Tom's Parallel World Pt. 06

Story Info
Tom swims with Pisces to find damning evidence but...
10.8k words
4.82
5.9k
15

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 02/28/2024
Created 05/13/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear reader, this is a work of erotic adventure fiction, containing furry, anthropomorphic animals with human intelligence having sex with our human hero. If this isn't for you, please read my other stories.

All characters, furry or otherwise, are over eighteen.

~~~ *** ~~~

After leaving Clair, dumfounded in bed at midnight, Tom ran along the cliff path towards Mermaid's Cove. With it being so late, he didn't have to worry about Captain Brown or his wife seeing him. Although, it would have been hard to convince them that he wasn't going against the top dog's wishes and leaving the confines of the village.

Even after all his walking, as he tried to run, his boots felt like lead, holding him back, then something clicked inside and energy ran through him. Whether it was cat or dog nanobots in his blood stream taking over, he didn't care, but he sped up. Sometimes he dropped from two legs onto all fours with his hands, scampering along the ground, which seemed more natural and definitely quicker.

Soon he reached the area above the cove and he easily jumped over the fallen tree to walk down the path to the cove below. The cove was empty, but Tom continued down the steps, cut into the cliff to reach the dark beach. His cat's eye vision cut in to give him a perfect view of the area. In the moonlight, he could have read a book, but he couldn't see any sign of Pisces, the mermaid princess.

He looked out seaward through the narrow inlet and noticed ripples on the water, funnelling towards the beach. He walked down to meet the peak of the ripples as Pisces raised her head above the water with an urgent look on her face.

"Where've you been Tom? I've been waiting?"

"I'm sorry. I don't have a wristwatch, let alone a moon watch."

"Strip off, quickly..."

"What? No chatting, no foreplay, just straight into sex?"

"No, shush. Something is happening further along the coast. You need to strip off to swim with me so we can see what is happening."

Tom untied his bootlaces and removed his clothes, as he asked, "Like what?"

"I was sitting here waiting, then heard motors, like a fishing boat, but they wouldn't be out this late."

"I can't hear anything?"

"Under the water, silly. You need to be quiet, as our voices will carry over the water once we are out beyond the rocks of the inlet."

Tom stepped out of his boxers and threw them and his T-shirt further up the beach to reach his boots, as he was already stepping into the water. His instinct resisted entering the uninviting cold water. Pisces eyed him up and down. Pleased at what she saw, not just between his legs, but also the gold chain necklace, still around his neck with the shell whistle her father had awarded him.

Pisces beckoned him to join her, looking as lovely as the first time they met. Her long black hair trailed down over her shoulders, barely hiding her ample naked breasts. Her blue rubbery skin matched the moonlit water as she slipped further out, fanning herself backwards with her arms and tail floating in front of her, now frustrated, still beckoning him to go deeper.

Once thigh-deep, Tom held his breath and took the plunge. The initial coldness wasn't so bad and he followed Pisces out. At first, his breaststroke could barely keep her in sight, but he remembered to copy her swimming technique, butterfly stroke style, with her arms trailing behind her and kicking with her tail. He mimicked her tail movements with his two legs, finding more power than individual kicks.

His cat's eye night vision worked as well below water as above, so he could follow Pisces, as she continued to swim underwater. Tom's need to continue breathing hampered him, but the further they swam, the easier it became. He could reduce the number of breaths he needed and yet could swim faster.

Mermaid's cove was well behind them as Pisces swam in close to a large rock holding onto the seaweed clinging to the rock. Tom swam in close enough for them to touch, her blue rubbery skin sending ripples of excitement through him. Pisces pointed to a dark area beyond the rocks.

Tom's eyes adjusted, and he could see a flat rubber dingy moving along the cliff. The dingy carried three dark shadowy figures. The dingy disappeared between two rocks and Pisces kicked off the rock to follow it. Tom caught up with her, clinging to hide behind another rock, but this time he could rest his knees on the bottom.

He peered over the rock, he recognised the beach with the ruined, overgrown fisherdogs house that he and Becky had been at earlier that day, or was it now yesterday? On the beach was the unmistakable feline, white-furred form of Balthazar, the village bureaucrat.

Two of the figures jumped out of the dingy to pull it up onto the beach and then the third got out. The third dark figure was large and stocky, wearing a hooded gown, similar to a monk, but the other two pulled their hoods off to search around, looking for any witnesses. Pisces gasped in obvious recognition of the two bare-headed animals looking like large weasels.

The monk walked up the beach to Balthazar, leaving the two weasels at the dingy. Balthazar and the monk met and talked for a period. Balthazar then showed the monk the list Tom had given him earlier that evening. The monk pulled his hood off to read the list, exposing his head, with two white stripes.

Pisces grabbed Tom, holding him tightly as this was obviously the badger Brock, the pirate and villain. He read the list, laughed, and then read it again. He shook his head and laughed, loud enough for Tom and Pisces to hear him clearly.

"This list of equipment shows that they know nothing. Give them what they want, as they will learn nothing. I have someone coming who will put a stop to this," said Brock, his voice full of menace and guttural.

He handed Balthazar the list back, and they continued to speak at length, in low voices, which Tom couldn't hear clearly. Afterwards, Brock pulled his hood up and returned to the dingy, sitting in it as the two weasels pushed it out, keeping their boss dry but getting their feet wet.

Balthazar disappeared into the undergrowth, not following the coastal path but going straight inland. The dingy and its occupants turned and headed out. Rather than swimming out, Pisces pushed Tom's head beneath the water and they both watched the dingy pass them by from beneath the surface.

When Tom and Pisces raised their noses above the water, Tom didn't need to gasp in a breath of air, despite being underwater for multiple Mississippi counts. They watched the dingy move along the coast, but rather than heading directly out to sea, it headed for a low, long rectangular unnatural looking rock.

"I don't recognise that rock," Pisces whispered to Tom, in a barely audible voice.

The three figures stepped off the dingy onto the rock. Brock disappeared into the rock as if he were going down a ladder. The two weasels pulled the dingy onto the rock, working their way around the deflating dingy as they flattened and folded it up, rolling it into a cavity in the rock.

The pair lifted a hinged cover over the dingy cavity. Then, like closing a holiday suitcase, the one stood on the door, as the other pulled heavy catches to secure it. The two weasels sank down the stairway into the rock. The dark rectangular rock moved away and then submerged.

"It's a submarine!" Tom stated the obvious. "That can't be cheap, so there is big money behind this and Balthazar must be taking some of it."

Pisces pulled him back underwater, so they could both hear an electric hum and faint swish of the propellers. As the noise receded into the distance, they both returned to the surface.

"That's the sound I heard earlier whilst waiting for you," Pisces explained once they resurfaced. "The two weasels are Brock's henchmen. They're the ones who tied me into the crab pot and left me to die."

Tom then explained what he and Becky had discovered that afternoon. So now, Balthazar must have met the group on the beach in this way, twice in two days. Although the unique perfume smell was not present tonight. They would have to keep an eye out for the person, Brock warned he was sending 'To put a stop to it'...

Pisces asked about the contents of the box they had recovered from Tor Rock. Tom explained his concerns about the Institute for Genetic Control and possible moles feeding Brock genetic material and nanobots. He explained his plan, with Lucy, Peter and the cottage, also about Peter's possession of the required testing equipment.

Pisces was excited about the implications with her mind racing with the information. Tom then added the icing on the cake, telling her about Lucy's false equipment list that Tom had given to Balthazar, who they had just witnessed, showing it to Brock for critical inspection.

"At the moment, Pisces, you and I are the only people who know all the pieces of the puzzle. Becky, Lucy, Peter, and even Captain Brown only know portions of the puzzle, which will help keep them safe. You need to keep your father appraised, so if anything were to happen to either of us, he will also know."

"I'm glad you know you can trust me."

"After saving you and us witnessing that clandestine meeting tonight, I think I can trust you more than anyone else at the moment."

Pisces grinned at Tom.

"Come on, now you're in the water, we can enjoy a good swim."

She dived underwater and swam off. Tom could easily follow her with his cat's eyes doing their job and now he found he could easily keep up with her. Maybe these nano-bots had improved his lung and muscle efficiency, he thought. He had comfortably adjusted to swimming using both legs together, feeling it more efficient. He found it odd that with this different exercise, his legs itched rather than ached.

Pisces enjoyed leading him a merry dance, twisting every which way to lose him, as Tom chased her. Before he knew it, Pisces was sitting above the crab pot she'd been incarcerated in. This time, rather than gasping for air, Tom could relax and join her, with air in his lungs to spare.

Tom struggled to sit alongside Pisces. As he tried to bring his one leg round, he found his legs constrained together. He turned to look and overbalanced, falling into the crab pot, hearing Pisces laugh. Tom's legs were now a single tail. Not a shining fishtail covered in scales like Pisces, but a single opaque mucous membrane.

At the end of his tail, it also conjoined his feet with a crude single fin. He struggled with this new concept as Pisces chuckled at his discovery.

"I think those nano-bots of mine are now inside you and doing their job. Don't panic, freshwater will dissolve your tail, just as it did mine that afternoon in Mermaid Cove."

Tom tried to talk back, but all he could do was reduce the air in his lungs as he blew bubbles. Pisces, realising his dilemma, pointed up to the surface and headed upwards. Tom overcame his imbalance and joined her in a race to the air above. As they broke the surface, they both laughed with Tom in shock and Pisces enjoying his discomfort.

"You never warned me?" Tom exclaimed.

"I didn't know. I'm not a geneticist, but when we first swam out, I realised when I saw the mucus forming. You're quite an excellent swimmer and your breathing is far better."

Pisces looked thoughtful, with her hand brushing Tom's hair away from his ears.

"Hmm, no gills... Yet. Maybe if you stay long enough, you'll make a handsome merman."

Tom found tread watering with a tail, not as easy as with two legs, but soon got the knack. Then a fear passed through his mind.

"Er, what about... You know?" He said, nodding down to his crotch below the water.

Pisces smiled and sank below the waves, as Tom felt her hands slide down his torso and the one move around his crotch. Her fingers found his growing member and stroked it through the membrane, teasing it larger. His manhood was now pressing from inside the membrane for release. She gripped his shaft through the sheath. With a sharp twist of her fingernails, she created a slit for him to slip out of.

Her other hand reached around, stroking Tom's cheeks, her fingers teasing down his cheek crevice. Her finger pressed on the membrane, pulling his cheeks in, suddenly breaking through to find his rear entrance, causing Tom to shudder.

Tom felt the warmth of Pisces' mouth engulf his shaft. She licked and suck on it. Her finger now entered his rear, not deeply, but far enough to excite him further. Pisces's manipulations distracted Tom, who forgot to continue treading water, and he dropped below the waves. Rather than coughing or spluttering, Tom felt quite at ease and pulled Pisces up for them to kiss.

"How hungry do you feel, Tom?" Pisces asked.

Now Tom realised he was famished. He hadn't eaten since early the previous evening and it must be early morning. Rather than nodding, he instinctively spoke and once more, an eruption of exhaled bubbles exited his mouth. They both lifted themselves above sea level, Pisces laughing again.

"How come you can talk below water and I can't?" Tom asked, frustrated.

"Because you're still breathing air. Once underwater, I use my gills so I don't use my vocal cords to speak. If I used my underwater voice above water, all you would hear is screeching. Once your nano-bots sort out gills, then maybe you can learn."

"I suppose that is something for another day, but yes, I am starving."

Tom wasn't sure if he wanted the nanobots to change him that much. At least his tail will `wash' off in freshwater. He found the idea of being a changeling mermaid exciting and offering him new discoveries in the future.

"Come on, we'll go to a deeper kelp forest for some snacks."

Pisces led the way, swimming off along the coast, with Tom following close behind. She led him further out to sea, with the pair enjoying swimming together. Tom tried emulating her swimming techniques and found his forming tail and fin were helping, enabling him to keep with her twists and turns.

They remained just beneath the waves as they swam. The moon filtering down through the waves flickered and twinkled off Pisces, exaggerating her body form as she flowed through the ocean. Tom grew more and more excited as he admired her body, rather than focusing on technique.

Pisces turned to enjoy Tom's eyes on her. She coiled around to meet him in an embrace, bringing him up to the surface.

"I love the way you watch me... Your eyes excite me, knowing you want me."

Pisces smiled and winked at him, then looked down at where Tom's stomach remained hidden beneath the surface, as it gurgled and groaned, confirming its emptiness.

"I think I need to eat first, hearing that is hardly erotic."

Pisces giggled and dived back beneath the waves, with Tom hot on her tail fin. After a brief swim close to the surface, she dived deeper into darker depths. Tom felt the soft velvet kelp before he noticed it around them. Flashes of Pisces ahead of him guided him deeper to the sandy bottom.

Pisces flicked her body as she snatched behind a kelp strand, to produce a reddish flatfish that was slightly larger than her small hand that held it. She reached her spare hand up to a decorative shell in her hair and withdrew a small sharp knife that deftly dispatched the fish.

She pointed at the fish and held up four fingers, then returned to her search. Tom remained within sight of her as he also searched. Despite seeing a few, he just couldn't catch them as they sped off, guessing his intentions.

Pisces hand slapped his backside, or at least where it was, inside his tail. He turned to see her hovering behind him, holding four fish in triumph. She pointed for him to follow her and they followed a rocky base that rose as a rock cliff to the surface.

They swam around until, with a flick of her tail, Pisces landed to sit on a convenient rock shelf. It took Tom three attempts to land on the same edge and pull himself back, to sit alongside her as she laughed at his lack of agility.

Looking around, rather than being on a cliff, they were on a tiny, rocky island, surrounded by the sea, with no land in sight. Using her hair shell's knife, she filleted a fish and handed Tom slices.

"We must have swum miles out to sea."

"No, not far. The cliffs around mermaid cove are just on the horizon there."

Pisces pointed due north, with Tom noticing a very slight brightening to the east. Pisces then pointed to the left.

"Dogwatch cove is just there, maybe too far for you to swim on an empty stomach."

Now knowing where to look, Tom could just make out the dark cliffs against the night sky on the horizon. Tom's stomach growled, as if on cue, causing them both to laugh. It surprised Tom at how nice the raw fish tasted, as Pisces shared her catch with him.

"I think you need to share what we have discovered tonight with Edgar."

"I don't know, Pisces... I don't seem to be in his good books."

"Ignore your feelings, Tom. It's for the good of everyone. Edgar has always had the Village and Mer people's wellbeing at heart. Becky would have already told him you suspect Balthazar's meeting with Brock and now we have witnessed it. He needs to know, so he can decide on what to do."

"Okay, maybe I should... I don't remember seeing this island when out on the boat with Edgar before."

"It's only an island at low tide and barely a rock at high tide. It's easily missed. We've storms coming in the next few days and the rock will barely be visible."

"Will that affect the herring, as the fisherdogs are relying on them?"

"Oh yes. We've already warned Edgar. The herring will stay deep and may even not run at all. They usually like to run along the Gulf Stream that circles Britain, but not in storms."

"Ah, we have the same in our world, the Gulf Stream, that is. I don't know about the herring though. Is that why the sea feels warmer tonight?"

"Yes, but also because out here, we are in a deeper body of water, so it holds the temperature better than inshore. Your body's nanobots must also help, because any naked human out here would be shivering by now."

Tom had forgotten he was technically naked out here, sitting on cold, wet rocks. He kicked his tail in the water, enjoying the benefits of this world's high-tech nanobots. Never in a million years would he have ever thought he would one day be sitting, sharing a midnight snack, with a mermaid, splashing his own tail in the water.

Once she finished her last bite of fish, Pisces slipped into the water, sweeping water across the rocks, allowing the fish remains to wash away. She hovered just a few meters away, waiting for Tom to join her.

"Come on Tom, I want those hungry eyes of yours to satisfy me now."

She flipped and dived under the water, her tail flicking high in the air to splash Tom. He shouted in protest and half fell, half jumped, to follow her. She had a lead on him and, whilst he soon caught up; he was sure she had slowed up to give him a chance.

He loved chasing her silvery, blue body that flicked and twisted through the water as she made the most of her three-dimensional world. Unlike playing with girls in the playground, that could only twist left or right, Pisces could dive or rise, whilst also twisting left or right.

Maybe Pisces planned it, but Tom quickly worked out a pattern to her manoeuvres. Like a chasing fighter plane, he anticipated her next flick downwards and was already there waiting for her, catching her tail in his arms.

Her powerful tail kicked and flicked, trying to release herself, but in the end, she twisted back round to wrestle him into an embrace. As their tongues sought superiority, Tom brought them both to the surface, giggling and laughing whilst holding her in a tight grip.

Pisces breasts pressed against his chest and she squeezed his tail clad buttocks, thrusting her hips into his bulge hidden inside the pocket in his tail that was now fighting to escape. Tom moved his hold to her hips. Now she was no longer fighting to escape.