All Comments on 'Truth of the Matter'

by WantABWriter

Sort by:
  • 107 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There are some good things, but also problems.

The editing was horrendous because plot conflicts were not caught and corrected and there were many peeling and grammas errors. These detract from the story. The starting potential was 5, but too many things kept being distracting.

In the end the author wanted to wrap things up for the reader, a noble gesture. The cheating wife found true love again a boig plus. She learned her lessons. The punishment of Ann was ridiculous, and few would care about her anyway, as she was a complete mental case and should have been institutionalised. Best lesson, be careful who you trust. What is the old saying: Trust but verify! (Spoken by President Ronald Reagan. It comes from an old Russian rhyming proverb- – Doveryai, no proveryai – and literally means that a responsible person always verifies everything before committing himself to a common business with anyone, even if that anyone is totally trustworthy.

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

Did nothing to improve on the horrible original story.... Maybe made it worse. She finally realized her friend lied? Wouldn't talk to her husband about it? Maybe shit the two down to figure things out. Fuck if she really right he raped her why the fuck would she want him back? If she didn't then she knows her friend is lying... So if she's lying a little why not a lot? Most important part of the story want addressed though .. Why the fuck did Anne lie?

Boardman68Boardman689 months ago

Geez, with friends like Ann who needs enemies???

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Connie just could not believe her husband that nothing happened. Zero doubt. And nothing changed. No self reflection. Just a caricature of a harridan who values her traitorous friend more than her husband, who she admits to cheating on a couple weeks before marrying. Ann was a crappy liar. But Connie swallowed it whole. There is no improvement or growth on her Connie's character as evidenced by her vitriol at Cathy (who admittedly hated her and milked it). Rambled near the end.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Cheating bitch won’t get much action with those tattoos.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So let me get this straight:

Connie starts off her new life LYING to the person she wants to marry (He wants children-highly unlikely for her).

Connie never tells her husband that she herself blew up the marriage.

Connie has multiple partners but does not get infected. Ann, who Connie KNEW was a slut, gets all the payback.

Must be nice to live in Connie's world.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I hate that nothing bad really happened to Connie. Looks like at a young age all is well and she has a guy chasing after her. A guy that knows this woman has Zero character and credibility.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous