All Comments on 'Traveler'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 296 Comments (Page 3)
Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

That was a very good, lovely romantic tale.

Though I am not a fan of romance books or stories,

but not hard-hearted enough not to feel good for a very good well-written story of love.

And I was (unfortunately?) was listening accidentally to a cover of the song "Island in the Stream" of Ray Dylan/Elizma Theron. Very apt song to this story, I think.

Thanks, laptopwriter.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story,though I don't think he should have gone back to her.She never gave him a chance to defend himself,you don't do that if you truly love some one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story. Kind of unrealistic. People generally don't just pick up and leave for three years disappearing entirely. Like I said a well written fantasy but in real life, he would not abandon his mother like that for three years. Regardless of what he would only learn later. And Dawn learned the truth in what like a week or so? Felt guilty all the time. Worked her best to try to find him. And if the MC had just shown up once in a reasonable time frame, they would have gotten past that. Once they started talking all the dialog of what each experienced would have come up. The three years made the emotional separation more believable but stretched credibility because it would have never gone on that long. Still good to read.

SeaChangerSeaChangeralmost 2 years ago

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was thee.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonalmost 2 years ago

You never fail to enthrall me with your stories! Thanks for the laughs and tears yet again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Laptopwriter, your stories are good but this one is in a class of it's own. It is filled with many great elements. Your stories often leave me deep in thought, reflecting on many things in my life. So while quite entertaining, your strength is in your ability to move people on a deep emotional level and I want to thank you for sharing that incredible gift with us...!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am not a fan of love conquers all. In real life it cannot overcome damage residue from many circumstances. This is the best of your tales I have read. It is as real as fiction gets,because of that it's a great read. It is well written and has a good story line. Except for a few, I have bypassed your stories as I dislike unrealistic stories of men who accept acts of infidelity...5 stars for this one...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I found this story to follow a well thought out plan and executed it perfectly. It kept me interested from the start through the end. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Still find the reconciliation unrealistic, ruins an otherwise perfect story

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[04.10.22]

The twist with Al's mom being the 'Loving Wife' was just brill!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good writing. I would have liked it better if Al had been a little more human and a little less saintly.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

Just re-read this. Still a fantastic 5* read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't get why Al ran. Yes he had been rejected by everyone he knew but Shannon did not go to the police. Even with a supposed witness he knows he is being framed. He wasn't drunk. He wasn't even there. His critical question of when did it happen was not answered by Dawn. Heck she figures it out soon by herself. Maybe Terry would have continued to go after him if he stayed but AL knew he was innocent. I get the heartbreak of losing Dawn is too much and his cuckolded father is an asshole but he just up and tossee his life away. A rape charge is not an easy thing to make stick even in cases where it does actually happen (which is depressing in its own right). Shannon had not even gone to the school. So what if word of mouth spreads. He is a top student. He will graduate soon. Unless Terry uses his money to blackmail him, his future will be unaffected beyond being heartbroken. Staying for even a few days would have revealed the frame. Even if it didn't, he gets the evil stink eye from people on campus Nland graduates. Terry would only push so far. Worst case he runs later if it all gets too much. He bolted so immediately and completely. Well written story but without going to the cops or campus police, the alleged rape at most affects his relationship with Dawn and his social life. Even if he is never cleared, no way will follow him around unless Terry keeps after him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. A testament to the perils of snap decisions. Best friend accuses your fiancee of rape and a guy who claims to be a friend to Al but you know had the hots for you is a supposed witness (not of the actual act btw), well obviously don't wait for the dust to settle, crucify the innocent fiancee. And just other make sure, don't suspect why Shannon won't report it, don't tell the love of your life when it happened or who is the witness. Any one of those being answered would have blown up thr conspiracy. And in the end, she takes her about a week to figure out he had nothing to do with it and was all a lie. Yep her snap decision was not prudent. But then AL is just as impulsive. Falsely accused of rape, no charges to police or university, mean, uncaring father, fiancee has ended your relationship and believe the lying bestie, convinced rumors will spread across campus like wildfire and follow you forever? Well heck too your phone into a field, take all your money out of the bank, abandon your mom, ditch school though soon to graduate, leave all your stuff in your room (huh?) to be tossed out by university and yeah take a 1000 mile bike trip across to New England and work on a fishing trawler. No need to wait to fight for your honor and reputation, or to confront your accuser or get an attorney with your $3100. Nah just wallow in slef misery and ditch everyone. How did that work out for the MC? And meanwhile he has been banging Coral for years as a FWB, and Dawn hasn't dated for 3 years despite Brad seriously carrying a torch for her, but hey in the parking lot, God fobid if she went on a date even once with Brad, he would consider her to have chosen the other man, even after he left in anger previously and told herntondate the guy. Why the heck does that matter? She pined away for years and at least saw he was alive and he had no intention of having any relationship with her, but heynifnshe dated Brad even once, heck even smooched in the parking lot or held hands, he would be so out of there. Huh? That being said the emotional tenor of thr story was excellent. Mom being a LW is a twist. But to be honest the best story arc was Dawn who also suffered for those 3 years also wracked by guilt. She thought he was dead. She was a fully developed character going through so many emotional states. At least they reconciled. The way she went to him in the parking lot should make her intentions clear. 5*

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

One of my favorite stories by one of my favorite authors. So. Damn. Good.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

Great story which gripped me to the end, but I felt that it was more Romance than LW. 5 stars and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story 5 stars !

When everyone close to you in your life turns against you I get why Al would make a rash decision and leave. The only part I dont get is why didnt he move on and marry someone else, Dawn is nice but she didnt love him enough to believe hes not a rapist.

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

Shouldnt this be in the Romance section? Great read though

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

3 Stars on this one . I knew a girl who had accused her boyfriend of rape . She made his life a living hell , Me and 2 of my friends had his back and when everyone found out that she had lied they did nothing to her .. I mean no jail time or anything . Mean while he had to move away as the Rape charged followed him for a long time . I have no idea where Mike is but last I knew he was in the service and happily married

Jlyn1Jlyn1over 1 year ago

Wonderful 😊

bose181bose181over 1 year ago

Yay Stonington! I'm originally from outside of Chicago, and now live in CT. The coast has some lovely and special towns, and I was just there in the summer to spend a lovely day. Great story, a little hard to buy in the beginning with the rape story, but good to read nonetheless.

woodrangewoodrangeover 1 year ago

An even better one

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - just a good read to while away a few hours in this new year 2023.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Roommate needed an ass kicking

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

Are couples in long relationships really that reactionary? I just don't understand people

giving up on each other so easily after years together. I understand if someone or two

someone's didn't do something really stupid there wouldn't be any foundation for one of

these stories, but it's still sad thinking this could really happen with normal people.

That opinion aside, you write beautifully and make the reader feel the consternation and

pain.. Very nice work! ***** 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sweet story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Laptopwriter, You have amazed me again. A fantastic Romance.

THC

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had already read the story once and was able to skip a lot of some of the sections. Oh, before I leave, it was better the 2nd time. 5 stars. Thanks, again, Laptopwriter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked your story. You were right on target with the MC's emotions, especially once he found a place to settle down in. As in true life, he made himself a survivor. After 3 years it was a little to glossed over for me, but the happy ending was a nice touch. Hopefully, life will take note of your story and adjust accordingly... Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. But as commenter from 4 months earlier pointed out, why did AL run?

gbamin9gbamin9over 1 year ago

I‘ve had tears in my eyes. Thank you for a great story.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Just reread this, what a beautiful story, l too had tears in my eyes. Lovely work Laptopwriter

I gave this 5/5 originally and give it 5/5 again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Been there, done that. Laptopwriter is one of my favorite Literotica authors, close to Richard Gerald. Part of the reason for the Literatura part of this site. Well done... well done... well.... done. This story struck closer to home than was comfortable though. I went through eerily similar circumstances decades ago in my youth and damn near dropped off the edge of the world for almost a decade. Ended up that entire time in a whole other part of the world, actually close to today's Ukraine conflict, met someone, had a partner and a child, then went home after a breakup to resume a presumably abandoned relationship which has since lasted through 34 years of marriage. Never lost the affection for that foreign place with wonderful places from Nicosia to Istanbul and up to Danubia even in the Cold War era. Been back with my wife as of 2022 to meet old friends and their family. Laptopwriter has the gift of capturing the moral imagination in the ways of good novelists and this is, as Wargamer put it, "lovely work". Only difference is I still wished I had retired to Cyprus but not with a now ailing wife. Thanks from an old retired college professor.

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

amigo, cuando te lo propones eres notable!

gracias por compartir!

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 year ago

Not very often a story on this site has me with tears in the corner of my eyes. This one did it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great romance & what SteelPaperT said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too long.

Too many typos.

Not a Loving Wives story.

FWBs don’t kiss?

As to the plot, if Al had such a solid alibi, why didn’t he just use it when he was accused?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

3 Stars as I would not marry a girl who did not believe in Me . I had a Great Dad and Mom and i miss them passing on so early in life

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

First cut is the deepest.

Accusations, especially wrongful ones can ruin a person's life and future. Got the scratchmarks on my behind to prove it.

Otherwise 5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Love your stories but there is absolutely no way he should have taken Shannon back, fuck that. She was his past and he needed to move on to someone who would believe him or at least let him defend himself.

RolwageRolwage12 months ago

Six star story. Wonderful story line, well written and ticked every box I have.

Thank you so much.

newford9bnewford9b11 months ago

An excellent story 5 stars once again. To all the anonymous detractors it's only a story, a tale, a well written piece of fiction from the mind of a creator .

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

Mushy, mushy, mushy, but a very good story. 5 stars

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

Thanks for writing this

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The bitch didn't deserve him.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

thank you thank you. wish there had been a scene where Dawn and Coral "talked."

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

When I got to the bottom and found that I had 8 more to read, I gave up. Life is too short

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I first read this story a couple of years ago. I love the creativity in the stories from this author. The storytelling is compelling and makes me wanting more pages and more stories! Thank you for your stories. I loved Traveler.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story, LTW, I think it’s one of your best.

Thanks for sharing.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very nice story. I don't understand a couple of things that many of these stories have in common. Most of these guys find women who are so desperate to get laid that they accept a friends with benefits relationship with no thoughts of it turning into a marriage or long lasting love relationship. Perhaps that's a fantasy of men to simply have someone at their beck and call with whom to have sex and no strings attached but that's not real life. The second is that many of the characters are so selfless as to want their ex-significant others to be happy at their own expense. In this story, the women was so in love that she never had a boyfriend for years but it was expected that he would, if for not other reason than to have sex because as we all know, men in their sexual prime can't go without sex, with or without a girfriend for more than a month. Generally speaking that too is not real life. When relationships are concerned people just aren't that perfect and sex, while desired, isn't absolutely essential to our lives and even married, their sexual lives are not "every night"

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

If you're still checking comments all these years later just add this one to the "All Positives" and "Definite 5''s" list.

Only one quibble:

It was all about the nature of love and should have been in the Romance category. But who cares--it's all good.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

My only real issue is that Dawn wanted to meet coral and they became friends. Really? The guy your love shacked up with for three years?

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades9 months ago

Great ending to a great story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Top story. Top writer.

RetiredScientist1943RetiredScientist19439 months ago

An absolutely terrific story. It reminded me of something I learned during my prolonged depression several years ago: Turn towards the pain not away from it.

mrdata9770mrdata97709 months ago

(8/28/2023) Thank you! Five stars and on my list.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

I really like this story, thanks for writing it. Like the nickname "Traveler" as it just sets it apart from other stories.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594197 months ago

I enjoyed this story. A little long good build up and the ending was a 50/50 for me.

🙊🙉🙈

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another read for me, and once again, Five stars. A tale told really well, with some small glitches that do nothing to take away from enjoyment.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Painful isolation from a shunned gaslit past. (Like Joseph of the rainbow coat framed by Mrs. Potiphor)

Learning to fish as rugged occupational therapy like Simon Peter rebuilding his confidence with an adopted family. Reconnecting with his birth family and learning his real source.

His old fiance remorseful rekindled love and happily marries with new family. Peace.

mariverzmariverz7 months ago

Solo una cosa respecto al esposo de la madre del MC.

O te divorcias de la perra o cierras los ojos y haces la vista gorda.

Un niño NUNCA es culpable ni debe ser maltratado ni física ni sicólogamente por los pecados de otra persona.

Fuera de ese punto de la trama... una excelente lectura.

Gracias!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

4 Stars on this one . She accused him of Raping her friend . Rapist and child molesters have their a special place in Prison . Seems they fall down a lot around the other inmates . I could never imagine taking back a girl who accused me of rape .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent story. Yes Dawn made a mistake, but note it did not take her long between her own second guessing and seeing the inroads from Terry and the weird vibes from Shannon, even before confirmation by Al's boss at the restaurant, to discover the truth.

Surprised Al just ran. He could have pushed back on Shannon for false charges. He knew he was innocent. He didn't even ask or know about what night the "rape" supposedly occurred. At least it wasn't clear if he knew. If he did know and refused to even cough up his alibi then regardless of splitting up with Dawn, he was a huge idiot. Just stay, finish your degree and move on. As such it makes more sense that he didn't know and given his asshole father and weak mother and losing Dawn to the slanderous charges of her supposed friend, and that he just didn't bother to fight and simply ran away, concocting whatever paranoid ideas he had in his head about why Dawn believed Shannon.

Again while it was probably communicated off page between them later, her devotion to trying to find out where he went, was he alive, and her own guilt were powerful drivers on her life, from just a week or so after he departed to until she got the video clip of his saving the dog.

Seriously, Dawn is not the villain here, despite what many commenters assert. Terry is a villain. Shannon is a traitorous bitch. And Al's father Ralph is a vindictive asshole who delighted in torturing his wife's son. His mother was a slut, with a one time slip, only a year into her marriage, sleeping with her ex boyfriend purely for lust, and she was a coward as after the discovery, she allowed Ralph to torture her son and berate her and force her to take whatever verbal punishment he could dole out. Al's mom was a coward wracked with guilt. She should have divorced Ralph, in order to give her son a chance at a real life.

Glad they figured it out. It obviously didn't take much once they tried to work things out. It was getting yo that point that was so difficult. Except for her two weeks of growing uncertainty after the showdown, she never stopped loving him and did not date. Brad was not a bad guy either. He just had no chance when Al moved back to Chicago.

Great story. Clear 5 stars!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good one, although it's missing any payback on Trey.

brownlabbrownlab6 months ago

Thank you again what an amazing imagination. I have really enjoyed you weighting. J2

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A 5, no doubt. Pet peeve: your not you’re please.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This story is stupid! Why would a real man give up on his university degree just because he broke up with his girlfriend? Only simps s]do that!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

Great story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why would he have anything to do with a woman that didn't fully trust him or even a mother that wouldn't protect her own son..... Pathetic characters

hank_rosehank_rose5 months ago

Great story!! So glad you put it in Loving Wives, rather than Romance (where it probably would've fit better), because otherwise I wouldn't have found it. Keep up the great work. Love reading your work.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Amazing how many posting as anonymous lack reading comprehension skills. An author lays out his story explains the motivations of characters for actions taken or not taken, and still gets (shallow) questions or statements that reflect the lack of understanding by the commentator.

Anyway, great story, well laid out.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

Grate story 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great read... But the bitch friend and the douche from college got away Scott free. Atleast she helped in finding him for her. I was going to be so disappointed if the bitch friend reconcile with them but happily that didn't happen. She must have a screw loose if she thought she was looking out for her friend that way. And yes was really pissed at dawn when she didn't even believe him or gave him the benefit of doubt,but in the end she redeemed herself and truly loved the mc. And piss poor excuse of parents the mc got. I feel for the mc father but in no way do i condone his actions.

newford9bnewford9b3 months ago

In my humble opinion, still one of the best stories from one of the best storytellers on this site

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well to all who say "They are such a happy couple", I say "You have never been falsely accused of RAPE".

BlueEyd2BlueEyd23 months ago

Wonderful, thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Al ran like a little bitch and then gets back with the bitch Dawn. Dumb fuck

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

2 Stars on this one . I do not blame Al for running away . I knew a guy in high school whose girl friend accused him of rape . He moved far away because everyone thought he had done it . He joined the Marines after he was found innocent . He served 20 years then became a postman on the west coast . His wife and 2 daughters know as do about 20 other people . The girl that had accused him of rape married a nice guy . I made sure she never came around Me or my friends . I would rather be accused of murder then rape

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

A really good story, nicely set up plot and the characters were believable

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Five star Laptop special.

Schwanze1Schwanze12 months ago

Good story again but Coral was a manipulative cunt. In my mind, when Coral said no nookie till he talked to his mom, he climbed on his bike and headed for Florida.

kalash777kalash7772 months ago

Do I really have to write anything here? It's very good as always! Many thanks and keep writing.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

This was a very unusual loving wives tale (I mean, asides from there being no actual wife until the very end) but I liked the conflict/betrayal a lot as the cluster that the story is wrapped around. The only thing I didn't really like was that I felt that some of the new england parts were over-long. I mean, we all know that Al has to heal and such, but the progress was slow and really things didn't change that much for him until he was back interacting with the main characters of his drama - His mom and dad and Dawn. Maybe this story could have been a bit tighter and a page or two shorter and come to the same satisfactory conclusion. That being said, the Dawn parts were excellent and enjoyable. I do love a good change in POV, especially in this case where you get a real sense for how devastated Dawn is that Al is missing and the thought that he might be dead. I was like emotional candy, just mindless deliciousness. Overall, a really great story - 5/5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Do you think Dawn ever forgave Sharon? I like to think maybe she did. Maybe Sharon begs Al for forgiveness and it lets Dawn sooth some of her rage at her betrayal. Who knows?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story. I truly enjoyed it.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiverabout 2 months ago

One of your best!!!

Thanks for sharing!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 month ago

Well, that was a pretty sappy store but a darn good one! 5 stars

OlefishermanOlefishermanabout 1 month ago

Sometimes you are two parts of a horse,author. The head or the ass. With this story you made the head.

drnostydrnosty14 days ago

A truly engrossing, enjoyable and believable read. Thanks for sharing. A definite five stars.

Omart57Omart5713 days ago

Still love this story! Thanks again for writing this, LTW!

bob4300sbob4300s9 days ago

One of your best!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman6 days ago

Excellent! 1 of your best stories

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous