Transitions Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you, Milord, my three ringers will make it happen."

"Daniel, how far in advance do you normally plan for?"

"Seven to ten years Milord."

'His Lordship bellowed in laughter, "Remind me never to play chess with you. You are giving my companies a five-year jump on everyone else."

"That is the idea Milord, be in full production before the others think of the concept. We would never have a conflict of interest."

When the three people came in on their first day they were escorted to the first-floor break room; there were several others already there. Up on the second floor, Daniel told everyone to stop work and follow her downstairs.

As all were finally assembled, Daniel said, "Welcome team, I know many of you don't know each other so take the next two hours to get to know each other. I want you to know one thing up front, I will not stand for deadwood. I have the quickest 'Fire' trigger in the company. We do everything as a team, when everyone is done all of you will come up to your office on the seventh floor.

At noon, everyone migrated up to the seventh floor, many missing out on why their office was there.

All their desks had nameplates and were arranged by group or sub group. They were all in circles, signifying that they were all equals to each other.

Each desk had a contract and a pen sitting on it. Daniel had crafted the contract so there was no mention of any kind of money in anyway. Daniel wanted to see who would trust her.

Everyone quickly signed their contracts; they knew Daniel would do right by them.

Daniel collected the contracts, went into her office and shut the door.

It was just a matter of time before someone opened their center drawer of their desk. There was an envelope with an addendum to the contract going through all the items Daniel had omitted from the original contract. A signing bonus check and additional forms were also included.

Only executives had offices on the seventh floor.

Amy knocked on 'His Lordship's' office.

"Enter."

As Amy entered she said, "Milord, at the risk of crossing the family-business line, I want to ask a favor of you. I think you are the appropriate person to ask."

"Go on Amy."

"Well Milord, Daniel is having more nightmares, could you move another bed into her room? I want to be there to comfort her. She should feel safe with a family member at her side."

"Amy, it will be ready tonight. I think the long hours are catching up with her. Can you take her to a doctor to make sure she is healthy? If you need other help ask 'Her Ladyship', she will make arrangements."

It was summer and 'Her Ladyship' had a plan.

"Daniel, can I speak to you for a moment please?"

"Yes, Milady, how can I help you?"

"Daniel, how would you feel about working shorter hours on some select days and take the kids out to a baseball game or circus or some other special event they would enjoy? You know you love them, and it may stimulate your brain more than work does."

"A circus Milady?"

"Yes, Daniel, there just happens to be one not far from here," 'Her Ladyship' smiled after the remark.

"Thank you, Milady, I will telephone all the parents."

That night, Daniel had a screaming nightmare. Amy hit the intercom, "Milady, can you come to Daniel's room please?'

Amy shook Daniel, "Daniel, Daniel wake up! Daniel, it is Amy, your sister!"

Daniel groggily said "Amy?"

Amy said, "Yes, Amy your sister, there is Milady, you are at 'His Lordship's' manor house. You are safe. I have never lied to you before and I don't intend to ever start.

"Manor house?"

"Daniel if someone tries to hurt you, they will have to go through me, Milady, 'His Lordship', the entire staff, and the entire town for that matter. You are too precious to us."

The lady's maid came in, "Miss Daniel, I brought you some warm milk and honey to help you sleep. Anyone who plans on hurting you better plan on leveling the entire town."

Daniel was confused, "Why would you do that for me?"

"We care for you. 'Her Ladyship' wouldn't be here if she didn't. She will help you in any way she can to get rid of these terrible nightmares and have you be happy.

Surely, you know how the entire town feels about you. If you don't know, just go to market today to remind yourself."

Daniel just broke down in tears and started to babel. Amy put the cup on the side table and hugged her sister until Daniel fell asleep.

"Milady, do you think we could get a large rocking chair to be brought in this room. I may have to rock Daniel to sleep some nights."

That weekend was the circus trip. There were so many kids, there had to be five extra parents to manage the group. Amy came to sit next to Daniel.

Some of the kids were disappointed that there weren't any animals at the show.

The show was totally captivating for both adults and kids.

Amy saw a sparkle in Daniel's eyes. She had a childlike expression.

Daniel was excited, she could not wait to get home.

When 'Her Ladyship' saw the pair come back from the circus she made a fatal mistake . . . she asked Daniel how the circus was.

'Her Ladyship' was not expecting Daniel to prattle on and on about every detail of the circus.

That night she slept all the way through the night, something she had not done in months. She was refreshed. After a week, people started to notice.

'Her Ladyship' came to Daniel, "Daniel, Amy tells me you are sleeping all night long now, what happened?"

"Well, Milady, when we went to circus I knew I was going to have a good time. The kids were so excited. I promised myself to remember that night. So, I memorized everything I saw. Now, I have a happy time, the circus, on my mind and not a terrible time. I think I will still have nightmares, but hopefully not so many or as bad as what I was having."

Daniel promised, at least for the summer, to leave the weekends free.

One night during supper Daniel asked, "Milord, can we have a swimming pool and barbecue party? I think the kids will help me; maybe we can pack so many happy times in me the sad times will disappear."

Saturday was hot! Everyone brought their swimsuits. 'His Lordship' was manning the grill cooking the dogs, burgers and chicken while having a good time chatting with some of the townspeople.

Daniel was walking around the pool drinking her real lemonade. Two children picked out the perfect moment, then sprang into action, grabbing both of Daniel's wrists, the triple splash got everyone soaked. Daniel stayed in the pool and played with the kids.

Then someone ran out of the house, 'His Lordship' could only watch. 'Her Ladyship', donning her blue one piece, disappeared into the deep end. Everyone was having a great time and the pool was perfect for the day.

About 1:00 PM a late arrival came. 'His Lordship' held his breath, 'Her Ladyship' got out of the pool and came and brought the new arrival into the house. Minutes later, both came out sporting bathing suits.

The woman was crying as she accepted a burger and some lemonade.

"How can you be so kind to me? We were so frightfully mean to you for no reason."

'Her Ladyship' said, "As you can see, everyone is welcome at my house, everyone is having a good time. You may have been mean to me in the past, but you are here. You are required to have fun."

Phase One of Daniel's plan was now complete. Phase Two would require many rotations to get the new members to become experts. She planned the rotations so the last rotation would be at the final spot.

Daniel had a notebook that had every person's name in it, what she wanted them to learn and what problems they were having. It also included future plans.

Daniel's 'Three ringers' took more of a mentoring role; the three constantly brain stormed. Daniel's plan was impossible, but their teammates will be looking for their leadership as they prepared to navigate the minefields.

Daniel took to hanging photos of various events all around her office; kids seemed to be a constant with the events. She had a picture of 'His Lordship, 'Her Ladyship', the lady's maid, Amy and herself in a picture frame standing on her desk. On the back of the photo she wrote, "We care for you." The digital frame with the SD card was in the bottom file drawer.

12