and I used to work in the student bar at university." Tom realised this was some sort of interview.

"Which university would that be?"

"Oh, Middlesbrough, I come from a village, outside Bristol. After university I lost my job so decided to walk around the coast for the summer. I walked across the fields this morning from Mullion Cove. I've been camping for the last few nights, so to sleep in a proper bed and have a shower will be a bonus. I'm more than happy to work for my bed and supper," Tom said, trying not to ramble on.

"So you missed The Lizard and Church Cove?" Captain Brown said, scrutinising Tom further.

"Er, yes. Should I have gone there? The guys at Mullion advised against it. Saying the path didn't follow the coast and there was a better pub here, so I cut across country." Tom hoped he sounded convincing. He wasn't sure, terrified that Captain Brown suspected. Butterflies flew madly around in the pit of his stomach.

"No, you did the right thing Kitty's is a better pub. Well, so long as you don't shortchange Kitty here tonight and we will get along fine. We will all see you later tonight for a drink. Tom, Kitty thanks, I'll see you later." Captain Brown said with a wave of his pipe as he turned away.

"Captain," Kitty responded, her shoulders relaxing.

Captain Brown walked back down the beach, barking instructions at the dogs and pointing with his pipe. Tom and Kitty walked on together, both relieved, thinking Tom had passed the test.

Tom was right about the pub's location. They arrived at the large thatched roof house overlooking the beach. A small sign read `Kitty's Pub and B&B' on the gate, leading through a low wall running around a small front lawn to the pub. Kitty waved him through the front door and as the door shut behind them, they both let out a huge gasp of relief.

Initially, they ignored the lounge and bar area, which was like any small country pub in Tom's world. They climbed the stairs up to the second floor, inside the roof. At the top of the stairs, Kitty showed Tom a cupboard-sized room with a bed, where he dropped his rucksack, as Kitty pointed out that her bedroom is next door.

Down on the first floor, there was a shared shower, toilet, and the guest ensuite rooms, which had wardrobes for guests. They got linen and went through all the guest rooms, making beds, tidying, and leaving towels.

"No chocolates on the pillows?" laughed Tom.

"They'd melt and ruin the pillows."

"No. Wrapped chocolate sweets. As a welcome gift for the guests."

"You come from a strange world, Tom." Kitty shook her head chuckling.

Once finished, they went down to the ground floor to the kitchen. He received a black 'Kitty's Pub' apron and Kitty introduced him to Brenda the chef, an older, kind-looking cat, who wore a smock and similar apron. Brenda looked quizzically at Kitty, who quickly explained their cover story.

Kitty showed him the bar and lounge areas, although he couldn't see anything like a till anywhere. Neither of the two areas were large, with low ceilings, dark beams overhead, with an open fire. Both would be busy with twenty people in them and rammed with thirty occupants. They could be in any old country pub, anywhere in Tom's Britain.

Kitty said aloud to no one in particular, "Kitty's pub." Surprising Tom.

Tom then heard from a speaker that he couldn't see. "Good Afternoon Kitty."

"Add a new person to level 1 access, name Tom," Kitty said

The pub responded. "Tom confirmed. Tom, please speak clearly?"

"Hi, I'm Tom," said Tom, puzzled, and looked questioningly at Kitty. Then realised this must be the same as Sarah's talking computer, but also linked to the building.

"This sets you up on voice commands to turn lights on & off, lock doors and in an emergency set off fire alarms. You just need to state lights on, off, lock, unlock door and the pub will react," said Kitty, shrugging off his puzzled look.

She showed him what the various drinks were and what she expected of him. It was all familiar and much like his previous bar work, except that the clientele would include human-sized cats and dogs. Kitty pointed out that the captain dogs were to receive waiter service. They all sit at a large table in the bay window of the bar. Each had their own seats and individual mugs, which Tom had to learn.

The few other tables were small, using stools rather than chairs. The bar walls had a single empty, elbow high shelves for clients to prop their beer on, all to keep space available in the small bar area.

Kitty explained that food orders were to be collected from the kitchen hatch and dirty dishes. Empty beer glasses returned to the same hatch. She then warned him about Captain Brown's daughter Becky, who was also due to start that evening. He'd asked Kitty to employ Becky as a personal favour.

She had a reputation for being spoilt and arrogant. Her parents hoped a summer job would bring her down to earth before she goes to university at the end of the summer. It will be her task to keep the hatch clear and help Brenda in the kitchen.

There was a lot for Tom to remember and etiquette to follow, but above all, he was NOT to step on any tails. He learned the menu's, which were very close to his homeworld counterparts, some tailored for cats, some for dogs, and some for humans, but all could appeal to anyone should they wish.