All Comments on 'Two Broken Roads Ch. 01'

by BarryJames1952

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So...

is the flighty cheater fighting a case of "what the fuck have I done?"

I sure as shit hope so.

Good call by our hero, saying "no" to her wanting to talk to/see him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good start

I think this has a lot of potential. I just hope that the 5 parts are not dragged out. Keep up the good start

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 4 years ago

Excellent start Barry! Excited for the next chapter. Love the interactions with Sarah and Bobby.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 4 years ago

I do do hope this bitch gets what's coming to her. She deserves a lifetime of regret.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
So far, so good.

I am very interested to see where this goes. It almost seems like a Loving Wives story tossed into Romance. Well done thus far. I will be looking for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sounds familiar

45 years ago I got home from work one day and found half the furniture gone and letter on the telephone that said she was taking our two girls and moving half way across the continent. I also had friends who came and spent that first night with me, although there was no sleep happening. Took me years to admit it, but finally figured out that she had left me for another woman...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I'm hooked

Keep the story coming. I anxiously await the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good start and he kept his dignity...

Left 5 stars. I like how he's holding together...rough...but intact. I do hope she finds the love she thought would be all encompassing to be empty and shallow...I hope he finfs someone better alone her self discovery...

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
Great start

You've set the hook well. I eagerly await the next chapter.

Hooked

SpyauthSpyauthover 4 years ago

Very nicely done

Can't wait for the rest of the story. Keep up the great work. I enjoy your stories.

Spyauth

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago

Very promising start, well written and kept me interested. I hope the next chapters will follow soon.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

Enjoyable, but you just need to learn your times and maths. 3 days is not quite 36 hours!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
YOU'RE WRONG...

Love can be turned on and off. The kind of behavior Megan exhibited would get the job done. And in the real world a man would no longer have the least concern for this woman. She calls to talk? He doesn't answer "what?" he picks up then immediately hangs up. The next day he gets a new number.

Of course the letter gets published so everyone knows she started the cheating Years before.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

"I don't want you saying bad things about Megan"

You need to stop making your protagonists into saints. This is not how people react to betrayal!

Megan had an affair, she lied about being a virgin on their wedding night, she then had an emotional affair with her lover for a year... and is now abandoning the marriage and asking for a divorce. Under those circumstances, nobody would say "you guys should pray for Megan"... unless he's asking them to pray for her to burn in hell!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too many errors

Some look like voice recognition errors. Words missing. Misspellings. Just enough to ruin the flow.

Proofread, proofread, proofread. Or get someone to do it for you.

jalbertjalbertabout 4 years ago
fiction

I know it's fiction. But give the guy some balls. My ex had me served at work. I went home and kicked her ass out.

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 3 years ago
Agree with Powersworder

"You need to stop making your protagonists into saints. This is not how people react to betrayal!"

It's also not how ETHICAL people react to betrayal.

"Please don't be mean to someone who stuck it up my ass. Please be her friend"

"sorry, dude, I don't hang with assholes like her. Not going to start now. She's dead to me as well."

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

"But I will never stop caring about her and I want to see her figure this all out and find some happiness"

Why do the cuck always say this?

Sure honey you lied and cheated, wasted years of my life, but I'll still always love you and hope my misery buys you the happiness you cut out my heart to attain

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Pretty Good

An interesting story, certainly well written. Ben seemed to be a bit of a wimp, in my opinion anyway. And that’s a mindset I have a problem understanding. Particularly when someone as close to you as a wife stabs you in the back. My belief has always been that if you’re family or very close friends, you’re either with me or against me. There is no middle ground. Stab me in the back and you’re as good as dead to me. And friends and relatives who side with you are as dead to me as you are. I’ve been told I’m a bit narrow minded about such situations, but it’s worked for me for many years. And I seriously doubt I’ll change my ways. Loyalty is a two way street. Oh well, I think there’s more of this story to read.

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

*****Very entertaining opening chapter you have got my interest. Thanks for sharing.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Good story. See how the next chapter are. AAAA++++

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Very well written.

Realistic.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

wow JUST pathetic. The LAST thig this story is ... is REALISITIC. The husband who has done NOTHING wrong ....just had his entire life.. his very existence shattered by his wife. he now KNOWS the cunt whore wife lied about her sexual history and their marriage and that she openly admits she NEVER loved hm

.

and he is concerned about her well being ?

LOL

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Good story, but just another we have to talk which she will regret in the end. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She needs to be smacked upside the head (not literally).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good story - very well written. Ben was good to call his friends

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It's very sad that an author has to put in the forward that the characters in the story are people of faith as a warning so as not to offend. Are people of faith that much an oddity and so objectionable that people are offended by reading about them? Wow, how far have we fallen. Great story.

bigurnbigurn9 months ago

This is a good start, but not long enough to get more than a average rating. In the future, maybe combine the first couple of chapters to give readers 3 to 5 pages each time. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

To respond to anonymous about religion in a nutshell yes. Religion has been a scourge to humanity for over two thousand years. Whatever good intentions initially were quickly replaced. It demonised the feminine and surpressed knowledge in all its forms to control the masses. True people of spirit however are a different story.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief6 days ago

What a kick to the nuts! So Ben was just a placeholder until Mr. Wonderful came back for her, what a cunt. It's nice that Ben has friends like Bobby and Sarah but the hurt is still there. Good start, even if it is a little overused in the Loving Wives category but worth four stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarryJames1952@BarryJames1952
I'm an old romantic who is completely in love with my wife. I find reading romances and thinking about romances keeps me focused on how great she is and how much I love her. I am also a man of faith and my writing will reflect that. Yes, Christians like sex too! Often the rom...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories