All Comments on 'Two Broken Roads Ch. 05 - Finale'

by BarryJames1952

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

The story started out great in Chapter one but was then drowned in a sugary sweetness that was just too much for my taste. No challenges, no difficulties, and no problems leave me feeling that the story could have been told with maybe half the length.

For that reason, the first chapter got 5*, the second got 4, then 3 and the last two chapters only 2* each.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 4 years ago

Congrats on another great story Barry! Congrats :)

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
10 lb hershy bar

Way sweeter than im used too. I really enjoyednit and it was a great change. 5 on all,chapters.

oneoldmanoneoldmanover 4 years ago

Wonderful! THANKS FOR the Christian perspective and acknowledging that YES, even Christians enjoy sex. My wife and I shared our pastorates. We will celebrate 60 yrs of marriage this year and, guess what, we still cuddle every night in bed and still enjoy sex spontaneously.

I suppose I'm going to have to read the rest of your stuff as a welcome break from the usual stories presented here.

nestorb30nestorb30over 4 years ago

You have talent, but the storyline was much too saccharine for my tastes

dwoelfledwoelfleover 4 years ago
Thank you for a wonderful romance

This was a lovely romantic tale of two people healing each other. To those who complain it it too sweet, let them read someone else. Loved it.

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Enjoyed the entire series!

Thanks for sharing!

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Enjoyable happy ending, but like others have said, the last few chapters lost their steam as there was no dramatic tension. Without any challenges to face, hearing the characters talk about how wonderful they are gets pretty wearing.

Also be careful about writing to a formula. This is very similar to "Brie Knows".

1) pious virgin marries his soulmate

2) soulmate turns out to be a superslut and wants a divorce

3) saintly husband meets angelic new woman

4) ex-wife gives up whorish ways, finds God, asks for forgiveness.

5) saintly husband refuses to sleep with new girlfriend until the wedding night.

6) they live happily ever after

You've written two versions of this now, so try to come up with something different for the next one. It's a trap I find myself falling into, as I think every writer tends to have an idealised fantasy they prefer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
LOVED HIS DECLARATION...

That's he's not perfect at the end but through the story that's how you portray him. And just how great a friend was Sarah when she lied about not knowing about Megan's boyfriend? Or was that something the author didn't catch during the editing process?

Ok, being a Christian does mean having the capacity for forgiveness but the level your hero takes it to is just farfetched. The real world person would not want to look everyday at the person who admitted that they'd lied,decieved and cheated on him everyday of their relationship. Years of that shit. Yeah, ok. I forgive you, now move along because I can't forget.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Halmark

Like others have said, weak story. Maybe a screen play for Halmark.

teedeedubteedeedubover 4 years ago
A little

saccharin for my taste. But a very nice story. Well written and thought out. I have had similar experiences in my 65 years so I know they are possible. Thanks for sharing.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 4 years ago

2* Again. See my comments for Ch 1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What of the half siblings?

There's a story there as well.

Not to mention their potential half siblings.

I particularly loved the relationship with the girls.

I have an adopted daughter.

She adopted me through not legally.

But the heart cares not for legalities.

In her heart she says I am her dad.

And in my heart she is my daughter.

God is.

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

*****Very enjoyable series. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent. This read like a novel. Characters were interesting and the story flowed. I really liked the fact that God was a main motivation, as it should be. Thank you!

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Very sweet story. I know the religious aspect might rub someone the wrong way but as someone who isn't religious I think it was fine, enjoyable even. Not every character is going to be doing things you agree with and for some people religion is important. One of the few stories where pretty much everyone (save the dead ex-husband and the bastard that took the ex-wife) had a happy ending. 5 star story, very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I need to check my blood levels. I was really good at checking my diabetes but this story is like eating a tub of frosting followed by a quart of ice cream.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very nice story that really hit the spot for me, thank you

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this story on many levels

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why doesn’t he do his own laundry???

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A great story. Loved it. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A heart warm and story.

It's nice to see something wonderful come out of something terrible.

Hold a link people's perhaps but all in all 5 stars.

Thank you for this work

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars isn't even close! Keep up the excellent work!

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

I loved every chapter! Gave every chapter a 5 star rating. Excellent series Sir!

JohnnyRebBBJohnnyRebBBabout 2 years ago

Note to Ben: Never, ever, take off your wife’s stockings before all the rest of her clothing is gone and even then it’s inadvisable

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Wow, what a well written emotionally charged 2nd time around love story. This story described the perfect union between a man and a woman, soulmates as you might say in their most perfect form. The only part of the epilogue that was missing was why Ben didn't adopt Hanna and Mattie as this would have completed the whole story. But all in all, this was a wonderful story that had the happiest of happily ever after endings. Well done 5++++stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very sensitive story. Sometimes, for my liking, the intimacy scenes were stretched a trifle to far.

Having Megan at the wedding was a bit much. Forgiveness is one thing, defacto including her in the family....?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

For those who object to the faith element, I object to your objection. Leave it be and go on to another story.

jsch1947jsch1947almost 2 years ago

The cuckold formula triumphs. Hubby is clueless.he had a slut for years with no clue. No gossip ever set him wise. Of course a better lover is just waiting under his feet to snap him up.

The dialogue is unrealistic to the point of maudlin.

He's a good devout christian. Implying that he, (and the slut) were that way during that period as well. She was a good woman after all, once she shook off the effects of the martian slut ray sat the tip of Jody's cock. (Of course he dumped her, and the secret was never revealed) under it all she was wonderful, but reconciliation is unthinkable because men should never be humiliated.

Touching, and true to the formula.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow - one of the best stories I have read- as oneoldman and FlynnTaggart said the religious aspect enhanced the story. I’m not religious but this story was very refreshing and showed to an amazing degree how people should act towards each other in both the physical and mental aspects. Great job BarryJames1952!

Jalibar62Jalibar62about 1 year ago

I know it's not what you do, not your story style, but if ever there was a "villain" in one of your tales who deserved retribution, it's this guy, who stole Megan not once, but twice - the second time as a married woman - somehow convinced her they were destined to be together, and then threw her away like trash.

She's certainly not blameless, but guys like that should be destined for dark alleys and the wrong end of a Louisville Slugger.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I truly love this story and I know that faith and love of the lord brought the blessings to those involved. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I am a pastor and most of the stories I read that include a religious element are overdone and do not ring true, and I truly cringe as I read them. This story is not like that! I applaud you for portraying religion, faith and the minister in a realistic manner. I enjoyed this romance very much.

ker63469ker634699 months ago

I've said it before, OUTSTANDING! And that does not do this story justice. Thank you for your portrayal of faith and of those that are believers.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim997 months ago

I love this story. Unlike some stories on here about when a wife leaves her husband for true love, their friends are upset with her. Sometimes the families also betray the husband. It's nice to read a story about people with moral fiber.

I loved the daughters, I think they saw him and sensed what kind of man he was. That's why they started to love him, and brought mom along.

joeoggijoeoggi6 months ago

OMG. powerful writing. Excellent series. I’m blown away at the emotion in your writing. So well done.

NitpicNitpic4 months ago
Needs

Author needs to revisit timescales in this story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sorry but I think I nodded off a few times. Why use five chapters when one or two would have been plenty. I like the base story line and the happy ending for all is fine.

I wanted to like it but i really don't care to know what everyone's shoe size is.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief8 days ago

This chapter really pulled at the heat strings. As for the sex at the end, it was nice but wasn't really needed because their makeout sessions were hot enough to make the story X rated IMHO :) Great story and I'm guess it was okay that Megan wormed her way back into the story. Still think she got off too easy but it's not my story. Still five stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarryJames1952@BarryJames1952
I'm an old romantic who is completely in love with my wife. I find reading romances and thinking about romances keeps me focused on how great she is and how much I love her. I am also a man of faith and my writing will reflect that. Yes, Christians like sex too! Often the rom...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories