All Comments on 'Two By Four Marriage Therapy'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Now THAT was funny shit!

But since Blair couldn't really prove anything, I'm thinking Archer should have taken the kids and stayed gone - permanently. I don't care how much regret Blair had, she would have tried to jail Archer forever. Once a bitch - ALWAYS a bitch.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

This is beyond stupid and clearly is the worst story that this particular author has ever written. It is beyond all believe ability that these the series of events could happen like this. It's barely plausible that there could be some sort of screw up and following somebody being illegally detain at a mental health facility when they're not crazy as some sort of the Evil twisted scheme.

But for the police to do absolutely no research or background At all Is simply beyond belief.Once the ex wife was in the legal custody of the police they had to do some sort of basic investigation as to what exactly happened.

The 1st 2 pages are just absolutely implausible and are So badly done as to actually make you either burst out laughing at this pathetically stupid attempt to write a story like this or It may cause you to vomit

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh man

It was doing good until Leslie jump in the picture

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good one

Story made a complete circle for good old Blair as she is back in Farmdale. Archer sure has some bad luck with the womens though. Maybe he, Blair, and the kids can make a go of it after the 2X4 therapy. Another story to enjoy.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Interesting way to get rid of a nasty shrew!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The ending made absolutely no sense

..hence the low score ..

012Say012Sayover 3 years ago
On your intro

I am always surprised at the criticisms by readers. The site is free, but more importantly voluntary, why would someone take time to read something they dislike, then waste more of their time telling others? I enjoyed the use of exaggerated circumstances to teach both a lesson. George Carlin used to tell a story in one of his routines, he claimed he was out and picked up a strange woman and took her to his hotel room. When he removed his pants, she laughed and said, who do you expect to satisfy with that. He replied, myself. Your writing is great, I hope you are more like Carlin, and enjoy what you create.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"Vicki, I am sorry if I have offended you." - God, do I hate this kind of apology, right along with, "If anyone was offended, I apologize," like it' the other person's fault for being offended!

/

"Blair was so hungry she got a bite to eat" - How? Did Vicki feed her? Blair doesn't have any money, does she?

/

The letter is proof that he did it.

/

Why is he even hinting at coming back? As he says in the letter, he faces all sorts of trouble if he comes back.

/

"Joint accounts mean EITHER party can withdraw money. They do not require BOTH signatures." - Yes! So many stories try to claim that money withdrawn BEFORE a divorce action is somehow owed to the other party. I suppose a Judge COULD order a share paid back, but it's certainly not automatic.

/

"escape all the roles I had that required me to be responsible." - Except that she WASN'T responsible. Certainly not as a wife, barely as a mother and employee.

/

Even with his "2x4 therapy," I don't believe that she could change like that. Certainly, when he went back to Arizona, rather than falling into depression she would revert to her bitchy ways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Suspension of disbelief is one thing absolutely ludicrous and impossible scenarios are another. You mentioned needing to include enough "true elements" care to point those out? Committing someone in an "asylum" under DID or "multiple personalities" Seriously? Oh and of course that is accepted by the "asylum" staff.

Still waiting for true elements.... Oh! I figured it out. It was the use of certain words that accurately represent items we can identify in the real world. After all, a table is a table. Got it. I am sorry but that really wasn't helpful to make me accept any of this. Perhaps if you went with demonic possession instead of multiple personalities.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
crazy

That was crazy. I won't criticize a fantasy story but why on earth would hew anther back? Coming back for the kids school is one thing, even though he can register them anyplace. And why would he think leslie would remain celibate? Once he was there and they were a couple then yes, the affair with the boss was a deal breaker. But for this guy to have a wife and a girlfriend and not expect leslie to also get some one the side is just wrong. Unless of course that is what they discussed.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Enjoyed your imaginative romp. Could have used more detailed sex, though!

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

"I am always surprised at the criticisms by readers. The site is free, but more importantly voluntary, why would someone take time to read something they dislike"

I am always surprised at how many precogs are unaware that not every one has the psychic powers to know they wont like something BEFORE the actually read it - you would think these people able to see the future would have at some point met or preconceived meeting someone who doesnt have this amazing power

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

I'm usually all for a good BTB story, but Archer turned into world class asshole. He turned into everything that he accused Blair of being.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 3 years ago

"It is incumbent on the author to provide enough 'true' elements so that the plot can has enough plausibility to keep the reader from giving up on it."

I admire your acceptance of this responsibility to the reader. So many authors seem to believe "it is my story so live with and it should not affect the score!"

By your own measure, you have succeeded. It was a fine line, but that made all the more entertaining.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Crazy story but I did enjoy it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He wrote a fantasy...

and it was amusing. Commenters should get over themselves.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Wow, that epilogue was so rushed, it could have been a full story on its own. Most striking thing for me is the small-town corruption that keeps Blair as a prisoner even after the truth is revealed. Doesn't hit that hard since she's still a pretty despicable character at that point, but it's scary all the same.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Fun read - Obviously, it was outrageous and over the top but I loved the fast flowing plot and the unique way of dealing with a cheating spouse. I usually hate writers in LW doing an epilogue rather than continue the story, but loved the punch line on this one. 4*

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

I gave this one 5 stars. Skippy warned us in the preamble it was far fetched and it was but I loved the concept and the humor.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 3 years ago
This one is extremely implausible.

Psych facilities DO NOT operate in the way described.

And Blair exhibits all of the traits of a classic narcissist. You can’t fix narcissism, because a narcissist is unable to admit that they were wrong. About anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Decent start....lame finish

First half of this presented one of the more novel BTB setups in a while.

But the way you wrapped it up was just awful. And even in the context of fantasy fiction, made no sense.

If Arch truly wanted to try to reconcile....why keep the AZ babe in back pocket?

And then he goes back?

And then AZ babe becomes early clone of Blair?

And then he returns home?

And Blair checks self into asylum?

Just no......

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Suspension of disbelief?

Readers do have to accept that sometimes things are depicted in the writer’s imagination that are implausible, but this story takes that to an entirely different level.

Still, the first couple of pages were amusing, but once the story gets to The Return on page three, it veers off into the woods. He dumped her, found he could live without her, found a new woman he could fuck, and he comes back?

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Very Complicated

You get an a plus for putting this story out there. I felt the darkness early on in the story. I believe it was so dark I had difficulty finishing the story. Than the ending was as dark as the beginning. Leaving me questioning the merits of what I just read.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsover 3 years ago
Not Bad

OK, whenever I see one of your stories listed I know I'm going to read something a little different than the norm. This one definitely was out there but what the hell, it was entertaining. I appreciate the author's efforts. Worth every cent I paid for it.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

stupid to admit to what he did in writing, even dumber for the cuck to take the whore back

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

At first I saw Blair as a beeeeoch too, but it now appears that Archer may have drove her into being like that. Archer's solution was criminal and then to nullify her dramatic comeback was criminal - the writer conveniently did not write about what the kids thought/wanted now that mom was so much better and loving. Yes, Archer needs to pay some price - a 2x4 will not solve his problem.

/

The story's end was just too much with obvious conclusions. It also showed Archer was NOT as smart as he thought. He never got wind of the AZ girlfriends true nature over the first summer months??? It took a second summer to see what she was and he never talked over the previous schoolyear ??? This just does not pass the stink test!

/

Actually, I was hoping at the end Blair would divorce Archers ass taking it all from him, since he was willingly committing adultery in front of his kids - he's an unfit father. And maybe she should get Archer's ass for kidnapping and illegal drugging.

/

3*, Hooyah....

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 3 years ago
What a wild ride...

Poetic ending, although most people clearly don't like it.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 3 years ago
Sorry

I couldn't get with the cruelty of the ending, I like happy endings. Hence the low score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not....

an ending. Felt unfinished in my opinion.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 3 years ago

I like it! Different story about two totally screwed up people.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

Skippy

I love most of you stories, but I think you turned this into a 'Flying Dutchman'. Archer not only wanted his cake but he wanted to eat it too.

Yes she cheated and that's bad, but did it warrant two weeks of being drugged, stuck in a mental ward, jail, find out she can't get into her own home (maybe on this one) back to jail, lose of job, new job at same place only at a lower wage. Having to work a part time job to make ends meet, just to have him waltz back in like nothing bad happened to her.

Archer had enough money to have her followed to make sure she wasn't seeing other men, yet he was living with another woman (having sex, I believed he lied to Blair) and having a good old time only to come home after he knew she wasn't seeing anyone. Lives with her for nine months just so the kids could go back to school, to then return to his girlfriend.

He only decides to come back home again because he got his iddy biddy feelings hurt by his girlfriend doing the same thing his wife had done. Now she is in the hospital for real and all he can say is, 'Vicki, does your husband have a 2 x 4 wooden post in his workshop?' 'I guess so. Why?' 'I think it's time I give myself some marriage therapy.'

Maybe what he really needs is to speed some time behind the same bars he put Blair.

Skip, this was a fail.

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Hmm of course it was exaggerated

There are a lot if things that IRL would be impossible. It is a trope we have seen before, where a husband wants,not revenge, but a way to open his wife's eyes. It is outrageous, outlandish and angering, but so was her behavior.

Funny but Archer has the woman he wanted yet like her cheating with Jason, he thinks the answer is to find someone else, and he ends up finding a woman like his wife,which is not outlandish. He married Gail for some reason, yet she turned out to be a bitch,he finds leslie and she is much the same.

And the ending raises a big question, why the hell does he go back to Leslie when Gail has shown she wants him? She could of put him in jail, gotten any of his assets , really raped him but she didn't,she wants him. Among other things, it implies he had a character flaw,too, that made him attracted to a bitch like Leslie,almost like he expected to be abused. The ending is him realizing what he did was as bad as what she did and realizes he deserves to be hit over the head. Surprised he didn't have an epilogue to this with what happens to them.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Not the usual good read. No real ending just ended badly all the same.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

Those poor kids. Both parents are insane!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
For some reason this story reminded me of " A Christmas Carol,"

blended with "Its A Wonderful Life." Overall it was quite a cartoon, but not very funny, and not at all believable. But that takes us back to the two stories it sorta reminds me of.

And as in those two stories, it is a waste of time to try to make sense of it all. Just a dark gallows humor story about failed people and failed relationships. It was interesting if not fun,

Thanks for the effort.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
I’m a BtB’er

And I would dump his ass after this. You got to AZ to see another woman after yours buster her ass to prove she changed. This is why women don’t believe men when they show that they have changed. There to pissed or to much of a dump ass to see it.

Lashman89Lashman89over 3 years ago
Nice read

I enjoy your stories. Forget the negative reviews. It's all fun.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Sorry Skip, not one of the best. A bit too convoluted for my tast. But thank you for the story, look forward to your next one

Scores 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The episode with the local police could have been rather easily avoided. All she had to do was show them the letter hubby left. She was after all in the house with one of cops. Other than that, a pleasant read that is sometimes hard to find it seems.

tizwickytizwickyover 3 years ago

Very entertaining fun read that no one should take seriously. This would make a great plot for a comedy movie.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Normally I like your stories, but I just didn't care for this. Both sides made serious mistakes.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Gave this 4* but it almost tried to balance a little too much real feelings with humor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
SAD!!!!!

started out fun fanticy, turned very dark. what she did he doubled. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Coudn't finish it

Ran out of will to continue somewhere on page 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Dumb. She cheated, but he's stupid AND a cheater. The kids have no chance at growing up normal with these two as parents, probably be serial murderers, the way things are going. And a 2x4 is a board, not a post. A 4x4 is an example of a post.

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
Enjoyable stories need at least one likeable character

There's no one here to like or root for aside from the kids and they end up with a bleak future. Their mother is a partially reformed shrew slut who now needs inpatient care for major depression with catatonia. Their father is a vindictive unindicted felon with a sense of entitlement that makes him repugnant and loathsome.

Hopefully the kids will become wards of the state. That would be far better than being raised by either of this pathetic pair.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Another outstanding and novel story of a relationship at edge of human tolerance.

Thanks and best regards.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

stumbled on the ending. tried too hard i think

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
it is a stupid story, but it made sense

some people become evil because they grow entitled and complacent: The Wife of this story. She did grow up after her ordeal. But how does a spouse regain trust, or respect, she killed that.

And then you have people that become evil because they were hurt and betrayed: The Husband of this story. He's not as horrible as people think, but could not handle forgiveness. He turned to engage in the same toxic behavior as his abuser. I imagine a very large number of cheaters are just victims of cheating, and have NEVER coped.

I hope the husband does kick his own ass. I hope this fictional wife gets better. But these are made up people, the author doesn't owe us a follow-up story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Classic but subdued

Better with or without /him or her storyline

The author has written worse stories but I have enjoyed most of them

jesemmojesemmoabout 3 years ago
Good story

Hard to believe that many of critics are so hard on a story that first: costs us nothing, and second: may not be written by a famous writer, but still are good stories. I enjoyed this story. It reminded me of a failed marriage that was very much like this one. There was a Blair (not the same name) that drove me crazy because she felt that she was entitled to being treated like her shit didn't stink. If I had read this story before I left her maybe a 2x4 would have been a better solution. Then again maybe not. I enjoyed the methods of the husband, but the second women didn't fit. Actually, she was as worse. Definitely a four star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story. In the end Archer was the asshole for sleeping with Leslie. After 9 months with Blair showing how she had changed and had made the effort to change for Archer to go off to Arizona and then sleep with Leslie made him just as bad as Blair was before he took action against her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the most moronic plots I have ever read here... No I didn't read all of it - just couldn't...

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

its funny how now Archer's the asshole but when Blair cheated, he needs to get over it so they can move on.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Not your best but pretty close!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It’s just a story, some folks take toooooo literal, come here for some none reality.

LOVE. slap*hapy*papy. #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The husband is not actually worse than Blaire, not at all.

He became like her. She became like him. They had switched. It's easy to say Blaire was worse because she kicked off the betrayal, the neglect, the selfish bullshit. It's easy to say Archer is worse for stringing his wife along for 9 long months. It is cruel to spit on someone that is trying very hard to rehabilitate. But it's also cruel to spit on someone that breaks their backs to provide for you, support you, and love you despite abuses.

Right off the bat, he should not have put up with her toxic abuse. Full stop. That's on him. He gets a small pass though because, YES, even men can be victims of abuse. Shocking. What was done to her initially, in my eyes, is fully deserved.

But his stringing her along is a fall from grace. He is no longer just a victim now. He's a bully. He's fully embraced his darker half. It's one thing to tell Blaire her punishments, it's another to let her dangle. Too much stress and anxiety. It's just too toxic.

In the end though, the author left the story open for a sad and pitiful chance at a RAAC. Two vulnerable and broken people, huddled together with their abuser. Unable to leave, and unable to move forward. It will take them a decade of HARD therapy and effort to reach normal dysfunction. They are both very fragile right now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the more intriguing plots on this site. A challenging story. I still don't know if I love it or hate it.

Can I say with the utmost of respect Sir, your mind must be as twisted and perverted as mine.

I wonder how much of the plot was preplanned and how much just grew as the story developed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Would have loved to see your ending to one fucked up marraige. But you chickened out. So I'll imagine that after years of therapy that they are still together, the kids aren't that fucked up in the head, and everyone lived happily ever after. But then don't believe me cause I check into Farmdale tomorrow.

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

So, this is a first. The Mc, Archer gets to be a willing cuck, he takes her back after an affair, and an unwilling cuck, his girlfriend sleeps around, and a stupid asshole all in one marriage. Weak. Dreck. No conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your endings, now having read through most of your missives, do, truly, too often, suck. Maybe it's a characteristic if your area or a parent. Too bad. It hurts you, thus your stories, in ability to relate to others in a comfortable idioma. Fair story otherwise. Still, gonna give you a 4.51. You tried, and marginally succeeded. I wish I had the ability to write so that I could provide more constructive criticisms. But, I don't. You do. Study up. Continue to improve. Sharpen your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Archer is a hypocritical adulterer, not to mention a felon multiple times over. He is a far more malevolent person than is his wife. For the sake of her children, hopefully Blair will give him an undetectable, slow acting poison that will kill him after a long and excruciatingly painful illness. The last words he hears should be her voice telling him she arranged his early departure to Hell.

rn2711rn2711about 1 year ago

They both were horrible people. Why did he come back to her if he still thought of the other woman?

His wife will always know she was a fallback now.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This is the first time I’ve dislike any of this author’s stories. This was unnecessarily brutal: not realistic, not entertaining, not funny—just overdone.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow! You just can't cure stupid and there were SO many stupid people in this story I just couldn't like it. They all deserved each other.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous