All Comments on 'Tube Adventures'

by jackson1863

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Poor

You lost me in the first sentence. The use of abbreviations in a story is a no, no.

jackson1863jackson1863over 4 years agoAuthor
Easily Lost.

Anonymous, you had better have a chat with some of the most popular, multi-million selling novelists currently writing. They all use abbreviations and are flexible with their use of grammar and style. No language is rigid in its written form.

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
I'm with jackson1863 here...

...the use of abbreviations in fiction writing is perfectly acceptable and normal. It makes the story flow more easily, like conversation. I've been writing since Moses was a lad and I've never seen or heard of any readers complaining about abbreviations until now. Yes, you could write a story with every single word written as it appears in a thesaurus but I think it would quickly sound stilted and pedantic. Save the perfect language for non-fiction or scholarly theses; allow fiction to look and sound natural.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjackson1863@jackson1863
I am fascinated by life and by people. My profession is engineering via service in the military. I have travelled the world and it will be one journey I intend to keep the wheels turning on. I read and I write at every opportunity, and I also like to draw, paint and paint some...