All Comments on 'Traditions'

by satindesires

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
PencarrowPencarrowover 2 years ago
ISLAND LIFE - NOT ALWAYS WHAT IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE

I liked the story. It was very entertaining despite the far-fetched premise, and I liked the karma dished out to the two duplicitous, cheating wives who hid behind a cloak of "tradition". Shacking up with Helen afterwards was also a very nice touch. One thing I would have liked to see would be a good man on a D9 bulldozing row upon row of trees down, but I guess we can't have everything.

~

On a side note, as usual the suggested list of "similar stories" is a waste of space. If you want similar stories then the author has already mentioned two ("No Reply" and "No Reply:answered"), but there is another that is equally good, if not a little better, and that is Fredoberto's "Gifted". Another that concerns deadly island traditions is Saddletramp's "A Time to Cheat", which is another fine story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thought he was going to back down.

Shame it takes stupid women to make these stories work.

She got away with Glen a yeah you're right about Jake and not following through might have secured her a few more years...

Lost a star for the amount of typos, get someone or something to check it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The ending was like premature ejaculation.. slow build up and … blast off without an orgasm!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked the story and gave it four stars. I would have been more comfortable reading it if you had stated that you borrowed the premise for the story from another story though

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

I liked it... You forewarned us about "realism", usually a key point when I read LW stories, but I suspended my bias for you. The story was well written with solid narrative. I would have liked more character development even though doing that would have likely revealed the "surprise" that Claire was doing something elicit on her island visits. 5*

LindaAnnKLindaAnnKover 2 years ago

I recall years back reading a similar story and involving trees. I cannot recall it’s name or author but is probably in my favorites list. This version was much better developed. Thank you for a good read!

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Author warned at the outset that this was unbelievable, and so accepted as such. It was a good story. One thought that was not entirely clear to me was whether things would have been different if Claire had confessed her misconduct to her daughters and explained that their father was rightfully upset. Second, the author never mentioned Steve's faked encounter with Helen. Claire never raises Helen with Steve, and Steve never tells her that this was faked. Indeed, the entire Helen-Steve faked encounter has no impact in the story except to provide the background for the very end. I would have thought that more development of that faked encounter would have been interesting.

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Gets the blood boiling. Maybe the brothers needed some hard times as well.

NSEW1NSEW1over 2 years ago

Well written story, but wish the man had embraced the tradition and become a happy cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very similar to 'Gifted' by Fredoberto.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a good story, even if it was not extremely original. I think "Gifted", by Fredoberto, which is a story on this site with a similar theme, was a better story. You should have had the MC record the conversations with the elders and sell the story to the London tabloids, to disgrace the entire island.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 2 years ago

That was certainly a lot of melodrama. Not erotic.

jasonnhjasonnhover 2 years ago

"somewhere near a place called Durham" - sweet. It was great that his two daughters wised up.

Arrogant and deceitful mother and daughter. They were using a long dead "tradition" to explain/justify cheating. Even then, they blatantly lied about how important it was, who was adhering to it, and stepped beyond the boundaries to become sluts. They got what they deserved and became lonely, bitter women in a community that shunned them.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

I enjoyed this story. It was different enough from mine to please the manly men who long for "justice" and enough like my story to get the juices flowing as one reads it. As always, endings are the most difficult part and this story sort of rushed through the showdown and the happily ever after part. The interesting thing in these stories, mine included, is that few wives, contemplate the fact the entire community will know about the liaison, and how that will cause the husband to react. It is had enough to have a wife go through this, but even worse when the entire community knows it. I wrote "No Reply" as an attempt to create a reason for a wife to take a lover that seemed almost acceptable. Few agreed that I accomplished it, but it sure did stir up the readers and I still get a lot of comments. Thanks for the story, for acknowledging my story, and for the effort you put forth for the readers.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Whew. Was worried for a moment you were heading for a reconciliation that wasn't deserved, but that disaster was avoided in the end. Ending felt a wee bit rushed, almost like the author was as eager to cut and run as Steve.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

I really liked this one. It was a huge improvement over the cuckie original, where the husband forgives the whore wife. The way this husband reacts is far more realistic, with rage and disgust at his wife's flagrant infidelity. The tradition was always just about manipulative middle-aged women having illicit flings with horny young men.

-

I especially liked that both Claire and her mother ended up getting divorced and became social pariahs. Being ostracised from the community in disgrace was a much harsher punishment than anything the husband could've inflicted on them.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Good story especially the last sentence.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

It was a good story which I enjoyed reading. I think catching her in the act would have been nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quite good rendition. Ended a little abruptly….Claire should have been more publicly embarrassed in front of her daughters.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice rendition of this plot. Biggest quibble is that Claire was not burned enough.

.

4****

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Well done. Glad you gave the husband a set of balls and had him divorce the stupid bitch. These stories have always got my blood pressure up. This "tradition" is nothing but an excuse for married women to cheat on their husbands with young studs. Funny how in these wives pea brains this "tradition" trumps their wedding vows and commitments.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Oh! Bravo!

One of the best rendition of The Tradition.

Oddly enough, the other good one was also set in a small community in Scotland, though I cannot remember the title or author (help here, anybody?). The revenge was he slept and “trained”, for months, the fiancée daughter of one of the village biddies, and ruined the upcoming wedding of the boy who had been “trained” by his wife.

5-stars & Favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Clearly deserves a better score

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mediocre poker. Same story as before - a lying, deceitful woman who thinks she has done nothing wrong and refuses to see or admit her cheating on the marriage.

LimeyracerLimeyracerover 2 years ago

Basically, a good story. You need some editing - mostly correcting grammar (Commas, etct)... These "older traditions" are not unknown (Droit de Seigneur is the French phrase for the Chieftain bedding down the new Bride on the wedding night.).. Sad that it chose to end like it did. Steve had possibly been 'rutting' himself when younger, but, I guess he was from the old school and possessively, couldn't allow his wife to partake of the screwing around. I blame her mother mostly...

LR.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

get...an....editor....to many misspelled/misused words and phrases. And the ending went way to fast.

Equals87Equals87over 2 years ago

Loved it. I usually hate reconciliation stories but somewhere in the middle I hope for reconciliation but then the prior situation came up and was all for BTB. Great spin on tradition aspect. Reminds me the story set in Scotland called Gifting. This was better as it was more realistic because such tradition being so accepted and common is crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The husband, who is in his mid-forties, ends up with Helen, who is around the same age as his mother in law? That's his consolation? To screw some grandma in her sixties? Eeeew.

OBSunSeekerOBSunSeekerover 2 years ago

I agree with others that the "men" who spent a week with Claire needed some special attention. What an excellent subject for the British tabloid's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Much better than Any version of “The Tradition stories”. Never accepted it, gave her a taste of what it felt like, of course with actually cheating like the whore and most importantly never sleeping with the whore again.

And now the explanation of the crash cat ladies is given a pathway.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

These plots, ridiculous and psychotic as they are, are fascinating to me as well.

I liked your take but it seems Glen and Jake needed some retribution as well.

They were slimy pieces of shit from a slimy piece of shit family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I remember a story very much like this one. This is not an original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Harddaysknight's version was a cuckold story, which is pretty much par for the course for him. In his stories, even if the husband leaves the cheating wife, it's presented as tongue in cheek thing, with no real love or regret between wife and husband.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Damn good story. I've always disliked these "traditions" stories a little, because the betrayed husbands never seemed to take sufficient actions against their wives cheating. I like Steve's actions with Claire, who was a willing cheater and liar. Good job burning Diane a little with the same fire. Helen is a definite upgrade.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 1: Good so far but if it were me, part way through page 1 I'd have lit out of town like a cat with it's tail on fire. Or better yet, just tell her to do what she thinks is right, go on his business trip and never return. Surprise!, the bank account is empty and if you come after me I'll tell the whole world your story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Scared me but you ended it strong. Well done.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

One problem with all these stories, did any of these young 18 year old males not have a girlfriend his age he would not cheat on? Sounds like a bunch of losers to me and the women sound like a coven.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There are lapses where it is hard to know what is going on.........proof read please.

lonelyinbkklonelyinbkkover 2 years ago

Ok. Similar to the story Gifted.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Somewhere above I said the story reminded me of another Scotch set story.

It is the Fredoberto’s “Gifted” that many have also mentioned.

ken philipsken philipsover 2 years ago

A very good story, which I did enjoy, with excellent characterisations & plot build, but I just couldn't give it 5 stars because as with the original tale/s it follows on from, it is all just a little bit too close for mine to the classic 1973 Edward Woodward/Christopher Lee/Britt Ekland/Diane Cilento film "The Wicker Man".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a jumbled mess. Very confusing to follow who's doing what and for what reason. Barely average. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Plagiarism of concept if not of words.

Other story was the wife had to sexually "educate" the "uneducated" husband to be of their daughter.

Better written then this one. Poor copy with minor changes.

Samson

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Claire bringing the daughters to the island to convince her father should have resulted in much more of an explanation and gnashing of teeth. Then the rest in a couple paragraphs? The hint of Helen's activities when gone was a nice end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a rehash of a similar story I read a while back.nothing new here. It to close to that other story it is plagiarism …it’s that close.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

Good story, but a few things bothered me. On page 2 Steve's discussion with Bill ended abruptly, with no transition to the next paragraph with Claire berating Steve for Bill divorcing his wife. And Steve's week-long fake affair with Helen never gets mentioned again after Claire's initial reaction. 4 stars.

BigJim48BigJim48over 2 years ago

Why do all of the authors use the words "ego" or "pride"to describe a man's reason for wanting a divorce or revenge after being cheated on? But the same words aren't mentioned when the one cheated on is a woman? This is soooo many others found in this category - she cheats and expects him to accept it with no consequences. BULL SHIT!!! Only a very weak or unloving man would accept such a relationship.

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

An anonymous comment a couple of hours ago claimed plagiarism of concept, obviously a nooby to this site, there’s a finite number of scenarios capable of sustaining a plot and that was reached the first day this site went live. Everything since is a re-hash, admittedly some better than others.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

Too much melodrama.

Sometimes a penis should be spanked against a face...just saying

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A decent rendition of this plot idea. I prefer the previous one where the wife gets pregnant and the asshole fucker gets jilted by his fiance'. In this case the husband bears some responsibility since the wife repeatedly offered to come to London with him. He left her to an overbearing mother and a perfect opportunity to whore herself out without getting caught. He didn't even plant the obligatory audio/video equipment in the house to capture his slut wife. Fail.

I really like the suggestion that the attractive widow hooked up with Steve, but can't understand why they would want to keep that a secret. Claire deserves to have the knife twisted a bit.

An entertaining story. Thanks for the effort.

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

much better than the original No Reply

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

First of all the whole thing is so preposterous that you had a big load to pull it off. But you didn't. You made it into a typical lengthy moralizing sermon with a lot of blabbing between three characters, which only shows that you are a weak writer. This is a typical standard of most BTB stories in LW, inability of writers to do anything but pontificating and sermonizing. The stupid arrangement with "Helen" is another foolish vehicle for the lack of a better plot.

satindesiressatindesiresover 2 years agoAuthor

I have just read the comments on this story. I honestly had not read Fredoberto's "Gifted" before writing this. I have now and agree it is very similar, although I would also agree with the commentators that his is better. My story was based on "No Reply" and "No Reply: answered" as declared at the onset; but explored a less forgiving end. Thanks to Hard Days Knight for accepting this premise and his kind comment below. I hope the similarities don't spoil it too much for you.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 2 years ago

To: anonymous "about one month ago" --

Alas, a mid-sixties woman, widowed 10 years or more, could be a better match for the physical capacity of a mid-forties male with a full-time job than his contemporary ex-wife (who can take the pounding young studs mostly provide).

Also, after the widow is gone, the male still has some shot with his female contemporaries again, as, after menopause, their physical capacity is once again a plausible match to his.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - just one more example of women justifying their wants, desires and actions, while at the same time, vilifying their husbands or lovers similar desire, wants and actions. Neither side gains anything in this example.

I think that this story should have allowed him to have similar 1 week experiences with two 18 year old women on the island - then divorce his skanky slut wife. Whats good for the goose is also good for the gander.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Tack a tradition on and you can sermonize why filth is cleansing. Glad the main character wouldn't put up with the sick rationale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What the adult women prized was a week of sexual excess with a man some 20 to 30 years younger than themselves. To be offered sex with a woman some 20 to 30 years older than himself as an adult was not fair compensation for the MC. The extended Fraser clan must have had at least one 18 to 22 year old female among their ranks. She would have been the appropriate partner for the faithful husband who had been twice cuckolded by her kin.

I'm sure considerations could have been arranged (a new car, for example) that would have resulted in her enthusiastic participation. She would have been no more of a whore than had her family elders. They would no doubt have been proud of her commitment to the continuation of the Fraser family's traditions.

The MC should have insisted on no less in return for his silence toward the infamous British tabloid industry whose interest in such a scandal involving the island's leaders would have been intense.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Reminds me of another family's tradition of planting trees.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 2 years ago

Tradition, lol, give me a break. I can just see my husband coming up and telling me that his German ancestors require him to fuck an 18 y.o. cheerleader (which is what he would choose, the perv). I would take the frying pan to him and every living German relative he had. When I was finished it would look like Berlin in the summer of 45. Tradition, lol. But I loved this story and you are such a good writer. Going to read more so keep it up. SWL

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 2 years ago

Tradition, lol, give me a break. I can just see my husband coming up and telling me that his German ancestors require him to fuck an 18 y.o. cheerleader (which is what he would choose, the perv). I would take the frying pan to him and every living German relative he had. When I was finished it would look like Berlin in the summer of 45. Tradition, lol. But I loved this story and you are such a good writer. Going to read more so keep it up. SWL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

what devious minds invent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A comment on dark2donut2 's comment. For someone who hasn't written Jackshit, apart from ripping of authors stories, you are a complete waste of space. Go away and write something readers can criticise if you are brave enough. I probably will die before that happens. Well done author shame you have to put up with pillocks like that. Mel B known as Hornydevil47

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a great story. You fucking douches criticizing it for "moralizing"? What the absolute fuck are you talking about?

It wasn't moralizing? It was a husband in a committed long term marriage relationship of more than 2 decades of being dedicated AND faithful to each other. Those kinds of marriages actually do exist and can be quite rewarding heading into middle age. After raising 2 children.

Instead you have a wife who feels entitled...and KNOWING it will ruin her relationship with her husband CHOOSES to keep the sordid affair secret from him.

The rest of the villagers even admit the tradition has all but died out with the exception of the grandmother and the Fraser families.

It's not "moralizing" to expect your spouse of 22 years to be honest with you about fucking other men you fucking wanker. Go ear a dick dummy.

And yes. The premise of the story IS a bit outlandish. But it's interesting. The setting on the island...it's interesting. Him finding the journal and some of the history he read. Not an "everyday" kind of thing, but interesting for sure.

I liked it. It was pretty well written and easy to follow. And it ended with the outcome you'd expect. Him divorcing her and her living alone with her divorced mother.

Just because YOU get off on your long term spouse fucking younger and better men and just accepting it...doesn't mean the rest of the world accepts being a cuckold. That isn't "moralizing". That's just called being loyal and worthy of trust. And expecting your spouse to be honest.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Reading again. I have to agree with previous anonymous comments on the story. This is one of the best endings for one of these “traditions “ stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hateful disgusting lying cheating slut whore with nooooo respect or consideration or true in-depth love for her husband!!!

Tradition BS that uses folklore to try and justify outright sexual prostitution with trees as payment!!!!!

At the first hint, life as we knew it would be over and it would be BTB and the MIL as much as possible!

Even hard to read and digest the pathetic story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Okay story. Some errors. Spellcheck or an editor might help. It would have been better until you played the "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" card and had Steve spend a week with Helen. Trying to get even with that type of behavior never seems like a good idea. Even with Helen ending up in Durham did nothing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

As always, hmmm. An 18 year old male virgin? Must be Super Dork.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Steve couldn't fathom why she wanted to fuck a young man? Uh, same reason middle aged men find young women to be smoking hot dumb ass.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

The INSTANT she said she wanted to do this, he should be moving money to the Caymans and leaving there like a cat with its tail on fire.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

He thought it was going to be the end of them? Pussy.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

For fucks sake, if he's going to keep her, get on a boat or plane and get the fuck gone with her immediately. Another dumbass LW husband.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Early page 2. WTF? Girdle the damn trees.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Daunting thoughts of what to do with his life if he left her? 🤣 I get it now. It's a farce. My bad.

PencarrowPencarrowabout 2 years ago
HELEN, A BLACK-HAIRED, BROWN-EYED ISLAND BEAUTY

Several commenters have asked why Steve would want to end up with Helen. They assume that because Helen was also an "Elder" then she had to be as old as Claire's mother, Dianne. But this is NOT the case. Here's the excerpt that shows Helen is quite a catch, and is no older than the cheating Claire:

~

"Steve's mind whirled to his recollection of meeting the two women. Helen was a widow from a young age, Steve guessed she was around his wife's age, with long black hair and deep brown eyes; she maintained a trim figure and was certainly an attractive woman."

~

So there we have it. Steve definitely traded up, not down. I like Helen and her wicked sense of mischief when dealing it to Claire, and her ability to not give a stuff what other people think. That she fitted right in with Steve and his two daughters is no surprise at all, and I can imagine the daughters accepting her as a friend and surrogate mother.

~

Still a neat little story, and a five from me, thanks.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

Helen's smile broke through properly as she began, "What if you were to stay with me for a week, no funny business but we don't need to let Claire and Dianne know that. We say I felt honor bound to undertake 'the arrangement' which was offered in my name as an elder. That way you get to give Claire a taste of her own medicine and I get to torment Dianne for involving my name with all this nonsense." was that really suppose to fix things? or was that a revenge thing.

irinmikeirinmikeabout 2 years ago

Not one of the authors better stories in my opinion. Wife wants to go with him on his trip. He says no and then is all pissed off when she fufills her “duty”.

SamanthaSmithSamanthaSmithabout 2 years ago

Love this story! Ancient customs based on a community's needs for survival provoke my imagination; thoughts of defying current beliefs to comply with long lost or forgotten customs, such as in the story, gives me goose bumps.

KRD19254KRD19254about 2 years ago

The premise was interesting but Steve missed a few very relevant points of logic in his arguments that would have put her on her ass, especially in front of his daughters.

\

Some interesting facts, if true, April Fools day and more from the transcript.

\

I hope Helen and Steve have a good life...

\

4*, hooyah....

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

Novel idea or tradition

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Small island he never met the asswipes willing to screw a married woman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Similar story to 'She was gifted'

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Why

Why didn't Claire have the finances to keep the house,it was paid for.If she didn't keep the house,where did she live?.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Great story, a little sloppy at the end, but still very entertaining

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Married to him for so long and she didn't know him enough to guess how it would end

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The ONLY acceptable solution to this plot is to tie all the women involved to the trees, and then burn everything!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah this doesn't seem realistic. She clearly never knew her husband. In this version of No Reply, the betrayal and lies are so egregious that reconciliation is never really possible. At keastbin No Reply, the wife told him upfront. There are other versions of No Reply that are better or worse than the original. But in this one, therr is no gray area. The wife is just a cheating slut. Maybe if the story had been that she got talked into the tradition of the one single night with Glen as it was actually practiced and then backed out and did NOT sleep with Jake, then maybe. I don't get why the MC did not confront Claire about the weeks vs single night betrayal. Nada. Missed opportunity by the author. Anyways her lies and deceits were so bad, topping off her lying to their daughters which probably sealed the deal, when it shouldn't have ever gotten that far. Btw even in a week of screwing a young guy unless really skilled and hung, is not going to outdo a husband of many years (barring physical problems or being a crappy lover) in a week. It would be about the excitement, the stamina, and the illicit aspect for a thrill. No way in 7 nights, he would be rocking her world and causing her to reminisce about hoew wonderful the sex was at the expense of her guilt. Nah she is just a slut and this why we'll written (except for missed opportunities) is not nearly as good as No Reply or some of its variants. Btw No Reply - Husband's Response is by far the best continuation. Much better than No Reply - Answered which comes up with an unbelievable RAAC for the purpose of getting back at the wife and making her feel his pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@Pencarrow, the issue is not whether Helen is older than Claire, it is whether or not Claire is an 18 to 20 yo, sexually inexperienced female who is enthusiastic about the prospect of an older male teaching her how to please a man and how to allow a man to please her. For the husband to be compensated, he must receive the same experience that was so attractive to his wife that she betrayed her vows to him. Helen may be an improvement over Claire, but it has been a long time since she was a horny virgin on the cusp of adulthood yearning for the touch of her sexual mentor.

PencarrowPencarrowabout 1 year ago
IN REPLY TO THE PREVIOUS COMMENT BY ANONYMOUSE

First up, thanks for reading my older comment and taking the time to respond. If you're like me, then you may often find that the comments can be more interesting than the story (and I'm not suggesting this story is not interesting because it is),.

~

As to Helen vs Claire, I disagree with your premise. I guess it all depends on what one's goal is in life. If it were me, then I'd rather end up with a mature woman I could love, trust, and share my life with as opposed to getting a few "good fucks" with a younger, more virile woman just to get even with Claire.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Took him long enough but he eventually escaped the coven. Probably should have been gone the instant she confessed she was willing. But at least he left. Hallelujah!

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Obviously one of your earlier works. Your writing skills have continued to improve in your newer stories. Congrats, keep writing.

The ending when their relationship finally failed once and for all was kind of disorganized and confusing to read. The intent was clear and the final resolution made sense but, a little more time taken and more clearly defined conversations between Steve, Claire and their kids would have improved the readability and enjoyment of the part of the story.

One lingering question I have is, was Glen really the first time Claire betrayed their marriage vows? She's gone back to the island by herself on a regular basis during the entire time they lived in London. Why would Dianne have waited until the last two years to try to convince Claire to participate in the tradition? Unless there were no other suitable young men until Glen came along?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Authors weaken stories like this when they have the betrayed husband contemplating reconciliation. In an outrageous case like this, IRL a man would walk away immediately. X years of marriage would not be a consideration You don't tolerate treachery, and that lesson needs to be taught to the children.

There's a similar story set in the Scottish Highlands.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

For a start, the UK age of majority in the 1950's was 21 not 18. As for the rest, while it's well written, only a woman would have a male MC reacting to this kind of calculated betrayal the way this guy does. I'm sorry but it's just not believable.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Got tired of being the foolish doormat-- finally.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Brilliant creativity. A unique story background. You have a gifted mind and I love your stories.

NitpicNitpic9 months ago
Why

Why wouldn't Claire have the finances to keep the house going,it was bought and she was working?.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The comments below fail to draw a distinction between the Age of Majority and the Age of Consent in the UK. The Age of Majority refers to the age at which an individual can begin to enter into legal contacts with others. The Age of Consent refers to when an individual is considered sufficiently mature to be able to make choices regarding their sexual involvement with others who are also competent to make such decisions. The Age of Majority in the UK is 18 years in 2023. It was 21 years until lowered in 1969. The Age of Consent is actually 16 years (with all due respect to Literotica's rule that all sexually active characters in published stories be a minimum of 18), having been set at that point in 1885. It was raised to 17 years for Northern Ireland in 1950 but was returned to 16 years in 2008. There were higher age requirements for consent to homosexual activity in the past but parity with the heterosexual activity age requirement was established in 2000.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

well MC was way too passive, but at least he did finally split and get it on w/ Helen, so thats good, Glad the island treated the women like pariahs but they(the village )shld also have shunned the well hung fraziers. The wife was a slut and deserved what she got as all cheating wives shld but often dont, pay a just price.

--some anonymouse said that the wife never knew her husband, i call BS. She knew he wldnt approve or like anything about the "tradition" which is actually just old bags pinning for their possibly celibate yout and wanting to put one over on their unloved? taken for granted? boring husbands. She knew his reaction and choice, so she kept him in the dark and cheated for her own selfish reasons, none of which were defensible or deserved reconciliation. rk

Wiz1002Wiz1002about 1 month ago

I’m sure I’ve read this story before as all the scenes seemed familiar, but didn’t score it (which I normally do to every story I read), so maybe it was an alternative similar one??!!

Anyway I enjoyed reading it as the sequel came into my notifications and wanted to familiarise myself with the story before reading Ch2.

I found it entertaining even though it wasn’t overly sexually explicit, and was pleased with the ending. It will now be very entertaining to see how ch2 works out and how the protagonists are involved, if they still are!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersatindesires@satindesires
I like the loving wives category but it can be difficult to come up with something different and the comments can be ruthless. I try to explore alternate realities or situations with angst. The stories are fantasy and nowhere near realism, most are a bit tongue in cheek, pleas...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES