All Comments on 'Trans People as Fetish Objects'

by Pest999

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

FFS, who's bothered? get off your soapbox.

BuddingCloverBuddingCloverover 2 years ago

"who's bothered?"

Well, clearly you, Anonymous commentor whose feathers were so ruffled that you felt the need to verbally lash out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You know, I’m a cishet-passing guy and I really appreciated this. I hope you keep writing these and recognize that there’s an audience—even among those of us who are still figuring out how to find out, and what coming out even means. As I open up about my queer gender identity, I find myself really wanting to see more realistic and respectful representations of trans people, not to mention nonbinary and genderfluid people, and crossdressers. Most of what’s on this site either fetishizes trans people (mostly women) or else is about shame and emasculation, like making crossdressing a punishment. I’m really tired of not having stories—erotic and otherwise—that feature people who just happen to be queer; or who, like me, find fulfillment in expressing themselves off the gender binary and sometimes also feel that fulfillment in their sex lives, too.

StrattonChambersStrattonChambersover 2 years ago

Read my series The Girl With Something Extra. I think it’s what you’re talking about. Admittedly I have no experience with trans people, but I have tried to write about her as a person, not as a transsexual. If you like, we can talk more.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Glad to see someone writing about this. I'm not even trans and I'm always made so uncomfortable by the way trans people are described in most of the stories that feature them on this site.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPest999@Pest999
Avid reader, budding essayist, transwoman, poet, guitarist, songwriter, raconteur. Just recently started posting a series of essays on being transgender.